• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Extraction Thread - Second pull

I'm going to try extracting DMT for the first time, but all I have is acacia confusa bark. Would a A/B extraction like Marsofold's tek work?

first time dmt extraction

So i have a friend who is gonna be doing a dmt extraction at some point in the future. I am not curious about the process itself, although it is something I would like to stand in on and see how it occurs.
I dont know what chemicals or chemical processes must go on in order to extract dmt from the plant, as in I am unaware if there are harmful chemicals used in the process, but my question is this. Given that he follows the proper steps to an extraction, is there any possibility of creating a product that is potentially lethal? I guess this is an obstacle that every individual who has ever synthesized a chemical has dealt with.
I am not synthesizing and never plan on it, but do you think it is safe to ingest homemade dmt?

It is not a synthesis but rather an extraction so there is not nearly the potentioal for the DMT to be lethal. Your main concern would be purging all the solvents that he uses which can be harmful and carcinogenic over time, but nothing that is going to make you drop dead then and there, think tobacco smoke. The main chemicals usually used are lye, hcl acid, and naphtha. While these are not necessarily real nice compounds to be ingesting, if your friend knows how to properly extract, purge, and clean their crystal, there should be very little if any remaining in the final product.

If you know what you're doing, and treat it like you're cooking a recipe (follow the instructions), you'll be fine.

Of course if you go bathing in naptha, or trying to eat the lye crystals, you will probably hurt yourself.

Hey kids, Last night i stayed up real late after work...
Worked for over 12 hours on this little project, there are pictures to follow.

I have NEVER EVER before in my life seen so many crystals,
I used Acacia for my first time. Following the same process i do with mimosa.

Step one
3L of Water 400ML of Vinegar. Boiled for 2 hours.
with 454 grams of some of the BEST ROOT BARK, I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Filtered and repeated the process. Three Times. Saving the Vinegar Water Acacia Tea

Step Two
Then I Reduced the Tea down to a Manageable 750ML

Step Three
Preformed a 250ML Ether Pull on 350ML of fluid, after i emulsified it with 37 grams of Lye.
I used extra lye due to the sheer thickness of the brew despite multiple strains with a cheese cloth.
I preformed this on 3 Pyrex jars full of fluid.
I'm telling you right now, when i say, that the Ether was coming out pink and crystallizing inside of the syringe we were removing the ether layer with...
Honestly How much more is acacia capable of pulling or do you guys think i got it all.
Also, there is NO LYE in any of these pulls. This batch of acacia was just Potent...
Step 4
Freeze Precipitation.
In total from my first pull on 3 jars i got 12.7 grams.
roughly meaning i got 4.2 grams out of each initial extraction.
From 454 grams. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous.
But i've done this multiple times before and i assure you there is no lye in any of this.

Pictures to follow. Once my girlfriend gets home from work and sees her Birthday presents of a great big bowl of crystals.

I also got a Heinous amount of DMT N-Oxide, which i put onto some Lavender, which i find makes an excellent smoke for changa.

Then the NMT oil layer, i have not yet extracted as i do not have tools proficient enough to remove it without sucking up a bunch of emulsifications. i'm still trying to determine what i want to do with it, i tested a bit orally this morning, and i definately felt effects.
Like the initial rush of 5-meo-dmt. Just without actually going anywhere, or for very long.

This thread has been invaluable and full of advice, but I find myself still scared to venture. I was thinking about trying Nomans Tek as it seems rather simple, but there are a few things I'm questioning still.

First, does anyone have experience with Crown Pro Clean as an alternative to Naptha? I am unable to locally find VM&P Naptha, but found the linked at Lowes. When shopping, there was a sign next to the display that said "Looking for Naptha? Crown Pro Clean is an identical alternative." Should I keep shopping, or will this work?

Next, I find myself confused about the different stages of extraction(pulls?), heating & freezing, etc... I have 1kg of shredded MHRB, but I am pretty broke right now and I don't want to risk losing my source over seemingly simple procedures.

I do have a glass seperatory funnel as well, I am just confused as to when it is to be used. I am not a chemist, and this is my first venture into DIYDMT.

It's pretty embarrassing when even the Extraction For Idiots guides still confuse me.

^you use a seperatory funnel to seperate two layers of liquid (organic vs aqueous)

Did you by chance get around to taking those pictures? I'd love to get your insight. Im still so lost, even with all the resources of the world at my fingertips. I don't know what is causing this ignorant mental block thats not allowing me to understand this process. I've got my MS in Quantitative Economics, and I cant even understand basic Home Ec...8(8(8(8(8(8(

Hey kids, Last night i stayed up real late after work...
Worked for over 12 hours on this little project, there are pictures to follow.

I have NEVER EVER before in my life seen so many crystals,
I used Acacia for my first time. Following the same process i do with mimosa.

Step one
3L of Water 400ML of Vinegar. Boiled for 2 hours.
with 454 grams of some of the BEST ROOT BARK, I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Filtered and repeated the process. Three Times. Saving the Vinegar Water Acacia Tea

Step Two
Then I Reduced the Tea down to a Manageable 750ML

Step Three
Preformed a 250ML Ether Pull on 350ML of fluid, after i emulsified it with 37 grams of Lye.
I used extra lye due to the sheer thickness of the brew despite multiple strains with a cheese cloth.
I preformed this on 3 Pyrex jars full of fluid.
I'm telling you right now, when i say, that the Ether was coming out pink and crystallizing inside of the syringe we were removing the ether layer with...
Honestly How much more is acacia capable of pulling or do you guys think i got it all.
Also, there is NO LYE in any of these pulls. This batch of acacia was just Potent...
Step 4
Freeze Precipitation.
In total from my first pull on 3 jars i got 12.7 grams.
roughly meaning i got 4.2 grams out of each initial extraction.
From 454 grams. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous.
But i've done this multiple times before and i assure you there is no lye in any of this.

Pictures to follow. Once my girlfriend gets home from work and sees her Birthday presents of a great big bowl of crystals.

I also got a Heinous amount of DMT N-Oxide, which i put onto some Lavender, which i find makes an excellent smoke for changa.

Then the NMT oil layer, i have not yet extracted as i do not have tools proficient enough to remove it without sucking up a bunch of emulsifications. i'm still trying to determine what i want to do with it, i tested a bit orally this morning, and i definately felt effects.
Like the initial rush of 5-meo-dmt. Just without actually going anywhere, or for very long.

To get the NMT... I would think you could follow this recipe and get all the DMT with naptha just as you described but then once the DMT has been completley or even just mostly pulled, you should be able to get the remaining NMT with a toluene pull right ?

Using Crown Pro Clean-Up INSTEAD of Naphtha for DMT extraction? - Need help quick

Im in SoCal, and as such am finding it EXTREMELY difficult(ie. impossible) to locate Naphtha. I stopped by the local Lowes and they carried something called Crown Pro Clean-Up (chemical compound sheet here). When I was at Lowes, there was a card saying "Looking for Naptha? Crown Pro Clean is an identical alternative". Are we safe using this?

Are you kidding me??? Are you trying to tell e that you don't have lighter fluid in California??? Go down to a tobacco shop and get a bottle of zippo lighter fluid and bang you're done. If you want something even better try any hardware store and check the paint section, in America you can get something called VM&P naptha. I've seen it at ACE hardware when I've visited America. It should be in the paint section.
I don't live in America but I've had great success using Zippo lighter fluid which is a type of naptha. Don't use the crown clean stuff.

Again, I am not able to find VM&P naphtha ANYWHERE (Checked lowes, home depot, ace, do-it center & sherwin williams). I've read to not use zippo fluid. Im using Nomans tek, and with this how would I go about differently if using Zippo?

Zippo lighter fluid actually is naptha it's just not apparently as high grade as VM&P. Where I live you cannot get VM&P either and this caused me much stress as I thought it would affect the quality of the end extraction/conversion but I used less than zippo quality lighter fluid (Ronsonol lighter fluid) and ended up with spectacular results and pure white crystals (which did turn yellow quickly due to normal oxidization from the atmosphere but the quality remained too notch!
Use the zippo lighter fluid exactly as if it were Naptha in the tek because it is! To give you some reassurance buy the zippo fluid and squirt a bit onto a hand mirror and let it evaporate, see what's left behind, this will give you an indication of what will be left behind after you evaporate or freeze percipate at the last stage. I found both Ronsonol and Zippo fluid to evaporate pretty much leaving nothing behind.
The naptha is just a carrier to move your freebase tryptamine (DMT or any other) from the freebase solution into the naptha then freeze percip or evaporate. Lighter fluid works just as well as VM&P as long as it evaporates cleanly.
Good luck!!!

Crown Pro Clean up is not okay at all, find a product that has lower fraction hydrocarbons like hexanes and heptanes. There should be plenty of products fitting that picture, they may just go under different names. Generally I'd avoid fancy label cleaning products cause if they are really that fancy they are likely to contain some extra effective mix of solvents and surface actives.

Read the wiki's on stuff like naphtha and white spirits, write down synonyms for naphtha and go ask someone at a DIY store. It would be crazy if they don't have any equivalent or know where to redirect you to.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, guys! I wont use the stuff I have. Theres a hardware store about 20 miles away that may carry Naphtha, so Ill try there. In the mean time, I did pick up some zippo fluid and tried Nomans tek, while utilizing addendum 2 (.4 instead of 1ml)

Currently my mix is 75g MHRB, 75g lye, 1125ml water and added 30ml zippo fluid.

If I were to get naphtha, how would I add it to the batch? I have another 100g powdered mhrb prepared, just in case the fact that I already added zippo ruined this batch.

should i add more PURE clean naphtha to the brew when I get it? As of now, Im at .4ml for every 15ml of water. Should I use the clean VM&P naphtha and bring the total mix up to 1ml for every 15ml of water?

should i add more PURE clean naphtha to the brew when I get it? As of now, Im at .4ml for every 15ml of water. Should I use the clean VM&P naphtha and bring the total mix up to 1ml for every 15ml of water?

Probably...the more Naptha you use...up to a point...means less product left in the thin layer you won't be readily able to pull off the top of your aqueous layer.

The higher your DMT to NPS ratio the more DMT you lose or leave behind every time you spill a little or leave a little behind.