• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-N Thread - The Long-Lost Family Member.

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
jOGedjt.png

2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenethylamine (2C-N) is an uncommon phenethylamine and member of the 2C-family, most of which were created by our beloved Alexander Shulgin.
Shulgin stated that the common dose range for 2C-N hydrochloride is somewhere between 100-150 mg, and the duration is around 4-6 hours. It seems that it wasn't too well-received by the very few people that have tried it as it apparently induces a lot of physical discomfort while not offering anything special in particular.

Here is its entry in PiHKAL
Here is its entry on Wikipedia

================================================================================​

I utilized the search engine and couldn't find any threads on 2c-n... which is strange because I remember seeing at least one or two in past. Perhaps I don't know how to operate the search engine properly. If anyone knows where they are, I'd appreciate a link if possible.

I have already seen morninggloryseed's trip report here (great read): http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=144388

I will likely be adding this rare 2c to my collection soon. I have a couple questions about it:

From pihkal and what I've been able to find around the internet, it doesn't really seem all that desirable of a chemical (except for mgs report. He mentioned a pretty crazy bodyload.). Anyone that has tried it have anything interesting to say about it? Is it a unique experience in any way? Any dosage recommendations, comments about duration or anything else you can add about it?

Also, anyone have an idea how Marquis Reagent should react to this chemical? I'd like to be able to verify it is indeed 2c-n. I do know that it should be an orange color.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marquis = dark brown surrounded by green ring + gas evolution

I've Big and Dandified this so it can be found again, because you're right, we've got very little. I know there are a couple of threads out there but 3-letter terms are almost impossible to search for with Bluelight's search.

Morninggloryseed had a +4 experience with this, and then was never able to get anything from it again if I recall. I'll find the report and post it.

If anyone has anything on this, please, please post!

All I know about it is that it's an orange fluffy substance, and it requires a high dose (like 100mg or thereabouts).

Here is morninggloryseed's experience. It's on Erowid also but I'd rather link to the Bluelight version so people can read the ensuing discussion as well.

Morninggloryseed's 2C-N +4 Experience

Also the PIHKAL entry. It doesn't say much and makes it sound quite unpromising. If I had some of this I would surely try it and add my report to the collective.

There really is very little about this out there. If anyone finds any reports, please post links to them. Likewise with any information of any kind.

Last edited:
I just hope whoever gets this takes it slow. it was probably an idiosyncratic reaction with MGS but still, there's no need to risk it. The extreme body load sounds like it could definitely be too much for some people. And there's also the fact that MGS was very experienced with many psychedelics, and he didn't even take the highest dose PIHKAL mentioned.

I think his words need to be headed:

I figured from the reports that the material would be mild. I've truly learned my lesson now about not taking PIHKAL by word.

I've taken it before (although I forget the dose.. around 100mg maybe.. dunno) and didn't get any noticeable body load - the trip wasn't anywhere near as interesting as mgs's trip though :)

If i had another dose of it i'd definitely eat it again.

-- DON is another one that i've always wanted to try, it sounds like a lot of "fun", like a good time etc.. There's a couple old reports on DON.

What exactly is this, and where can i get it? Is it legal? Can i make it?

Its 2,5 dimethoxy-4-nitrophenethylamine. You wont get answers on where to find it here. Its covered by the USA analog act as well as britains misuse of phenethylamines act. You cant make it...

We don't discuss sources at Bluelight. As for what it is, check Erowid and PIHKAL.

Actually there is no Erowid vault, and the only report is MGS's that I already linked to.

PIHKAL 2C-N Entry

EDIT: I already linked to that above too.

I did it few times, up to 200 mg. I can't say there was too much of body load, though I sustain well the side effects of phenylethylamines. 2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitro-phenylethylamines feel very weird, unlike anything else in PIHKAL, and they're also very shallow. 2C-N is something like low dose 2C-C.

^ You guys seem to have a supply of the nitros, i.e., 2C-N and DON over in the USSR, no? Wonder why that is...

maybe i can add something...

i had both, DON and 2C-N

DON is a wonderful chemical and, in my opinion, the only compound that does really deserve the name "hallucinogenic amphetamine"
it is much more speedy than the other DOX, but in a good way, not like, for example dob-dragonfly, more like the awareness and euphoria of good dextroamphetamine and at the same time very DOI-like (or DOC-like) colour changes and optical sensations.

2C-N is more like giving an incredible bodyload (but for me and my rats, we like it :) ) it is comparable with that heavy pressing on the chest i sometimes have from 2c-e (feels heavy but good, like a big rock of gold on your heart)
optical it has only a few color changes, but it also gives the push of the DON but not as strong. for me this is really similar to mda/mde, even dosage wise

Wow, I'd love to hear more of your experiences. Personally, DOC is my favorite chemical. I'd love to try DON, as it sounds like the sort of thing I would really enjoy. :)

DON and 2C-N are two things I have never had the opportunity to try. :(

2C-N has just become available to me, but im not sure whether or not I should get it.

The only thing at this point that's really turning me away from it is all the horrible things ive been hearing/reading about physical problems with it. Intense gastrointestinal problems, massive diaharia, vomiting. Doesnt sound so fun...although the experience sounds incredible.

Thizz, that was one report by MGS.

Most 2c's cause GI problems for alot of people and none for others.
If you have the opportunity to try it, id go for it.

Not only that report, but ive heard it from the one person I know who's tried it. She said it made her feel as if she'd drank a gallon of milk (she's lactose).

I guess that's not a lot of people, but it's a lot to me when considering nasty GI problems. Not exactly my favorite kind of problems :|

Ill have to think long and hard about this. It seems like something thats a bit too good to pass it up, but idk....

I wish there was a bit more info out there for me.

not alot of info out there because not alot of people have experienced it.

Pihkal makes it sound boring and the dose is much higher than the usual 2c's.

If it were me i would do it for novelties sake...
but i can understand wanting to rathre go with something tried and true.

Im definitely in the same boat as you on this. I was blown away when I found it on a vendor list, because it's so rare. I might try it for novelties sake, but im not sure at the moment.

Ill have to do a bit more research. Maybe ill PM MGS to get his full imput on it.

Will report back later if anything happens with this!