• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DiPT Thread

Has anyone noticed a tolerance with either of these chemicals, or cross tolerance with other chemicals?

I seem to recall a thread sometime somewhere where someone mentioned no perceived tolerance build up after using 4-AcO-DiPT several days in a row. Can't find the thread now.

Still no responses from someone who has taken both substances on multiple occasions and could accurately compare and contrast the two? Shulgins information has not satisfied me and what is to be considered either substance is thrown around quite loosely in the trip reports Ive read. To me, it sounds like the relationship between 4ACO and 4HO is like DXM vs DXO. Id imagine it being something like a hollow shroom experience almost. And did I read someone saying that the stuff can last up to 9 hours? Thats pretty facsinating considering ive only had seriously high doses of shrooms last only about 6 - 8 hours. I think ill scratch 4-HO off my 'to do' list until these guys get some regular 4ACO in stock or until theres more concrete information available.

^^^^^^^^^^

Really, the 4-Ho is the 'regular' and the 4-AcO version is the 'something else.' It was the 4-Ho that was described by Shulgin in TIHKAL and it 3 hr duration seems well established.

It is the 4-AcO that seems to have more of the weird side-effects (shakes and what-not) and the inconsistant trip length (from 3 hr up to 9 hr.) I'd be weary of the 4-AcO version and hunt after the 4-Ho. The only advantage of having the 4-AcO is it is more stable. Or is supposed to be anyway.

Iprocin

ok, I tried 20mg of 4-Ho-DiPT (Iprocin).

The entire experience lasted 3 hours, was interesting, but hardly earth shattering. I took notes, but not much to report really. My ego remained fully intact; I experienced mild color shifting and somewhat minimal mental effects. Physically it was very friendly, with no negative body load to speak of, but little euphoria or yummy body feelings. I would take 22 or 24mg if I was to try this batch again. Its quick onset and short duration might make it valuable in certain circumstances.

I am wondering if 4-AcO-DiPT isn’t psychoactive in its own right, and then after it metabolizes the 4-Ho psychoactive properties become apparent. This might explain DrWild’s report of a double peak on the 4-AcO, but his reported dosages are uncharacteristically small, closer to the 4-Ho doses. You sure which on you took Doc?

Is it a valuable material? Is it more of a tool or a toy? Well, I’m not sure I can answer that given my limited experience. Additionally, my one and only 4-AcO-DiPT experience was a complete bust; it failed bioassay and I wrote it off as a bad synthesis, so I have no basis for comparison there either.

:|

Iprocin gets two thumbs up

I just took 24 mg of Iprocin (4-Ho-DiPT) for the first time with a close friend and we were both very impressed. Fantastic material all around! l had some true spiritual moments where my ego/self was completely striped away and I was just once with the earth. Very cosmic stuff in that classic tryptamine way. We took this material outdoors at night and a POWERFUL +3 was experienced by both uf us, and I was flirting with a +4 at times. The good thing though was we never felt overwhelmed at any time. Easy on the body and the mind. I'd say 24 mg is the maxium level. I'll prolly dose a little less next time as this material is definitely up for repeats one day.

Last edited:
well shit, I guess I should have gone for a couple more mgs. by the way, Shulgin does indeed confirm suspicions that 4-AcO is psychoactive in its own right, and then metabolizes into the 4-Ho. This might explain DrWild's double peak experience with the acetoxy.

anyone try insufflated iprocin? negative effects seem to be less prominent (i feel slight nausea during come on and slight dysphoria w/ clammy hands, i think almost worse than alphaO). the visuals were more intense compared to how my mind and body felt. very nice indeed probably a +2. peaked by 30-40min after insufflation, about 2 hrs in duration, and came in the familiar, pleasant waves. used 10-13mg at MOST...
anyone experiment with this?

Last edited:
I just got a half gram and weighed out doses. The doses average weight is about 19.67mg, will this be an adaquete sized does?

sorry I got 4-HO-DiPT forgot to say that.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 mg is not a mild dose of Iprocin (if you are talking about oral administration.) Everyone has their own degree of tolerance. Dosages of most substances vary.

Ok my friends and I recently tried 4-HO-DiPT. Everyone said 20mg was a good dose, but we believe that this is an under estimate. I used a digital scale to measure out 20mg doses and we ate them. An hour later we each snorted 10mg cuz we weren't feeling it enough. Then we smoked 40mg about 30 mins after snorting it. Then it got good and strong, after about 40mg per person. Jus thought I'd let ya know that 20mg may not be enough.

Perhaps the 4-ho-dipt you guys had was slightly degraded. I always found 20mg to be a sufficient dose for 4-aco-dipt (with maybe another 20mg at T+1:30 to prolong it not to intensify it). However, recently someone sent me a 20mg sample of 4-ho-dipt and all I got was threshold effects. Considering 4-ho-dipt has a lower molecular weight than 4-aco-dipt it should actually be slightly more potent by weight. So I'm led to believe the 4-ho-dipt that was sent to me was degraded. Either way, I would strongly suggest anyone trying either of these not to try more than 20mg the first time.

hmmm maybe, 4-ho-dipt is highly unstable from what i hear. and youre right it should be slightly more potent than 4-aco-dipt in theory. great chemical in my opinion.

Would it be safe to mix a MAOI (Syrian Rue) with 4-HO-DIPT?
(with dietary observations)

Who knows? Do you know anyone who has done this? Neither do I. You will be going into uncharted waters. No can say it's "safe" but based on the fact that mixing Rue with most other N-substituted tryptamines works fine, I don't see why this wouldn't. 5-MeO-DMT seems to be an exception.

i liked iprocin. the body high was good. mindset was never uncontrolable unlike with lsd or mushies. visuals were present, but not too prominent, i did get enhanced colors and minor breathing of walls. i think the most signifigant part of the whole experience was the body high. i didnt get any body tremors or negative body load i just had a good body high. i really cant decribe the body high cause ive never felt one like i have off of iprocin. this chemical is definately one worth trying.

Just a F.Y.I.

There is a VERY special synergy between Iprocin and ketamine. I have found mixing ketamine with other psychedelics can be touch and go. I wish I had some details of the Iprocin/ketamine combo but such things are beyond words. But again, the two were fantastic together and I will be repeating it sometime again.

The dosages used were 20 mg (orally) of Iprocin and 120 mg (IM) of ketamine which I took about 1 hr 20 min after I consumed the Iprocin.

[random point]Iprocin kinda reminds me of what 5-MeO-DMT would be like if you took it orally. It has the same spiritual opening and warmth for me as 5-MeO-DMT, but it's gentle and not as emmersive. I almost wonder if Iprocin would (to me) resemble 5-MeO-DMT if it were smoked. I don't intend to find out as it works fine orally and I'll take 5-MeO-DMT if I want that kind of trip. But maybe some other explorer one day will try smoking Iprocin and report on what happens.[/random point]

I just sort of recently got a little bit of Iprocin.

First time I tried it, I must have taken too low of a dose or just didnt "understand" the effects the lower doses have even when I dont see visuals other than color enhancement/other "unique" things. I think I redosed a couple hours later and realised when i concentrated on the body buzz, it really was a good one, not an annoying one like 5-meo-dipt or 2c-t-2. I could close my eyes, listening to music, and closed eye I could kind of direct my vision, i might have saw "normal psychedelic" type visuals swirling around, but they were sort of "not in your face", 3 dimentional faint but amazing visuals. Well i paid attention to them for long enough and it turned into images and kind of cartoonish-animation that started to more and more correspond to whatever music was playing. Music really got to my emotions, when i closed my eyes and relaxed.

At higher dosages, seems to be a point where its like "whoa, cool!" look at these beautiful OEV's, and wow, its like, well, its Iprocin visuals, something I might see on a high dosage LSD trip. But its like you have this warm, comforting blanket around you, thats attached to reality. I have closed my eyes long enough when the other person i was with was doing the same and almost sort of forgot what part of the room i was in. As soon as I open my eyes, everything is back to mostly normal.

On my last trip, i was able to concentrate on the TV screen, on a certain video DVD with the menu on, doing nothing. I could stare deep into the actual way my brain is processing this information (of lines, curves, etc) into letters and eventually the english language where i knew what the word was. It was like I could shut more and more of this off, down to the invidual letters starting to come apart, looking like little "workers" in my body (me, the big dude, president of mr. ...well me and all smaller parts). Moving around, like they are relaxin', chillin', like maybe this is meant to do. It was like, letting the perception filtering take a break, relax for once, like your a owner of a huge company, like almost a dictator but, not totally! - letting your perception "workers" take a break, and thats when you can see things in a TOTALLY alien perspective, like the brain not knowing the old way and completely randomly collecting together to form another one way.

One thing i noticed, DIPT lasts over 24 hours to me, back to my sound being completely normal. 5-meo-dipt has a pitch shift effect, and not as bad harmonic distortion "different" than dipt but somewhat similar. I notice 4-ho-dipt's effect on lower of pitch, usually the higher doses do it more. Its not the same as 5-meo-dipt or dipt, "unique" but still similar to dipt, its that dipt thing, somehow that targets the sound region partially, maybe the other stuff attached makes it more 'selective' haha. Anyway, the nights I kept underdosing I would boost with a dose, I noticed the sound effect was still there but almost gone, into the next day. Not bothersome but noticeable..

Incredible visuals off this stuff at higher doses, I noticed it seems to take 50 minutes-1:20 or so for the effects to really kick in, unlike the 20 minutes pihkal says (at least for me).

Oh, i forgot, I smoked a little toke of salvia extract on that last trip i had, just a little bit..not to get immediately blown to a vivid ego loss state (its incredible while tripping on another psy.), but enough where i could control it. Salvia mixes great, although it usually does for me on any psychedelic :)

yaesutom said:
Incredible visuals off this stuff at higher doses, I noticed it seems to take 50 minutes-1:20 or so for the effects to really kick in, unlike the 20 minutes pihkal says (at least for me).

I too have noted the same thing....it takes about an hour for Iprocin to really get going, there are many visuals, and it lasts longer than the 3 hr reported in TIHKAL. Yet, another example of where Shulgin's words and experiences should be taken as a guide, not as fact. There are many other examples of where drugs he described turn out to be different when they are taken outside of his inner-circle.

I think that when i go to 25 mg from 20 mg, i overload the available stimuli to the point where i am uncomfortable instead of ecstatic, if the whole message was able to get through.

I noticed this to a degree with the iprocin-counterpart as well. While doses above 30mg were still quite joyful and filled with fantasy-like visuals which were absent at lower doses; the experience was too ecstatic as you put it so perfectly. But allow me to add a bit...

It was as if everything is experienced too honestly, too purely, and too perfectly that i just can't help but have sensory input overload--its impossible to process it all and come back to baseline with something gained. Don't get me wrong, the experience was still extremely joyful (the best way i can describe it--"recreational" just doesn't cut it). But to come back with an understanding of the substance, or an understanding of the insights it can provide, you really need something below 30 mg.

But its such a tease in this way b/c the visual phenomena is just so beautiful and unique to other tryptamines in higher-end doses, that i can't help but indulge.

And a side note, this psychedelic seems to be nose-friendly (unlike most PEA's), but less visually intense. After experimenting with this route of administration a little bit more, it seems the duration of everything is roughly cut in half. About 30-45 minutes coming up to peak, 0.5-1.5 hour plateau, etc. The oral ROA happens to be my personal preference though.