• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DMXE (3-me-2′-oxo-PCE, deoxymethoxetamine) Thread

Yeah, my main concern was with Bupropion inhibiting CYP2D6. I suppose all that would happen if DMXE was metabolized with that enzyme is that the DMXE would be stronger similar to when one takes DXM with Bupropion. I imagine the possible SRI effect of DMXE is leagues below DXM so I assume it'd be safe.
Now I may be wrong, but one of the big metabolism by 2D6 is O-demethylation (well dealkylaton) of methoxy groups attached to an aromatic ring, like dihydrocodeine to dihydromorphine, so shouldn't be a problem for DMXE. The DXM/DMXE statement though, er are you absolutely sure, because these are high stakes investments (your life vs an assumption: get as much data about two compounds interact with other receptors before plunging in.

Because the effect the group and it's position on the ring alter binding affinities. Think how many different qualitative psychedelic experiences comes from simply altering the group at the 4 position in psychedelic amphetamines (I've had DOM, DOB, DOT, TMA-2 and they are different psychedelic experiences). You're seeing the same thing in altering the ring components (and to a lesser extent with the amine group). Ketamine has a 2-chloro group (and is N-methyl), MXE is 3-methoxy (and N-ethyl). DMXE is 3-methyl & N-ethyl, so it will be a bit similar, but the oxygen lone pairs altering the overall electronic configuration of the molecule. If the receptor has an amino acid that would attract the negative charge of the lone pair electrons, it would alter binding affinities. That applies to all the separate electronic charges on the atoms attached at various points around the ring.
FXE has a approximate same sized atom, it also has 3 lone pair groups of electrons. It will be slightly different to MXE, but the only other option is an ethoxy group. Looking at the 3 D structure of the amino acids of the receptor, you can take a guess at which will be similar affinities.

So the bottom line is that these molecules affect the same receptors in slightly different ways due to the shape and charge? Or is it chiefly about the ratio of activation between different receptors? Maybe nobody knows? I guess the reasonable approach is to consider all possibilities.

Nothing i've read seems to really explain the difference between ketamine-like dissos and MXE-like dissos, except for the idea that MXE is serotonergic, which the effect profile seems to confirm since it's a bit warmer and similar to classic serotonergic psychoactives. This subjective quality to me is similar with DMXE. Yet you, the creator of MXE, seem quite certain that DMXE doesn't have serotonergic properties. At least that was my interpretation from a previous iteration of this discussion. Or is it some other property that is conferred by this electron configuration?

So the bottom line is that these drugs affect the same receptors in slightly different ways due to the shape and charge of molecules? Or is it chiefly about the ratio of activation between different receptors? Maybe nobody knows? I guess the reasonable approach is to consider all possibilities.

Nothing i've read seems to really explain the difference between ketamine-like dissos and MXE-like dissos, except for the idea that MXE is serotonergic, which the effect profile seems to confirm since it's a bit warmer and similar to serotonergic psychoactives. This subjective quality to me is similar with DMXE. Yet you, the creator of MXE, seem quite certain that DMXE doesn't have serotonergic properties. At least that was my interpretation from a previous iteration of this discussion.
I didn't say doesn't, just it's nowhere near MXE's activity is what I meant to convey. It's the right molecular shape, just doesn't push the button anywhere near MXE

I didn't say doesn't, just it's nowhere near MXE's activity is what I meant to convey. It's the right molecular shape, just doesn't push the button anywhere near MXE

So i'm right to interpret this as DMXE having a serotonergic activity lower than MXE but higher than ket or PCP analogues?

"Doesn't" was an exaggeration on my part.

So i'm right to interpret this as DMXE having a serotonergic activity lower than MXE but higher than ket or PCP analogues?

"Doesn't" was an exaggeration on my part.
The electronic configuration/charge separation on molecules is what makes them stick together: look at water, how those hydrogen bonds to lone pair electrons is a game changer

Yeah, my main concern was with Bupropion inhibiting CYP2D6. I suppose all that would happen if DMXE was metabolized with that enzyme is that the DMXE would be stronger similar to when one takes DXM with Bupropion. I imagine the possible SRI effect of DMXE is leagues below DXM so I assume it'd be safe.
I would guess that DMXE is primarily metabolized by CYP2B6, as this is the primary metabolizer (via N-dealkylation) of both ketamine and MXE in humans. Actually it used to be thought that CYP3A4 was the primary metabolizer of ketamine, because although CYP2B6 has higher affinity, CYP3A4 is expressed at higher levels. It turns out that CYP3A inhibition has no effect on ketamine AUC while CYP3B inhibition raises it by about 2.5-fold.

CYP2B6 affinity has a very strong correlation with lipophility, and this explains the increasing CYP2B6 affinity (and decreasing duration) when going from DCK->2F-K->K->2Cl-K. DMXE is predicted to be about 6x more lipophilic than DCK and 2.3x more lipophilic than MXE, which explains the decreasing duration when going from DCK->MXE->DMXE (assuming of course that the CYP2B6 affinities follow the aforementioned LAR).

In the case of MXE, O-demethylation probably isn't very relevant, as after 2hrs of exposure to human liver enzymes, HXE is still only present at 1/7 the level of MXE. This aligns with the reduced potency and drastically reduced duration of DMXE relative to MXE, despite somewhat similar NMDAr IC50s—altogether supporting the notion of phase 1 metabolism mostly via CYP2B6 N-dealkylation.

Can I put my twopennethworth in? Well I will anyway.

It may be just one less oxygen than mxe, but that oxygen is vital, as far as I can see. There needs to be an atom with lone pair electrons on the 3 position. DMXE doesn't have such an atom on the 3 position. It'll be a dissociative, but not like mxe. Now fluoxetamine, I reckon it is the true replacement hope.

I actually find DMXE closer to MXE than any other dissociative I have tried. Although I have not tried FXE yet (despite having some).

You should be fine. Not that I recommend it, but my friends and I used to LOVE combining MXE and MDMA. You only want to take about 1/3 of your normal dose of MDMA, but there is a great synergy. And DMXE, I believe is less serotonergic than MXE. I've never experienced any worrisome side effects, but that doesn't mean it's safe to so what me and my friends did.
We decided to forgo the roll this weekend. The thought of an intense drug experience was giving her anxiety. So when we hung out I did DMXE and gave her a couple of my vicodin. Cocaine, alcohol and opioids were always her drug of choice but she hasn't indulged in any psychoactive besides alcohol and weed in a while. So the vicodin reminded her that altered states of consciousness are pretty fun. She's been struggling bad with depression lately so she got cold feet on the MDMA due to the prospect of a suicide tuesday. So next weekend I'm going to introduce her to dissociatives via 2f-dck considering its gentle nature, I'm hoping it'll pull her more towards the dissociative, empathogen, psychedelic mindset vs her coping with alcohol and weed. She drinks a little more than I'd like, so I'm hoping to introduce her to more healthy coping mechanisms via altered consciousness.

I actually find DMXE closer to MXE than any other dissociative I have tried. Although I have not tried FXE yet (despite having some).
I agree after my recent excursions with DMXE. FXE I dont find too similar to MXE but DMXE + FXE very well may unlock that MXE Key. I'll have to order more FXE and try it out.

Last edited:
What I can tell you is, that I'm treating this chemical like nothing else - except the FXE :geek:

I wouldn't have thought that, since the MXE is long gone, there actually could be anything like it again, but with those two, all my expectations have been far exceeded!

I mean even if the rest of Earth's population would tell me the difference, and would have a completely opposing opinion, mine wouldn't change - cuz something subjectively absolutely wonderful happened last week, with the arrival of those chems, i.e. the DMXE as well as the FXE, and what happened when I had these encounters with them!

I can't even tell if I would be just as happy, as deeply satisfied, and overwhelmed (to a certain extent) if I would only have tested one of them alone, but those two days, at first the FXE and on the second, the DMXE, did something so remarkable I could admittedly even think of, that it's only like this for myself and myself alone...

I don't know, how could I, but I'm really in love :In love:
Mxe is not long gone <3

I established that this material is indeed decently orally active, btw. Did not run any insufflated trials to compare relative potency. But my general, longstanding general philosophy of "if it works orally, take it orally" seems to stand as the ideal route of administration -- my FXE insufflated trials would have been far more enjoyable orally, I believe. With that N-ethyl group protecting the amine as being the apparent broadly favored grouping for the class, no reason to think that any of them shouldn't be effectively orally active. The pitfalls of Ketamine's oral bioavailability are "fixed" by that extra carbon protecting the amine.

I may or may not have accidentally ingested 300-400mg of DMXE orally this weekend when I did not intend to ingest any.

Overdose symptoms lasted 2-3 hours (beginning about 1 hour after ingestion) and were similar to a combination of k-holing and serotonin syndrome.
Extremely heavy vomiting, extreme sweating and overheating, unconsciousness, the kholing mental experience, memory loss, confusion, etcetera.

Was not a fun time.

How did that happen? Glad you’re okay.
I’m happy to explain the full story in PMs, essentially I just mixed it up with a non-psychoactive supplement capsule cause I wasn’t looking at which one was in my hand before I took it.

It was my first accidental ingestion, and I truly hope that it is also my last.

Mxe is not long gone <3

I hope you're right about that. Unscruplous darknet vendors can sell "MXE" for exorbitant prices and it can be FXE, or DMXE (which is fairly close to MXE in effect). I have also seen vendors selling old stock for very high prices. But it'spossivle someone managed to synth it for real. I have always wondered why the fuck no one produced it despite the ban... MXE is legendary, you could sell as much as you could make. But yet, in many years since it disappeared, not once have I seen that happen. I have seen quite a number if bogus claims of MXE, though.

Aimed for Easter, but a consumer has to test products upon delivery, right?

Of course not, but I was on the whiskey when shit arrived.

Sweet sweet dissociation, longed after for half a year. Memantine is nice, but noisier than a DMXE + hooch combo.

Maybe the fact DMXE is so cold compared to MXE means it bothers the inner ear less.

I have gone through a few grams of DMXE at this point and am starting to wonder how it will fit into combos. I have tried a few combos out that have turned out well, and there are a few I'd like to try but am unsure of due to the safety.

The combos I have tried:
DMXE + Buorenorphine: I do this every time I use DMXE because I am on buprenorphine treatment. It doesn't seem unsafe at all for a opioid dependent individual to mix the two I haven't noticed worsened respiratory depression and I've really pushed the dose with the DMXE. Not sure if I'd be as comfortable mixing the two if I haven't already been on suboxone for a few years.

DMXE + Mirtazapine:
I've taken DMXE with. 2.5-15mg of Mirtazapine and haven't run into any issues. I'll usually take the mirtazapine after the DMXE has long ago peaked to help me get to sleep. Haven't noticed any issues. Unsure of the safety of taking DMXE with Mirtazapine in your system first or if it'd make a difference at all

DMXE + Weed/Delta-8-THC:
I don't smoke weed much. I used to but then one day the plant turned on me amd started giving me panic attacks. I recently discovered Delta-8-THC which his less prone to bringing me into anxiety. The other day I was with my life and took a fat Rio off of their indica cartridge and I'm not used to smoking flower or oil, let alone while on DMXE. It got me extremely stoned. It started to become a little uncomfortable, but then I realized I could distract myself from the intensity by making love, and we had some of the most amazing, primal, animalistic and beautiful sex we've ever had. DMXE has been showing itself to me to be a beautiful sex drug. It makes me incredibly creative in my love making, and am willing to try some positions that I never would have thought of sober and that have all turned out amazing. Plus I find DMXE to be a dissociative that leans heavily towards the creative and empathetic, which mixed with its lessened physical dissociation compared to other dissociatives leads some fantastic sex where climax and physical sensation are both possible and enjoyable.

DMXE and 2CB:
These 2 combined really well. DMXE throws me in a mindspace where I feel ready to receive and accept whatever lesson the psychedelic may have to offer. Plus the dissociatives aspect seems to make the body load more manageable.

DMXE + 2CB + 4-HO-MET:
This also combined smoothly. Done it twice now and both were beautiful trips. I always do the DMXE first, followed by the 2cb, once I peak on the 2cb I either fo more 2cb until I've reached where I want to be. Once I get settled into my 2cb peak and feel ready to trip a little harder, I throw 12-16mg of 4-HO-MET into the mix and it has been beautiful the two times. Highly recommend. I also will usually pepper DMXE bumps throughout. Not sure if it's my now lower speed tolerance, notna great batch, or the combo of the drugs, but its not feeling as euphoric as I remember and I'm a bit focused on my BP which is definitely a bit raised and my heart rate is obviously quicker.

DMXE + 2CB + 4-HO-MET+4-ACO-DMT:
This one was also nice and was the first time I dosed DMXE+2cb+4homet. Towards the end of the night I realized I wanted to keep tripping and add a touch of more serious introspection, so I took around 12mg (i think) of 4-aco-dmt. Mixed well. Did turn the experience into a more serious direction but wasn't unenjoyable.

DMXE + 2CB + 4-HO-MET+ O-PCE
This combo was also very nice. Towards the end I started adding small bumps of O-PCE to feel. Didnt go too heavy with it but did seem to help turn the DMXE into a more full-fledged dissociative experience. Not groundbreaking but not bad. I'm sure it'd have gotten real intense if I had pushed the dose of O-PCE higher or my tolerance was a little lower.

DMXE + O-PCE:
Again, kind of turns the DMXE into a more full fledged dissociative experience. Adds heavier physical dissociation while adding some of that confused mental headspace. When doing this combo I've been keeping the DMXE level fairly high and the O-PCE dose low. So the high is mainly DMXE with a little bit of O-PCE rounding out the edges. I have yet to try the other method where O-PCE is laying the foundation and I round out the edges with DMXE.

DMXE+ Meth:
Tried this the first time just now basically.
Took DMXE yesterday and before bed. Woke up after a few hours of sleep and was unable to get back to sleep. My last DMXE dose was right before I fell asleep. Woke up not feeling wonky but with how much DMXE I did the last 2 days it's still gotta be in my system. Too a few hits of meth from a pipe after waking up; maybe 4 or 5 hours after my last DMXE dose. So far so good. Not great. First time using meth in a while.

My roommate apparantely did a decent amount of coke after him and I did DMXE one night. I had gone to bed and he had a friend over and him and his friend shared a g of coke. He didn't seem to complain of any negative side effects. Not sure how long after his last DMXE dose that his friend came over.

So far DMXE has proven to be one of my all-time favorite drugs. It regularly throws me into this mood and state of mind where I'm just happy to be alive and I feel comfortable with myself and who I am and have a lot of self love and love for others. It has a powerful creative drive, a strong empathogenic side, is a wonderful sex drug and just gets me feeling like I'm lucky to be a live, which isn't a feeling that comes to me easily. Seems rather forgiving in terms of effects, not that it can't get intense,but that the headspace is rather gentle and forgiving.

I am curious to hear other combos people have tried. Particularly interested in hearing reports of DMXE plus other dissociatives or psychedelics. Also interested in hearing about DMXE plus empathogens, whether MDMA/MDA, or 6-APB/5-MAPB or any of the benzofurans. Also interested in hearing of it mixed with any stims. I can see it being amazing mixed with Meth or some other amphetamines. Just not sure what would be more safe and/or more enjoyable, doing the speed before or after the DMXE? I am also really interested In trying DMXE + 5-MeO-Mipt or 5-Meo-Dipt so if anyone has tried either of those combos please LMK. DMXE and 5-MeO-MIPT are both so unique and sexy that I think it could be a fantastic combo for bonding experiences and making love

Last edited: