• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread - Inhalation #2

Nitrous has become one of my fav psychedelics. I get telepathic messages from entities every time I do it. I will put on some type of media like live-streaming random people or music, and somehow nitrous allows reality to be modified to where the people (that I don’t even know) are speaking about me specifically (in their voice etc) and it’s something related to my life.

What’s weird is sometimes the effect is still going after it wears off.

Sometimes strange thing will happen in sync with me in the environment, like cars honking 3 times then the live streamer bangs their hand on a desk 3 times. Like it’s happening on purpose to prove to me that it’s really happening the way I see it.

I have 50 pages of weird stuff I wrote on whippits, how reality works, I’d do a whippit and get an instant download. It’s weird, it’s like entities will just put thoughts in my mind or they’ll modify my vision and audio to trigger my own thoughts to think of something specific they’re trying yo tell me.

I’m obsessed with the experience and it’s addictive. Spent a lot of money.
It's been at least 3-4 years since I did nitrous but before then I was pretty obsessed with it as well. Initially for the partying but then for the mind bending psychedelic aspects. As long as you don't believe it then it's fine just see it as another trip. But yeah... a lot of money, once you start them you don't want to stop.

I can't even remember the most fucked up experiences as you tend to forget them but I wish I wrote them down, you definitely come to from a balloon and feel like you've learned something important but forget it straight away. I can vaguely remember:
  1. Hallucinating a ghost/entity walking over my bed as I lied there and I saw/felt the footsteps in the duvet fabric
  2. My vision splitting in two and turning upside down
  3. Having an imaginary conversation with my friend only 2 minutes later to be told I was just babbling to him meaningless sentences
  4. Inanimate objects appearing 'alive' for a couple of minutes and turning towards me from the corner of my vision (like a desk lamp)
  5. Weird images overlaying on my vision, one was Homer Simpson I think?
  6. Strange time hallucinations where it feels like I go back in time to a previous nitrous trip months ago... like nested trips
I get a similar kind of thing with relating live streamers etc. to my life on shit laods of ket. I feel like the streamer is speaking to me and I'm being watched through my laptop screen

Anyway I stopped because I developed some kind of tolerance to them which seemed permanent even with months of breaks. I wonder if I do them again whether I'll get an effect seeing as it has been so long

Did nos on lsd for the first time recently. 100% what a buzz.

One thing I found odd was I didn't really notice it whole tripping but when I did the remaining ones I had left the next day I noticed the gas seems to have a very distinct 'mechanical' taste and odd texture.

The balloons were just normal ones and when I blew one up with my own breath to see if the taste was from the balloon it wasn't any different from any other balloon I've ever tasted.

So it seems the gas itself is quite tainted. I noticed that the brand I bought is about 10-20% cheaper than other ones when browsing online stores in my country. I bought them at a head shop and it was the only brand they stocked.

Wondering what people's experiences are with this? Back in the day it was always this brand.. Can't remember but it was mostly red box and italic/soft shaped letters for the brand. These ones that taste funny are blue and white box and they seem to be the main ones that show up on aliexpress lol.

Also interestingly I didn't find they were blowing up the balloon as much as I remember. Maybe 75%%? I don't know if that part I'm imagining but I swear they seem a lot smaller. They also don't fuck me up as much, like I had to really be super efficient and it seemed like it took longer to hit and didn't hit as hard or as long? Just seems like less nos and what nos is in there is not even close to pure, maybe like 50% or some shit.

I dunno. Feels like kids nos or some shit. Something youd get in a happy meal. Not the real deal. What do people think?

Hmm little activity on the ole nitrous. Does anyone taste iron while doing whippets. Taste like my mouths bleeding. Makes me think there’s little metal shards I’m inhaling. A comforting thought indeed.

I just noticed the post above. It probably is some sort of residue I’m tasting though It only happens when the effects are most dominant.
Probably the disgusting balloon rubber mixed salvia that pools inside your balloon and you inhale into your mouth

After your next nitrous session dangle the balloon and see how much shit pours out

I only care for nitrous if I'm on a psychedelic already, if not, all I get is a strong buzz that feels good but wears off in 60 seconds and isn't anything special. But if I'm on a psychedelic, or an empathogen, it's outrageously fun and seems extremely profound in the moment, though I can never remember it. After many years, the best I can describe it is that I feel like I am reasoning out something on the cusp of being and nonbeing... I feel a vast cosmic irony (joke is not the right word), it feels like I am the universe about to reach the decision to just stop with all this ("this" being existence, the thing we're all experiencing). It can get quit dark, but it's extremely mind blowing and not at all scary. Then on the way out of it, I experience a bunch of synchronicities with extreme audio distortions. I am always sure I will be able to remember it, but never can. It feels like it picks back up where it left off every time, and also like the nitrous moments are part of a continuous experience had by many individuals across time. That's not exactly it but it's the best words I can come up with.

I bought 2 boxes of 50 today... I'm heading to a Burn tomorrow morning and I'm gonna trip a lot, and share the nitrous around. I'm sure I won't be the only one bringing some.

it feels like I am the universe about to reach the decision to just stop with all this ("this" being existence, the thing we're all experiencing).

Huh, that's what I experienced on MXE once while sitting in a room messing around with my breath. I was so high I felt I had complete control over it, and in a sudden flash indeed had the decision to just stop everything.. not even just the experience of this life, but also every experience that could follow. Quite terrified I decided to return, which felt like a failure, but also rather life-affirming.

I don't think I ever reported on it before, because it's a pretty bonkers thing to happen. Then again, it's probably where the Hindus get their idea of stepping outside of samsara from. Maybe with enough wet afternoons with nothing better to do they kept getting at it ending up desensitized to the shock and awe of that decisive moment. And still they chose to return, not out of fear but rather out of compassion for other beings whose suffering they're resolved to end. Or at least so the legend goes.

Anyway, nitrous has oxygen deprivation built into its rocket-speed dissociation, so it shouldn't be surprising our logs overlap here.

Nitrous has become one of my fav psychedelics. I get telepathic messages from entities every time I do it. I will put on some type of media like live-streaming random people or music, and somehow nitrous allows reality to be modified to where the people (that I don’t even know) are speaking about me specifically (in their voice etc) and it’s something related to my life.

What’s weird is sometimes the effect is still going after it wears off.

Sometimes strange thing will happen in sync with me in the environment, like cars honking 3 times then the live streamer bangs their hand on a desk 3 times. Like it’s happening on purpose to prove to me that it’s really happening the way I see it.

I have 50 pages of weird stuff I wrote on whippits, how reality works, I’d do a whippit and get an instant download. It’s weird, it’s like entities will just put thoughts in my mind or they’ll modify my vision and audio to trigger my own thoughts to think of something specific they’re trying yo tell me.

I’m obsessed with the experience and it’s addictive. Spent a lot of money.

What kind of messages are these? Would you care to share some examples? Maybe you'd like some external feedback.

I don't want to be rude, but what you're describing has some similarities with certain kinds of insanity.

I agree that nitrous gives amazing feelings, but to me they are just feelings and i would worry if they started taking on the character of delusional perceptions.

Do you know the risk of B12 depletion? Have you considered alternatives?

They keep telling me life is something like a game simulation. Also that I’ve gone through many previous lives, possibly infinite. They will do things in a humorous way to try to get me to lighten up about how hard life is. They will send me telepathic ideas about some things to try next.

Also for a while I was doing whippits to try to figure out what consciousness is and “they” would show me a different part of it each time. After a while though they start getting mad and weird shit will start to happen…

Like, they will break my dispenser, or make it get super cold way too fast. Other times it won’t get very cold at all. All sorts of impossible stuff happens like one time my hand was bloody after a whippit and I couldn’t see how it could have happened.

A few times they cranked my TV volume up to 99 (normally it’s at like 7 max). I really do think it’s actual entities but technically it could be my body doing it when I’m inside nitrous land.

Some of the things seem impossible though, just recently I only did like 20 whippits out of 50 and the entire dispenser was sooo cold it wouldn’t work (it’s one of those huge ones). Then a couple days later I was able to do 150 straight without it ever getting that cold. It’s like weird stuff happens to where I think about how it’s possible later and it makes me laugh because it seems impossible.

There were times I found whippits hidden in strange places, unused. Places too far away from where I was, there’s no way I could have ran over there while high to hide them.

All of the “impossible” stuff is stuff that is impossible to prove, like it’s designed that way to where you just sound crazy if you tried to explain lolz.

Oh also they told me that this simulation or life has many types of magical possibilities but they said “scientific method only please” because the normal logical reality is the best one. If lifeforms with consciousness could cheat or bypass the rules regularly it would be too much chaos.

They seem to want to show me various forms of proof that synchronicity does exist and “they” can move reality around. I kept seeing how all of our brains are sort of hooked up to this hidden network of communication, which acts to unconsciously direct our actions. So if you play the game right you can get more lucky.

They also told me that drugs and even psychedelics in general are a failed experiment for the most part.

I only care for nitrous if I'm on a psychedelic already, if not, all I get is a strong buzz that feels good but wears off in 60 seconds and isn't anything special. But if I'm on a psychedelic, or an empathogen, it's outrageously fun and seems extremely profound in the moment, though I can never remember it. After many years, the best I can describe it is that I feel like I am reasoning out something on the cusp of being and nonbeing... I feel a vast cosmic irony (joke is not the right word), it feels like I am the universe about to reach the decision to just stop with all this ("this" being existence, the thing we're all experiencing). It can get quit dark, but it's extremely mind blowing and not at all scary. Then on the way out of it, I experience a bunch of synchronicities with extreme audio distortions. I am always sure I will be able to remember it, but never can. It feels like it picks back up where it left off every time, and also like the nitrous moments are part of a continuous experience had by many individuals across time. That's not exactly it but it's the best words I can come up with.

I bought 2 boxes of 50 today... I'm heading to a Burn tomorrow morning and I'm gonna trip a lot, and share the nitrous around. I'm sure I won't be the only one bringing some.
Yeah, that pretty much nails it. Seems like our bodies react to nitrous the same way.

They keep telling me life is something like a game simulation. Also that I’ve gone through many previous lives, possibly infinite. They will do things in a humorous way to try to get me to lighten up about how hard life is. They will send me telepathic ideas about some things to try next.

Also for a while I was doing whippits to try to figure out what consciousness is and “they” would show me a different part of it each time. After a while though they start getting mad and weird shit will start to happen…

Like, they will break my dispenser, or make it get super cold way too fast. Other times it won’t get very cold at all. All sorts of impossible stuff happens like one time my hand was bloody after a whippit and I couldn’t see how it could have happened.

A few times they cranked my TV volume up to 99 (normally it’s at like 7 max). I really do think it’s actual entities but technically it could be my body doing it when I’m inside nitrous land.

Some of the things seem impossible though, just recently I only did like 20 whippits out of 50 and the entire dispenser was sooo cold it wouldn’t work (it’s one of those huge ones). Then a couple days later I was able to do 150 straight without it ever getting that cold. It’s like weird stuff happens to where I think about how it’s possible later and it makes me laugh because it seems impossible.

There were times I found whippits hidden in strange places, unused. Places too far away from where I was, there’s no way I could have ran over there while high to hide them.

All of the “impossible” stuff is stuff that is impossible to prove, like it’s designed that way to where you just sound crazy if you tried to explain lolz.

Oh also they told me that this simulation or life has many types of magical possibilities but they said “scientific method only please” because the normal logical reality is the best one. If lifeforms with consciousness could cheat or bypass the rules regularly it would be too much chaos.

They seem to want to show me various forms of proof that synchronicity does exist and “they” can move reality around. I kept seeing how all of our brains are sort of hooked up to this hidden network of communication, which acts to unconsciously direct our actions. So if you play the game right you can get more lucky.

They also told me that drugs and even psychedelics in general are a failed experiment for the most part.

I reconize this type of experience with nitrous. The difference is the interpretation.

I'm not saying you are delusional, but what you describe seems like a warning sign to me. You are skeptical, but also not far from actually believing these things which are so easily explained as drug induced confusion and which never appear in any other context than these short drug trips.

I do think dissociatives have real benefits in terms of refreshing our thoughts and feelings, but simply believing anything that could seem to appear is naive. Rather, the beneficial effect is a result of the intense run of confusing unusual experimental thoughts and feelings you just had, and it's totally okay that almost every single one of those thoughts and feelings was complete gibberish. It was your brain playing, having fun. Fun and play is all good, but there is an important distiction between that and... other stuff. Call it reality, chores, being a grownup...

I think i understand where you're coming from with this. I think you have at some point and in some way been denied the right to play. You have learned that play is bad. So your psyche tries to convince itself that your fun (nitrous in this case) is actually something way more important and serious than simple, stupid, childish and unproductive fun. Sorry if i'm wrong, just guessing. Anyway i think you are allowed to play and drugs are awesome regardless of whether you learn some important shit to show for it.

Last edited:
Why not relate the balloon sucking to breastfeeding while you're at it! :ROFLMAO:

Your critique applies to all of us to a degree, @Mjäll. But it's more conducive for an open, sharing environment if we try to keep paternalism and psychoanalytical reduction at a minimum. Dissociatives do wacky stuff, stuff that civilization might not last long enough for to fully understand, it's downright sci-fi. Nobody wants to feel like a dumb little child for honestly reporting on it.

Why not relate the balloon sucking to breastfeeding while you're at it! :ROFLMAO:

Your critique applies to all of us to a degree, @Mjäll. But it's more conducive for an open, sharing environment if we try to keep paternalism and psychoanalytical reduction at a minimum. Dissociatives do wacky stuff, stuff that civilization might not last long enough for to fully understand, it's downright sci-fi. Nobody wants to feel like a dumb little child for honestly reporting on it.

Maybe you are right. I still feel that was worth saying. I hope the person addressed doesn't feel humiliated. My interpretation was he/she was asking for an external perspective and advice.

My reason for not relating the inhalation to breastfeeding is i don't believe in that. However, i believe that feelings such as those i described are common in drug abuse and psychosis. The perceived need for rationalization becomes overbearing. Doing drugs simply for fun and enjoyment requires a self-love that everyone (at face value) deserves. I tried to show understanding and if i am wrong i want my advice to be duly ignored.

Last edited:
Btw nitrous is a big controversy here in Sweden now. Stupid people (kids and adults) are using it often without even googling the risks, and then claim no-one should even try it and it should be restricted. A 30 year old man had used nitrous bi-weekly to the point of temporarily losing his walking ability from B12 depletion mediated nerve damage - and blames the fucking drug. Can i walk off a cliff and blame the cliff? Does anyone want to prohibit alpine skiing? What a total idiot!

Last edited:
Maybe you are right. I still feel that was worth saying. I hope the person addressed doesn't feel humiliated. My interpretation was he/she was asking for an external perspective and advice.

My reason for not relating the inhalation to breastfeeding is i don't believe in that. However, i believe that feelings such as those i described are common in drug abuse and psychosis. The perceived need for rationalization becomes overbearing. Doing drugs simply for fun and enjoyment requires a self-love that everyone (at face value) deserves. I tried to show understanding and if i am wrong i want my advice to be duly ignored.
Fair enough. I just didn't want @yaesutom to be discouraged.

I don’t necessarily think the experiences are real, but they are super interesting. It’s like my mind has a simulation or model of the universe and nitrous makes it do crazy interesting stuff. I don’t really know but it’s super fascinating.

In the tinnitus thread @Mjäll gave some second-hand reports of tinnitus on nitrous. I gave a quick rant about it, but now I've looked a bit closer at its mechanisms it turns out that it does activate the kappa-opioid receptor (KOR), which is a red flag for tinnitus as I've regretfully personally experienced on 3-HO-PCP, the pharmacodynamics of which now turn out to have a significant overlap with those of nitrous oxide. In addition the gas does all sort of things with the ion channels, of which many types are present in the inner ear and which you generally want to avoid with tinnitus.

So nitrous oxide reads like a serious tinnitus risk on paper. Preloading with high-quality magnesium (generally associated with tinnitus prevention) and ginkgo biloba (KOR antagonism) seems appropriate harm reduction for anyone going on a nitrous binge.

If they are doing a nitrous study maybe they should contact me. I just added up my orders and in the last 4 years I have done almost 30,000 carts. I do get my blood checked fairly regularly and my B-12 is in the normal range but I take a supplement.
I have never screwed with balloons. I use a soda siphon with a toggle loader. You do need a real filter. I have a 2 stage filter. It goes through a bed of oil absorber then a 0.3 micron filter. The gas that comes out is pretty clean The soda bottle does collect a whole lot of oil. I wouldn't even consider using these carts without a filter.

I need to get some things straight. I introduced my stoner friend to nitrous and he thinks it is the best thing on the planet. Which it kinda it is.

However, sometimes he will say that he had a bad trip????

I have never ever ever experienced a bad trip on nitrous (I’ve done so much nitrous), neither have any of my friends, or anybody that I have spoken to who has done nitrous.

Is this cap?

I do believe that he smokes while he does nitrous so can the weed combination make him have a bad trip? He does not have bad trips on weed alone so I would not think so.

I think it may be a placebo affect(?) because he described nitrous as mushrooms to one of his friends and he has never done shrooms.

Last edited:
I need to get some things straight. I introduced my stoner friend to nitrous and he thinks it is the best thing on the planet. Which it kinda it is.

However, sometimes he will say that he had a bad trip????

I have never ever ever experienced a bad trip on nitrous (I’ve done so much nitrous), neither have any of my friends, or anybody that I have spoken to who has done nitrous.

Is this cap?

I do believe that he smokes well he does nitrous so can the weed combination make him have a bad trip? He does not have bad trips on weed alone so I would not think so.

I think it may be a placebo affect(?) because he described nitrous as mushrooms to one of his friends and he has never done shrooms.
Maybe he is smoking too much pot? Maybe he does not like nitrous oxide? Or maybe he is like a woman I know who was standing up inhaling nitrous oxide chargers and she fell flat on her ass, and broke her friend's parents' glass coffee table?

Maybe he is smoking too much pot? Maybe he does not like nitrous oxide? Or maybe he is like a woman I know who was standing up inhaling nitrous oxide chargers and she fell flat on her ass, and broke her friend's parents' glass coffee table?
He definitely smokes too much pot. I’ve tried to help him understand he’s addicted, but to no avail.

Also, is it such a thing to NOT like nitrous oxide?????

Actually, never mind, he didn’t like molly so it’s quite possible.

I suppose you bring your trip with you. If you start out in a bad mood, I doubt much will make it better until you deal with why you are unhappy. Doing drugs alone only makes that worse.