• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DMXE (3-me-2′-oxo-PCE, deoxymethoxetamine) Thread

Has anyone combined this with suboxone yet? I'm on 12mg of Suboxone a day. I've mixed buprenorphine with plenty of dissos; 3-cl-pcp, 3-fl-pcp,mxpr, fxe, etc. I just always get paranoid when mixing it with a new disso. I know respiratory depression issues are rare with dissociatives, but I imagine any respiratory issues would be more of an issue with a close MXE analogue than with Pcp analogues

Has anyone combined this with suboxone yet? I'm on 12mg of Suboxone a day. I've mixed buprenorphine with plenty of dissos; 3-cl-pcp, 3-fl-pcp,mxpr, etc. I just always get paranoid when mixing it with a new disso. I know respiratory depression issues are rare with dissociatives, but I imagine any respiratory issues would be more of an issue with a close MXE analogue than with Pcp analogues
If you’ve done it with other dissos I think it should be ok… only real caution with dmxe is the serotonergic activity.

Oh god... this is possibly an unpopular opinion but, I'll say it. I think if you're at the point in your life that you are concerned about the amount of time a substance is going to last, and whether people are going to be able to tell that you've used anything - you should actually just wait.

The experience will be tainted by the anxiety of that concern, and honestly, it will just be so much better when you're actually at a place in your life that you can do these things without irritating and somewhat... childish concerns like that. You'll also be mature enough to approach your usage with an exponentially lower chance of developing any kind of problem. It'll just be so much better if you wait.

If you're going to do it anyway though, as you probably are (this is a harm reduction forum, I know, I'll try to stray from just say no, just wait til you're married type advice, I know that might be a bit unwelcome) - I'd personally give yourself a day. If you absolutely have to do shit in the afternoon... give it at least 8 hours. Ketamine I'd be comfortable saying you'll be OK by 3 (although in actual fact - you'll be down by 1) but DMXE is newer, longer lasting, less predictable, consider also the chance you might like it enough to think that redosing can't be that bad a plan - and you may also think you're pretty sober when you really are not. The second best option after an entire day is doing it in the early evening, like, 7, 8 PM? And just not planning to do anything where it will matter if you've used any mind altering substances or not until the next morning. That's just IMHO, I was more reckless than this myself, I expect you might be, and you might well get away with it, but, I cannot bring myself to give any less conservative advice.
like methoxetamine, the length was amazingly long

Think I'm finally gonna give this one a whirl today! I'm still a little nervous about it interacting with suboxone, so I'll take it slow. I'll probably do 10mg bumps every 1 or 2 hours until I get to where I wanna be. At this point I do have a pretty decent dissociative tolerance, so I'm not expecting to get a whole lot from it today.

I do feel a bit better about its possible interactions when I keep in mind that just a month or two ago I was mixing like a gram of FXE in a night with my suboxone, so I'm sure it'll be fine

Does this stuff have a smell to any of you? I just tried 5mg snorted for my first time and the smell reminds me a lot of benzofurans. So I used a Marquis reagent testing kit and tested a small amount and it tested like a benzofuran would. I'm wondering if maybe there was a mix up with my vendor. My test kits also are kinda old so thats another variable. The consistency of the batch I got is a lot like benzofurans I've gotten

Edit: Tested some 3-FL-PCP with the same test it and it tested the same. I think my test kit is well passed its expiration date.

Did the 2nd half of my 10mg tester and when snorting it does smell exactly like a benzofuran and when chopping it up it has the consistency of a benzofuran. Not crystalline, not like a sugar but kind of like a slightly sticky powder. Also feel like I could perceive some seretonergic activity at the 10mg dose. So I'm thinking there may have been a mix up at the shop.

Does DMXE have a distinct smell to anyone who has snorted it?

Last edited:
Does this stuff have a smell to any of you? I just tried 5mg snorted for my first time and the smell reminds me a lot of benzofurans. So I used a Marquis reagent testing kit and tested a small amount and it tested like a benzofuran would. I'm wondering if maybe there was a mix up with my vendor. My test kits also are kinda old so thats another variable. The consistency of the batch I got is a lot like benzofurans I've gotten

Edit: Tested some 3-FL-PCP with the same test it and it tested the same. I think my test kit is well passed its expiration date.

Did the 2nd half of my 10mg tester and when snorting it does smell exactly like a benzofuran and when chopping it up it has the consistency of a benzofuran. Not crystalline, not like a sugar but kind of like a slightly sticky powder. Also feel like I could perceive some seretonergic activity at the 10mg dose. So I'm thinking there may have been a mix up at the shop.

Smell to me is similar to MXE - gasoline, mustard and dirt, in a good way. Fluffy powder.

I agree it feels more serotonergic than other dissociatives. It's a nice touch for sure. I gather MXE had serotonin activity and my feeling is DMXE has even more of that. My friend had some yesterday and remarked that it's quite MDMA-like.

Feels intense yet benign to me.

Smell to me is similar to MXE - gasoline, mustard and dirt, in a good way. Fluffy powder.

I agree it feels more serotonergic than other dissociatives. It's a nice touch for sure. I gather MXE had serotonin activity and my feeling is DMXE has even more of that. My friend had some yesterday and remarked that it's quite MDMA-like.

Feels intense yet benign to me.
I can't recall how MXE smelled, it's been too long I suppose. Tonight I only did 10mg separated into 2 different 5mg bumps, while already being on a 3-HO/3-FL blend. I was gaming during the experience and even with 5mg I noticed a physical warmth, mental calmness and increased desire to connect socially; but it dulled my ability to focus. Dissociatives almost always increase my ability to focus while gaming. Benzofurans like 5/6-APB have a very distinct smell and taste. I've only snorted them once or twice for this reason, the smell and taste combined churn my stomach. This stuff smelled exactly like that. The vendor that I got it from also supplies 5-MAPB and that's why I'm wondering if there was a mix up. If I feel up to it tomorrow, I may try a 40mg oral dose of whatever I got and I think I will be able to distinguish what it is. I've done 5-MAPB a number of times although its been some years, so I'm familiar with its effects. I've never done DMXE but am very experienced with dissociatives, so I should be able to locate any dissociative activity happening at that point.

I can't comment on the smell of DMXE but the MXE that I used to get never had any smell. It barely had any taste. Sort of salty I suppose. Very unusual for a drug to have such little taste and smell as MXE.

I can't comment on the smell of DMXE but the MXE that I used to get never had any smell. It barely had any taste. Sort of salty I suppose. Very unusual for a drug to have such little taste and smell as MXE.
+1

There were at least 2 MXE synths there, one rocky like sugar and other more like regular white powder. The sugar were the best one by miles

Agreed, the sugar crystals MXE was the truth. You couldn't convince me the difference between those was just placebo.

Agreed, the sugar crystals MXE was the truth. You couldn't convince me the difference between those was just placebo.
Interesting. I bought MXE twice with I think ... a 16 months spread? Both times, it was a white powder, which had a very light odor. I still have like 200mg from the second bag. I wouldn't care for trying to smell it again. Though it didn't burn like 2C-xxx, 10mg of it would insure that I couldn't breeze through my nose for the next 24 hours... In which way was the crystal batch superior to powder? Did the crystal batch come out first?

Yep, the crystal came first. It was qualitatively superior (the high was same potent, but way more luminous/euphoric/deep/transformative). The powder was more, qualitatively like a drunk kind of dissoexperience, if you know what I mean

Interesting. I bought MXE twice with I think ... a 16 months spread? Both times, it was a white powder, which had a very light odor. I still have like 200mg from the second bag. I wouldn't care for trying to smell it again. Though it didn't burn like 2C-xxx, 10mg of it would insure that I couldn't breeze through my nose for the next 24 hours... In which way was the crystal batch superior to powder? Did the crystal batch come out first?

It just seemed to be a different experience in many ways, more magical, stronger (qualitatively and quantitatively, requiring a lower dose), more wonky, more euphoric. The fine white powder batch seems like it is lacking something, though it's still great. That's the batch I have, I had the good fortune of getting some recently. Also, the crystal batch seemed stronger orally than nasally, every time.... whereas the fine powder seems to be more potent nasally.

Strange though, no batch of MXE ever seemed to bother my nose whatsoever.

My guess is the reason for the difference is due to isomer ratios. I wonder if the synthesis route was different for the two?

Does this stuff have a smell to any of you? I just tried 5mg snorted for my first time and the smell reminds me a lot of benzofurans. So I used a Marquis reagent testing kit and tested a small amount and it tested like a benzofuran would. I'm wondering if maybe there was a mix up with my vendor. My test kits also are kinda old so thats another variable. The consistency of the batch I got is a lot like benzofurans I've had in the past

So I finally was able to try some of the first batch of "DMXE" that I got. It was 100% without a doubt 5-MAPB. Can't afford to send it into a lab, but I have gone through a ton of 5-MAPB in the past and the effects were identical. I informed the vendor so hopefully they'll be more careful from here on out. First time in over 10 years in the RC scene that I got sent the wrong chemical as far as I know

Last edited:
Would this be suitable for ketamine replacement?

I'm not up to speed on all the hypotheses about how ketamine mediates antidepressant effects. However, judging from my own experience, ketamine and DMXE work equally well.

My feeling is that the antidepressant effect is a direct result of NMDA antagonism and its stimulatory action on cognitive-emotional processing and neuroplasticity. I think that any time a person just sits down and reflects that much, it will be beneficial. The drugs are just making it easier, more reliable.

I'm not up to speed on all the hypotheses about how ketamine mediates antidepressant effects. However, judging from my own experience, ketamine and DMXE work equally well.

My feeling is that the antidepressant effect is a direct result of NMDA antagonism and its stimulatory action on cognitive-emotional processing and neuroplasticity. I think that any time a person just sits down and reflects that much, it will be beneficial. The drugs are just making it easier, more reliable.
I'm not that up to date either. Friend told me about ketamine treatment center, in closest biggest city. Three hundred dollars for a session,unless insurance covered it.

Something about NMDA . Neuroplasticity as well, if I'm not mistaken. Right it's not the drug causing changes, it's you The drug just allows you to do it easier, in more Crude words, will can cause a temporarily change.

So I finally was able to try some of the first batch of "DMXE" that I got. It was 100% without a doubt 5-MAPB. Can't afford to send it into a lab, but I have gone through a ton of 5-MAPB in the past and the effects were identical. I informed the vendor so hopefully they'll be more careful from here on out. First time in over 10 years in the RC scene that I got she the wrong chemical as far as I know

Bummer. Well at least 5-MAPB is less potent than DMXE... mixups can be really bad news when you're sent something far more potent. Which is a reminder that it's always recommended to do an allergy test and ideally, work up slowly with a new batch, even from the same vendor, even beyond the allergy test. And also have testing reagents on hand along with what color the drug should be. But even testing reagents can be hard to be sure about because there are only so many colors, and hundreds upon hundreds of different RCs.

Anyone familiar with, or recently received, a grey batch of DMXE? Semi-clumpy material, sticks to itself a bit.

All my previous experiences with DMXE have been with a batch that is off-yellow in color with a sand-like consistency. I recently received a new batch that is different (grey, semi-clumpy powder). Ive climbed up to 20mg so far -- it's definitely a dissociative and does feel similar to DMXE, though maybe also a bit different? My tolerance is high so 20mg is a very small amount for me and perhaps the reason I can't recognize it as DMXE yet, but figured I'd ask around before pushing farther.

Anyone have experiences with this grey DMXE batch? Or any familiarity with any batches besides the standard yellow, sandy, "pack of pokemon cards"-smelling one?

Anyone have experiences with this grey DMXE batch? Or any familiarity with any batches besides the standard yellow, sandy, "pack of pokemon cards"-smelling one?
I've only tried the brownish sand batch.

Would this gray batch have also been made by a reptile-themed laboratory?