• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MALT Thread

I wonder if Shulgin purposely divulged 5-MeO-DALT with his own endorsement to send the RC community on a wild goose chase and is doing it again with 5-MeO-MALT. 5-MeO-DALT by virtually all accounts was a dud yet Shulgin had called it a gem. I hope 5-MeO-MALT doesn't turn out the same way. :p

I added 2g syrian rue to 40mg 5-MeO-DALT once

kicked my ass, in a good way, brought out the visuals. I liked it as it was too, different.

ive heard many say it was just too underwhelming and not worth it??? but i may give it a try

I wanted to get my feet wet, thinking the insufflated dose was somewhere around 20mg from what some reports have stated. Insufflated 10mg, and it is extremely active. Unlike some psychedelics, it does not provide any easing mental support or warm blanket feel to perpetuate you into the environmental changes and skewing of the psyche. Now that I'm there, I do not feel anxious or anything, so don't take that the wrong way. I got some 5-MeO-MaLT on a whim, thinking it might not have gotten adequate attention. I was right. Sorry for no detailed report, but I just wanted to say that this is indeed very active in small insufflated doses, and shouldn't be written off. If you want to insufflate 20mg, without lots of cross tolerance or having any experience with this substance, be prepared to get lost.

I think this is will really shine as a combo though, with something that provides that blanket so your comfortable with where the MaLT is taking you. I have some 5-MAPB and will try that out. (Tonight maybe?)

So it's substantially more potent than 5-MeO-DALT then?

Haven't posted in a long time. I have some 5-MeO-MALT on the way from a very reputable vendor. Trying to get up to speed on what I'm dealing with and doesn't seem to be much info available. I'm not a very wordy long winded person but I'll post general thoughts, effects and comparisons to other substances to help put some recent info out about this substance within a week.

I have a general idea of what to expect.

You know I am very glad this is starting to get some attention after suggesting its creation along with 5-meo-nipt to my overseas suppliers a while ago it seemed no one wanted anything to do with either of them and to my surprise they both turned out to be absolutely astonishing. 5-meo-malt is so euphoric it can for me substitute for MDX as far as its tactile and aphrodisiac qualities. And actually leave it and 2c-b in the dust. Also 5-meo-nipt has still to this day been the only compound to make me have a complete ++++ with clear as day hallucinations that were not actually present in the room. Or were they?... Anyways stop talking about these chemicals from a skewed pharmacological stand point cuz in this line of work your only expectations should be to be surprised at every turn. Dyou know how many people told me 5-meo-nipt would be an inactive useless metabolite ? Too many and to them I say bah humbug where is your proof and have you eaten it yourself? No. Well then that is why you are over there and I am over here high trippy and happy as hell using the same gram of each compound that I have from 2 years ago!

Loaded approximately 25±10mg in vaporizer chamber with a small amount of weed and mullein as filler... by the 4th hit, the reality was evaporating very much like with 5-MeO-DMT. Managed to inhale one more hit and that brought on a ++++ that lasted for somewhere around 15 minutes (as with 5-MeO-DMT), with the comedown lasting about an hour. I'd call 5-MeO-MALT a lighter version of 5-MeO-DMT, but more visual and significantly less "disintegrative". It's not very similar to 5-MeO-MIPT. Will try nasal ROA next time, and then oral if enough material remains.

Would recommend if 5-MeO-DMT is not available.

5 meo malt success
Hey guys ! So ive had some 5 meo malt for a few months but circumstances havent permitted adequate testing time. So i gave 500mg to 2 friends A and B. A is more of a irresponsable person in nature doesnt know much about drugs. B is my best friend very experienced in ALL psychs.i told both to take 8-15mg orally than move up if needed. Well several trials snorted and oral in large doeses 20-70mg were prettyy dull and didnt do much. They told me it was a dud....fuck ! Well B was bored and smoked 10mg and he said it was akin to 5 meo dmt or dmt but of course its is own beast. . From what i witnessed 10-20mg is the doses he wa smoking. Although i own and use a scale we were just putting knife tips on foil bc its not super potent. Well the effects over 4 trials i witnessed lasted 30-60min . The first 5 min after you exhale. The world just melts aroud you and are experience ego death. My fiend loves it. He was saying its so close to dmt he couldn't really describe the differences and we have tried very tryptamine rc available for the past 10 years so he know whats up. ANYWAY ive been looking for info on malt forever and there isnt much. So i figured id share... so IME its pretty much a dud snorted and orally and is great smoked ! Any other experiences !

Also i have 5 meo malt oaxalate or something like that not sure on spelling. Which may be reason for low oral and snorted activity dont know much about oaxalates (sp?) Its from a major.chinese.vendor i assume most have this..

Also also lol my friend B gave some to 2 other people both very experienced and both liked it. He said one guy couldn't stop thanking him as he left.....
I just notced the big dandy is bumpes up feel free to merge....

How would you rate it if 5-MeO-DMT is available?

No reason to use to it more than just a few times (say 100mg) for experience sake. It's a rare/unknown RC attached to oxalic acid (oxalate)... 5-MeO-DMT is tried and tested and a much stronger entheogen.

Hey ! My friends that tried it anyway but oral says its weak and unexciting. Now smoked is a diff. Story...my friends really likes moxy and tried this and loves it now. He says its like dmts lil bro more so than 5 meo dmt. It just doesnt take u too "that" dmt place. He loves the visuals and said it gives ego loss also. Not fully tho. Ill b testing this weekend. We are planning mdma + 2cb or 2ct2 and then smoking a moxy malt combo on peak. O yea i recomended he smoke moxy with malt. 10mg of each. Until then he would only take moxy orally like i told him to. He texted me " ill nver forget the day i smoked moxy " he will only smoke it now. I call it a M&M or taking M&Ms lol but yea malt really adds where the moxy is lacking in visuals and mindfuck. Good combo im told....

What exactly is.. moxy ? can you be exact please...

Mixing 10mg 5-meo-malt with 10mg of ????
Sounds interesting..

Hey Toltec. Nice to see you posting more often. Moxy is 5 Meo Mipt. Because 5 meo Dipt was known as Foxy first when 5 meo Mipt came out people naturally started calling it Moxy.

Aw thank you :).. I've been very busy with the band... i'm taking time off for the winter... Wishing you well...

How is the body buzz on this compound compared to 5-MeO-DMT? Couldn't really enjoy tripping on 5-MeO-DMT because I had to puke and a strong feeling of beeing smashed in the chest. Had no problems with 5-MeO-DALT, but also less effects.

I'm very glad to hear this one sounds like a winner =D
Will possibly be the next thing I get to add to my currently boring but about to get more interesting stash.
The comparison to 5-Meo-DMT really piqued my interest. I've wanted to try that one for so long, maybe I can get something of that nature from 5-Meo-MALT. In any case, it sounds like it should be fun just so long as you dose high enough (but I'll start low). I guess I will probably have something to report here in another couple of months =D

Last time I read, it seemed everyone expected this to be a dud and if it were more like 5-Meo-DALT, I would not have any interest in it.

took 20mg around 3 hours ago feel barely stimulated, no head high, no visuals, not even close to 5-meo-mipt. I had taken benzos and kratom earlier in the day and ate a fairly large dinner, that may have had some effect, but at 20mg I would say that dosage is barely threshold, and i have no tryptamine nor phenethylamine tolerance whatsoever. maybe ill feel more effects in the next hour or 2 but otherwise i would say 20mg dosage is a complete dud, not even worth having gotten them for free ;) hehe. im very surprised about hearing that 20mg is a large dose, i was expecting a trip similar in strength to about 7mg of 5meo-mipt, but not even, more like 1mg if even that...i had high hopes for this one too, but :( dissapointed. the vendor i got it from does GC/MS testing on all his chems too so it was definitely 5-meo-malt. I'll chalk it up to the benzos and large dinner I ate but other than that I wouldn't ever try this one again unless it was given (again) for free to me...

edit: i'll add that the effects are so mild they could be completely placebo, it may have no activity at all.

Dissolved about 15mg 5-meo-malt (assuming oxalate, but I don't actually know. It is a slightly clumpy tan powder) into 5ml room temperature water and plugged using oral syringe. I fear I lost some, this was my first time attempting this ROA. (I chose this method due to having what I suspect is a sinus infection and thus blocked passages, and also because I hadn't read anything about others attempting plugging this substance) I was worried I wouldn't trip at all, but this seems silly in retrospect.

I put on The Nightmare Before Christmas and within ten minutes of administration I knew something was happening. At about fifteen minutes I got this intense warm fuzzy body high, mostly centered in the chest and belly. This lasted maybe another fifteen minutes before fading gradually. I marked this period as the peak, other effects seemed not to wax and wane along with the body high. There was some slight nausea but this could possibly be attributed to the meal I had just eaten. I felt some tension in the jaw that I suspect could develop into bruxism at a higher dose.

All the while, I had been getting sucked into the film, an engagement I rarely feel anymore. This seemed to be good for emotional enhancement, especially prominent when watching an episode of Mushi-shi after the movie. There was much warping and twisting in my peripheral vision as I watched the television, yet even when looking away from it the distortions remained only peripheral. I noticed this as well with nasal administration at 10mg.

My usual visual static was more colorful and patterned, but I had to look for it. After the movie finished I spent a couple minutes in front of a very colorful and detailed mandala tapestry, simply letting my vision focus on the center and watching the pattern morph and rearrange itself into a Nautilus spiral, with colorful energy coursing along the pathways. Curiously, I even felt some difficulty breaking away from it, feeling slightly dazed for a moment.

I enjoyed this experience very much and am planning on trying again tomorrow or later in the week with a higher dose.

Edit: I am posting this at about 2:45 after administration. I feel mostly at baseline mentally, but there are some slight residual visual effects, but I have to look for them.

Last edited:
Is there any reason to suspect that taking syrian rue first would be either dangerous or worthwhile with this stuff? I find the duration to be rather too short and I happen to have rue but I don't want to do anything stupid.

Dissolved about 15mg 5-meo-malt (assuming oxalate, but I don't actually know. It is a slightly clumpy tan powder) into 5ml room temperature water and plugged using oral syringe. I fear I lost some, this was my first time attempting this ROA. (I chose this method due to having what I suspect is a sinus infection and thus blocked passages, and also because I hadn't read anything about others attempting plugging this substance) I was worried I wouldn't trip at all, but this seems silly in retrospect.

I put on The Nightmare Before Christmas and within ten minutes of administration I knew something was happening. At about fifteen minutes I got this intense warm fuzzy body high, mostly centered in the chest and belly. This lasted maybe another fifteen minutes before fading gradually. I marked this period as the peak, other effects seemed not to wax and wane along with the body high. There was some slight nausea but this could possibly be attributed to the meal I had just eaten. I felt some tension in the jaw that I suspect could develop into bruxism at a higher dose.

All the while, I had been getting sucked into the film, an engagement I rarely feel anymore. This seemed to be good for emotional enhancement, especially prominent when watching an episode of Mushi-shi after the movie. There was much warping and twisting in my peripheral vision as I watched the television, yet even when looking away from it the distortions remained only peripheral. I noticed this as well with nasal administration at 10mg.

My usual visual static was more colorful and patterned, but I had to look for it. After the movie finished I spent a couple minutes in front of a very colorful and detailed mandala tapestry, simply letting my vision focus on the center and watching the pattern morph and rearrange itself into a Nautilus spiral, with colorful energy coursing along the pathways. Curiously, I even felt some difficulty breaking away from it, feeling slightly dazed for a moment.

I enjoyed this experience very much and am planning on trying again tomorrow or later in the week with a higher dose.

Edit: I am posting this at about 2:45 after administration. I feel mostly at baseline mentally, but there are some slight residual visual effects, but I have to look for them.

Sounds pretty cool so far, thanks for the report bud. I got a small sample of this and a few other goodies, gonna have to try one out soon. =D