• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 3C-P Thread

No, still not tried it. IN all honesty I probably never will. Better things to do. But it makes a nice addition to have in the collection anyway.

Somehow any drug I can'tget my hands always seems especially interesting, and I wish I had bought some when I saw it in a headshop in Japan when I was there in 2003... haven't come across it since.

I know how you feel. I love collecting reference compounds with alleged psychedelic properties.

I think my collection is the most precious thing I own as far as material possessions go. The other day I thought I lost a vial of 5-MeO-DPT. Here is a compound I have little desire to ever try, and it ruined my entire day when it went missing. THankfully it turned up.

I registered just so I could post on this topic. I did 3cp in 2002 or maybe 2003. I was provided with 50 mg and told that it was an active dose. I asked the person what other people had said about it and he said that no one that he knew had tried it yet. There was no more info forthcoming. It was measured accurately. I stashed it away.

I was a bit apprehensive so eyeballed it into two 25 mg piles and capped it. I was going hiking in the hills with girlfriend and dogs and had water also. I dosed at the start. Now my memory is not as sharp as when I did it, bit was like lunch time when I did it. I felt it, but it wasn't that great, kind of like 2ct2 at 10-15 mg for me. I was having a good time but only remembered I did something when girlfriend asked how it was. Got home about 5:00 and it was wearing off so I did the other cap and got 2 or 3 more hours out of it. Didn't get any higher, just prolonged it. If I had some again I would just do 50 mg. I should say that I am typically a low doser, so take that as you will. I experienced no body upset, no bowel stuff, heartbeat normal, everything was ok. I do remember it had a bit of an edge, but not bad.

I think it comes down to set and setting with an unknown. I was excited to try it and had a great day outdoors. But with any rc that is unknown there is the potential expectation of a possibly bad trip that could easily be magnified.

However, as not many have done this, I could be totally wrong too. But I wanted to include my experience for what it is worth.

Peace and out

Thank you for adding that! Well, outdoors in nature with the girlfriend is truely the best possible setting (take out the dog and its perfect for me). I'd have thought 25mg would do more, but that's why life is a mystery. It is good to hear it was mostly side-effect free. You compared it with T2 which causes me significant bodyload and nausea. Thanks again for posting!

Now why did he make 3C-P of all things! Not Escaline, or Allylscaline!

No, 3C-P is 3,5-dimethoxy-4-propyloxyamphetamine and Proscaline is 3,5-Dimethoxy-4-(n)-Propoxyphenethylamine.

So similar, but 3C-P being an amphetamine with a propyloxy group and Proscaline being a phenethylamine with a propoxy group

Contained: the only difference is the addition/subtraction of a methyl group on the alpha carbon.
propyloxy and propoxy is the same thing. look at the structures and the formulae.

Thanks for clearing that up twelvesevndi, I'm still in the process of learning.

Split up the "3c-p and 3c-e" thread that popped up, making a new B&D for 3C-E, and moving the 3C-P posts here. :)

In other news, might try 40mg of this tonight ^^

Edit: 40mg down the hatch, let's see what this has to offer. :)

Just a note, I snorted a couple of mg left on the wrap, and am already experiencing mild visuals and altered headspace from that - also the burn was nowhere near that of 2Cs (though the amount I snorted was tiny). If this is the same (and same quality) 3C-P that others have reported having, with only minor visuals at 40mg, then maybe insufflation is a better route with this chemical considering how I got effects from so little.

Unfortunately I have none left to test that out, but we'll see how this trip goes.

Last edited:
Come up was rather rough and dirty, reminiscent of how the 2C-P come up was for me but more physically constrained (not even a tinge of nausea, though there was slight GI discomfort) and just more mentally unpleasant, with a lot of anhedonia in particular.

Peaked into a wonderful soft and smooth experience reminiscent of 2C-B but with a unique character of its own. It was driven by a strong amphetamine like stimulation, and there was a definite empathy and openness present much akin to that of 2C-B, but with a bigger stimulating drive behind it which led to a lot of talking and a lot of writing. (As you'll see by my 2.7k+ word trip report.. it was meant to be "a few little notes" 8() - very pleasurable, dancing was wonderful, music sounded great.

Later the rushier euphoria subsided into a more gentle high, somewhat like if amphetamine were wrapped in soft pillows, that's pretty much the body high I've been getting since the peak wore off. It's still present now, and helping drive my fingers to type out these words. There's somewhat of an analytical headspace, but it doesn't get quite so caught up in diverse thought loops as some drugs, and rather simply allows me to think in a clear and balanced manner.

I think this has a lot of therapeutic potential, as I was able to face inner demons without feeling sad or angry or depressed, just calm, in control, and understanding.

Aside from the anhedonia on the come up the trip has been entirely pleasurable. At T+15:18 since I dosed I'm still not anywhere near tired yet, but I feel another 30-60 minutes and I might be able to sleep, maybe.. or maybe a couple of hours, we'll see.

There were a lot of visuals but at the same time they were rather subtle and not so distracting like those present on 2C-E, more like pleasant background noise.

I'll keep writing my trip report (which is already at a rather long 2.7k+ words as I mentioned o_O - but I'll write a short summary version alongside it) until it ends, and I'll post it up later/tomorrow! :)

Hope this is enough info to keep you guys going until then ;)

Edit: Oh and some notes regarding duration:
T+0:00: Dosed
T+1:30: First alert
T+2:00: Definitely tripping now.
T+2:20: Pleasantness kicks in.
T+2:50: Suddenly reminds me of 2C-B and feels wonderfully euphoric, empathic, social etc.
T+5:30: Euphoria dies down into a softer version of an amphetamine type high, with psychedelic layers on top.
--- up and down waves of the effects over the next several hours ---
T+15:30: Still going, expect another hour or two until I'm down.

Edit2: Trip report is up here :D

Thank you for your post. This is the most useful comment about this substance, I've read, so far (though I haven't read your tr, yet).

What I mostly was wondering, and kinda missing in this thread, how does this compound compare to TMA (or the TMA's)? Structurally it is most similar to TMA, although your description sounds pretty similar to an experience I had on ~30 mg TMA-2, minus the long duration.

Can you, or anyone else, comment on this?

Last edited:
Well yes it's a cross between TMA and proscaline, I suggest you read up on proscaline because that sounds like it brings out the MDMA-like qualities of mescaline but not so much the psychedelia (although a part may be retained). It explains nothing but it makes SAR analogies more consistent and it could help us to forget about the similarly named 2C-P which is very psychedelic. Not even the propyl is the same because with 3C-P and proscaline it is a propoxy group. Both propyl and propoxy apparently increase potency though.

If proscaline is already pretty euphoric, although maybe physically languid, probably empathogenic, with some MDMA-ish component ... alpha-methylating it into 3C-P should be more nicely energetic and quite literally more into an MDMA-like direction. I guess I shouldn't overfocus on the description of it being in between MDMA and mescaline because that doesn't necessarily mean there is MDMA-like action going on on. But if it has, maybe this is an exception to the rule for psychedelic that N-methylation abolishes effect rather than sprucing it up.

I understand that proscaline is the closest analogue of 3C-P, chemically speaking and I must admit I don't have experience with proscaline, but what I've read about it, is that it's nothing like the description of Jesusgreen of 3C-P. Moreover, in my experience, non of the PEA analogues correspond to their amphetamine counterpart in effect, duration and dose. Therefore I think reading up on proscaline, to get more insight into this compound, is futile.
Hence my comparison with the TMA's, since they are better known and possible produce a better insight. Aside from my comparison to TMA-2, a comparison to TMA-6 was made in the TR of Jesusgreen.

Come up was rather rough and dirty, reminiscent of how the 2C-P come up was for me but more physically constrained (not even a tinge of nausea, though there was slight GI discomfort) and just more mentally unpleasant, with a lot of anhedonia in particular.
How would you compare it to 2C-E? For me there was a rougher come up but later in the trip it got more enjoyable.
No anhedonia though just nervousnes

Do you mean the come up or the overall experience? With the overall experience there is very little that can be compared, other than them both producing some degree of stimulation and being wonderful aids for writing and speaking - though 2C-E sways to the side of poetry for me while 3C-P would favour a debate or a story.

I personally find the 2C-E come up rather easy to handle usually but sometimes at higher doses it can feel a bit sickly and I'm usually greeted by the sensation of not knowing whether I want to stand up, sit down, walk around etc.. With 3C-P the come up was also easy to handle but it really gave me a sense that I'd underdosed and wasn't going to feel anything pleasant, along with a lack of desire to really do anything.

I've read some reports on Proscaline and I'd agree with Solipsis that my experience seems similar to some of those reports, which of course makes sense given the structure. I can't say if it induces more or less empathy and euphoria than Proscaline itself having not tried it but it certainly was a fantastic substance to try and the only other person I know personally irl who's tried it gave it similarly high praise.