• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

I'm on the fence about the rectal ROA for MAL. It's the best way to take a lot of phenethylamines in my opinion, but I'm not entirely sure that it offers much benefit with MAL.

Did you try another ROA ? I remember reading reports where users would suffer lots of nausea when taken orally. Rectally didn't prevent it for me - even though I can't say how much I dosed - but it was only one time, instant relief once it was done.

I've used it orally many times, intranasally at low doses twice, and rectally twice. I didn't notice a reduction in nausea when used rectally nor did I notice an increase in potency. I don't remember if there were significant differences to the quality, onset time, or duration of the experience. That's a small sample size, but between that and others' reports I haven't been encouraged. If I hear positive reports in the future, then I may revisit rectal administration.

I intended to combine MAL and proscaline yesterday, but in a moment of distraction set my proscaline dose out without taking it. When I finally remembered, I (wanting to get a good night's sleep) debated taking the proscaline (25mg) until finally deciding to two hours after my 15mg dose of MAL. Needless to say, I was unable to say much regarding how the two play together, as the MAL dose peaked hours before the proscaline kicked in completely.

The experience was fine, even useful, although it overstayed its welcome. So far, I find proscaline to be tiresome on its own at the doses I've used. I can't extrapolate much from this other than that they didn't seem to blend--it seemed more like they occupied different axes of the experience. Still, this wasn't a good test run. I'm not convinced that I'll get around to trying the combination again, though--it's a bit of a time commitment. If I have that kind of time, mescaline seems like a better use of my time than trying to dial in a weird combination.

Thanks for the mini-report. My sense from my few trials of both (actually just one so far of MAL) is that MAL is just superior to proscaline. Though proscaline has very little bodyload. I had one really good experience on it, nothing deep but absolutely lovely, great music and sensory enhancement. The other 2 times, I found it a bit edgy and boring. MAL seems to be more of a full-fledged psychedelic. I need to give it a shot at a full dose one of these days.

Edgy and boring are two descriptors that I would so far be comfortable using for proscaline. I think I might actually still find it valuable if it lasted only four hours - the plateau has been dull as hell at the doses I've tried so far. I've heard that it shines at higher doses (mixed reports here) and in combination with four substituted tryptamines (pretty widely acclaimed.)

I was hoping to harness the empathy and MDMA-like vibe of low dose MAL here, but flesh out the experience a bit with proscaline. It may have worked, but if I were to try it again I'd tweak the ratio. I ended up at a light +++ that was still dominated by the bland proscaline. In the future, I would take 20mg or possibly 25mg of MAL and then less of the mixer.

It was funny: while I was in the experience, I kept finding myself thinking that my time would have been better spent with something deeper, shorter, and sweeter like ayahuasca or psilocybin. And yet, I kept finding that the steady persistence of the space gave me room to reflect, to arrive at insights that I likely would not have in a shorter experience. It's just a big commitment of time and energy.

Got cavities filled week ago. They injected two shots, don't know I felt was a ml per shot, Of something like novacaine. Felt more alert for sure not sure if this raises brain chemical like dopamine or it was placebo

Few hours later weighed at 12 mgs Mal for first time and noticed brighter colors , fully functional. After I think thought it wore off , I seemed braver socially. It felt gentle and I liked the feeling. Less entacogenic than MDMA, mda and all entacogen s and they have their place.

Smoked some cannabis later on . Didn't notice a big afterglow next day , and maybe clouded by cannabis, as more of a disciplined cannabis user and usually like half a gram or less at a time

Two weeks before this did 2O mgs 5 mapbs and definitely felt it, as haven't used anything since September 2021 65 mgs 6 apb and before that Feb 2021 70 mgs 6 apb

I do know if the compounds are best rotated if doing more frequently. And I've never done low doses more frequently but I would think it would be okay to do low dose stuff once a week or once every two weeks for a short while untill another few months break?

Could always wait a week. These are almost threshold doses. I get one day off a week from a must be on my game job , no weed, nothing, and I would think I'd be okay to do this week but if it's not healthy, someone please chime in. I'm ultra concerned about my health.

Listening to your body but I feel healthy and would like to maybe try 15 mgs since 12 wasn't right overwhelming

These are almost threshold doses. I get one day off a week from a must be on my game job , no weed, nothing, and I would think I'd be okay to do this week but if it's not healthy, someone please chime in. I'm ultra concerned about my health.

No one knows. If you do a search for "psychedelics heart valve disease" you'll see that a lot of people are concerned that regular dosing will lead to heart valve disease. Is it a significant risk at low once-per-week doses? Anybody who says that they know is just guessing.

I would do mini doses a lot more often if I weren't concerned about this (and other unknown health repercussions). I'm trying to limit myself to no more than once every two weeks, but this is not based on any data, just my hunch.

I'm guessing this is best used 3-4 times a year when not using other psychedlic typtamines, phenethylamines or, entacogens per rule.of thumb?

ve used it two weeks apart 12 mgs then two weeks later 16 mgs. Both very light doses. Of course the more frequent the more breaks is best spaced. Any harm and or benefits in these lower doses more frequent every two weeks or once a month, after frequent doses than a break?

Last edited:
No clue - I'm not aware of any research specific to MAL.

I see no reason why it would either be neurotoxic or a depleter of monoamines like MDMA, so I wouldn't think you would need to observe the same restrictive dosing schedule.

I imagine that there are probably the same risk if valvulopathy that all drugs in the class theoretically possess. Until we see an epidemic of heart issues in aging festie kids, though, I personally am not going to worry too much.

I see no reason why it would either be neurotoxic or a depleter of monoamines like MDMA, so I wouldn't think you would need to observe the same restrictive dosing schedule.

I recently posted a criticism of psychedelic drugs that draws on Indian and Jewish spirituality in the Philosophy and Spirituality forum and it states that psychedelic drugs can oxidize serotonin. No one has addressed it yet, so I figured I'd post it in reply to your post.

'The use of drugs depletes ojas and deranges the prana and the tejas. A typical ojas-depleting drug is marijuana; others include peyote, psychedelic mushrooms, LSD, ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, and ketamine. One of the most serious problems associated with these herbal and pharmaceutical drugs is their effect of hyperstimulating the serotonin concentrations through a variety of mechanisms to create neuronal destruction from an excess of serotonin, which then becomes oxidized. In this oxidized form, the serotonin is neurotoxic.'

Gabriel Cousens. Spiritual Nutrition (2005). From the section 'Drug Use' in chapter 25. Emphasis mine.

See the full post here: The Damage Drugs Inflict On The Spiritual Body

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that - it made for an interesting read! 😊

There's a lot to unpack here, though, I'm afraid. For starters, the author moves fluidly through two wildly disparate systems of knowledge. Vedic metaphysics don't neatly overlap with western biochemistry. Acting as though they do well cause more confusion than clarity.

The author's proficiency with psychopharmacology and biochemistry seems weak, and that's being pretty charitable. It's complex; lumping all of those wildly different drugs together and making blanket statements about them seems reductive to the point of being frankly silly. Based on what the author was saying about the "serotonin system," I have to wonder what assumptions they're starting from.

I have to wonder who their audience is intended to be. It's a big ask to assume that a reader would be familiar with the material referenced here, and I honestly don't think the author himself is.

Anyway, if your takeaway is that you're worried that all psychedelics are neurotoxic because they oxidize serotonin, don't be. No evidence is being presented here that supports that. If you're worried that psychedelics deplete ojas and derange tejas and prana, you're right to be. There's no mechanism for evaluating the science there because there's no science there, but it seems pretty self-evident based on how they make us feel, I think.

Last edited:
I recently posted a criticism of psychedelic drugs that draws on Indian and Jewish spirituality in the Philosophy and Spirituality forum and it states that psychedelic drugs can oxidize serotonin. No one has addressed it yet, so I figured I'd post it in reply to your post.

'The use of drugs depletes ojas and deranges the prana and the tejas. A typical ojas-depleting drug is marijuana; others include peyote, psychedelic mushrooms, LSD, ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, and ketamine. One of the most serious problems associated with these herbal and pharmaceutical drugs is their effect of hyperstimulating the serotonin concentrations through a variety of mechanisms to create neuronal destruction from an excess of serotonin, which then becomes oxidized. In this oxidized form, the serotonin is neurotoxic.'

Gabriel Cousens. Spiritual Nutrition (2005). From the section 'Drug Use' in chapter 25. Emphasis mine.

See the full post here: The Damage Drugs Inflict On The Spiritual Body
Meh....
The REAL problem with the entire world of the occult is that is ultimately whatever you believe it to be.
This is one completely unverifiable opinion just like every single occult "theory".
Dion Fortune claimed in "psychic self defense " that aggressive music makes you a more aggressive person in the long run and vice versa based on the theory of intonation of magickal words and names... I know this to be absolutely false in the actual real world....I love aggressive music and violent imagery (death metal and horror movies ❤️❤️❤️)
And I'm truly one of the kindest and gentlest human beings you could ever meet... and say this is true of the vast majority of my extreme metal friends....this is because we experience those extreme and aggressive forces vicariously through the art we like and thusly aren't all that "aggressive" in real life.
Aliester Crowley was an absolute drug fiend and he was high as godamn kite when he wrote "the vision and the voice" which is imho one of the most beautiful books ever written!
His descriptions of the 30 Enochian Aethyrs are just dripping with beautiful and horrific imagery.
Drugs are just like anything....YOU can pick up a Screwdriver and decide if it's a useful tool or a deadly weapon.
But it's up to YOU to decide how to utilize them.

16 mg Mal s definitely seem more stimulating than 12 mg. No visuals as this is the beginning of a low dose.

I spent a lot of time outside walking in nature I also went to public places on the way to my walk but a lot of my walk was just on the earth out in nature. I think maybe if you want to be more calm just go out in nature and maybe if you want more excitement go around people. But I haven't done a even moderate or higher dose so I don't know what this is like around people and how it behaves or even out in nature

I usually drink some green and black tea and I didn't have it the next day so I don't know if that was it I felt also that kind of a headache and possible irritation.

20 mgs was nice. Fully functional, ride my bike to store, went shopping, went to an electric massage bed called the hydrobed. Hugged my parents, told them I lived them, as I've been wanting to do this. Went to gym and resistance exercise. Overall pleasant expirience , didn't see any tracers or anything. The sun felt so good, I'd recommend to do this in nice weather. I think I'd feel comfortable doing this dose with a friend. This is my third time in six weeks, and the most I've ever doses together, as I've always followed the once every three month rule for the most part.

Next day was fine. Everything seemed fine.

Finally got to take MAL for a spin at 65mg. Overall it was pleasant but pretty bland. Dont think ill do it again solo, perhaps a combination would be better.

7:00am 4mg Ondansetron

9:30 65mg MAL PO

11:30 First alerts, sudden strong pain in stomach. Had to lie down, one good barf session. Nausea was becoming irritating, I smoked some pot and it subsided.

12:00 Minor visuals noticeable, I do some nitrous to try and kick it up. It has a mucj weaker effect than when I mix it with other psych's.

13:00 Peak effects, some mild visuals. I am surprised at how neutral I have felt throughout, no positive push was noticed during the entire trip. Very slow and steady effects, none of the waves like tryptamines.

14:00 Bodyload isnt to bad aside from annoyong leg tremors and some intermittent nausea.

16:00 Feels like the trip is over, fading into that stimulated afterglow. Pleasant but not a lot going on.

20:00 Take 2mg of etizolam to settle in, hardly noticeable effects anymore from the MAL.

I really had high hopes for MAL, phenethylamines have always been my favourite psychedelics. Compared to 2c-t-7 it had a rougher body load with none of the euphoria/sexual sides. Visuals were much reduced as well.

Body load wasn't that bad but it was worse than 2c-t-7. Im thinking I will try this in combinations in the future with tryptamines and LSD. Need to find a use for it since I got 3.5g lol!

I've been doing this every couple weeks here and there. No sides that I see. Nothing like entacogens , as far as side effects. Highest dose was 25-30 mgs. For me more gentle than tyrptamines . I haven't used it too much.

I'll give MAL another try next week, my only experience so far was extremely powerful but my scale screwed me up (got a new one since). I hope I can experience it without being sent in hyperspace by surprise. I'll try 40mg plugged to minimise nausea, maybe split in two doses. Setting will be as usual for me : campfire, a tipi with matress and blankets inside, grass and trees, music, loads of water (I remember overheating last time), etizolam pellets if needed ... should be nice

I read here and there that MAL could lack some magic, not be very visual either ... has anybody tried mixing it up with a low dose of LSD to give it some kind of boost ?

I'll give MAL another try next week, my only experience so far was extremely powerful but my scale screwed me up (got a new one since). I hope I can experience it without being sent in hyperspace by surprise. I'll try 40mg plugged to minimise nausea, maybe split in two doses. Setting will be as usual for me : campfire, a tipi with matress and blankets inside, grass and trees, music, loads of water (I remember overheating last time), etizolam pellets if needed ... should be nice

I read here and there that MAL could lack some magic, not be very visual either ... has anybody tried mixing it up with a low dose of LSD to give it some kind of boost ?
Never tried it, but you probably can :) I imagine that in general feel it would be rather similar to acid & mescaline of which there are much more reports.

Ime MAL is very nice on its own, and there is some magic... ;)

40mg plugged seems like it would be a very strong dose, from what I recall, even 40mg oral is pretty strong. It should be about equal to 80mg oral which is way into the heavy dosage range.

I tried it at 25mg oral the one and only time so far, I found it to not be strong enough to really get a proper feel for it, at that dosage level.

40mg plugged seems like it would be a very strong dose, from what I recall, even 40mg oral is pretty strong. It should be about equal to 80mg oral which is way into the heavy dosage range.

I tried it at 25mg oral the one and only time so far, I found it to not be strong enough to really get a proper feel for it, at that dosage level.
Wait, surely there's not that much of a difference for MAL right? Never got that impression from experiences I've read, I'd think it's about the same potency otherwise people have been tripping hard on this drug =D but I don't know for sure, I guess it varies from person to person as well.

I took 45mg my only time and found it to be a great level, wouldn't have wanted to have taken more though, that's what I thought at the time at least.