Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ
  • PD Moderators: arrall | Cream Gravy? | Xorkoth

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DiPT Thread

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Yeah, eating it is the way to go for your first time. It's just harder to fuck up and you want to get a good feel for the material. However, in my experience and personal opinion from using 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-EiPT, and 5-MeO-DiPT, vaping/smoking is ultimately the way to go with 5-methoxytryptamines. The experience is better in almost every way pretty much except for being shorter, but it still lasts multiple hours. 5 mg is a good starting dose for that too I think.

If it's like 5-MeO-MiPT, then weirdly, it is less potent vaped.

This is the lore but I increasingly doubt it the more I experiment. If you look at, say, the TiHKAL page on DPT, it seems like Alexander Shulgin and/or his friends may have had a really poor smoking technique, because 100 mg of DPT smoked is described as "The entire experience lasted only 20 minutes. I found the visual experience to be everything. It was a lot more benign than mushrooms with pretty much no toxic things, more like mescaline." Sounds nice and all, but I tripped harder than that from smoking 30 mg personally. And the claim that 5-MeO-MiPT is weaker smoked originally comes from TiHKAL, so....

So far the potency of each route actually seems pretty similar to me with the smoking/vaping being more intense and memorable, although again a little bit shorter-lasting, but not too much. Possibly the main thing taking them orally does better for me is produce more open eye visuals, but inhaling them does still produce visuals and they're more interesting than the visuals I get from eating them, at least to me.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Well it was my direct experience, repeatedly, that it was like half as potent vaped. Maybe I vaped poorly, I know I didn't have the freebase. But I rather disliked the effects compared to oral, and it took double to dose to get to a somewhat similar level of strength, but the nature 0f the effects was decidedly inferior. My buddy was vaping the same batch as me, at the same time, and he said it was amazing though, and said he likes it WAY more vaped than orally. He also noted that it took a higher dose to get to a comparable level of strength, compared to orally. It doesn't really make sense though why that would be.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
I can't deny the possibility that everyone just reacts differently in this way, but to me that does sound odd and like it's possible that you just burnt through it rather than vaporizing it properly or something. I think it's likely very easy to burn through and waste these things with just a single slightly wrong hit since there's so little powder required.

I've never freebased any tryptamines that I've smoked so I don't think that's the problem. I pretty much always layer them in between two layers of cannabis (in the middle of a normal-sized bowl) and slowly lower the flame down over the top of the cannabis, including with these 5-methoxytryptamines. It usually seems to work pretty well, unless I accidentally torch the cannabis. I have no idea how well this would work with anything other than cannabis honestly, I actually think cannabis seems like a great medium for smoking tryptamines in without heating them up too quickly. I would actually be afraid of wasting it if I had to do it in a different way.

To me the effects of them smoked are clearly superior to taking them orally, except again that orally lasts longer and produces more open eye visuals of the simple variety, which are not the deciding factors for me. Orally also produces significantly more body load than smoking them for me which is one of compelling reasons that I prefer smoking instead, but not the only one. I just think they're fancier when smoked, they feel like they have similar kind of benefits to what you get from smoking DMT compared to taking other psychedelics orally except that they also come on slower, although beginning nearly instantly, and last longer and still feel more like they work a lot more like taking other psychedelics orally overall than smoking DMT does. They feel less flashy but deeper, in a way that's made it really hard for me to want to go back to experiencing them without that added depth.

I still haven't smoked 5-MeO-DMT yet but I'm making plans to soon. Hopefully that will add some meaningful insight to this situation.

Cosmic Charlie

Bluelight Crew
When I smoke Tryptamines or Psychedelics in general I like to use an oil burner or as its commonly known a Meth Pipe. With a torch lighter and holding the flame significantly away and just bringing it close enough to watch the compound start to vaporize it works so well. You hardly waste any with this technique, as compared to doing something like vaping with a piece of aluminum foil and inhaling it with a pen. I'd say that using this way is the best way to conserve your precious psychedelics if that is the ROA your interested in using

phenethylo J

Bluelight Crew
Used to like using oil burners for nn-dmt, 4-aco-det, and 5-meo-dmt. Never had a proper full 5meo-dmt trip but did have some interesting experiences mixing small bit of 5meo-dmt and nn-dmt together.

Vaped 2c-p out of one of my dabbers before; actually works decently; gives you a nice rush like nn-dmt but without the depth. Was vaping little bits while watching the Hamilton episode about meth.

bonsumed

Greenlighter
Definitely eating it for a first time. And 8-10mg is a good place to start, yes. If it's like 5-MeO-MiPT, then weirdly, it is less potent vaped. But also more stimulating.
ended up vaping about 9mg in two hits about 10 mins apart from a dab rig. Seemed to work really well, I have the freebase and never noticed any burnt taste. Re: @Cosmic Charlie have you tried a rig before? Ive used an oil burner before for dck and do like it, is there more of a rush would you say with that method? got kinda nervous about doing a 6 hour trip cuz it was already kinda late and I had went to work.

Had a superrr nice body high, really nice tingling feet sensation. No nausea at any time, was warned to empty y self prior for the gi stuff, seemed to work. Visuals were very sight once weed smoked, definitely had a lot of energy,ended up dancing and walkin around my porch for an hour or so.

Only uncomfortable part was a little vasoconstriction in my left arm, but I’m hoping that on an oral dose it might not be so noticeable due to being more engulfed in the trip (hopefully at least haha)

Should I be fine to try an oral dose tonight at around 10mg or do you think tolerance would really neuter it? Don’t wanna waste any of this precious stuff. If not I may just go for a 2c-x trip tonight, kind leaning towards -c right now.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Tolerance is definitely a thing with 5-methoxytryptamines in my experience. I wouldn't risk it personally if you have a limited supply. It would probably still do something, though.

Pfafffed

Bluelighter
If my experience with 5-MeO-MiPT is any indication, you'll likely have tolerance. I take about a week between 4-HO-MiPT doses, but at least two with 5-MeO-MiPT. It produces noticeably longer lasting tolerance than the majority of psychedelics that I've used. I can still trip, but I need more and the experience is much less satisfying.

bonsumed

Greenlighter
Tolerance is definitely a thing with 5-methoxytryptamines in my experience. I wouldn't risk it personally if you have a limited supply. It would probably still do something, though.
gotcha, i do have an ample amount to experiment with but since it seems to follow the standard psych rules of less fulfilling with tolerance ill go ahead and wait. sometimes its kinda a bummer having to wait so long when theres so many things to try, but i guess its all about learning patience and all that, eh? thanks for the responses yall

Neuroborean

Bluelighter
Let's see..
I have some questions about 5-meo-dipt
First time I used the Mipt version (Moxy) I had very strange but not concerning side effects, it felt like jolts of electricity untying in my body, in some specific parts, it was pretty intense as sensations, didn't get very concerned because I was having an amazing body high at the same time..
Does something like that happent with the Dipt version? I also have bad bloating at the end of the Mipt trip, when the comedown begins I get bloated, pregnant like xD
Other than that I only had strange "gritty brain" and "gritty organs" feelings at unpredictable parts of the trip, but usually when reaching the second part of the experience.
As it's usual to read that the Dipt version has worse and more unpredictable side effects I would like to know what those effects are. Same as the Mipt?

I had amazing trips on the Mipt, sometimes up to +20mg which could get very visual (but also had stupid OCD-like behaviours on those doses, for a while). Very strong tracers and ninja scrolls (as I've seen depicted somewhere else) were the most noticeable OEVs.
I'm specially interested in the sexual enhancing properties of Foxy. Are those sexual feelings more natural-neutral-sensual (like on mescaline) or are they "perverted" like a-php or moxy?

Pfafffed

Bluelighter
it felt like jolts of electricity untying in my body, in some specific parts, it was pretty intense as sensations, didn't get very concerned because I was having an amazing body high at the same time..
Does something like that happent with the Dipt version? I also have bad bloating at the end of the Mipt trip, when the comedown begins I get bloated, pregnant like xD
Other than that I only had strange "gritty brain" and "gritty organs" feelings at unpredictable parts of the trip, but usually when reaching the second part of the experience.
Someone else with direct experience may be able to answer your question, but I feel like I can hazard a guess. Your description sounds like mine with 5-MeO-MiPT, and I get the same elements from 4-HO-MiPT, 4-AcO-MiPT, MiPT, DiPT, and 4-HO-DiPT. I kind of suspect that gas and grittiness are common qualities with isopropyl substitutions.