View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried 4-HO-MET a few months ago. This is my report.

The day started with a spliff if I'm not mistaken. And being a total novice in psychedelics, I made the mistake of popping it at a Roman/Greek/Hellenic museum (Berlin). Good thing was that I only took the 8 mg. I walked around for about 45 minutes. Then I popped a 15 mg pill since nothing had happened yet.

As I got back to my hotel, the effects started. First, an overall feeling of confort and satiety set in. Then colors became more vivid. I made the mistake of turning on the TV exactly as one xenophobic assassin went on a killing spree in Norway. I felt the urge to be creative. I wrote a letter expressing my feelings. Tears came gushing out and wouldn't stop. Once I cried my eyes out, I watched the painting in the room which started to resemble the Simpsons episode when Homer takes peyote. It was summer and the AC was on. It was about 15 degrees. I run to the bathroom, turn on the shower and lay down in the tub. I had stepped from a nordic climate to a tropical one. I am in awe at the level of control we humans have over our lives. Humanist optimism creeps in.

I put on headphones and achieve a musical orgasm. I liked this song so much, my brain kept lighting up and firing endorphins non-stop for what seemed like a long time. Afterwards, I just lie there listening to the music the water drops make when they hit the tub.

I look up and feel a halo of light shining down on me. I feel a higher power chose me as His/Her prophet to preach secularism. I think about the irony and how easily tricked our brains are. I take the time to bathe carefully, in a rebirth ritual kinda way.

The bath was interrupted by the front desk checking in on me. I felt paranoid for a minute as I thought that I had exhausted their hot water supply. You really lose track of time on this.

After getting back to the room, I get under the covers. 4 hours must have passed.

The next hour was not very pleasant (reminded me of the time I tried MDAI).

Potent stuff this! Will probably do it again. It must be awesome if one is surrounded by birds and trees, as opposed to some hotel room.

A+

In a drawer, in the dark. Baggie placed in a metallic box with some sillica gel next to it :)

Cool, thanks man, sounds like a fairly stable compound. & that articale someone posted about the degrading Tryptamines still being active was very interesting. Was that here, or the mipt/dipt thread, I dunno..? Anyway, it was interesting!

Damn i need to go over 25+ to get to a +++

Same here. And even with that dose, it isn't especially deep or mystic like many other 4-substituted tryptamines. 35 mg was real eyecandy and fun, but it lacked deepness and the spiritual side. I don't know how much I have to take to really go into hyperspace. 40+ mg at least. I had a very clear head with 35 mg although the visuals very intense. 18 mg AcO-DMT takes me far more to the mystic and trancelike state.

Anyone have hard time with the comedown of 4-HO-MET ? I'm so dissapointed again with the comedown :(

The whole trip is fine but the comedown is always horrible ! I'm very agitated, confused and my heartbeat is beating the fuck off my chest ! Like a psychotic episode :( It's sad cause the 4-Ho-MET is gentle but the comedown is a whole different thing to handle, and it can last easily 2 - 4 hours to regain consciousness again.

It's very strange cause 2C-x or DOx is more gentle on the comedown than the 4-HO-MET one :(

Any insights ?

The only comedown I got from it was not feeling like eating & I felt slightly worn out, but that's it.

I just get a little itchy, hot feeling in the body and dry skin som moisturiser helps with this. I actually get pretty hungry after my 4-ho-met trips but i come down very gently with 4-ho-met.

Its a remarkable chemical!

Anyone have hard time with the comedown of 4-HO-MET ? I'm so dissapointed again with the comedown :(

The whole trip is fine but the comedown is always horrible ! I'm very agitated, confused and my heartbeat is beating the fuck off my chest ! Like a psychotic episode :( It's sad cause the 4-Ho-MET is gentle but the comedown is a whole different thing to handle, and it can last easily 2 - 4 hours to regain consciousness again.

It's very strange cause 2C-x or DOx is more gentle on the comedown than the 4-HO-MET one :(

Any insights ?

What doses are you using? My hearbeat goes up considerably on 4-HO-MET (because I have to take so high doses the bodyload increases) and I get extremely thirsty. But I've found a great treatment for the pounding heart; beta blockers! 10-20 mg propranol does the trick. Beta blockers are fine with most tryptamines but remember do not use them with phenethylamines! But I've used propranolol several times with 4-HO-MET, it doesn't affect the trip at all, just keeps your hearbeat stable and stops the pounding.

I only get a slight increase in heartrate, like if im walking. Bodyload is next to zero if you take it rectal btw guys and insufflation seems to be the worst.

Just tried this tonight, besides being violently ill and feeling like I was dying it was the most enjoyable trip I've had in years

Last edited:
I have to admit that I'm not terribly impressed with this one after my first trial. I started with one 20mg capsule at a concert and felt a bit buzzy and altered within an hour. Waited another 15 minutes or so and when nothing deeper seemed to be manifesting I took another capsule of 10mg which I had held in reserve in case the 20mg was not enough.

Overall, there was no nausea, almost no body load at all. Visuals consisted of minor melting and blurring of objects, waviness on surfaces--no patterning or overlays. Closed eye visuals were minor. I was sociable, laughed a lot, felt happy and light-hearted but there was no introspection, no mindfuck, didn't feel very creative. Music didn't really sound much better than normal. I was a little shaky. After about 4 hours most of the effects were gone but it took me forever to be able to fall asleep--like 9 hours after ingestion.

Based on this one trial I much prefer other 4-substituted tryptamines to 4-ho-met, there's nothing really special or distinguished about this one. I found it pretty simple and not challenging in the least, would appeal to people looking for something recreational I think. Maybe subsequent trials at higher doses will change my mind but 30mg of this compound seems like it should be sufficient.

Try taking it alone, if you take it with friends or at concerts you won't go deep and notice the visuals, if you however sit at home and staring at the ceilling, you will begin seeing patterns everywhere, moving objects in your eyehooks I though someone was in my room numerous of times it was just my own shadow moving and "walking" around.

This is by far the most promising thing in the world. Analogues in this area are really gonna go far. I am a pretty experienced psychonaut and only had a small sample of the fumarate so decided to push the boundries and see where this would go.

Hoooooly shit.

I plugged roughly 40mgs and within 2 minutes had my head in a bucket throwing up some bad food I ate. My god. Any one that has vomited knows that it feels like you are going to die, every one who has vomited on a psych knows that they are going to die. I am prone to vomiting (thats why I plug) and shit. I have never had such a horrible vomit ridden come up. I dont think I'll ever get the smell out of my brain.

The peak was such an intense experience, with vomiting and hot and cold flushes to the extreme for around 15 minutes (it felt like hours, be warned). However, after that me and my girlfriend who had roughly 10mg less and a very close to ego-death experience broke in to fits of laughter over everything. And I mean everything.
I have been tripping for around 5 years now and have never had such a profoundly funny experience, it was also had powerful anxiolytic effects over me, something that never happens to me.

I have tried a lot of substances over the last few years and psychs usually make me very anxious and scared but this was not like that at all. I lay there next to my gf holding hands and melting into the bed. I could feel her hand as if it were mine and the bed also as if it were a limb. I constantly had to look at myself to remind me where I began and everything else started and even then, it was hard to tell. It's a nice feeling to become one with so many things.

Not only was the trip profoundly funny but it was profoundly insightful, I realised things I have never thought of before and it gave me a greater perspective on life itself and evolution. It also gave me this astounding feeling of awareness of everything around me but not just that, everything as a whole. Our conciousness, everything and nothing. Awareness is growing.

I tripped for around 3 hours, my tolerance to psychs is pretty high in general. I dont trip like I used too. I think there is more to add but it will take a while, also I apologise for how hard this is to read, I am not very good at writing this kinda stuff up.

Everyone should try this chem but BE PREPARED the come up and may not be very nice but even for an anxious person this is going to be an easy trip.

i too found that extreme laughter is always present with 4homet :D anxiety always present for the come up but alway gone afterthat :) reading your post returned my to 4homet land :D

You basta'ds found my special one! ahaha.

Been researching this compound for comin' close to two years... it's special.

Bit of advice, Intranasal can cause the substance to become a big black goopy irritating backdrop-snot nightmare! I've had some transcending experience
somewhat ruined by it.

If you're looking for the Psilocybin-esque experience, dont go much over the 25mg mark 4-ho-met changes its colours between the 25-50mg mark into a more dissociation high before becoming dmt style catalysts at 75-100mg.

Higher dosages cause physical incapacitation but oh so beautiful journeys into your minds eye.

in terms of therapeutic uses (might share some research i've done at some-point) i'd say there is potential (low dosage, around 16mg) for use in for life-motivation, mystical healing and as a catalyst to ending depressive cycles.

In higher dosages, say 75mg can 'cause ego-exploration (bordering on ego death) with self-analytical aspects that i think, with a bit more technique and direction can have very positive results on habit-breaking (leading into) and making the shit into the recovery stage's of addiction (circumstances etc depending).

any thoughts x

Are they oral doses? I noticed that in my mixing cup that some small part of the 4-HO-MET residue left over went black.

It definitely is special, I haven't had a chance to explore more than one dose though. I would like to find a way around the intense vomiting.

Are they oral doses? I noticed that in my mixing cup that some small part of the 4-HO-MET residue left over went black.

It definitely is special, I haven't had a chance to explore more than one dose though. I would like to find a way around the intense vomiting.

The higher were intranasal, though i'm sure sim effects could be found from an equivalent oral dosage. That black goop is not good for your sinus/back drop etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.