• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

I've tried this one at 5, 20 & 60 mg. Has a body high & mental stimulant effects quite like 5-Meo-DiPT. These begin with the auditory effects at ~8mg, the body high & stimulant effects seem to begin to level off around 40mg becoming more psychedelic past this point.

The auditory effects were identical to 5-Meo-DiPT & increased pretty linearly to the highest dose I tried.

The psychedelic effects are mild & subtle yet immersive. Reminded me most of DPT...yet totally different. I am really at a loss to characterize them beyond this. I think this could be an interesting compound for some to use to drive \ flavor other psychedelics...Not only because of its queer psychedelia but the profound alteration of sound gives the feeling of experiencing the world anew.

I noted much less of the peristalsis\ stomach perculating than DPT, which is pretty mild in iteself in this regard. Same mild diuretic effects as 5-Meo-DiPT & DPT.

The duration of the auditory effects extend well beyond the stimulant\psychedelic effects which themselves last 1-2 hours. Slight deepening of sounds was still noticeable 24hours later with only 20mgs.

In my experience not quite the intense psychedelic described by one user on erowid but still worthwhile in iteself. Certainly an interesting hands-on approach to structure-activity research for anyone who has tried DPT.

The conversion to freebase can be done the same as my laughably easy method for DPT hcl > base conversion Here with a few differences: 1. Freebase has a higher mp & needs a higher water temp for conversion reaction 2. Base appears to take signifigantly less volume than an equiv amount of DPT base - to minimize loss you can allow spoon to cool for 15+ mins & the base will crystallize allowing easy collection & washing if desired.

NaOH \ Lye works a bit better\ faster than baking soda which is fine by iteself but may require slightly higher temperatures.

I just had a chance to smoke around 50mg of some DiPT freebase, I was pretty disappointed in the effects.... There seemed to be a hissing/buzzing and I heard blood pounding thru my ears... some dull geometric patterning.... I noticed effects from 4-20 minutes after smoking... fell asleep 50 min after smoking.....not as strong as a few Erowid reports let on... This didnt seem to fit in the 2 hours til baseline thats been reported....hmm

^^^^

Interesting. How did you smoke the material? Did you use a proper DMT-freebase pipe, or some other method? Is there a chance you didn't inhale the full 50 mg? Also, do you have experience with oral DiPT and is your reaction to it 'normal', whatever normal is of course.

I didnt have a freebase pipe....heated the material in tin foil and inhaled thru chillum.... I got a nice billowing cloud of smoke....the smoked route intrigued me from the reports and I only had this 50mg amount so I didnt get to try orally

Stay in bed for bed peace

At the risk of bringing undue attention to another psychedelic that I'd hate to see become too popular and become outlawed, I will report on my experiences with it.

I took 70 mg of DiPT this weekend and was blessed with near +4 periods. In addition to the INSANE audio distortions, this drug is DEFINITELY a true, classic psychedelic. I didn't get too much in the way of visuals, save for color enhancement, flashy CEVs, and mild trails, but the mental opening and insights were beautiful.

Although the drug was NOTHING like MDMA, that is the only thing I can think of that reminded me of the rush and feelings involved during the peak. My friend and I sat on a park bench had had some of the deepest and most insightful conversations ever. When I got home, I put on Jefferson Airplane and nearly died. Grace Slick sounded like a man, and the music sounded like it went through a digital octave-lowering device. It all sounded mechanical and synthetic. I'll never forget it. A full report will be written soon. DiPT is fantastic material.

BTW, interestingly enough, my friend got very little from 70 mg. He mainly noticed the audio distortions and CEVs. I guess it was just my time for peak experiences and he was to act as my guide. I'm glad it worked that way. I was floored and could never have gotten home without his help.

uncontrolled and unschedualed by the US government

I would liek to add that there is really no mind altering chemical that isnt controlled in some fashion by the US government. I have known people who have been arrested for possesing other quasi legal tryptamines, and would warn anyone who posseses unscheduled research chemicals to *not* flash them in a police officer's face and shout "haha, I have legal drugs." It will get you a free ride in his/her car. There are numerous laws underwhich you can be prosecuted (ie analouge act, public intoxication, public disturbance, posession of dangerous substances, intent to distribute, etc etc).

On a more positive tone, glad to hear people have had positive experiences with this chemical. I've always thought it sounded less than interesting, and never bothered to aquire/sample some.

Oh, I am quite aware that this chem is far from legal, and by ingesting it I broke the law. But you know what I mean. I don't want the kiddies looking for a new high thinking this is the shit. Not to brag, but my words have influenced a lot of people to try things and it is a daily decision I make if I want to talk about my experiences at risk of encouraging others.

I had a very similar experience to morninggloryseed's this weekend as well. It was my 3rd or 4th time to try this substance and I decided to eyeball about twice the amount I had taken before. (i'd say approx 80-90mg). I was expecting just more audio distortion with fairly clear-headedness like before, but to my (pleasent) surprise I got a full blown trip with visuals, mental funkyness, etc. I wasnt even sure where i was anymore (not in a bad way heheh), and at the time we were listening to some demos of my band and i couldn't even recognize the music as my own. All in all a nice, if unexpected, treat ;)

Not to brag, but my words have influenced a lot of people to try things and it is a daily decision I make if I want to talk about my experiences at risk of encouraging others

That's a sign of responsibility, and I hearby comemmorate you with a cookie. ;) seriously though, the less people that become interested in this scene, the better. I made the mistake of thinking that ANYONE who could handle lsd or mushrooms could handle a given RC like 2ci, boy was I put in my place. Never again. I dont even talk about them in front of other people anymore.

I took an unknown amount of DiPT several weeks ago and had GREAT results. I was sad to see that Erowid posted my trip report in the "health problems" section... it was a glowing experience IMO.

It is SO much more than an auditory drug with a body buzz. The way it alters reality is mindblowing... things are so strange and mushroom-like. Sure, it could use some more visual activity, but smoking weed definitely enhances that aspect.

here is my trip report: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=23233

High Dipt doses

After reading Morninggloryseed's report on DIPT, I have decided to research this chemical as well. I'm not sure wether it was his elegant writing style, or the fact that I don't have access to any of the other exotic chemicals, but I am curious to see whether DIPT is more than just a novelity. I have read the trip reports at erowid, bluelight, and the lycaeum so I have an idea what I am getting into, but the problem is that there are few reports written by people who took 70 mgs or more. So...I was wondering if any of my fellow Bluelighters could indolge me with any of their DIPT experiences? I will share my own once I begin working with this substance.

I really dislike the fact that my reports drive others to seek out chemicals. I realize I should expect that, but it's such a double-edged sword writing them now. I want to share the information, and I appreciate that you enjoyed reading it, but I don't want to be an influence to anyone when it comes to drugs. :(

I just want to say though, regardless of any posts or information people provide you with on high-dose DiPT trips...you should start off low and work your way up. 60 or 70 mg is plenty for a first try. Even though my friend didn't trip as hard as I did, he tripped very nicely and had a wonderful time. I sure didn't need a single milligram more than I took. No reason to just jump in the deep waters of a pool you have never swam in.

Please be careful and use your head if you decide to experiment with DiPT, or any chemical. I just don't want to hear you ate 1/4 gram of DiPT because you read my report and ended up in the hospital.

MGS

i've done around 90mg of the stuff. the auditory effects were pretty disturbing at that level, and visuals were just barely beginning to show though, similar to a mild dose of dpt. about 4-5 hrs into it though i developed a headache and had to knock myself out with diazapam.

I experienced disturbing auditory effects on 11 mg of 5-meO-DiPT (disturbing in that it was almost too weird for me, and I was not expecting it) but on DiPT, I found the auditory effects mindblowingly incredible. My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I first put music on.

While I am not very experienced with the more exotic chemicals, I have done my homework on everyone of them. My friends kind of joke with me about reading on the internet about drugs, and also doubt me when I tell them they are stating false facts about drugs. I started learning about these and other substances in 96 on the old lycaeum site, so its not like I am just doing this cause morninggloryseed did it. I was just saying that your post made me think that maybe there was more to DIPT than what I had read. I am going to start low and see how my body likes the compound before I venture to higher levels.

When I read reports all people really talk about is the effects on sounds. Does your mind stay pretty lucint during the experience, or do you get spaced out?

Off topic: Of course trip reports make people want to try a substance.

I mean, people read 5-MeO-DMT trainwrecks, addiction to heroin, crazy 3 days trips spent with Datura induced psychosis, and they still are compelled to try them.

Your 2C-E trip report will only encourage people to try it/seek it out.

A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from others mistakes. There aren't that many wise people out there.

PS - I am not claiming to be wise.

DiPT notes

>I was just saying that your post made me think that maybe
>there was more to DIPT than what I had read.

There definitely was for me. I never expected it to produce a full-blown psychedelic trip that was so profound, magical, and wonderous as it was. Between this DiPT trip, and last weekend's 2C-E trip, I have been lucky with entheogens lately. As a result, I won't push my luck. It will be sometime before I try any psychedelics again.

>I am going to start low and see how my body likes the
>compound before I venture to higher levels.

Smart man. I'm very glad to hear that. I was at erowid today glancing at DiPT reports and was surprised to read a few reports of people taking just 20 to 30 mg and getting noticable auditory effects. If the sound alterations are all you are after, you don't need much of the stuff.

>Does your mind stay pretty lucint during the experience, or
>do you get spaced out?

I was a little disoriented at the peak as far as where we were on the bike path. I would have had trouble getting us home if it were up to me. But I can't say I felt fucked up at all. I felt completely connected with everything at the peak...one with the land I was on, the energies that were there with me, and also the universe in general. It was a classic +4 trip. And it was very lucid; I remember every detail with complete clarity. I'll never forget that night.

It will just be very interesting in a few months when I try it again in a similiar setting and at the same dosage. Will I just get a body-buzz and hear weird things like most other people or will I have a true psychedelic (mind-expanding) trip again? I can wait (and I am going to), but I sure am excited.

Now I am not looking for or expecting a +4 again, because I realize those are rare and blessed events, but I'll be real happy if DiPT proves as insightful as it did last time. M and I had some excellent and deep conversations, and while I was by myself I did some deep thinking about my life and my future.

I don't care if I have the entity contact again. I'm grateful to just have had it happen this time. But I'll be so happy if DiPT proves consistantly useful for introspection and deep-thinking. It sure was the last time.

Plus, it was so easy on my body. Nothing is better than an insightful psychedelic that is easy on the body.

Last edited:
iso240 said:
"disturbing" as in TOO weird, or "disturbing" as in they were the cause of that headache?

a bit of both, i do believe

DiPT Freebase

Could someone please give me the instructions on how to convert my DiPt into freebase form. The instructions on Erowid do not give an amount for how much DiPT you put in the 10% concentrate bleach/H2O, so I have no idea how to start. I also wanted to know if there is a method to make just a couple of doses at a time, instead of having to use a large amount of DiPT in the process. Thank you.

go do some alternate reading from erowid for chemical conversions. If its in a salt form youll need to basically do an acid extraction - you can find tons of info on internet, but look for serious chemistry sites dedicated to drug chemistry.

Be very careful you if you dont know what you are doing, you could easily hurt yourself.