5-MeO-DMT = 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine

bluelightrule_white.png

Previous B&Ds:

External Links:

Subthreads:

Relevant Pages:

Last edited by a moderator:
<3 ::experiencing the void::

For some 5-meo-DMT is cosmic terror, for me it's orgasmic bliss. very nice on MXE and 2c-P, also combines nice with 25D-NBOME.

Does anyone know if it would be fun or unwise to combine 5-meo-DMT with Syrian Rue?

What does Syrian Rue do for u? I remember it being suggested to intensify mushrooms. However, isnt 5meoDMT enough on its own? i mean, it truly is a force to be reckoned with, especially the first time. It is orgasmic bliss. It was my absolute favorite psychedelic by far until i became an opiate addict and didnt want to disrespect the cousin of the spirit molecule.

Syrian Rue is an MAOI. I want to make a pharmahuasca with 5-meo-DMT instead of DMT. Not sure if that's a wise idea or a potential trip disaster.

I used to be a big advocate of this one, and used to find it my holy grail, while DMT was simple fun with no redeeming properties as a entheogen (when smoked) but now I find DMT to be my go-to (fumurate salt IMed at 50-100mg). I did try this one again over the summer after an 8 year recess and was unable to get a ++++. Times change, outlook changes, brain grows up, taste change, etc.

i saw a video where Alexander Shulgin said something along the lines of " endogenous levels of DMT and 5-MEO-DMT in everyday life " it made me think about bass music !

i haven't tried 5-MEO-DMT i seem to have opted for DPT as the first big one for me...... but i dont know when i'll muster the balls to take it

I was also wondering about the MAOI + 5-MeO-DMT combination. I was thinking of B. Caapi 30 minutes before taking a dose of 5-MeO-DMT orally. The tricky think to get right would be the dosage. I suspect it would be a case of titration. There's not much out there regarding personal experiences.

huolesoh said:
i seem to have opted for DPT as the first big one for me...... but i dont know when i'll muster the balls to take it

Do try it, it's worth it :D

^ thank you for the advice ! i already have a strange preconception of what it will be like - me sitting on a spiral staircase and the staircase spirals downwards whilst i stay still on it, so the staircase is revolving downwards like a corkscrew but i stay still without going with it, just a kind of floating

5-MeO-DMT Hcl vs. Freebase

I have the opportunity to obtain 5-MeO-DMT from a reliable online vendor. When I inquired about the prices of their product, they replied with a price listing for 5-MeO-DMT Hcl or 5-MeO-DMT Freebase. I am more interested in the effects of vaporizing the chemical in a similar fashion to N,N-DMT than I am in insufflating the drug or taking it with an MAOI. This being said, I was hoping to find out any pertinent differences between the two different types.

You need freebase for vaporization. Salts have higher boiling points so do not vaporize as easily.

Freebase compounds are caustic on mucous membranes, which is why salts are used for sublingual or insufflation. For oral use, a freebase can be encapsulated or dissolved in an acidic drink. A salt will usually dissolve easily in plain water.

yesterday i tried smoking 5meodmt for the first time(i have only snorted it until now). I used the hcl form and i think it worked just fine. First i tried ~10mg in some am2201 home made blend. smoked like this it came on gradually almost like smoking. Then i vaped ~5mg 5meodmt + ~15mg dpt in a lightbulb and that was quite intense it came on almost immediately with super intense body load and nausea that ruined a otherwise great state of mind. Smoking/vaping psychedelics just isn't for me my body feels too shocked too fast, snorting (atleast for me) is the perfect roa maybe a little more material is needed but the effects are just as intense but come on a bit slower(without needing to wait 30mins) last longer and shits like bodyload and nausea are much more managable

snorting 5-meo-dmt freebase works nicely. Just snort extremely small bumps over the course of 10 minutes and the burn really isn't that bad at all, although it is there.

How much of the freebase would one snort? Is it less potent than smoking it? Dosages?

Has anyone tried sublingual with the freebase? How does that work? Dosages?

For a person who will be trying this without a sitter, is there a potential for the body to get up and wander around like we've seen in the Salvia YouTube videos? Is an improvised seat belt a good idea?

I never had a full on breakthrough with this one but I really didn't like the feeling or taste. I much prefer DMT.

It's slower, but I wouldn't call it that much softer. Vaporized, you're "in" before you know it, while with insufflation that process is slower, which makes that you can experience the shift in consciousness more consciously. Which, in turn, can be unnerving.

5-MeO-DMT is the most brutal and intense psychedelic I've ever tried and I doubt there's a more powerful compound (for me, subjectively of course) out there. I had smoked 5-MeO-DMT 50+ times and insufflated it some 20-30 times before smoking N,N-DMT. DMT actually felt benign in comparison. The brutal onslaught of 5-MeO-DMT is just so more powerful, the bodyload is more intense, the word "extreme" doesn't even give an adequate description of 5-MeO-DMT. I have a love-hate relationship with it. Sub-breakthrough experiences can be absolutely terrifying, I just get incapacitated, my heart is racing and I feel like I'm going to die. With breakthrough experiences it's very different because "I" is smashed into pieces in 15 seconds and I only feel absolute bliss, freedom, a strong feeling of profoundness. No other compound completely obliterates my ego, there's always a remnant of my ego left with other compounds. The afterglow is one of the best of all psychedelics, very euphoric, and lasts considerably longer than the afterglow of DMT. 5-MeO-DMT is more physical, the first time I smoked DMT I was surprised how benign it felt, yes it hit me hard and fast but not mercilessly.

I do like DMT more than 5-MeO-DMT, considerably more, but 5-MeO-DMT still has a special place in my heart. However nowadays I smoke it very rarely, and really have to consider if I want to take it. Big doses are my way of taking it, as I want to be sure there's a breakthrough.