• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 5)

The increased cardiotoxicity caused by 5HT2B agonism doesn't help its case either.
The N-methylated benzofurans actually have a similar agonist activity at 5HT2B compared to MDMA. 5-APB and 6-APB on the other hand are very selective and have considerably higher affinities at that receptor.

Okay, I have posted this in every Big and Dandy and I'm also going to post it here since I just added 6-APB and a few others to the survey.

PLEASE, if you have tried 6-APB, fill out my survey I'm about to describe and link to? And if you get a chance I'd like for you to also fill it out for any other psychedelic you've done. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know in each of the substance Big and Dandies about the community project of the PD forum which has been being worked on for the past 2 years or so, the Psychedelic Effects Profile survey. This survey asks you a number of questions, starting with the substance taken, the dose, the method of administration, other substances (non-psychedelic) ingested during the trip, and set and setting, and then it goes on to ask about a variety of specific effects, and you can select whether or not you experienced them and if so, the intensity level of that effect on a 5-point scale.

Thank you for your help with this! For this to be of any use whatsoever, we need as many responses as we can possibly get, so please take it as many times as you have time for, for as many substances as you have had proper trips on. We want to gather the full range of effects possible so feel free to take it for positive as well as negative experiences, for earth-shattering and average. Each time taking the survey is for a single trip on a single substance - no combinations please, as it taints the data for each substance. In the future I may make another survey for combinations. The survey takes about 5 minutes to get through so it's not too much of your time.

(You can report on combinations, just not combinations with other psychedelics)

For further discussion of this project, please see the stickied thread at the top of the forum that starts with "Community Project". To take the survey, please click on this link: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=hvw6fx9mmvzz82l599169

:)
Were the 6-APB results ever posted?

No, they weren't, unfortunately. Not enough participation, and I also rethought the design of the survey partway through. I never ended up posting any results. That's why I was excited about your idea though. I still am, it's just a question of time and energy.

I though because 4-fa is a light releaser of serotonin and mostly dopamine that I'd be fine, but apparently amphetamine the days coming up to a roll can make it very weak. Guessing this is the case with 4-fa due to the chemical similarity. techzpod download mobdro

Last edited:
All 6-APB is produced by the same company, which makes legal LSD analogues. Unfortunately, they have never recaptured the process from Chinese masters of 2013. Current batches of 6-APB succinate are so weak that hardly anything beyond a mild amphetamine-like stimulation is felt at 100mg. In fact, it took the addition of 100mg and 5-MAPB hydrochloride to begin to roll, and another 50mg of 5-MAPB hydrochloride to have a decent roll. While it was good, it wasn't comparable to 80mg of 6-APB 70mg of 5-APB combination, which would keep one unable to hold back his grin back in 2013. But the side-effects 3 days down the road were very mild as well, though they no doubt were mediated by 3+1 days of Rave-Aid supplementation. I am just wondering whether it is cost effective. Perhaps 200mg of 6-APB with 50mg of 5-MAPB will make a better sense, but that will have to wait for at least a month. Still, grabbing 5-MAPB, while it is still available makes sense as the current batch of that chemical is good.

I only wish that somebody was still producing 6-APDB which (when preceded by 300mg of Pramiracetam) was excellent for rolling on its own and was an incredible verbal-cognitive enhancer at 5mg insufflated.

Last edited:
@Pastel I found 100mg (+65mg 6-6.5 hours later) of 6-APB succinate to be excellent and it was the best roll of my life.

For reference, I normally need 110-120mg of 95%+ purity MDMA for a decent roll.

Maybe you have just lost some of the magic for some reason. Or maybe you got a bad batch. How often do you roll?

@Pastel I found 100mg (+65mg 6-6.5 hours later) of 6-APB succinate to be excellent and it was the best roll of my life.

For reference, I normally need 110-120mg of 95%+ purity MDMA for a decent roll.

Maybe you have just lost some of the magic for some reason. Or maybe you got a bad batch. How often do you roll?
Used to be nearly every two weeks in 2013-2014 on good 6-APB/5-APB for about a year. Somehow without a loss of magic, which could not be said at the time about 5-ME, which while being even better, only worked twice for me after which I put it in storage, since it wasn't produced anymore. (And turned out to be easily degradable, even in a chilled, low oxygen container).
Since good 6-APB cl was gone circa 2015, and around which time I ended my RC hiatus and I went back to working full-time - once a year or less.
BDO is my drug of choice for dancing and for me, it also outmatches any benzofuran/MDXX for empathy. And just like benzofurans, it is semi-legal.

Anyone Microdosed this as in 10 xs less than dose you'd use, if you would normally roll. ?

Example a person normally takes 60-90 mgs , when they use 6 apb. They could start at 6 mgs first time.

Has anyone been on any antidepressants, and Microdosed 6 apb, while not taking antidepressants, and how would they compare?

Anyone Microdosed this as in 10 xs less than dose you'd use, if you would normally roll. ?

Example a person normally takes 60-90 mgs , when they use 6 apb. They could start at 6 mgs first time.

Has anyone been on any antidepressants, and Microdosed 6 apb, while not taking antidepressants, and how would they compare?
That sounds like a very bad idea to me, considering how damaging MDMA microdosing can be.

No one can say that confidently imo because those succinate batches vary drastically in terms of purity and byproducts. I had a succinate batch lab-tested a few years back that was extremely strong and contained a substantial amount of 5-APB as well. I only needed ~125-135mg for a heavy roll with that one while others report doses of up to 200mg or more and I can say with absolute certainty that such a dose would have me puke my guts out and would not be enjoyable anymore. A friend of mine took 150mg (in two doses) of that exact batch and gurned like I have never seen it before, it was almost scary lol.

Many of the circulating 6-APB batches contain(ed) substantial amounts of succinic acid, 5-APB, and even moreso the inactive isomer 4-APB which hampered the quality quite a bit and made 6-APB unreliable in terms of dosing. I suggest starting with 125mg, that seems like a safe starting dose to me but there's a pretty good chance that this is too little for you.
From what I have read 4-APB is unlikely to be inactive.

I’ve microdosed MDMA and while it’s certainly not nearly as damaging as a standard dosing regimen you won’t get the benefits you seek. Very quickly made me feel like shit, I wouldn’t do it.

-GC
Honestly a bit aghast to be reading this, perhaps a time long ago?

Honestly a bit aghast to be reading this, perhaps a time long ago?

Yea long time easily over a decade, I only did it for 4-5 days before deciding it was very much not worth it. I’ll be honest too, part of the reason I did it was cuz I spilled a bag in my pocket and was having a hard time just letting it go. So every morning I was dabbing out of it lol, I know that makes it even better.

-GC

@G_Chem time schedule is where I'd dose 6 apb, 45 mgs, Five hours apart, traveling city to city.

Example four pm before a fitness event. Id do resistance exercise , so I would like only 35mgs . If I hit it off with a cute girl and we end up in this city ,i don't think I'd re dose.and spend time in the city with her

But if I finish the fitness event and I don't hangout with a cute girl, and yes I have one in mind, still never know as I know a couple girls at this fitness center.

And if I don't stay in the city, Then I will drivee to a Bigger city about three hours away to meet up with a friend. We'd go out downtown to night venues. Right before going out to night venues, clubs, bars, I'd take maybe 45 mgs. I e been going through some depression and feeling a bit low more than normal. Used 5 mapb 20 mgs in Mid June
Used 25 mgs Mal since then and last week used 27 mgs mal. Been feeling very moody since. Would this be a reason to not use any dose of 6 apb?

Last edited:
@G_Chem time schedule is where I'd dose 6 apb, 45 mgs, Five hours apart, traveling city to city.

Example four pm before a fitness event. Id do resistance exercise , so I would like only 35mgs . If I hit it off with a cute girl and we end up in this city ,i don't think I'd re dose.and spend time in the city with her

But if I finish the fitness event and I don't hangout with a cute girl, and yes I have one in mind, still never know as I know a couple girls at this fitness center.

And if I don't stay in the city, Then I will drivee to a Bigger city about three hours away to meet up with a friend. We'd go out downtown to night venues. Right before going out to night venues, clubs, bars, I'd take maybe 45 mgs. I e been going through some depression and feeling a bit low more than normal. Used 5 mapb 20 mgs in Mid June
Used 25 mgs Mal since then and last week used 27 mgs mal. Been feeling very moody since. Would this be a reason to not use any dose of 6 apb?
If you are really depressed then I have to caution you on taking any empathogens.

I had two different friends in the past who attempted suicide after taking empathogens when they were already extremely depressed.

One was very depressed and took mdma and ended up in the psych ward claiming to want to end himself and the other tried to overdose on pills after my friend talked her into trying mephedrone while she was extremely depressed.

So for those two reasons I always caution people to avoid rolling if you're extremely depressed. To me it's like how could you be depressed if you are rolling but I know two people who each spent 72 hours in the psych ward for attempting suicide after or while rolling so not recommended. Thank goodness they both lived!

If you are really depressed then I have to caution you on taking any empathogens.

I had two different friends in the past who attempted suicide after taking empathogens when they were already extremely depressed.

One was very depressed and took mdma and ended up in the psych ward claiming to want to end himself and the other tried to overdose on pills after my friend talked her into trying mephedrone while she was extremely depressed.

So for those two reasons I always caution people to avoid rolling if you're extremely depressed. To me it's like how could you be depressed if you are rolling but I know two people who each spent 72 hours in the psych ward for attempting suicide after or while rolling so not recommended. Thank goodness they both lived!
I wouldn't say depressed just more intense downs and some ups for lack of better words. The only entacogens I e used in over a year time period was 5 mapb , 3 xs , at 20 mgs. Before the did 65 mgs 6 apb in September in of 2021, and before that 70 mgs 6 apb in February 2021. Still would like to go to another city and seek female companionship, of possible, preferably one that meets checklist but if not okay with short term encounter, esp since in another city.

Unfortunately, they have never recaptured the process from Chinese masters of 2013. Current batches of 6-APB succinate are so weak that hardly anything beyond a mild amphetamine-like stimulation is felt at 100mg. In fact, it took the addition of 100mg and 5-MAPB hydrochloride to begin to roll, and another 50mg of 5-MAPB hydrochloride to have a decent roll. While it was good, it wasn't comparable to 80mg of 6-APB 70mg of 5-APB combination, which would keep one unable to hold back his grin back in 2013.
But sadly that shit is happening with all RCs, isn't it?
People says that of mostly everything, 4-mmc, 3-mmc, 2-fma recent batches (being crap), even NEP seems to be worse and worse. In some of those cases seems that the chinese guys were better doing it something that I don't really get (why? I cannot believe that Europe don't have good chemists or better infrastructure).
In some other cases it really seems that the chemists are pressured to find cheaper chemical routes and in some other cases it seems that once the precursors are too controlled the second route (with other precursors) seem to produce worse results...
I hate stupid war on drugs, is just so idiotic and makes no sense. It only harms the scene and the people inside.

Yea my accidental dosing last night was both unexpected and unwanted which led to a great deal of anxiety for a few hours until mellowing out into a better feel. Nothing like 5-MAPB where 5mg can be felt and is ok, this was rough but felt rough cuz I didn’t reach a proper dosage.

Definitely curious to hear your report @arrall

-GC

In your expirienced is microdosing 5 mapb is worth it? Nasal?

I ve done 20 mgs 5 mapb oral and definitely felt entacogen rolling effects.

Off subject bit Mal Microdosed , 4 mgs, was pleasant.

In your expirienced is microdosing 5 mapb is worth it? Nasal?

I ve done 20 mgs 5 mapb oral and definitely felt entacogen rolling effects.

Off subject bit Mal Microdosed , 4 mgs, was pleasant.

Yup. Unlike MDMA the 5-MAPB can be dosed as low as 10mg and still get effects that don’t feel like a waste of the drug. I wouldn’t do it often like people microdose psychedelics but it can be done.

-GC