• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

'ey up Zomby, fancy seeing you here! Welcome to Bluelight and all that! =D Rainey was stating an obvious truth there I think. No, don't believe everything you read on any board, Bluelight included. Have to filter and cross-check for accuracy even here, but I see no reason to doubt the statements from a user on there re: further hospitalisations on this. There may be a doubt as to substance consumed depending where sourced or how knowledgeable / experienced they are but nothing to indicate at the moment this was anything other than 5-IT, albeit a stupidly high dose on the back of other substances, poss overdose territory.

Last edited:
Thank you Sepher

I was over here looking for information on 5-it harm reduction and noticed above post and felt i had to say something. I know im new here and need to earn respect which i hope i can eventually do. I still have some of this in pellet form and so have a few friends of mine and was just looking to keep things safe..
thank you all

zombywoof, please no vendor discussion in any shape or form, this also includes linking to or mentioning sites that review vendors and contain vendor links like the one you mentioned above.

I've removed your post.

Same goes for other posts on the subject, though where appropriate I've simply removed links.

----

An on topic question I've been meaning to ask for a while. To those with experience with 5-APB, 6-APB and 5-API, and who find 5-APB more sedating and less stimulating than 6-APB like me, how does 5-API compare among the three? Least stimulating? Between 5-APB and 6-APB? Or most stimulating?

If you haven't tried all three or you find 5-APB more stimulating than 6-APB then your answer probably isn't quite as helpful to me ;)

If you haven't tried all three or you find 5-APB more stimulating than 6-APB then your answer probably isn't quite as helpful to me

Jesus, I typed all of this up before re-reading your post to check I'd covered everything I wanted to before stumbling across ^this^ bit. Useful or not I'm not bloody deleting it after all that, it may be useful to someone else at some point. ;)

Note to self: Always read the whole post before starting to type! 8)

The 5-APB HCl ( only type I've tried, only one experiment ) is more straightforwardly stimmy than the 6, comes up quite quickly hitting quite hard in less than 30mins and peaking at 1hr approx, more jawing and stuff on a 5 / 6-APB combo with it. Is it more stimulating overall weight for weight? Not sure, I'm talking about the feel, it's difficult and subjective.

5-IT was completely underwhelmed with on its own. Again, only used it in combo mainly but bought it twice just to fully test. Wasn't giving enough to be worth the repeat.

So, being quite vague here: 5-APB HCl > 6-APB succinate >byacountrymile> 5-IT for stimulation.

Last edited:
hello people
Sorry i didnt know i had broke the rules mentioning the other forum it wont happen again. As i said earlier i just felt i had to defend them and was trying to keep it safe and as for above post i have to agree with what Sepher has just said about 5 apb ,6apb and 5it. I too find 5 it the most stimulating and would be my preferred choice if not for the possible dangers that seem to come with this chemical

^ You agree? He said he found 5-APB the most stimulating, followed by 6-APB, with 5-IT being the least stimulating. ;)

Regarding the dangers, haven't those come from people pushing really high doses? I'd expect similar problems with 6-APB at least since I've had quite high BP and heart rate on that when pushing the doses higher - not sure about 5-APB.

are people still buying/using this then since all them dodjy unclarified deaths?

I haven't been put off but it's a 12 hour empathogen so there's not many chances to use it outside of festivals.

Sorry i wasn't very clear there.I meant 5it most stimulating and then 5apb the recent batch next. I am not buying it i just still have a 120 mg pellet an 10 x 60mg pellets. I really like this chemical which is why i still have them.Would really like to find out where it all went wrong.

I haven't been put off but it's a 12 hour empathogen so there's not many chances to use it outside of festivals.

Have you actually taken it? It`s a stimulant which lasts about 6 hrs from come up. If I take it before going to the pub at about 9pm its pretty much over by about 6am so its a great party drug.

It definately doesnt last as long as 6 apb or amt.

Dosage for me is 125mg orally.

If you need to sleep before the end an Etizolam will have you asleep in 10mins.

Yes, I've taken it once but mixed it with 2C-B and MXE. I didn't feel like the plateau even began until 4 hours in so I'd be very surprised if I could sleep before t+12h

If you have tolerance it will affect the duration of the drug i think. My last experience with 5-IT: 80mg, lasted 12-14 hours with comeup, low tolerance (3 months off anything)
My other experiences have been with about 100mg and it didnt last that long. I quess its all about tolerance?

Or a gazillion other factors when you are working with a virtually unknown substance that has the potential to be both a SRA and a MAOI

It definately doesnt last as long as 6 apb or amt.

It's surely more long-acting than the Apb's (never heard anyone else say differently either)and depending on dose, pretty close to amt lenghtwise imo. Like it quite a bit myself.

Last edited:
My other experiences have been with about 100mg and it didnt last that long.
Oh it was still a 8-10 hours experience

Or a gazillion other factors when you are working with a virtually unknown substance that has the potential to be both a SRA and a MAOI
True - also done with this.

It's surely more long-acting than the Apb's (never heard anyone else say differently either)and depending on dose, pretty close to amt lenghtwise imo. Like it quite a bit myself.
I agree with that

I bought a lot not long after it had been out, still got some :p not sure if the batches are different and all, but the stuff i've had has been real nice every time i've had it. I think i was building a tolerance to it by the 5th time on it tho, though its been a while since i've had any now. Normal dose was around 100mg.

The scare with all the people in Sweden was either a bad batch, bad mixing or just having way too much at once, maybe all of that. Whatever it was, it sounded to me like it was just a bunch of people not treating the substances with respect. Personally with any substance i try i always test to see if it works for me first, then ill take an average dose, and not too often.

Basically, i strongly believe that its not the drugs that are "bad", its people using and abusing it badly. Simialar to how some people drink and get merry, but you get those that get batshit drunk and throw up everywhere, maybe even get hospitalised. Guns dont kill people, robbers do. Etc etc rant rant.

Back on topic, from my experience 5-it gives me a lot of energy and great euphoria for a long time. 6 APB was more relaxed, but still had a nice buzz to it, didn't feel trippy at all though like some people have said. That said, i have had liberty cap shrooms before and it didn't make me trip much at all, even though i know mates that took them and tripped balls, everyone reacts differently.

Hello, i'm a regular lurker here, BTW thanks to all those who find the time to contribute here, i unfortunately cannot find that time for now.

So why am i suddenly appearing here? Well just because i feel it my duty to warn others when i realize a substance i tried seriously has the capacity to easily harm someone.

I've tried numerous psychedelics, be it in plant or chemical form, RC-wise, from the top of my head: MXE, 5/6APB, MDAI, MDPV, APVP, 2/4FA, MPA, 3meo-PCP, 25i/cNBOME, 4aco-DMT/MIPT... , and 5it...
Of all the RC's i above, none has ever felt life threatening, even in double recommended doses with no tolerance. Not so with 5it...

I took it 4 times with a couple weeks between each use, doses always between 100-120mgs oral, always with 4/5 drinks alcohol. The first time had me very enthusiastic: the slow thus manageable come up, the long plateau and progressive comedown, the lack of unpleasant side effects... 2mg etizolam at the 10 hour mark always had me sleeping in 30mns. (As a side note, noticeable grumpyness on the 3d/4th day after use, everytime). Finally a suitable MDMA substitute!

The second and third experiences were similarly satisfying, and the etiz did its trick as usual.

But the 4th time, no more etiz under hand, so of course no sleep until the next night, which means i had to really go through the comedown phase, during which i realized that my heart started pumping pretty hard indeed, in a way that got me somewhat worried. No precise measurements here, but suffice to know that the matress was "jumping" in sync with my heartbeat for 5/6 hours, something i never experienced before on any stim.
Now this was with a single 100/120mgs dose, and my heart is in good shape, as i exercise regularly. So as i layed there, i sincerely congratulated myself on never redosing, and i strongly felt that if i had done so, cardiac failure would have been a very probable result. To this day, i have no doubt that a 200mgs dose could lead many people to the brink of death, and i am certain that 300 mgs would leave you with small chances of survival.

I now think the 5it related deaths are far from impossible, it takes only a bit of youthful impatience to want to redose prematurely (2hr comeup...), once or even twice... let's not even speak of combos...
I also think that most suppliers have taken this off their list for good reason, it's quite possible that some have recognized first hand the potential for disaster...

Please bear in mind, i'm no RC basher, and was myself very enthusiastic about this one, but for sure i won't be touching it ever again, even with benzos under hand. Even though these did work wonders, i think a substance should feel "safe" on it's own, and this one sure didn't...
Thanks for reading, be safe:)

Been using this every fri and sat for almost a year and have had no problems whatsoever

None

Neither have 5 or 6 of my friends all using every weekend too!

There are still quite a few vendors selling it.

That doesnt mean its safe but I still have many doubts over the `claimed` deaths.

Is there still nothing about the reason of the deaths? Overheating, heart attack, stroke or something else? What went wrong? I mean how comes some people have a good time on it without any problems and others ..... ?

I havent read all related posts but since I kind of initiated the information on the 14 deats in sweden I might reply.

One thing speaks for 5-IT not being a more deadly drug than others active at 50-100mg, and that is that Sweden (who do what they can to spread shariainfluenced drugrepression politics) have not made it a classified substance yet. They still seize it at the customs, but that is due to a new regulation that simply bases upon a "letter" to the bordermen to seize a "might become classified" substance. Strange.

Another thing that has surfaced, or is at least yet to be claimed as of what I recall, is that the deaths were due to anithing else than overdoses causing all victims to get overheated, unstable, even unconcious, and then having livers/kidneys failing due to overheating. What I have learned they simply got serototonine syndrome from not being careful about a somewhat slow onsetting and new substance. There might also be other drugs affecting serotonin involved since the laboratories dont monitor them all yet. Typically, if you buy 5-IT in Sweden you were in a time window of a month. That makes me think that users had the contacts/knew the RC market well enough to have access to other legal rcs at the moment.

Cultural the black and white scale that rules out all use of drugs other than alcohol, nicotine and tons of candy as dealdy has created a society where people either buys this concept and judges in accordance to it, or finds out that it is a great simplification and that this consensus is a lie. Backside is that this insight also tend to make people relying on what the government has ruled out as narcotics as dangerous, and if not, totally harmless.

Therefore this is a typical Swedish tragedy, people have not been encouraged to think for them selves and that translates to disrespect towards the most potentially dangerous substances of all; the RC drugs.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know there is no evidence for 5-IT being toxic for organs or mind. Besides the usual effects that come from forcing youre brain in to euphoria and a follwing compensation towards the other end.

I personally have tested my kidneys with good results after using appr. 100g 5-IT 3-4 days a week last summer after the reports. I have nothing bad to say about 5-IT and I have to much references/experiences to even mention without feeling ashamed.