• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Movies for Tripping Thread

Yo. I've always wanted to watch Cloud Atlas or Life of Pi on mushrooms. I love both those movies.

I Know it's cliche as hell but ever since I watched Fear and loathing in las vegas on 2cb it's been the must trip film. :D
Watched it for the first time years ago when I was on Ativan and couldn't sleep. Gonna have to try watching it on 2CB next.

I could never sit still long enough for a whole movie on pretty much any psychedelic I think. Never tried, at most on the tail end.

I could never sit still long enough for a whole movie on pretty much any psychedelic I think. Never tried, at most on the tail end.
I watched Fantasia with a friend on ETH-LAD a couple days ago and it was beautiful but hard to pay attention to. Was mostly just playing in the background while I alternated between staring at the screen and talking to my friend about random shit. I don't think I'd ever watched a full movie on psychedelics before that.

I watched Fantasia with a friend on ETH-LAD a couple days ago and it was beautiful but hard to pay attention to. Was mostly just playing in the background while I alternated between staring at the screen and talking to my friend about random shit. I don't think I'd ever watched a full movie on psychedelics before that.
On ETH-LAD of all drugs? I can certainly see how it was hard to pay attention :)
You'd find me rolling around, little blotters of fireworks! (@perpetualdawn once described ETH-LAD perfectly concise, it was something fireworks alike but I cannot for the life of me recall what it actually was)

I watched Arcane peaking on 2 tabs of LSD and a microdose of MDMA.
Hands down the best movie/series I watched on psychedelics beside Cosmos.

Redline was the only movie I managed to watch completely while on acid.
Enough action and colors to keep you entertained.

redline-jp.gif

Wizard of Oz

Any of the Ice Age or Shrek series (especially on shrooms; you laugh so hard you need an oxygen mask)

Fantasia (original is best)

Yellow Submarine

Matrix series

Lord Of The Rings series

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Star Wars films are kind of fun

Forbidden Planet (especially for the sounds; it was the first use of a moog synthesizer in a movie)

If you have the PBS Documentaries channel, the 4-part NOVA: The Fabric of The Cosmos is amazing while you're tripping. It's just jaw-dropping sometimes
https://www.amazon.com/NOVA-Fabric-Cosmos/dp/B0060C4E90

I wouldn't necessarily recommend the whole movie, but that 20 or 24-minute sequence in "Tree of Life" that depicts the formation and development of the entire universe from the moment of the Big Bang up until the moment a character in the movie dies (including the formation of the solar sysystem, the cooling of the planets, the origin of life, etc), showing how for one family the entire 14 billion year history of the universe all led to the one, single instant that their young son dies, is jus mind-blowing while you're tripping or even stoned.