• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DiPT Thread

iirc it was shorter but not by much
And of note when I say shakey, I mean physically...though oddly enough, despite this, I still found it less stimulating, physically, than 5 meo mipt ..

But n=1 so ... more trials needed before I can draw any conclusions, for myself anyways

In my experience, 5-MeO-DiPT is almost as good as 5-MeO-MiPT. However, there are some differences worth noting. The former lasts longer (not shorter!), is a little less hard on the body at doses in the medium or high range (although a fair number of people experience nausea and/or vomiting), possesses a somewhat less mentally psychedelic space, is less adept at aesthetic enhancement (e.g. 5-MeO-DiPT tends to distort sound, rather than enhance it, in a way similar to base DiPT, albeit much less dramatically), and is less empathogenic, yet more viscerally erotic.

So, I just thought I'd share...

After having a strange experience with 5-meo-mipt many years ago, I had assumed I wouldn't like foxy. So I've had a stash of it for 8 yearsish and finally I decided to give it a whirl.

I loved it. There were some occasional stomach discomforts but it wasnt like some of the hellacious reports I've read on erowid. And to be honest, while I was in my bed they were barely perceptible. Aside from that, it was everything sasha and Ann had described. Very tactile, possibly more than 2c-b. While it wasnt overtly sexual for me (I took it alone) I know exactly how it would be if I had a cutie next to me. Dreaming was extremely vivid during sleep, so much so it was a bit shocking upon waking, as I was convinced my dream was reality. Next day I felt fine, if not better. I look forward to trying again at a slightly higher dose (I took 15 mg) or a different roa than oral.

Kind of happy in waited 8 years to give it a real try

Hmm, it is weird that this thread is so empty.
Its been banned in the USA since 2002. Interest in it seems to have fallen off since then. 20+ years ago I thought back then it might rival MDMA for next big club drug, it had cool street name and everything. This in a pressie of unknown strength sold as XTC could be dangerous when kids take 3 though.
I bought some a few months ago still haven't tried it. Audio distortion is something I have never experienced, TBH it sounds a little scary. I will probably give this a taste in the next few months. I have a lot of tryptamines to sample

My impression's of 5 -meo-DIPT where less then consistent. And nothing like 5-ho-MIPT. Which is very soft and nice overal.

The come up is terrible, vasoconstrictie (sucked up testicles). But once you get there its quite LSD like as I remember it (LSD). The new analogues seem way softer as the parent (ALD-52/ 1p-LSD).

Snortin however bypasses the painfull gastric problems and vasoconstrictie to a point.

All in all not worthless, but there are way better out there.

Finally after years I've come across this one, and looking forward to it. I am a big fan of 5-meo-mipt-curious if anyone finds Foxy as good as Moxy?

Theta:

I prefer 5-MeO-DiPT to 5-MeO-MiPT when they are taken orally myself, though our alters are not all in agreement on this, and we've only taken 5-MeO-DiPT once so far. I'm particularly sensitive to the psychedelic effects of 5-methoxytryptamines though and thus find it easy to find things about them to like or to latch on to for comparing and contrasting. We recently had an experience smoking 5-MeO-MiPT that I very much enjoyed but we haven't smoked 5-MeO-DiPT for me to be able to compare them in that way.

5-MeO-DiPT reminds me more of LSD than 5-MeO-MiPT does, which is relatively more alike mushrooms by comparison, though I would say they're both more alike LSD than mushrooms, and more alike mushrooms than LSD. Both 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT are notably more similar to one another in some obvious ways than the step in between them, 5-MeO-EiPT, is to either for me, so I think there's some chance that someone who likes one may still enjoy the other that has more to do than just with them being 5-methoxytryptamines, but I wouldn't say it's a given.

For me, 5-MeO-DiPT has come out on top so far because even though we've only used it once, orally at 10 mg, the trip rapidly came crashing in with an immense yet rather calmly dissociating euphoria that definitely surpasses the other 5-methoxytryptamines, exploded into rich and colorful geometric imagery filled with cartoony visions similar to LSD, and produced a very analytical and energetic headspace that I felt was insightful without being too forceful, and the body load was very low until the much later hours of the day when we started experiencing things like head and neck tension. We felt high for something like at least fourteen hours, though by the end mostly in terms of the mental stimulation still going. The sexual effects didn't make themselves known without provocation but were apparent when searching for them and definitely stronger than 5-MeO-MiPT's, though I also found them kind of animalistic and even desperate compared to the more standard euphoric psychedelic sexual edge I find in 5-MeO-MiPT, and I may have to say I do prefer that specifically about 5-MeO-MiPT so far, but it probably wouldn't be my first non-5-MeO-DiPT psychedelic choice for sex nonetheless.

I've enjoyed 5-MeO-MiPT the times we've used it, but it so far seems to me like it has more classical psychedelic flash but less cerebral drive, and I haven't really been able to take the former far enough with it to make it as memorable for me in that way as 5-MeO-DiPT has been in its own way so far. Most of the time we take it the other alters are out more than I am seemingly because they get more out of it than I do, but I enjoy it through them, and them getting something out of it is also me getting something out of it (since we're the same human being). It so far seems to me like they've gotten a good amount of introspection leading to releases of tension out of it, which some of them are now agreeing with internally. I wouldn't be opposed to getting that sort of use out of it myself, but just have gotten that more from other substances so far, but I'm not pushy about it. When we take 5-MeO-MiPT orally we feel it for at least like nine or ten hours I want to say, though similarly to 5-MeO-DiPT it's quite subtle by the later hours. The body load isn't terrible but we've had worse on 5-MeO-MiPT at times than on our one 5-MeO-DiPT experience so far.

There's a fairly even split in the number of alters in here who prefer 5-MeO-DiPT to 5-MeO-MiPT and vice-versa for what it's worth, so in the end I'm guessing it's more so just one of those things you'll just have to try to see which way you swing.

Last edited:
yeah you really just need to try them both to decide. 5-MeO-DiPT can have a really cool effect on sound, reminiscent (but just the barest hint of) DiPT itself, which 5-MeO-MiPT lacks. Both are worthwhile drugs.

Theta:

Does anyone here have any experience smoking/vaporizing 5-MeO-DiPT? I did a thread search for some key words and the only thing that came up was my previous post.... I'm mostly just interested if anyone has some anecdotes or insights to share. We've smoked both 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-EiPT to notable effect recently and have enjoyed 5-MeO-DiPT orally so far so it's likely coming soon, though starting low for sure.

I thought 5-MEO-DiPT sucked.

I had several hundred grams of it many years ago and did it a few times. It wasn't a particularly interesting trip, but the worst thing about it, which the friend I took it with also experienced, was that it caused a disturbing visual disturbance. I'm not talking about visuals (those were pretty mild in my experience) or blurry vision or anything like that. Rather, it caused small dark streaks to appear in my visual field. It's hard to describe but quite similar to floaters (floaters are a common and harmless phenomenon whereby you see what looks almost like bacteria under a microscope). Your brain eventually learns to ignore them. What they actually are is little pieces of your eyeball that have fallen loose. They eventually resettle into your eyeball.

In any event, I suspect this phenomenon I saw with 5-MEO-DiPT was bleeding from ruptured blood vessels, though there was no visible rupture so it was probably very small. My friend described it looking like mud on a car windshield.

That alone was reason to not like it, but the trip itself just isn't very good.

Last edited:
I like 5-MeO-DiPT alright, it was my first RC actually, back before I knew anything about them, I just knew it as "foxy". I had some really fun times with it, but it's just hedonistic and can have a pretty high bodyload (though when properly channeled, that energy is quite pleasurable... if not properly channeled, it can manifest as anxiety and discomfort). It is slightly visual, and has an effect on sound about 1/100th of as strong as DiPT itself does, that is, it slightly drops pitch, so slightly that the net result is that sounds just sound more powerful and intense... listening to music on my early trips with it was awe-inspiring. My friends and I in those early trips would have a great time, non-stop laughter, discussions, but nothing profound or deep. It is infamous for being a sex enhancer (hence its classic nickname "foxy"), but I have never gotten to experiment with it for sex.

It has similarities to 5-MeO-MiPT, but the -MiPT is just better all around for me. 5-MeO-MiPT (moxy) is deeper, more centered, more useful, and lighter and more truly psychedelic. Moxy is quality material for actual psychedelic work, as well as recreation, whereas foxy (5-MeO-DiPT) is purely recreational

I've only tried 5-MeO-MiPT, but I plan on trying Foxy one day to see how they compare. Seems like ~60-70% of people prefer Moxy, but there's enough people who prefer Foxy to make me consider trying it.

It's definitely worth trying, for sure.

Audio distortion is something I have never experienced, TBH it sounds a little scary.

I know this is an old quote, but there is nothing scary about 5-MeO-DiPT's audio distortion, it just makes things sound a bit deeper. DiPT on the other hand has profound effects on sound that are just out of this world and need to be experienced to be believed. It can be quite intense, I could see it being scary but I just thought it was fascinating. There seems to be some inner ear movement, you can feel it, very interesting. The scariest part was that the sound distortion lasts quite a bit longer than the mental effects and I started to wonder if it was going to go away, but it did. I could imagine that if you took it and then were around a bunch of people you weren't comfortable with, it could be very intense, because people sound like frog robots and literally everything sounds way different.

I know this is an old quote, but there is nothing scary about 5-MeO-DiPT's audio distortion, it just makes things sound a bit deeper. DiPT on the other hand has profound effects on sound that are just out of this world and need to be experienced to be believed. It can be quite intense, I could see it being scary but I just thought it was fascinating. There seems to be some inner ear movement, you can feel it, very interesting. The scariest part was that the sound distortion lasts quite a bit longer than the mental effects and I started to wonder if it was going to go away, but it did. I could imagine that if you took it and then were around a bunch of people you weren't comfortable with, it could be very intense, because people sound like frog robots and literally everything sounds way different.
I loved DiPT, and I'm hoping to try it again soon. It's a very fascinating compound, even compared to most other tryptamines. The sound distortion is incredible and I'm very interested to see if it has any applications in music composure and production. Do you happen to have any experience with playing music on it, or just listening to music?

I had my DiPT trip years ago ruined by three things: 1. Mixing it with some sketchy LSD (I think it was just low purity with a heavy bodyload caused by a precursor, far too weak to be an NBOMe), 2. sleep deprivation, & 3. My father coming in to scream at me half an hour after I took it, and me laughing hysterically because he sounded like a demonic robot which just made him more pissed off. Tried Aspirin and Seroquel for the body load + stress caused by all of the screaming, but ended up having to take a Klonopin because the body load was causing circulation issues that were very concerning to the people around me.

Well I have tried it once, and at 50mg the audio distortion was well past downward pitch shift, I don't even know how to explain what happened. It made music sound like just noise to me. I stopped listening to music because it was just kinda harsh and metallic and dischordant. Listening to the world/nature/background noises was where it was at. So personally, though I haven't tried, I wouldn't think it would be good for music production. However at the time I tried it, I hadn't been playing music for years so I never tried playing or anything. I actually have a handful of doses and haven't tried it again yet for whatever reason (not wanting my hearing to be wildly altered for ~24 hours I suppose). At some point I will try again and I'll definitely give playing music a shot.

just got some 5-meo-dipt, would yall recommend vaping or eating it for first experience? having trouble deciding on a dose as well, currently leaning towards 8-10mg oral and maybe 5mg at first vaped. any advisal would be great. thanks

Definitely eating it for a first time. And 8-10mg is a good place to start, yes. If it's like 5-MeO-MiPT, then weirdly, it is less potent vaped. But also more stimulating.