• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread

swilow said:
I often laugh at the people who are concered with offending plant spirits by boiling, burning, dissolving, extracting them, and yet eat animals.
The funniest part is that the same people often support a hardcore "scientific worldview" (i.e. their god's true name is Reason) , usually an amalgam of outdated popular science tidbits, and do not apply the plant spirit "rules" to other, equally powerful psychedelics.
As soon as they ingest certain plant materials however, they suddenly adopt a half-baked superstitious "shamanic" worldview of the kind that would make a shaman giggle if not laugh out loud.

No problem if it actually worked, but it usually just muddles the waters even more.

Oh well. Humans. :D

would any of you reccomend downing a few brewskis before eating shrooms if you are prone to having anxious come ups?

swilow said:
I often laugh at the people who are concered with offending plant spirits by boiling, burning, dissoving, extracting them, and yet eat animals.

In my opinion, the "spirit" of the plants aren't in each plant in the sense that boiling/dissolving/etc would harm them. Its more of like..the plants (or fungi) act as mediums which give access to the plant spirit's domain.

or something like that.

besides, some plants need to be boiled/charred/bitch slapped to procreate (seed scarification).

Ptah said:
I may be forced to wipe them out if they keep this up. :X

;)

I'm in, I think we could rally up a few more troops too....:X :)

Meat popsicles are so tasty, I don't know why you'd need anybody other than yourself to plow through mankind.

Ptah said:
and do not apply the plant spirit "rules" to other, equally powerful psychedelics.

Or other medicinal plants. Is it not a form of cultural or subcultural bias to not attribute a spirit to all plants, not just the ones that fulfill your hedonistic get me higher needs?

mjshroomer said:
And again, it is still not a good idea for people who take the medications as I noted they did with mushrooms or any psychoactive compound. IT does not mix.

And Valiums and other diazapam type drugs are used to bring someone off of a bum trip. IT is not good medicine to eat any of those drugs with shrooms. Thats polydrug abuse and I did notice comments to others about maybe they should stop taking all the medications they take.

There's a difference between popping some Valiums or whatever and then proceeding to take mushrooms, and taking mushrooms by themselves while taking your prescribed dose of Klonopin every night, as I do. There really is little evidence to suggest that doing so would damage or hurt the trip in any way. The two drugs operate on different parts of the brain, dealing with different facets of your brain chemistry. And I'm talking about light benzodiazepine medicinal use, not any sort of antipsychotic or antidepressant, those things are known to interfere with the way a lot of psychedelics work. But mild sedatives like benzos really don't. Oh I'm sorry for saying all that now the mushroom god will smite me. 8) ;)

jarv said:
This post is addressed to mjshroomer. Everybody else, please disregard.
If you really wanted that you'd have sent him a PM.
I'm offended at your implications that I'm happily taking the meds I do so that I can "poly drug abuse" and that furthermore, quitting these meds is as easy as rethinking a "maybe you should" comment someone random addresses to me over the internet.
You have a point sort of, yet I wonder why you or anybody in your situation (i.e. suffering from rather severe mental and/or emotional issues) would want to ingest psychedelics.
Which is as far as I can see more than a little risky if not downright goddamned st00pid, especially when medicated.
Mind you I believe it's very well possible to heal or overcome afflictions with psychedelic assistance, but with screwed priorities chances are that they'll get worse.

^^ You sound like you've got the right attitude, IMO. I definitely believe that living life medicated on psychiatric medications is no way to live and unhealthy to boot. But at the same time I have seen them help some people especially when used short-term to help get over something. I think some people just have a very fundamentalist view when it comes to drugs.

I respect completely MJShroomer's stance, especially since, not too long ago, I felt the same way. I wouldn't mix synthetic and natural psychoactives, and would pay my respects through meditation and prayer to the plant spirits before dosing and combining any two plants. Using plants in this way is very respectful and humbling. It is a good way to take the trip and get high and figure things out. It is a way of living the life, just as combining sleeping pills and shrooms is a way of living the life. So long as you understand and respect the power of the drugs you take, I think everything will work out. And even if you piss on the cow patty you just carelessly ripped the shroom off of and smoke crack at the peak to get a little higher, the plants and fungi are forgiving. I think they just might know us better than we know them ;)

synthetic and natural psychoactives

Increasingly, there is no difference. That said, I prefer plant-based drugs myself, but thats because they are easier (in all ways-legal, economic, aesthetic) in that sense.

As to plants being forgiving- a psilocybin mushroom (yes, I know, its a fungus) is a complex organism that contains a bit of psilocybin in it. It also contains proteins etc. all hallmarks of organic life. So my question is- is extracted psilicin holy? Are portabella mushrooms sacred? To me, that is such an out-dated an useless opinion. I respect plant-sprirts* in that I believe that they are united with me in a web of conciousness; but they certainly don't frighten me as if they are individuals who can harm me; I respect them for what is shown to me, but then I respect anything/anyone who presents the world in an alternative light. Or any light really. Just give me the Light!

*I also respect glove, sock, pencil, strudel, marinated-lemon-chicken spirits too. And 'grain of sand spirits'.

psychedelicious said:
I wouldn't mix synthetic and natural psychoactives, and would pay my respects through meditation and prayer to the plant spirits before dosing and combining any two plants.

I've never been able to get behind this attitude. I mean, respect the chemicals for what they can do in your body, but the root of the change is YOU, not the plant, you know? The plant might open the door, but behind it is all you.

Also, the excerpt from PIHKAL where Sasha talks about "chemical souls" comes to mind, and his idea that if you can believe in the spirit of a plant, there's no reason that you can't find "synthetic" psychedelics just as spiritual.

To Jarv: If I were on sleep meds and someone told me I shouldn't take p. cubs because it'd offend the soul of the mushroom, I'd slowly back away and then tell them they're insane. We're part of a community that is supposed to believe that psychedelic drugs can HELP people with problems, but then we go out of our way to tell people with those problems not to take them. If you go into it with the right attitude, and accept that this is a spiritual and psychological experience and not just a fun way to spend a Friday night, you'll be fine.

Be mindful of any potential negative interaction between the drugs on a CHEMICAL level, but beyond that the only spirit that matters in the trip is yours. If you're ready-- which you seem to be-- and you have the right attitude-- which you seem to have-- then go for it, and best of luck. I hope it helps you. The magic fairy inside the mushrooms will not be offended. :p

I wasn't saying I still think that, man, I was saying that I understand MJS's viewpoint because I have felt the same way in the past, when I first got into salvia - I thought it was the only drug I'd ever need, that it could teach me anything. That is long gone and past. I still would rather do natural psychedelics mainly, though, as they are generally better-researched and most definitely have been used far longer and have far fewer dangers associated with them. Plant spirit = chemical spirit = the spirit. No reason to treat any certain thing in the world with more respect than the others.

mushrooms, wow. where do I begin. I guess it all started when i was 14. me and a friend of mine decided to take an eigth of strong p cubensis. wow was that every going to be a gong show. It was about 800 we just ingested them by grinding them and turning them into powder so it could be easily digested.. It was washed down with the orange juice method. we all know that one. What an adventure it all turned out to be.... lets just say. I praised the convenience store like it was a god, and fell over many times. ran from the cops.

u know the usual
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PEACE ROFLX10

psychedelicious said:
I wasn't saying I still think that, man, I was saying that I understand MJS's viewpoint because I have felt the same way in the past, when I first got into salvia - I thought it was the only drug I'd ever need, that it could teach me anything. That is long gone and past. I still would rather do natural psychedelics mainly, though, as they are generally better-researched and most definitely have been used far longer and have far fewer dangers associated with them. Plant spirit = chemical spirit = the spirit. No reason to treat any certain thing in the world with more respect than the others.

Yeah, I didn't mean that you felt that way, I was just picking that idea out of your post and commenting on it, since it's a feeling a significant number of psychedelic users seem to have. No harm intended to you, or in fact to MJS either, although from what I've seen I disagree with him on some things. There's always room for polite difference of opinion.

Ah, ok, cool. Out of curiosity, MJS and Obyron, how did each of you come to your viewpoints? It seems to me like most of the people who take a stance similar to that of MJS have had very healing and spiritual-type experiences with natural drugs, while most people with Obyron's general stance have had more powerful or equally powerful experiences using synthetic drugs.

I felt as MJS feels for a while there after LSD had just kicked my ass and since salvia was helping me to fix up some emotional issues the acid trip had brought about. I thought salvia was the best thing ever, and the idea only grew stronger when my next LSD trip was extremely difficult (psychosis and the whole nine yards) and salvia, yet again, helped me to get through it.

While some mix certain drugs, such as the ayahuasca mixtures of which Ott wrote that there are over four hundred, I personally do not mix shrooms with anything but some smoke prior to consumption and some when I am coming down to sleep.

I had a friend in Hawaii, a person who always had access to LSD in the Islands from mainland friends, was on lithium, a prescription drug to balance ones level of personality. He had a violent reaction and started to bash is body against the wall of a department store in the heart Waikiki. He ended up in a hospital.

Later he learned that one should not mix certain drugs with such medication and especially not to take lithium which at the time had been prescribed by his doctor as a mood elevator.

Now Taking aid and some pot to smooth the acid is one thing. To take acid and pharmaceuticals or opiates is not a good thing. Of course, people who do so will tell you it is cool. For your body and mind it is really not.

I know some Psychiatrists I personally knew i the 1980s used MDMA on patients to help them with mental problems, Cancer problems in relating to their forthcoming death., etc, some of those also would give thei9r clients 2CB after they started to come down of of the MDMA. This is not good medicine to me.

Some use to use mescaline in therapy, the doctor would have to baby sit the client for at least 12 hours or more during a session. That is fine, then some would give the client valiums to help him sleep after a long experience.

Many people take DXM and shrooms or the same with acid, and many take acid two or three times a week and then wonder why they have to eat five or more tabs or blotter to get off.

Abuse is really eat and many let the drugs control their lives. It eventually brings a bad name to the plants one is using to alter their consciousness.

Police find people who do crank and coke, crack, meth, ice, etc mix them with acid, or bust them and find all kinds of other illegal items, guns, grass. When they bring those people in in a bust, There attitude ios see what this shit is doing to people.

Those mixtures and such cost all of us certain rights in the long run.

Kids who do MDMA and smoke pot go to raves on shroom candies and X, basically neither drug is a party drug yet many do this every week somewhere in the USA a Friday or Saturday night rave is going on.

A lot of teens who do DXM and smoke pot or eat shrooms are often caught stealing car stereos, CD-Players, Game Boxes to buy a $20 dollar and up gram of budd.

Statistics on those kids who do those mixtures of drugs is very high.

Currently A report was recently release showing that prescription medication was now the number one drug of abuse in the United States and that prescription drugs are abused by more people than all the other illegal drugs which cops and DEA and FBI bust people for in this country.

Mixing those drugs for a cheap thrill is not only bad for the individual in the long run, but it also hurts all of us who love to learn form such plants and drugs, whether synthetic or natural.

mjshroomer.

Sorry did not mean to rant