• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-EPT Thread

it has given me the push I need to give up alcohol. Never a massive drinker just drank for the sake of it and it was doing me no good.

Nice one! I really think the tryptamines tend to have an anti-addiction property. Not that you were addicted it sounds like, but these drugs just seem to put addictive and unhealthy substances and habits in the light and you can see them more clearly for what they are. And I think they do give a bit of an urge to not turn to them, and some extra willpower to resist during the long tail of the afterglow.

A 4-AcO-DMT trip helped me get over some slight overeating and over-drinking I was doing.

Nice one! I really think the tryptamines tend to have an anti-addiction property. Not that you were addicted it sounds like, but these drugs just seem to put addictive and unhealthy substances and habits in the light and you can see them more clearly for what they are. And I think they do give a bit of an urge to not turn to them, and some extra willpower to resist during the long tail of the afterglow.

A 4-AcO-DMT trip helped me get over some slight overeating and over-drinking I was doing.

Yeah I used a massive 12g dry cubensis trip (experienced users only) to quit nicotine. I took the dose in a dark room and led down and focussed on my addiction. I saw a glowing ball that was black in the centre, I felt like the ball was my addiction. I wanted to be free of it so kept thinking that. The ball exploded into loads of tiny pieces and I lost my sense of self. When I woke the next day I didn't want to smoke and haven't since, been 4 years now. I use a vaporizer for cannabis still but no combustion since that experience.

Now let me caveat that what I did above could be Dangerous and i had no idea what effect it would have. I choose the correct setting, at home in bed with no visitors planned.

I have a very addictive personality and felt myself slipping with regards to alcohol. I am lucky that tryptamines give me the insight to see when I am on a slippery slope. I use them every couple of months and take long breaks, and the fact they are not habit forming for me is great.

Awesome. Iboga/ine is probably the most famous (and powerful?) for scrubbing out addiction, but surely these other tryptamines share some of this power, and they may be safer as well.

I completely agree, and find it noteworthy that you mentioned 4-AcO-DMT: I've always sworn that 4-AcO-DMT is the most powerfully anti-addictive psychedelic I've personally taken (I have not used iboga), and is was even shown to have anti-addictive properties in an animal study.

So I just found some 80 mgs of this in my drug stash... how is it like in combinations? Ald-52 in particular?

don't have any atm... do you still fell it would be fine?

what dose would you suggest (nothing crazy, 125ug ald-52. spome 4-ho-ept, maybe some disso)

^ Oops, for some reason I thought this was the 4-AcO-DMT thread. Disregard the previous comment. I have actually tried 4-HO-EPT in combination with ALD-52, and found the synergy quite interesting. The 4-HO-EPT seemed to smooth out a bit of the manic edge of the ALD. I can't suggest a dose, since I only tried it once at a conservative dosage, but if I were to try it again, I think I'd go for something like 20 mg 4-HO-EPT on top of however much ALD-52 I felt like taking.

I tried a 60mg dose of 4-HO-EPT yesterday and it actually felt considerably stronger than when I took 50mg. I thought a higher dose might be more enjoyable, but the trip was uncomfortable during the peak. I thoroughly enjoyed the body high last time, but this time I felt uncomfortable. I felt overstimulated and experienced some nausea and weird stomach sensations. It was definitely more intense mentally too, but not in a way that made it better.

I started to think that maybe 4-HO-EPT isn't as great as my first impression led me to believe, but once the effects started to diminish, the trip became very much like what I experienced during my 50mg trip. 4-HO-EPT has a very content, meditative headspace. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some other psychedelics have, but it doesn't need them. The visuals aren't as impressive as many other psychedelics, but visuals aren't what tripping is all about. Mentally, it doesn't take you as far out as other drugs either, but it's undeniably psychedelic. It isn't introspective, at least not in a way that makes you think about aspects of yourself and your place in the world.

What it does do is put you in a living-in-the-moment state of mind. That's the thing about tripping that I always found to be the most important. Long ago, when I first started tripping, I started reading about various psychedelics on Erowid, and the one that I wanted to try the most was 4-AcO-DiPT. One report in particular, titled "Tripping for Grownups" made it sound appealing to me. It describes the trip as being very psychedelic, comparable to mushrooms or LSD, but without the fireworks, just pure psychedelic experience. I still haven't had the chance to try it (I wish I hadn't been scared to order research chemicals back then), but 4-HO-EPT seems similar to that.

Usually when I trip, I listen to a lot of typical psychedelic music like Pink Floyd. On 4-HO-EPT, I've found that the ideal music to listen to is stuff like Gabor Szabo, Cal Tjader, Rabih Abou Khalil. That kind of music matches with the headspace perfectly. Szabo's album Dreams in particular is one that I would recommend listening to.

4-HO-EPT is a fairly light psychedelic, but I think it's everything it needs to be. It's like mushrooms or LSD without the craziness of the first half of the trip, but with the clarity and serenity of the comedown. I think now that 40-50 mg is an ideal dose. At first I thought 50mg was a light dose, but I now realize that 4-HO-EPT is just gentle by nature.

It sounds like you pretty much went through what I did when I bumped up the dosage from 65 to 100 mg; I was really hoping that it was going to suddenly burst through into something amazing, but it really stayed quite subtle no matter how far I pushed it, and even when it was surprisingly intense in its own way at the same time. I was a little bummed at first, mostly because I was just used to wanting to push my psychedelics as far as they could possibly go at the time, but I have come around since then mostly as I've realized that, like you said, that's just 4-HO-EPT's nature, and it is still undoubtedly awesome for what it is. I no longer hold it as close to the top of my list of favorites as I initially thought I might for this reason, but it definitely will always still hold a special place in my heart, and serve a unique purpose in my life, nonetheless. Thanks again for the thoughts. :)

As for 4-AcO-DiPT, I have not tried that one myself, but I have tried 4-HO-DiPT, and can say that I have pretty much always felt that it was indeed quite similar to 4-HO-EPT in some key ways. The most significant difference between them for me, I would have to say, is that whereas 4-HO-EPT feels to have a more LSD-like headspace, 4-HO-DiPT has a more psilocin-like one. 4-HO-EPT puts me very much in the sort of headspace you describe, where I'm living in the moment and generally just deeply satisfied in an instinctive way which I would tend to describe as spiritually refreshing, whereas with 4-HO-DiPT I actually do tend to get very introspective and analytical and critical of my own life choices in a way that is very much reminiscent of some of my strongest mushroom trips, though a bit less hectic. The two are highly similar however in the sense that while these head trips are happening there is very little else going on in the way of psychedelic fanfare, little mania or hallucination or body load or anything of the sort, really just a very pure and focused psychedelic trip. If that is the kind of experience you are looking for, I definitely think you could end up very much appreciating 4-HO-DiPT or its acetate ester in much the same sort of way as 4-HO-EPT.

The fact that they are similar makes me think that 4-HO-EiPT is probably great too. I'm actually going to finally try 4-AcO-DiPT soon so I'll get to see for myself how similar it is to 4-HO-EPT.

Awesome. Iboga/ine is probably the most famous (and powerful?) for scrubbing out addiction, but surely these other tryptamines share some of this power, and they may be safer as well.

The pharmacology of tryptamines is extraordinarily different from ibogaine. Tryptamines may offer help with addiction, nicotine, etc...but they do not cure physical addiction to opiates (for instance). I spent a summer trying to beat suboxone with DMT and a bunch of synthetic tryptamines. I did not succeed.

On the other hand...

I completely agree, and find it noteworthy that you mentioned 4-AcO-DMT: I've always sworn that 4-AcO-DMT is the most powerfully anti-addictive psychedelic I've personally taken (I have not used iboga), and is was even shown to have anti-addictive properties in an animal study.

Oh wow...I'd love to see a link. I've seen a proposal paper to use 4-AcO-DMT in place of psilocybin due to laws and ease of synthesis...but I was unaware of animal studies involving it.

So you still go through the same withdrawal, you're just not as scared of it.

It makes sense. Fear of withdrawal is worse than the withdrawal itself sometimes.

It seems that different people metabolize 4-HO-EPT differently. I know someone who finds it no less potent than other 4-HO tryptamines and trips pretty hard from low doses. If you're trying it for the first time, don't take more than 20mg.

Been sitting on it for a while now and finally decided to try this for the first time this weekend. I weighed out 63 mg of the fumerate salt and took it orally around 10:45 am. By 11:20 am or so I noticed the first alerts. Body load was present but not particularly uncomfortable. Virtually no OEV's or CEV's. Psychedelia was definitely present but stayed somewhat superficial — as in not particularly immersive. There was a warmth to the psychedelic content which was notable, I felt this had real potential, but 63 mg wasn't strong enough for me to get transported. Prior to this experience I had previously tripped about 2.5 weeks prior so perhaps I had a bit of tolerance going into this. I'm still interested in trying this at a higher dosage. Perhaps at 100 mg this may shine a bit more though I expect the body load will increase along with the dosage. I really want to love this but I wasn't particularly impressed with this molecule; should try it a least once more before giving up on it.

I really like 4-HO-EPT but exclusively use it only with x-scalines or with alcohol, few times with DMT. I have no body load or any negatives from this molecule from dosages up to 50mg.

Very comforting body feel, IMO 4-HO-EPT is an excellent stuff to take on a lonely cold evening! ;)

Has anyone been exploring this stuff lately??? I got sum on the way, but the recent volcano eruption is holding things up...I am ssooooo looking forward to intertwining my spirit with this..At what dosage do the visuals really kick in for yall???