• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

Your stomach acids will convert a freebase powdered drug into a hydrochloric salt.

So say you ingest DiPT freebase.. the end result is that you'll have DiPT hcl in your stomach and you'll get high as if you simply took DiPT hcl to begin with.

Since DiPT is best taken orally anyways, I don't see why you'd want to go through the trouble of trying to convert it with kitchen chemistry.

Well I was not expecting much when I loaded my bong with with some pot, 10 mgs of DiPT, and then a little more pot on top of the powder last night, but I soon learned it is a viable way to dose.
I took one monster hit making sure to kill the whole bowl pack, and held the hit in for about 10-15 seconds. The effects did not begin immediatly, rather it took about 30 seconds to start. Everything in my vision began flowing. This was much more pronounced than while on a oral dose. A couple of minutes into the experience, my ears began to get the clogged up feeling and all of the hearing effects started. For some reason I kept closing my eyes and drifting off. I would get lost in thought, sometimes there were conversations going on in my head where people were talking.
All in all, I enjoyed the effects via smoking more than I did the oral route.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^^^^

Did you smoke the salt, or did you convert it to the base? If you got this with the salt, I may have to add this to my "to do" list.

Ok, well when I smoked the salt two nights ago I enjoyed it more than the oral dose of 60 mgs I ate the night before. I enjoyed the brevity of the experience and the speed at which I came up. I had a more visual effect.

Last night I tried smoking it again with my freind and had mixed results. I didn't mind wasting some DiPT so I just put it in the middle of a bowl pack, hopefully shielding it some from the flame. I sprinkled 5 mgs in before my friend or I would take a hit. After the first hit I definitly could feel a change in my perception, but it was not like when I took the bong hit the night before. After three hits each, sounds were deepining and some laughing fits insoued.

For me the oral dose of 60 mgs had a stronger effect, but I developed uncomfortable cramps and pains in my midsection at around 5 hours into the experience. I have not experienced these cramps while smoking the DiPT.

So 60 mg orally was stronger than 10 mg smoked, huh? But you enjoyed the smoked trip more. Interesting.

I'd imagine some of the problems with the second day are that you were developing a bit of a tolerance. Plus you used less. I wouldn't do it more than once a week at most.

I am done with DiPT. The audio effects are not enjoyable. I don't know what I am going to do with the extra amount that I have though. I am moving on to 4-HO-DiPT.

So you never noticed any psychedelic (mind expanding, I am not referring to the production of pretty colors when I use the word) phenomonon with DiPT? Just auditory changes and some minor visuals?

I was lucky enough to get the whole shabang with just 70 mg. I hope the next time I try DiPT I get mind expanding effects again because I really enjoyed my last experience. I hope it wasn't just a one-time gift from the universe, though if it was I am forever grateful for it.

Make sure you make reports on your 4-Ho-DiPT experiences. There is only one I know of outside of TIHKAL. I too shall explore that compound in time, after a little break from psychedelics. I've already had two trips this month. Don't want to push things.

i have noticed that people either love or hate the auditory effects..

In my personal experience people who may be more geared toward using the auditory parts of their brain (musicians for example) tend to find the effects more interesting and enjoyable than people who may not be so inclined.

Most non-musical people i have observed on the stuff have little to say about it other than just "my hearing's all fucked up..." and they usually did not find it as amusing, rather they tended to find it very uncomfortable toward the end of the trip.

DiPT- Recommended dosages

I've searched many sources for infomation on dosages. All I can find is Shulgins experiences in TIHKAL. In it he has dosed from 30mg to as high as 250mg! I've come across an amount of it and am after a more precise amount to sample first time. Any one tried it and what dosage would you recommeded for first time? Any info. would be great:)

I took 75 mg my first time and had a +4. I found that dose more than sufficient. My friend dosed the same and did not get past a +2. Then a few weeks later he took 100 mg and also had a +4. So I'd say between 75 mg and 100 mg should get you fully there. It may be wise however to take less. Some people find 50 mg sufficient.

I have taken dosages from 20mg up to 125mg. This is definately the most unique psychedelic i've ever had.

For a beginner unfamiliar with its effects i would suggest starting low. Anything over about 70mg for me is pretty mind blowing, but it is still very effective at around 30-40mg. At that dosage i remain fairly clear-headed while still retaining a great deal of the audio distortion found in higher doses.

I think I'll start with 70mg. I'm very much looking forward to it. It seems so unique working primarily on the auditory instead of visual side of things.

n2o said:
I have taken dosages from 20mg up to 125mg...i remain fairly clear-headed while still retaining a great deal of the audio distortion found in higher doses.

Did you just get audio distortions from DiPT, or did you find it a true full blown psychedelic (mind-expanding substance) like I did? It was NOTHING like anyother psychedelic I've done, but it was truly a mind-expanding material. It did a lot more than just fuck up my hearing. I actually had an entity contact. I've only had that with DMT and DPT previously.

^^^The entity contact you speak of I read in Shulgin's report of a 250mg dose. I hope it's similar to DMT but without the intensity and inability to analyse the immediate effects. I've written a trip report on N,N DMT before and hope to enjoy DiPT as much. I'll write a trip report also, regardless of the experience.

My DiPT trip (I've only taken it once at this time) was DAMN strong, but at the same time it was very gentle. Reminds me of Iprocin (4-Ho-DiPT) in that aspect. Nothing ever felt forced, nor did I feel out of control at any time, but it was still very powerful.

What can I say about DiPT...it is perhaps the most amazing and definitelty the most unique material I've ever sampled. I am in no hurry, but I will be very excited to sample it again.

Did you just get audio distortions from DiPT, or did you find it a true full blown psychedelic (mind-expanding substance) like I did?

after lots of experimenting with this stuff here is what i've found to be true at various dose ranges for ME. Not everyone i know had the same response (but a lot did too):

<40mg - pretty much just audio distortion. Tones shifted down, male voices sound like Andre The Giant, female voices mostly unaffected. Music noticeably different but still recognizable. I am able to socialize easily at a party and i seriously doubt anybody knew i was on some crazy chemical. (aside from those who took it with me of course). All in all a fun time, but mostly a novelty at this dose.

40-60mg - Tones in music not only shift down, but up at times. Sometimes both at the same time. Listening to even my own music on cd is like listening to it for the first time. Only when vocals come in can i recognize a song.
My own voice and others are completely alien. Most voices and other non-musical sounds have a digital-effect-sounding metallic tinge to them. Some minor visuals during the peak and a sense of spacial distortion and a small degree of confusion were also present. (not in a bad way)

70-100+mg - Comes on fast and hard (more so as the dosage increases). A strange and colorful aurora-like haze around everything. My sense of hearing is useless as a means of communication. The best way i can describe voices is that they sounded like the cantina scene from Star Wars. Alien noises coming out of my friends' mouths. Music is indistinguishable from voices and vice versa. Every sound blended together in a way i cannot put into words. I was never at a +4 on this substance but at 125mg i was at one of the highest +3's i have ever been.
It would seem that (for me at least) my brain decided just to say "screw it" with all the crazy signals my sense of hearing was trying to process. This seemed to allow me to get more lost in my own thoughts and inner workings of my mind. Sort of the same way someone in a sensory deprivation tank would.

I hope this is helpful to someone. I am really not all that great at putting my psychedelic experiences into words.

Last edited:
^^^This is extremely benificial infomation for me n2o. Its great to find some reports on various dosages. Would you personally believe 70mg would be too much for a first experience? If so do you a recommended dose to begin with?

I know you asked N2O, but I am gonna chime in anyway. I am VERY sensitive to tryptamines. I actually wigged out on only 8 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT, a gentle and somewhat benign substance, though this was due in large part to the setting I took it in.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that tryptamines kick my ass and I didn't think 70 mg of DiPT was too much. It was very intense though, but in a gentle way just like Iprocin. I think you will be fine with 70 mg, but if you are worried then reduce it to 50 mg.