Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-TMT Thread

rikki_tikki

Bluelighter
TiHKAL entry #45.

This came as a fumarate salt and was ingested in a gelcap by two individuals at a dosage of 90mg each. After the onset both individuals experienced a loss of interest, motivation, and emotion. At first this was mitigated by a blissful feeling in the body (not in the mind) that rapidly passed, leaving a very tired mind behind. From then on it was like being half-asleep yet wide awake. Doing anything seemed pointless. Thinking seemed pointless. This zombie-like state mercifully dwindled after 5-6 hours, but the overall effect was felt till after a night's sleep (which was not easy to come). The dosage of 90mg was closer to the 120mg experience in TIHKAL.

Has anyone had any experience with this compound?

No personal experience here, but I am interested in any reports of smoking or injecting. Shulgin speculates that the additional methyl added to 5-Meo-diMT (which results in 5-MeO-triMT) saves it from destruction by MAO. I wonder if this is only a partial save, which would account for its rather high dosage requirements. I also wonder if its toxic side effects are a result of the volume required by oral dosing and if injecting or smoking it wouldn't show these signs.

I would wager if it was active via smoking then it would be a very different feeling drug.

Is there any reason not to think this would be a good chemical to smoke?

the apathy you describe seems similar to how i feel on Morning Glory seeds, except i get some visuals and trippy thoughts with that. 5-meo-TMT doesnt sound very appealing to me.

I would concur on smoking it. Typically with smoking psychedelics that can be...it drops out the full body effects. Perhaps this will include the vegetive mind state.
But this sounds like a horrible drug.

What do you think would be a good smoking dosage? Is conversion to freebase mandatory, or merely convenient?

based on the MP of DMT and 5-meo-DMT, I would say converting it to freebase would be essential to properly vaporizing it. You can do that with NaOH or even baking soda.

As far as dosage, I would start very small, perhaps 1-2mg or less. Titrate the dose up by double if no effect is felt. After an effect is felt (probably around 5-10mg), then start titratng the dose up a lot more slowly. Stop if toxic side effects increase.

I don't condone experimenting with these chemicals with new routes of administration. So proceed at your own risk.

I Big and Dandified this, since it's evidently somewhat available.

all quiet on the 5-Meo-TMT front for some time. Judging from the TiHKAL entry, it sounds a bit like 5-Meo-DiPT. I just got through listening to Hearts of Space on NPR. lol, i've noticed a number of references to NPR's music programs in the qualitative sections of both the *iHKALs. I wonder which member of the research team is the NPR fan.

What's interesting, 5-MeO-DMT is active insufflated(5-25 mg), as well as orally, but at a much higher dose(30-40+ mg). Shulgin lists significat dose(75-150 mg) for oral route of 5-MeO-TMT, and I am wondering if insufflating of 5-MeO-TMT will reduce dose, and how much?

I don't know but probably: ouch. Vaping should be the superior approach right? Unless you are rich or have a fat supply of 5-MeO-TMT for another reason I don't think that oral would really get everything out of it, looking at what is said about for instance 5-MeO-MET.

Snorting 5-MeO-DMT is indeed an okay thing but I still feel pretty negative about the burn, same or moreso with DPT. I seem to have never worked up the balls to vaporize 5-MeO-DMT and freebasing my brown DPT was a sort of a failure, what a messy stuff.
But snorting 5-MeO-DMT with ketamine was pretty much a success IME! And it eliminated a nice part of the burn.

Maybe I.M. really is not such a bad idea at all for pretty much all of the compounds mentioned in this thread. But I wouldn't know. Still looking forward to doing synthetic DMT and or liquid ketamine I.M. someday but I.M.-ing 5-MeO-DMT scares me a little for some reason.
I don't trust the 5-MeO's as much as other psychedelics... in general. Though 5-MeO-DiPT was pretty cool, especially with ketamine. It made me feel reptilian, like a giddy alien on a safari right in my home. Listen to Secede - Vega Libre (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bazQz14O0lo) and you might understand why, check out the weird little 'whaah!' yells. Actually, the alien that I thought I was resembled 'crazy frog' very very much:

if it doesn't ring a bell look here:

NSFW:
crazy-frog.jpg

by the way, I hate crazy frog like the plague and I'm sorry about the off-topic part. But that was a very fun trip!

I never smoked something(except few cigarettes), so smoking is not an option for me. In addition, 5-MeO-DMT HCl should be smoked carefully to prevent pyrolysis, so I am not sure if 5-MeO-TMT fumarate is smokable.

Snorting 5-MeO-DMT is indeed an okay thing but I still feel pretty negative about the burn, same or moreso with DPT.
5-MeO-DMT HCl burns, but it is pretty tolerable for me. My nostrils aren't really sensitive, so snorting most compounds are ok.
My 5-MeO-TMT supply isn't vast, so I think insufflating will be my main route.

As for IMing, I never did this, but IMing 5-MeO-DMT is on my to-do list, as well as 5-MeO-MET and 5-MeO-TMT, but I need to learn proper filtering technic first. Should every solution be filtered?

I don't trust the 5-MeO's as much as other psychedelics... in general. Though 5-MeO-DiPT was pretty cool, especially with ketamine.
All 5-MeO-T's I tried were really nice compounds, although different from "classical" psychedelics. They are unique in a strange way.
Did you try 4-MeO? They look pretty similar to their 5-MeO counterparts, but I am interested in them too.

It made me feel reptilian, like a giddy alien on a safari right in my home. Listen to Secede - Vega Libre (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bazQz14O0lo) and you might understand why, check out the weird little 'whaah!' yells.
Oh yes, I know this feeling, experienced it only once, and have incomplete memory(maybe it is false memory, lol). The track is absolutely great for powerful tripping, it would made me totally synaesthetic.

Also, you're lucky to have Ketamine! Wish I had it too... :)

I wonder what the other isomers are like...

5-MeO-2,N,N-TMT sounds pretty crappy really, but 5-MeO-α,N,N-TMT and 5-MeO-7,N,N-TMT both are reportedly active in animals, yet seem never to have been tried by humans.

5-MeO-4,N,N-TMT will most likely be active also if you compare it to pyrano[3,2-e]indoles like AL-37350A. So many options not yet tested!

mad_scientist said:
So many options not yet tested!
Yeah, I evaluated 5-MeO-2,N,N-TMT today, and I am pretty sure that other isomers may be very interesting. It so pity for me that RC vendors focus on cathinones, 2C-E and 4-AcO-DMT.

I heared that 5-MeO-α,N,N-TMT was sold for a short while, so someone might try it.

Okay, so here is the short review of the compound in title(5-MeO-2,N,N-TMT). My dose was 10-14 mg followed by another 15 mg after 40 minutes(so approximately 27 mg in total). Both doses were taken intranasally.
And, contrary to expectations in this thread, it turned out that this chemical have nice potential for being a psychedelic. Nevertheless, I have mixed feelings about it: the first part(~2 hours) was rather fun, and the second part(T+2:00-T+5:00) was very boring, luckily I slept for a half of it:)

It is unique chemical, it felt nothing like "watered down"/"retarded" version of its parent compound - 5-MeO-DMT. The mindspace is indeed 5-MeO-DMT-alike, but reminiscent of non-methoxy tryptamines/PEAs mindspace. I don't really know how to describe it, but I would say 5-MeO-TMT has less selectivity for 5-HT1a over 5-HT2a than 5-MeO-DMT(Hopefully this doesn't sound like a complete bullshi). So, comparing to 5-MeO-DMT it felt closer to "normal" psychedelics, in terms of visuals and mental effects.
5-MeO-TMT is more sedative, than stimulating, and caused no bodyload and nausea, however some muscle tension was felt during the trip.

I would really like it, if not the crappy second part of the trip.

Also, I was taking notes during the experience, so I will publish the trip report for this compound soon.

awesome dude, looking forward to reading it. always exciting to read a trip report of a very obscure substance, especially when it shows promise!

Listen to Secede - Vega Libre (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bazQz14O0lo) check out the weird little 'whaah!' yells. Actually, the alien that I thought I was resembled 'crazy frog' very very much:

if it doesn't ring a bell look here:

NSFW:
crazy-frog.jpg

by the way, I hate crazy frog like the plague and I'm sorry about the off-topic part. But that was a very fun trip![/QUOTE]

thanks for the link to the track

Allium, can you elucidate just HOW the second half of your trip was crappy?

Well, first of all I took two doses(T+0:00 - ~12 mg, T+0:40 - 15 mg), the most interesting effects were in this time frame: T+0:40 -- T+1:15, this part of trip was similar in certain aspects to my 2C-E trips (Don't get too excited, these two chems aren't very comparable). Then effects started to get boring, but it was ok until T+1:45. At this point there were almost no mental effects, physical(muscle) weakness - maybe it was just B-vitamins deficiency, which was manifested by this drug. I felt tired and uncomfortably sedated, and there was strange headache-ish feeling in my head. Also, I was a bit disappointed because I expected the drug to last longer. As you can see, nothing terrible, and absence of positive effects is what really made this part "crappy".
As I mentioned, I went to bed, and I easily felt asleep. I slept for a hour, and then woke up feeling the same range of effects. Luckily, most of them were gone after another 30 minutes.

So... Overall, it was a nice psychedelic for the first 1.5 hours, leaving sort of hangover for the rest of trip(I was near the baseline at T+4:00, and felt totally sober at T+5:00). Oh, today I felt nice afterglow, which I enjoyed very much.

I am definitely going to experiment with this drug more, I plan to take 30-45 mg in a single dose the next time.

I think I can advertise my report here. :)
Finally, I managed to publish it. It took so long, because I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the text, so I had to made certain corrections.

Hopefully you'll find it useful.

I think I can advertise my report here. :)
Finally, I managed to publish it. It took so long, because I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the text, so I had to made certain corrections.

Hopefully you'll find it useful.

It sure is. The compound has been around a few years and still ridiculously underreported. Thanks for the effort!

It seems this compound might be making the rounds sometime very soon, at least 3 vendors have it in stock now.
Have there been any additionally bioassay trials in the few years since this thread was last bumped?

The dose required is massively high with oral ROA, but if it's possible to vaporize it without I'll effects I might have to give it a shot in the coming months.