• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

I edited your post, that name, while simply a brand name, leads way too easily to a specific vendor, and in fact is also the name of said vendor - so it had to be removed.

I also don't think we should encourage the use of such misleading names here. Let's stick to 2-MeO-Ketamine, or 2-MeO-Ket if we must shorten it. :)

I edited your post, that name, while simply a brand name, leads way too easily to a specific vendor, and in fact is also the name of said vendor - so it had to be removed.

I also don't think we should encourage the use of such misleading names here. Let's stick to 2-MeO-Ketamine, or 2-MeO-Ket if we must shorten it. :)

Oh, im sorry i didn't realise! Obviously you can see im new to this forum. I'll try not to make mistakes like that again. Always learning :)

which i suppose is fitting due to the fact it's the successor to MXE, and from what i read, maybe more potent?
Not a successor to MXE except in terms of marketing maybe. Also, see post #58 by adder in this thread:
I described it but it's not a "full on" trip report. It's very similar to ketamine, even in dosage.

Oh, im sorry i didn't realise! Obviously you can see im new to this forum. I'll try not to make mistakes like that again. Always learning :)

No problem man. Welcome to Bluelight :)

Regarding your post, I think it's more likely to be vendor hype if you're hearing it's more potent than MXE. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but from everything we know so far it should be a similar dosage to Ketamine, which is backed up by adder's post.

Of course as with any new drug one should start very low just in case.

This sounds very interesting indeed. Especially with the lack of legit ketamine around in the UK right now. Do we think this would share the glorious afterglow and lingering positivity that ketamine leaves the user with? I personally don't like MXE or find it to really do me any good after, more like depressed after it.

Good to see progress is still being made anyway.

Fuck 2-MeO-Ket, lets bridge the fucking oxygens and see what happens, turn the ketone and the methoxy into a MDO, only being half serious here, would like to see 2-MeO-Ket but I want to draw this thing out.

a>

vyl99x.jpg

Wonder how this would be? Bit more restricted, think its possible?

That's not an MDO, it's a peroxide, I think it would be very unstable, maybe even explosive.
EDIT: You also have the amine group in the wrong place, it should be at the same position as the phenyl group.

Last edited:
That's not an MDO, it's a peroxide, I think it would be very unstable, maybe even explosive.
EDIT: You also have the amine group in the wrong place, it should be at the same position as the phenyl group.

Was a little bit 'something' when I thought of the thing, swapping out an oxygen for a carbon might be a better option for it, was a bit too fucked up before but thank you for the input regardless.

Is this even available to people? I'm not asking anything about where and how... just AFAIK it was supposed to become available somewhere, then it fell through.

So I'd like for us all to know if this remains a thread solely for those theoretically interested or for the advanced experimenters like adder.

Dosage information is mentioned no more than a few posts above yours ^ apparently similar to that of ketamine itself.

Experience reports are scarce but what little I read made it sound like the major advantage would be a legal one, while the effects would be somewhere in between likened to those of K and more boring and less interesting than that.
This is just what I distill, but by all means: actually reading the thread may be a good suggestion.

If something I say is not accurate, let this be an incentive for you to chime in and correct me.

Yah, I have it available. I also am American and am not very experienced with Ketamine. I've only ever had premeasured doses so that statement just doesn't help lol.

As is said: peroxides like this are unsafe. They dissociate in violent ways, oxygen may be generated or the reaction might be very exothermic, the molecule may fall apart into two halves (not sure if there is a conjugation mechanism for a six-membered ring but still...).
But yes, placing the amine function like that resembles ketamine more than the other suggestions.

Please take this discussion to the popular ADD thread called 'I like drawing random molecules'. Seriously, if you want to discuss it, quote these posts here in that thread there and let me know so I can mod this 2-MeO-ket thread.

Is this even available to people? I'm not asking anything about where and how... just AFAIK it was supposed to become available somewhere, then it fell through.

Hope this isn't too close to sourcing - but yeh after it was announced by one vendor it all fell through, but I've heard from multiple sources that it's hitting the UK soon.

Edit: Asked for a trip report and as pointed out in the following post one is discussed at length on the first page. I'd already read it at least twice and managed to completely forget having done so 8)

Last edited:
From post #4 in this thread:
Route/dose: 100mg intramuscularly of HCl salt
Report:
This is ketamine with chloro group substituted by methoxy group. Like predicted before synthesis they are really similar. With such a dose i.m. it was easy to go K-holing. What’s the difference here? Chlorine is very electronegative but not as much as flourine. This is yet to be examined what concrete impact has methoxy group here because from subjective effects it’s really hard to tell if it’s more potent or less potent. Actually I see no difference. Well, at least I can’t report on any. This is as good as plain ketamine and if ketamine is easier to synthesize – why bother?

Will be gettin a sample soon, been told theres something similar to this but way to potent to be sold (even more so than mxe i guess)

Will be gettin a sample soon, been told theres something similar to this but way to potent to be sold (even more so than mxe i guess)

Let us know how it goes, and any idea if that second part something new or a reference to 3-MeO-PCP/3-MeO-PCE?

@yoyo50, I hope there is some way you can identify it really is 2-methoxydeschloroketamine. I should be in the UK soon but there is no way I can use any laboratory there. Also, the problem is no in-depth research concerning its toxicity is going to be performed unless it substitutes for ketamine and become a serious problem with many people getting addicted (e.g. nobody cared about chronic ketamine administration until a few years ago).

Nothing is really too potent to be sold because everything can be mixed with something causing no toxic effects even at bulk quantities. The problem is unknowledgeable people who would probably think they've been chiseled if they found out e.g. glucose mixed with the substance they ordered.