• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nootropics The Big & Dandy Psychedelics and Nootropics Interaction Thread

I would just like to add an experience I had yesterday with oral cannabis (cookie) and Vinpocetine.

Not as much is known about vinpocetine compared to other nootropics, but unlike piracetam there were no warnings or reports on combining it with 'psychotropics', so I didn't think there would be any synergy.

I took 5mg of vinpocetine (and had taken 5mg earlier in the day) and a few hours later ate a cookie.

Basically a couple hours into the experience I got astoundingly high and it was too much. It got to the point where I couldn't do anything. I couldn't be on the computer, I couldn't relax at all.

I started to have a full blown panic reaction. I took 0.5mg of klonopin which didn't really do the trick.

I started to play some acoustic guitar to focus my mind on that and found my creative abilities very enhanced but physically I was still quite uncomfortable. I went into a bit on a trance and just started getting really into, although I soon had to stop that too as I starting to go way off mentally, plus it was 4 in the morning and there are people that live upstairs from me.

I took 0.5mg of Xanax and another 0.5mg of Klonopin and within 30 minutes I was back in control. I was still a bit high but also very relaxed. I smoked a little DMT, which I find can be nice in the calm benzo state, watched the rest of the documentary and went to sleep around 9am.
------------

Anyway, the point of my report is to illustrate once again that nootropics and psychoactives can have unknown interactions, and its best to proceed cautiously, if at all.

^As I said, dangerous potentiation can occurr. Not just a heightening of effects, but actual alterations in the chemical soup of your brain leaving you more suseptible to psychedelics, which in turn could present both mental and physical dangers. I think you should read Xorkoths infamous 2C-E report and think again. I'mnot going to repeat myself to you, as you are aware of what my attitude on YOU using psychedelics is- I just want you to be careful, and it doesn't appear that directly combingng LSD/psychedelics with nootropics is something that much is understood about. Take care- this combo I would not do. Peace :)

If one wants to combine Piracetam with a tryptamine psychedelic like L is it best to first have been on the Piracetam a few days? Does it build in your system producing a stronger and stronger effect the longer you take it? Or can one just take a mega dose of Piracetam the day of their trip? The day of one's trip should they take Piracetam an hour before their psychedelic and then again in the middle of their trip and at what dosage?

I'm actually more interested in aniracetam, since it's a nootropic as well, but has much higher anti-anxiety properties than any of the others, and isn't as 'speedy' (if you want to call nootropics speedy, you know what I mean, hopefully).

I don't like aniracetam personally... it makes me feel funny behind the eyes in an inexplicable way. I found it to decrease my mental clarity instead of increase it. I don't really have anxiety issues though so if it has anti-anxiety properties they went unnoticeed by me.

As for building up piracetam in the system for interaction with tryptamines, my experience has been that a direct interaction only occurs when the piracetam is taken an hour or two before the psychedelic. Any more than that and it doesn't seem to do much. Taking piracetam regularly every day seems to have some gradual impact on your overall mental state, including your trips. But it's not really somethinhg you could notice except when looking back in retrospect.

Thanks for the tip. It was much appreciated. I wonder how DMAE, Lecithin and Rhodiola interact with psychedelics...

K so I started preloading on Piracetam last night. Took 2 grams late last night. Then took 2 g when I awoke this morning. Then I'll take 2 at the middle of today and 2 tonight. I'll continue using Piracetam a few times a day till I trip Friday on a new batch of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds.

You say if the only reason I'm taking Piracetam is in an attempt to boost tripping that it really doesn't matter if I use Piracetam for a few days in advance? This would only give me more of Piracetam's therapeutic benefits as a smart drug? If I only took Piracetam Friday hours before my trip in a mega dose I'd get just as much potentiation as me taking Piracetam doses last night, today, Thurs. and Fri.?

I'm hoping the fact I'll have been on Piracetam a few days in advance will actually help. If one is trying to build up Piracetam in their system is it better to take 2 big doses a day or 3 smaller doses? And what's the dosage range people take a day? I often here of people taking 2-4 grams at a time. And I'm assuming when people take Piracetam right before tripping they take big ass doses like 4-5 grams.

I'm thinking Fri. maybe I should take 2 4 gram doses or one really big dose an hour or 2 before swallowing my Woodrose. I've never ever heard of people using Piracetam to potentiate LSA containing seeds but hopefully it will work. I've only heard of people taking Piracetam usually before a Cid or 2Cx experience. Taking additional piracetam during the Woodrose trip would be pointless?

Another thing I'm wondering is how exactly does Piracetam potentiate a trip effects wise? Does it just make it in general more intense or heighten particular aspects like the visuals, euphoria or insightfullness? I read a few people say preloading on Piracetam before L shortened the trip. I hope this wouldn't happen. I like Woodrose trips to be good and long.

I'm testing a new batch of seeds so I think I'll start with 15 seeds. My usual dose is 20 seeds. I grind my seeds to a fine powder then pack them in capsules and swallow on a relatively empty stomach (to minimize nausea). I'll also be using DMAE (probably 2-300 mg), DL-Phenylalanine (2 grams or so) and possibly a little bit of Wellbutrin or Caffeine with the Woodrose. I find mildly stimulating drugs really enhance the HBW trip as by itself it can get very sleepy and sluggish at times.

I'll also be using some Acorus gramineus (Japanese Sweet Flag) 5X extract with my Woodrose. This is a very convenient to ingest concentrated powdered form of Sweet Flag (also known as Calamus) and doesn't have the nasty taste and nausea side effects of eating fresh Calamus root. 5X gramineus extract by itself gives me a nice mild E-like empathogenic stimulating effect so hopefully if I combine it with HBW I can get more of a candyflipping (aka trolling) esque effect.

Oh and I know of the vasoconstriction risks of eating Woodrose seeds so I eat a few capsules of L-Arginine (a vasodilator).

How Does Sam-e Interact With Psychedelics?

I usually take 800 mg of SAM-e a day (in 2 divided doses). How would this substance interact with Tryptamine or Phenethylamine psychedelics? Would is potentiate them, weaken them or have no impact? I think it increases Dopamine and Serotonin as I recall. I plan to take Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds this evening and they contain Lysergamide compounds which are Tryptamines.

Merged in a question about sam-e and psychedelics. I have not mixed them, but sam-e on its own is good stuff. It seems to have little effect when you're feeling fine but if you're down, it works great. Also I guess it's good for your joints.

Perhaps nanobrain knows?

Yeah on a typical day I take 800 mg of SAM-e total divided into 2 doses of 400 mg each. i take the first 400 mg early in the day and the second much later. id like to try higher doses of sam-e daily but won't because of cost. It's def. not a cheap drug but it's pretty effective as an antidepressant/stimulant sometimes.

I've combined it with a lot of recreational substances and never noticed a negative reaction. It's combined fine with DXM, woodrose, beans, L, and Kratom on different occasions. Doesn't seem to weaken a trip like SSRI's. DMAE, Lecithin and DLPA also all mix well with psychedelics

The Wizard said:
K so I started preloading on Piracetam last night. Took 2 grams late last night. Then took 2 g when I awoke this morning. Then I'll take 2 at the middle of today and 2 tonight. I'll continue using Piracetam a few times a day till I trip Friday on a new batch of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds.

You say if the only reason I'm taking Piracetam is in an attempt to boost tripping that it really doesn't matter if I use Piracetam for a few days in advance? This would only give me more of Piracetam's therapeutic benefits as a smart drug? If I only took Piracetam Friday hours before my trip in a mega dose I'd get just as much potentiation as me taking Piracetam doses last night, today, Thurs. and Fri.?

I'm hoping the fact I'll have been on Piracetam a few days in advance will actually help. If one is trying to build up Piracetam in their system is it better to take 2 big doses a day or 3 smaller doses? And what's the dosage range people take a day? I often here of people taking 2-4 grams at a time. And I'm assuming when people take Piracetam right before tripping they take big ass doses like 4-5 grams.

Actually, when I combined piracetam with 2C-E and had the most intense trip and +4 experience of my life, I only took 900mg. I usually take 800-1200mg in the morning... the 2-4 grams 2-3 times a day is so the sellers can make you use more and make more money. In fact, myself and others here find large doses of piracetam to be counterproductive and decrease mental clarity instead of increase it. My hypothesis for how piracetam works to change psychedelics is that it allows your brain to be more efficiently optimized, and you can get very deep very fast with a strong psychedelic. I doubt I'd repeat my 2C-E experience... glad as hell I had it, but it was utterly terrifying in a soul-destroying sort of way. But also godly.

Anybody have experience or info concerning piracetam + peyote?

Or piracetam + syrian rue / b. caapi / m. hostilis?

Any info on piracetam with any of these plants or combinations thereof are appreciated!

Last night I was high on ket and toyed with piracetam.
Tasted a bit on my finger and meditated on that, then got curious and put a bit in my drink. (Contrary to earlier comments on the combination...)
As my lucidity seemed to increase (whether that was the piracetam or not is of course unknown) I took some more, for a total of about 2 grams.

That started the absolute weirdest ket trip ever.
Wacko interaction with hallucinated people, organisations and (alien) entities WHILE home alone.
Furniture and other objects that were changed or replaced by them, and of course the lucidity was out the window right away and a long time afterwards.
Some of this was quite scary too.

Cannot recommend this, as it was definitely "dancing naked in the street and getting arrested and beaten up by irate cops" territory.
I feel I was lucky that it all ended well.
Don't think anything useful or otherwise worthwile happened either.

No puking or nausea though. :\

Don't forget that it could have been a coincidence that the K seemed so strong and you could have been convincing yourself Piracetam interacted when it could have been placebo effect at work.

A friend of mine years ago used to combine Piracetam with Ket and def. didn't describe the experiences as stronger. He said it made them clearer and less confusing.

Also how would a single dose of Piracetam have affected your K trip when Piracetam needs days to build up in one's system...

I don't know that it influenced my experience, but it seems likely as I've never had a K evening like that.
it wasn't stronger btw, just incredibly weird.
Coincidence or placebo is of course possible.

I take piracetam on a regular basis, but I wasn't aware that it needs days to "build up". I noticed it the first time I took it.

That's weird.

It's fairly well documented that the effectiveness of dissociatives is reduced when they're combined with nootropics, I thought, but anyway in my experience using K with Piracetam is just a waste. It seems like it makes it purely a physical drug.

I was just slightly drunk when I did this, but anyway - dosed about 800mg maybe an hour before doing any K (and 500mg choline, which I always do with piracetam), and it felt like I just could not fucking break through no matter how much K I did. And I don't mean 'holing, although I was eventually pushing for this to some extent out of frustration.

It just didn't seem possible to get to the level of dissociation that I'm used to. I constantly felt like I was on the edge of feeling nicely K'ed, but not quite there yet.

By the end of it I had a continuous disgusting drip, clogged nostrils, and no peripheral vision, but besides not being able to move that fast had more idea what was going on than I'd have liked.

Oh, but I don't take piracetam on a regular basis, only to experiment with potentiation of other things mostly.

I was already in a higher state when I dropped the piracetam(& choline btw) so maybe that's why it happened.

has anyone mixed hydergine with any psychedelics, particularly lsd?
how bout oxyracetam?