• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

The basified end product was EXTREMELY visual for me which caught me off guard....now I used this same method to convert some DPT hcl to freebase which worked amazingly well and had vaped sone basified DPT oil on a "ceramic flavor disc" in a bong with no water a few days before so it's possible that there was some residual DPT in the ceramic flavor disc.
I will report back when I try it in a fresh ceramic disc but it's possible that it's much more active as a freebase when vaped vs the fumarate.
Also, my batch of MET was very very old which I got for free from a now defunct RC company and was completely red in appearance and made a red oil freebase.

I've had some nearly blindingly open eye visual MET trips and my father has actually broken through on it and lucidly described other worlds behind his eyes for almost an hour after smoking it. This is just from smoking the salt in a bowl of cannabis, too. There's definitely more potential in MET than I think most people appreciate, but maybe it just has a high threshold for piercing that veil for a lot of people.

This is an Erowid report about it that I always liked. The most notable part here:

What followed was one the most intense experiences of my entire life. Dwarfing all of 100+ previous DMT trips.

Obviously these trips are completely indescribable. All I can attest to was the level of intensity, detail, realism and colour was higher than anything I had ever had before. In a vain attempt to actually describe what was happening I would say I was staring into the face of a multi headed, multi bodied, almost robotic like creature with millions of eyes, perpetually changing shape and form yet remaining the same, that took up my entire field of Vision. It was realer and more detailed than anything in real life, and I was completely overcome by it. I was no longer aware of my body or the noise of the rain outside.

I must have said ‘What the fuck!!!?’ Over and over again 100 times throughout the entire experience as what I was seeing was completely unfathomable to me. The intense part probably only lasted around 3 minutes, with a still relatively strong after effect lasting another 10 or 15 minutes, which I spent curled up repeating phrases like ‘what the fuck?’ ‘Jesus Christ’ etc etc. I have never ever ever experienced anything like it. The entire experience was completely overwhelming yet positive. I felt no fear, only awe.

Looking forward to hearing about your future experiments.

I’m just coming down from 120mg (orally) of MET fumerate.

In my experience 120mg was not enough to produce intense results.

The headspace was minimal, but that was expected.

Visually there was very little going on, (no CEV) but one thing was peculiar, and I haven’t noticed this on other psychedelics.

Everything was slowly breathing, but then suddenly everything just completely stopped breathing for a fraction of a second, then continued. This kept happening many times in a minute. Like tiny fragments of the visual experience were cut out and replaced by a sober reality. Definitely new to me, and I’ve been tripping, off and on, for 25 years.

Frames on the wall kept shifting angles in a glitchy manner.

Another thing that was unique to these visuals was that I could see a framed painting slowly morphing while everything around it was perfectly still. Again like only the focus point was in the trip, and everything else was not included.

Very strange, I’ve only experienced my whole environment being affected, but this time it seems that the visual distortion was quite specific.

Other than that, there was no musical enhancement, no deep thoughts, but the bodyload was, and still is right now, pretty huge.

Walking around is clumsy.

I definitely need to try a higher dose next time, I’m sure MET has a lot more to offer. The effective dose is just a lot higher than other tryptamines. So 120mg is in reality, not much what MET is concerned.

In comparison, only 16mg of 4-HO-MET was a full trip for me, so it’s not that I’m hardheaded.

It was my first experience with this molecule, so I haven’t tried any other ROA’s.

Last edited:
I've had some nearly blindingly open eye visual MET trips and my father has actually broken through on it and lucidly described other worlds behind his eyes for almost an hour after smoking it.
I have smoked 100mg (sandwiches between cannabis) very carefully, and it never ever gets open eye visual beyond the peripherals. Amazing body high and great positive euphoric trippy headspace, but no matter how hard I try, I dont know if there is a breakthrough point for me.

I have smoked 100mg (sandwiches between cannabis) very carefully, and it never ever gets open eye visual beyond the peripherals. Amazing body high and great positive euphoric trippy headspace, but no matter how hard I try, I dont know if there is a breakthrough point for me.

Yeah, I've known enough people who used base tryptamines now to know that the sensitivity to them varies widely, and that I'm not the only one who's come to that conclusion. I know other people who also get practically nothing that would really be considered psychedelic beyond a high from most of them, even when pushing to really high dosages. I personally get hallucinogenic effects very easily from every one of them that I've tried, which is a lot of them (DMT, MET, MPT, MiPT, MALT, EPT, DPT, DiPT, DALT). They're some of my favorite drugs because of it, among other reasons. MET's not my favorite for its hallucinations though, the thing I like best about it is the fact that it works as a good rapid-acting antidepressant for me. It reminds me of 4-HO-MET in that the visuals are very vivid for me but to some extent they feel like eye candy without as much depth as other types of visuals.

I also get unusual reactions to DMT though where I don't get as much out of it as other people tend to say and I actually really dislike the way it makes me feel most of the time, whereas I really like most synthetic base tryptamines. They tend to feel great to me and give me visionary effects very easily which makes them hard to not love. I wish some people could experience what I do from them but everyone's got their thing, I need dosages of 4-substituted tryptamines that Erowid would call very high or much higher than that and still tend not to have experiences as crazy as some people that make me jealous.

Yep, it's all super weird. I doubt that it's a metabolic enzyme thing because high vaporized doses don't get me where I feel they should despite bypassing 1st pass metabolism. Nonetheless, I still feel like I should test out taking a RIMA before N,N-MET sometime. I'm guessing it's probably something else, maybe a receptor morphology thing.

Yep, it's all super weird. I doubt that it's a metabolic enzyme thing because high vaporized doses don't get me where I feel they should despite bypassing 1st pass metabolism. Nonetheless, I still feel like I should test out taking a RIMA before N,N-MET sometime. I'm guessing it's probably something else, maybe a receptor morphology thing.
You will need a sight less of a dose of RIMAs

it works as a good rapid-acting antidepressant for me
Absolutely, I get the same effect, and it seems to linger for several hours possibly a day. I love it too and I get a decently strong effect. It just does not get overtly visual OEV or CEV for me. I can't deny the CEVs but they arent crazy in my face. I actually find DET more visual OEV, equal or similar CEV, but I prefer MET for it's rich warmth.
I actually really dislike the way it makes me feel most of the time, whereas I really like most synthetic base tryptamines
Hmm this I find pretty interesting. I've only tried a few base Trypts, NMT, DMT, MET, DET, DPT, and DIPT. All trypts kinda share an underlying feeling but can be quite different than eachother. Besides the underlying tryptamine feelings, I wouldnt put DMT and say DPT in the same room. They are completely different to me.

Might be just me, but I love the low dose DMT for the body and I guess antidepressant effects. I feel like MET resembles the best part of the physical side of DMT and last a lot longer trip wise and antidepressant effect.

I wish I got real defined visuals from it, but I don't. Things get a bit wavy and colors look different. It never gets textured.

I've even combined it a few times with DMT (smoked), hoping to bring out METs visual character. While the two compounds came together comfortably, I still felt like those experiences were visually dominated by DMT.

If it is a matter of dose, I'll never reach it's breakthrough, though I really do enjoy MET.

Last edited:
I also get unusual reactions to DMT though where I don't get as much out of it as other people tend to say and I actually really dislike the way it makes me feel most of the time
I get this as well.

DMT used to be different, I used to love it, but since a few years, every time I smoke it, I feel completely alienated and confused afterwards.

I never thought of it as introspective, but now it sends me into the headspace of a vulnerable situation I found myself in, in the recent past. Like it makes me feel like I felt at that time, even though my mindset was great before. It ruins the rest of my day actually. I never see anyone mention this.

I just get really uncomfortable and feel very vulnerable, and absolutely confused now when I do DMT.

It’s been a year or so since I smoked it, but I left long periods in between before, and it was the same.

Also MET unfortunately did not have anti depressieve properties for me, in contrast to your experience, I felt pretty down the next day. Like I had a hangover.

The bruxism was annoying as well.

I Googled it, and bruxism can have something to do with either high, or low serotonin levels, I’m not sure why, tryptamines do not increase serotonin, they just bind to the receptors.

But this was only my first experience with MET, a different set will likely produce different results. And definitely will need a higher dose.

4-HO-MET is wonderful for me though, but not healing in the way mushrooms are, but not challenging either, visually very intense for me.

Has anyone managed to freebase it consistently? Using sodium carbonate it floated on top as an oil and disappeared.

So I shared MET with a group of cumbaya type hippies this weekend. They had guitars and were singing in a circle etc. I was surprised they were so enthusiastic being a research chemical but maybe it was because I described it as the closest structural analogue to dmt there is.

It's so light and easy going, I probably threw down .25g among 4 people in two pipes, and they wanted more.

They all loved it and kind of melted into a love puddle. It didn't phase me, and I was a bit annoyed with their "I can see your purple aura man" type chatter so I got up to socialize. Came back in an hour to check in, they were fine, tho it had definitely morphed into more than a love puddle and I wasn't really welcome back.

I would call MET as much if not more of a enactogen/empathogen than a psychedelic.

Really psyched to be trying this molecule again soon. I used it a few times in the haze that enveloped my life for a decade so no clear perception of its effects any more. But I recall it being DMT like with some differences of which I will explore with more depth soon enough. I'm getting a remarkably friendly vibe from this little bag of powder 😃

Absolutely, I get the same effect, and it seems to linger for several hours possibly a day. I love it too and I get a decently strong effect. It just does not get overtly visual OEV or CEV for me. I can't deny the CEVs but they arent crazy in my face. I actually find DET more visual OEV, equal or similar CEV, but I prefer MET for it's rich warmth.

Hmm this I find pretty interesting. I've only tried a few base Trypts, NMT, DMT, MET, DET, DPT, and DIPT. All trypts kinda share an underlying feeling but can be quite different than eachother. Besides the underlying tryptamine feelings, I wouldnt put DMT and say DPT in the same room. They are completely different to me.

Might be just me, but I love the low dose DMT for the body and I guess antidepressant effects. I feel like MET resembles the best part of the physical side of DMT and last a lot longer trip wise and antidepressant effect.

I wish I got real defined visuals from it, but I don't. Things get a bit wavy and colors look different. It never gets textured.

I've even combined it a few times with DMT (smoked), hoping to bring out METs visual character. While the two compounds came together comfortably, I still felt like those experiences were visually dominated by DMT.

If it is a matter of dose, I'll never reach it's breakthrough, though I really do enjoy MET.

Sorry I missed this, I've been really busy focusing on moving for the last few months.

I'm jealous you got to try DET, it's the only one of the straight alkyl chain combinations up to propyl I didn't get to try.

DMT feels specifically different from all other base tryptamines I've used to me in a way that I haven't put enough work into trying to accurately describe but it's easily recognizable to me when the feeling comes on. I figure it's just something about its pharmacology that it loses when you extend the tail bulk at all and that just doesn't really jibe with my body or brain chemistry. It just feels unpleasant and I want it to stop even when I'm fascinated with the trip. The synthetic base tryptamines I've tried can be very different from one another, but none of them seem to have that particular quality for me. I would like to be able to enjoy it more but the most recent time I tried, late last year, it was still that way. I haven't tried taking it orally yet though.

MET is great. I've probably used it the most of all of them except DMT at this point because of how often I wanted to smoke it for that antidepressant effect.

I get this as well.

DMT used to be different, I used to love it, but since a few years, every time I smoke it, I feel completely alienated and confused afterwards.

I never thought of it as introspective, but now it sends me into the headspace of a vulnerable situation I found myself in, in the recent past. Like it makes me feel like I felt at that time, even though my mindset was great before. It ruins the rest of my day actually. I never see anyone mention this.

I just get really uncomfortable and feel very vulnerable, and absolutely confused now when I do DMT.

It’s been a year or so since I smoked it, but I left long periods in between before, and it was the same.

Also MET unfortunately did not have anti depressieve properties for me, in contrast to your experience, I felt pretty down the next day. Like I had a hangover.

The bruxism was annoying as well.

I Googled it, and bruxism can have something to do with either high, or low serotonin levels, I’m not sure why, tryptamines do not increase serotonin, they just bind to the receptors.

But this was only my first experience with MET, a different set will likely produce different results. And definitely will need a higher dose.

4-HO-MET is wonderful for me though, but not healing in the way mushrooms are, but not challenging either, visually very intense for me.

I'm sorry, I didn't see this before.

That is very unfortunate, but yeah, I can definitely relate. It usually feels very similar to me from one experience to the next and just feels very harsh and unenjoyable. I tended to come out of it thinking something like, "Is that really it?" Eventually I learned to stop expecting more for the most part. I'm still hopeful that one day it could turn out to be more to me though.

That's too bad you didn't get the MET antidepressant effect either. Bruxism is just something that can happen with psychedelics though, 4-HO-MET actually gives me really bad bruxism sometimes too. Pretty much any effects that are caused by serotonin are caused by it binding to serotonin receptors so psychedelics can potentially do it as well. Hope you have a better experience if you try it again or did if you already have.

So I shared MET with a group of cumbaya type hippies this weekend. They had guitars and were singing in a circle etc. I was surprised they were so enthusiastic being a research chemical but maybe it was because I described it as the closest structural analogue to dmt there is.

It's so light and easy going, I probably threw down .25g among 4 people in two pipes, and they wanted more.

They all loved it and kind of melted into a love puddle. It didn't phase me, and I was a bit annoyed with their "I can see your purple aura man" type chatter so I got up to socialize. Came back in an hour to check in, they were fine, tho it had definitely morphed into more than a love puddle and I wasn't really welcome back.

I would call MET as much if not more of a enactogen/empathogen than a psychedelic.

In my experience people tend not to be that suspicious of research chemicals if you introduce the ones you have in a way that shows that you actually understand what they are and know what you're doing with them. I hear a lot about people being afraid of research chemicals (not without reason) but the people I've encountered more often seem excited to see that they're getting an opportunity to take a powerful drug they've never had before.

The comparison to DMT probably did help though. DMT is all the rage these days.

Really psyched to be trying this molecule again soon. I used it a few times in the haze that enveloped my life for a decade so no clear perception of its effects any more. But I recall it being DMT like with some differences of which I will explore with more depth soon enough. I'm getting a remarkably friendly vibe from this little bag of powder 😃

Hope you have a good time with it, and I'd be interested to know what you think if you have anything cool to report. :)

I really appreciate its lovey-doveyness. I wish it were just a bit stronger. Or more potent. Either, really.

Hope you have a good time with it, and I'd be interested to know what you think if you have anything cool to report. :)
Eh, nothing too cool tbh. I smoked about 50mg over the space of an hour or so. It was fumarate salt and felt harsh and generated a shit ton of smoke. Did get some beautiful CEVs of the morphing translucent hexagon type and OEVS looked like migraine aura, but mainly a sense of intense physical rushing ala DMT and nice euphoria. Effects lasted for maybe an hour but I was on AMT and found it hard to know when I was down again. I will probably try higher dose, but all in all, a very enjoyable, manageable psychedelic.

I did mix maybe 20mg in with 20mg of DMT and smoked that in a number of hits spaced over half an hour or so- definitely augmented the experience, DMT came out on top, but the physical euphoria was wild. Buzzing and vibrating, sonewhat reminiscent of 5MEODMT. My whole body felt liquid and like it was folding in on itself. My arms seemed like hollow balloon things that were just floating in space, legs felt like they immersed in liquid. Massive laughter too, almost wet my pants 😊😃

Eh, nothing too cool tbh. I smoked about 50mg over the space of an hour or so. It was fumarate salt and felt harsh and generated a shit ton of smoke. Did get some beautiful CEVs of the morphing translucent hexagon type and OEVS looked like migraine aura, but mainly a sense of intense physical rushing ala DMT and nice euphoria. Effects lasted for maybe an hour but I was on AMT and found it hard to know when I was down again. I will probably try higher dose, but all in all, a very enjoyable, manageable psychedelic.

I did mix maybe 20mg in with 20mg of DMT and smoked that in a number of hits spaced over half an hour or so- definitely augmented the experience, DMT came out on top, but the physical euphoria was wild. Buzzing and vibrating, sonewhat reminiscent of 5MEODMT. My whole body felt liquid and like it was folding in on itself. My arms seemed like hollow balloon things that were just floating in space, legs felt like they immersed in liquid. Massive laughter too, almost wet my pants 😊😃

That sounds fun, thanks for the report. :) 50 mg all at once gave me some pretty significant visuals, although it still wasn't particularly profound. It kind of reminds me of 4-HO-MET compared to mushrooms in that way. I don't mind using lower dosages of MET anymore because I don't really need it to be all that intense, and what happens even at lower dosages is usually still at least kind of interesting to me, and refreshing.

That's cool about the combo too. I've actually suspected for years now that MET might be a full or nearly full agonist at 5-HT2A receptors comparable to 5-MeO-DMT, and unlike DMT. This is mainly based off the observation that there is a scientific study that put psilocin at 16% efficacy and 4-HO-MET at 72% efficacy, and it put DMT at 40% efficacy, so the equivalent of MET if assumed to be equally stronger would be 96%. Since DMT and MET are so molecularly similar otherwise, I've wondered if perhaps MET is this way and if this might actually represent one of the more significant differences between the two psychedelics. I do actually find many synthetic tryptamines that seem to have higher efficacy than their natural counterparts to have more of a dissociative, "white light" kind of experience by comparison, which I would imagine could be an important component of 5-MeO-DMT's effect since there are multiple studies that put its efficacy around 100%, which is notably different from most other natural indole psychedelics.

Glad you liked the MET, would be interested to hear how that higher dosage goes too if you try it. :)

@Kaleida - I am really struggling to freebase the MET I have. I don't suppose you have found a way. Didn't work with sodium carbonate. Turned to an oil and then went back into solution. Not luck finding a way myself.

I am going to try basifying with NaOH and pulling with Ethyl acetate

Last edited:
I'd love to help you @Lostsoul2019 but I can't do that if you're set on freebasing, I've never done it before. I can tell you that I've actually never had any problems with just vaporizing the salts personally, I just layer them into bowls of cannabis and lower the flame slowly down onto a top layer of cannabis to melt the inside and they've worked fine for me. I can't technically speak to how they would compare to using the freebases though, I just know they've already worked fine for me, and that's considering that I actually seem to get a lot more out of base tryptamines than a lot of people already, so that might be saying something. If you're willing to try something like that maybe you could give it a shot, but I understand if you just want to freebase too.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do. :)

Someone else with some know-how might see this and have something to contribute if this thread gets bumped enough too.

I know MET dosage is quite high, so I decided to potentiate the trip with moclobemide.

I took 150 mg of moclobemide, and about 40 minutes later, I insufflated 40 mg of MET fumarate. I spent most of the trip on a walk in the woods.

For a tryptamine, it was very gentle on the nose. I had no issues with ingestion, even though my nose is sensitive. The substance took quite a while to kick in for intranasal use, as I began to feel the first effects after 30 minutes. These were mainly bodily sensations, such as pleasant shivers and a lightness of movement. My mood improved, and a slight euphoria emerged. The peak was after ~45 minutes, and something more appeared - a typical, psychedelic headspace. It wasn't intense; I could easily talk with a sober person without arousing suspicion. However, passing strangers in the forest made me feel uneasy, and I preferred to avoid them. Driving was also out of the question at that time, but an hour and a half after ingestion, I got behind the wheel, and it was okay. The visual aspect was okay, but nothing extraordinary. The perception of colors did not change significantly; I was more focused on wavy vision and drifting.

If I were to compare these substances to something, I would say it's a less visual DPT. The dosage seems similar as well.

I experienced a medium bodyload that started just around the peak. It manifested by slight nausea and a tight stomach feeling.

Duration: 4-6 hours.

Overall it's a cool chem, definitely more than just a curiosity on my resume

Thanks for posting this! I've long been curious about combining MET with moclobemide. It'd be great if you felt like posting this in the trip reports forum so that it's searchable. Thanks again!