• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Bromo-Dragonfly/DOB-Dragonfly Thread

Which is why I'm confused when FnB refers to the "dragonfly" and "fully aromatic dragonfly" in his paper...
It seems to me that there was a bit of change between Nichols' first naming of these compounds and the more recent accepted names. When reading some references, I got really confused by the use of "bromo" (as in bromo-fly) to indicate not only a 4-bromo substitution, but also alpha-methylation.

In total, it lasted closer to 26 hours for SWIM.

SWIM spent the final two hours of the trip recovering in an isolation tank, and found it to assist wonderfully in assisting re-entry to baseline.

As for the duration of the hike, SWIM is fond of walking around, taking frequent pit stops to do yoga, roll spliffs, converse with friends, eat food, drink water, dance around, recite poetry, and much else besides. SWIM would call it camping except there probably wouldn't be much sleep involved. ;)

I had a chance to buy some and never did, but my good friend got two doses and took both of them. He was tripping for over a day and said the visuals were very intense at times, but very different from acid.

For informational purposes, here's the report, from a reputable individual in another forum:

1mg D-FLY non bromo: Dosage to small for safety
duration 18hrs to baseline after effects 24hrs Too long.
babysitter required, reality gone(Delusional/Dreamscape) not fit for general population, lab research only. :-|

it was the non saturated version the the bromo dragonfly.(R)-(-)-1-(8-Bromo-2,3,6,7-tetrahydrobenzo[1,2-b;4,5-b']-difuran-4-yl)-2-aminopropane hydrochloride

dosage App 1mg,
as far as knowing that this was the true material, I guess it pays to know people personally, that work in this realm of chemistry

ghettotastic and walkaway, did you guys eat 100ug doses? I am curious what is evolving as the standard "dose" of bromo-dragonfly... seems like a single one of these doses you guys tried was pretty intense?

While bluedolphin already pointed this out, the doses contained on blotter are most likely significantly smaller than the 1mg dose taken in the report you linked to gloggawogga.

However, all of this is merely my personal suspicion, and there's no way to verify the bromodragonfly content on a blotter stamp. I can personally promise that my experience with it was no where near as intense at that.

Anyone else worried asbout the recent arrival of this chem on the market?

I have a feeling this will be the bext 2-ct-7 if you know what i mean.:(

Um, and i guess ill be writing a report within the next month or so.

^yup
this is not the kind of substance to be handled without care. problem being that there are always people not doing that.. im surprised 2c-t-7 (and that more isolated case with 2c-t-21) was the only one up until now. but this one seems very liable for leading to accidents considering the dose. any ideas about its LD50?

Considering the dosage is in the LSD range, I think 'accidents' will happen with this compound. From what I've seen, it's only been offered as a solution in alcohol, which is good because if it came as the salt in powder form, it'd be easy to absorb a dose through breathing dust etc, and I'd lay money on some idiot trying to eyeball a 200ug dose.

That said, I think the main worry is that someone will produce it as the salt and that people with more money than sense will get ahold of it. If it remains as a soln. there's much less chance of an accident happening

Has an accurate dose range been established? I've heard anywhere from 100ug to 1mg.

Would it be physiologically safe to start at a 1mg dose? SWIM is traditionally a hardhead with psychedelics.

Would you be happy if you found out that the hard-headedness didn't go as far as the benzodifurans (dragonflies)?

ALWAYS start low when trying a substance for the first time. You can always take more if it falls below what you expected, but the reverse is impossible

fastandbulbous said:
Considering the dosage is in the LSD range, I think 'accidents' will happen with this compound. From what I've seen, it's only been offered as a solution in alcohol, which is good because if it came as the salt in powder form, it'd be easy to absorb a dose through breathing dust etc, and I'd lay money on some idiot trying to eyeball a 200ug dose.

That said, I think the main worry is that someone will produce it as the salt and that people with more money than sense will get ahold of it. If it remains as a soln. there's much less chance of an accident happening

Your so right!

Even the way its offered now, perhapes 10mg diluted into ethanol vials!
There's gona be that peson who is gona think if one drop is nice then 5 is better! What is the LD for Dfly? It ant like LSD; you can take up to 12mg's of LSD and come back. Depending on your mind Hehee

Or lets say it hits you/some after one hour or so, so with some the rule of thumb is, take more> Surprise!

what about Dfly showing up in blotters, jezz im from the old school we would take 2 or 3 hits, what then!

So hopefully each and every one of us can spead the word; that if your told something is LSD, it mite not be LSD in todays world! Dont let your young impatience minds misleed your judgment!

vaka said:
Has an accurate dose range been established? I've heard anywhere from 100ug to 1mg.

Would it be physiologically safe to start at a 1mg dose? SWIM is traditionally a hardhead with psychedelics.

Even if i was a HH too, i still wouldent want to find out i'm not a HH trying out anything new for the first time! Specially in the ug dose ranges of Dfly. Always start with a low dose; Just in case!

cheers

My only worry (besides the bit about eyeballing the dose) is if bromo-dragonfly has the vasoconstrictor (or muscle tension) properties that DOB has. If so, anybody taking doses around a milligram might find themselves in a world of pain (see PIHKAL entry for DOB) from muscles cramping etc.

As for the LD50, I very much doubt that anybody has bothered assessing this yet, as it's such a new compound

I think that compounds like this should come in ampoules of say, 100ug (or other suitable low-medium dose, depending on potency). With a package insert explaining the dosage, effects, etc.

That's how mescaline and LSD used to come when they were still legal. Are the dragonflies legal in UK, does anyone know?

Also, compounds like the DOx series and the dragonflies should be relatively expensive (compared to the 2C's etc).... this will keep all but the very curious away, as many stoners are simply looking for a cheap thrill.

Just my penny's worth :)

fastandbulbous said:
As for the LD50, I very much doubt that anybody has bothered assessing this yet, as it's such a new compound

thats quite obvious, i was thinking about rough 'ideas', inferred from other more or less structurally related compounds. that is, assuming such 'related' LD50's would be relevant (im far from being a chemist or toxicologist, i have no idea)

The benzodifurans are different enough from the 2,5-dimethoxy compounds for there to be no 'substantially similar' compounds in terms of toxicology, so you couldn't really even go in for an educated guess.

Example: Ergotamine is a lysergic acid amide with a couple of amino acids making up the amide group. LSD is the same, except the amide group is derived from a simple amine. While 10mg (100 doses) of LSD wouldn't be 'fun' for most people, it is easily survivable (in the physical sense) whereas 10mg of ergotamine will cause such severe vasoconstriction that you can lose whole limbs. Dimethoxyphenyl to benzodifuranyl is a similar sort of change.

Long story made short - nobody has a clue.

Neo1 - the dragonflies aren't covered by the misuse of drugs act (yet!)

I think that compounds like this should come in ampoules of say, 100ug ...

That's how mescaline and LSD used to come when they were still legal. Are the dragonflies legal in UK, does anyone know?

They may still be legal in the UK now but they won't be for long if people sell them in 100ug ampules. And like someone said, there's still gonna be someone that wants to do 5 or more doses at once.

I just read this At anouther forum> http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92700

"The stuff that each dose adds 12 hours onto the trip, and can extend it indefinitely?

Risky shit, could cause serious problems

But, then again, virtually all dragonfly sold IS acid. Anyway, I wouldn't do more than one possible two hits."

And

"My friends at mindstates tell me this is what the merry pranksters are working with these days.

Dfly sure sounds interseting but
Whats a person to believe!