• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Yeah I've been debating it in my mind for a while. I've never had a psychedelic dose that I thought was too high, except one time when I fell into the void the whole time on acid. Since its not often that I get time off I was thinking its better to go a little to high and get the full picture of what its like than to take too little and be underwhelmed. I have a weirdly high tolerance to most drugs, even opiates and benzos.

Damn man, that's a lot for a first time if you've never experienced it before. I mean, usually just 2mg has me buzzing hard for a good long ass time.

Yeah I would suggest starting with 2mg that is a full on +++ for most people. I personally have done 5mg many times but I am very experienced with this drug and I'm good at channeling the excess energy. The come-up on a dose like that is pretty intense and it last at least 24hrs, so if it gets overwhelming you will be in it for the long haul whether you like it or not. The stimulation is a beast at that level and the visuals are min boggling, it's one of my favorite drugs.

Personally tho my stash I have right now I will only be dosing 1-2mgs sporadically spread out over a long period of time. It's a very special compound and I hope you enjoy it, but please take your time and start out lower, I have known people to have challenging times even on 2mgs when I dose them so keep that in mind. You could always dose more at another time but if you take to much from the rip and get in over your head it may be regrettable.

I have taken DOC probably around 100 times, and I have never gone as high as 5mg. Usually 2mg is perfect for me. 3mg has me tripping very hard. I did 4.5mg once, but it was divided into 2 doses 4 or 5 hours apart, and it got pretty hectic, though it was a good trip in the end. For me, the vasoconstriction is noticeable at 3mg and above, whereas at 2mg, it isn't.

Yeah, 3mg is a solid dose for sure.
Even a Day after 200ug of lsd a 3mg doc dose hits hard.

Its not the mental looping side effects that is most worisome with doc.
For me it carries a strong body load that can be quite intense on and off.
The combination with the long duration can make it a issue.

Doc is actually a very nice drug for lower doses, even 0,5-1mg gives a good body high with some sparkling.

Personally i feel doc works best as a base substance.
Then i will be using nitrous, ket and cannabis to keep it interesting.
Even cocaine works nicely with doc (small doses spread out)
And some seem to love it with mdma.

I personally enjoy DOC most at 2mg. 2.5mg is nice, too, but the side effects start to become noticeable (totally manageable) at that dose. That puts me at a +++ reliably. If you don't have experience with psychedelic amphetamines, then I'd say start low and get a feel for it. DOC offers a little something different at each dosage, and it steps up its game quickly. It's plenty active at 1.5mg. I'd be reluctant to go over 3mg on my first time even if I was a hardhead with other substances, because 3mg is already plenty strong.

I personally enjoy DOC most at 2mg. 2.5mg is nice, too, but the side effects start to become noticeable (totally manageable) at that dose. That puts me at a +++ reliably. If you don't have experience with psychedelic amphetamines, then I'd say start low and get a feel for it. DOC offers a little something different at each dosage, and it steps up its game quickly. It's plenty active at 1.5mg. I'd be reluctant to go over 3mg on my first time even if I was a hardhead with other substances, because 3mg is already plenty strong.
Most people even thinking about trying DOC are probably quite experienced/Hard headed.
Its a very good substance with some unique effects.
However its not LSD and shouldnt be treated like it.
LSD can get you very high and take you to some tough spots.
But as long as you dont do anything really stupid then you are fine.
DOC however has a steep curve where shit gets real above a certain dose.
It will hurt you if you overdose, this is a real risc and alot of people have been injured from overdosing dox substances.

If you went through the trouble of getting some real DOC i would treat it with alot of respect.
Try like 1mg at first and just get to know her, its better then going all in and end up somewhere you cant recover from.

So I ended up starting with 3mg after the advice here, rereading a bunch of reports, and especially after a friend spontaneously brought up a memory of when they did 2C-E and I was there for them when they had a rough trip.

I have a high tolerance to a number of different drug types including psychedelics (LSD, mushrooms, ayahuasca, mescaline, 2C-E, TMA-2) and opiates, benzos, and MDMA. I'd love to find a good genetic test for metabolic enzymes to maybe learn more about why someday.

Any way I mention this high tolerance so that the effects I describe aren't seen as normal for the dose I took.

I had blotter and took it sublingually on an empty stomach at 7:30AM. Wow it was bitter! A special kind of bitter, maybe acrid is an apt word. I started to feel the first effects at about 30 minutes, a slight sensitivity in the energetic field of the body, especially to the feeling of electricity in the skin. This sensitivity increased very slowly and steadily to a peak at about 3 hours, and was joined by an intensity of brightness in the visual field and an energetic push that built up in the body. I haven't used stimulants much so I can't compare the energetic component to anything else. I was out hiking in the wilderness and the it was good to be hiking with that energy. I could see the potential for this energy to become tension and anxiety producing. At the peak there was a moment where sounds were echoing in an overlapping way that I often hear with mushrooms, and there were some subtle open eyed visuals where the felt roof of my car had some designs that looked like the Aztec calendar. Both these effects only lasted a couple of minutes. After about the 3 hour mark the effects very slowly and steadily dropped down and this was so slow and steady its difficult to say when I was 'down'. I would say I was pretty much down by the 10-12 hour mark, however there was a lasting energy that kept me up until 17 hours after i took it.

For the majority of the trip I also felt very much like I have on psychedelics for the past few years: bright, open, grounded, embodied, at ease and free. I felt very secure and grounded. I felt, and typically feel on psychedelics, another kind of energy, not a stimulating energy, more a flowing energy that might be what they refer to as shakti in Hinduism. It pushes through my body and subtle body and reveals any blockages and by bringing awareness to them opens them up. This process used to be very intense but after years of work it seems like the most intense stuff has opened up so it is much easier these days.

It felt very much like LSD with an extra added energetic push, although I don't think I had a high enough dose to feel its full character. There was not the same body high as I experience with mescaline. There was some slight GI discomfort and I'm glad I took it on an empty stomach. After I few hours I could eat and that helped with the discomfort.

I would like to do it again and increase the dose slowly to find the right dose. I feel cautious about the stimulating effects and their potential to create a tense anxious trip. I was with my partner during the trip and she brought up some difficult stuff about our relationship and I was able to hear her without being as defensive as normal.

Nice. I only ask because I used to eat DOC powder and the taste was essentially unnoticeable.

Hmm, I found DOC powder to be relatively bitter, but not very bitter, not like most other psychedelic chemicals. But definitely not unnoticeable by any means.

Never noticed personally. Probably because it's such a tiny amount that I'd wash down immediately.

Just saw someone mention notably bitter, acrid tabs and thought I'd check in. Good to know people are actually testing their stuff.

My DOC solution (1mg/mL with alcohol) tastes like alcohol with an extra bitter edge, but only a mild bitter edge. I've tasted pure powder and let it dissolve on my tongue to see what it tastes like, and it's definitely bitter, but easily tolerable, not a sharp bitterness.

I've also had DOC blotters, and I found them just a bit bitter, but not strongly so. You can definitely taste it, so you can tell it's not LSD, but it's nothing like NBOMes, which are very bitter and numb your tongue.

the bitterness was only felt with the blotter on top of the tongue, when I left it under the tongue there wasn't much taste

I find it to be detectably bitter.

Sounds like a nice, if mild, experience.

I have an inkling of an idea that whatever is causing you to be less-sensitive to psychedelics might not be metabolic. Receptor morphology? Psychology? Who knows.

I say this because my sensitivity to DOC seems to be pretty average, but for me the duration is extremely short. At 2.5mg (a reliable +++,) DOC lasts only 12 hours for me from dosing to down and able to sleep. I clear DOM and DOPr similarly quickly. I think the most likely explanation is that I'm a fast metabolizer.

Wow, even DOPr? That's nuts. That stuff lasted well over an entire day for me. I took 6.6mg (a large dose) at 10am, stayed up and tripping absolute balls that whole day and night, tripped through the next day, visuals didn't go away until 10pm the next day (36 hours) and I had to take 3mg of etizolam to sleep at 3am.

Psychedelics have changed for me, in terms of duration and sensitivity. When I was young, I always came down sooner than everyone else, and needed larger doses than everyone else. LSD in particular, I couldn't trip on it even when I took 3 times as much as my friends and they'd be rolling on the floor talking nonsense and talking about the walls melting. I also used to get really intense bodyload and difficult come-ups. But as I've gotten older, something has changed, and now I am really sensitive to them, get zero bodyload, ever, and they last a LOT longer. I can take a half a hit of LSD now at noon and have a hard time sleeping that night. DOC messes with my sleep for 2 nights usually, it's why I don't reach for it nearly as often anymore even though I love it.

I find it to be detectably bitter.

Sounds like a nice, if mild, experience.

I have an inkling of an idea that whatever is causing you to be less-sensitive to psychedelics might not be metabolic. Receptor morphology? Psychology? Who knows.

I say this because my sensitivity to DOC seems to be pretty average, but for me the duration is extremely short. At 2.5mg (a reliable +++,) DOC lasts only 12 hours for me from dosing to down and able to sleep. I clear DOM and DOPr similarly quickly. I think the most likely explanation is that I'm a fast metabolizer.
Is it known why DOx tend to have such long lasting effects? My own guess would be that they have low dissociation constants and unbind from the receptor slowly. If so the short duration for you could be do to receptor morphology as well. What makes me think my own tolerance is likely a metabolism issue is the range of drugs - MDMA, psychedelics, Opiates and Benzos.

Wow, even DOPr? That's nuts. That stuff lasted well over an entire day for me. I took 6.6mg (a large dose) at 10am, stayed up and tripping absolute balls that whole day and night, tripped through the next day, visuals didn't go away until 10pm the next day (36 hours) and I had to take 3mg of etizolam to sleep at 3am.

Psychedelics have changed for me, in terms of duration and sensitivity. When I was young, I always came down sooner than everyone else, and needed larger doses than everyone else. LSD in particular, I couldn't trip on it even when I took 3 times as much as my friends and they'd be rolling on the floor talking nonsense and talking about the walls melting. I also used to get really intense bodyload and difficult come-ups. But as I've gotten older, something has changed, and now I am really sensitive to them, get zero bodyload, ever, and they last a LOT longer. I can take a half a hit of LSD now at noon and have a hard time sleeping that night. DOC messes with my sleep for 2 nights usually, it's why I don't reach for it nearly as often anymore even though I love it.
That's interesting. I've heard that age reduces drug metabolism speed but I'm guessing your still too young for that

Last edited:
Wow, even DOPr?
Oh,I meant comparably short. I'd have to check my notes, but I think it was somewhere between 16-20hrs.
Is it known why DOx tend to have such long lasting effects?
If I were to guess, it would be that the alpha methyl substitution protects against cleavage by MAO. Garden variety steric hindrance would do it, but that's just speculation on my part. I'm fairly sure that oxidative deamination is the main way 2C-B gets metabolized by way of comparison.