• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nootropics The Big & Dandy Psychedelics and Nootropics Interaction Thread

random izo babbling:
dont see the point of combining lsd with hydergine. but then again i dont see the point of combining the nootropics i know with any psychedelic.

The Wizard said:
Also how would a single dose of Piracetam have affected your K trip when Piracetam needs days to build up in one's system...

I wouldn't really say that's true... a single dose of piracetam can definitely have plenty of effect.

Splatter said:
What about nootropics and cannabis? Has anyone tried this?

<3

Try this one at night before bed (2 hours before with Grapefruit juice); 3-6mg Melatonin, 750mg GABA. 1 hour later smoke a 50/50 blend of Calea Zacatechichi and some dank Cannabis out of a Vape or a Waterpipe.

That's a guaranteed lucid dream right there

5-htp and lsd?

Hey I have seen a similar question like mine, but it did not really apply to my situation.

SWIM's Experience : Used DXM, MDMA w/amphet., Mushrooms, Cannabis

Last Drug Experience : MDMA 3 months ago

Situation : well for the past 3 weeks SWIM has been using 5-htp to restore serotonin levels from excessive use of MDMA. At this all anxiety and slight depression has been eliminated( back to normal). SWIM took the last dose of 5-htp yesterday evening, and now SWIM will be doing LSD for the first time tonight or tomorrow. Wondering if the trip will affected in a negative manner since 5-htp treatment is now discontiued.

Even theories would be nice to hear, as I do have some of my own from personal research, but I am still quite unsure of what might happen.

I don't have anything to back this up except my personal experience but I do not think that your LSD trip will be affected in the slightest due to the 5htp regimen being discontinued.

How much 5-HTP are you taking? How much you have taken is important

I do not think this will affect your LSD trip at all.

By the way, no need to use SWIM. I know it's common or even required in many places, but we discourage it here because it doesn't actually protect you at all, and it's annoying to read. If you're really concerned about safety, it's best to refer to your friend or something like that, so someone might actually believe you're talking about someone else. The acronyms are completely transparent if someone was trying to monitor you or something. :)

Nootropics in general, and piracetam specifically, increase the intensity of a cannabis high. My experience with piracetam+cannabis is that it is just too intense, I get more anxious even than I get without the cannabis, and my mind races uncontrollably. It is interesting in that respect, but IMO not worth the anxiety that comes with it. That's my nervous self, YMMV.

Other nootropics like ginkgo biloba increase the strength a bit, but not to the degree that piracetam does. Phenibut, which some say is nootropic, definitely decreases anxiety. Will add more later.

Provigil seems to GREATLY potentiate the effects of cannabis, but others who tried it with me found it a bit anxiogenic. DONT mix it with psychedelics...

Ultimate Regimen

Provigil seems to GREATLY potentiate the effects of cannabis, but others who tried it with me found it a bit anxiogenic. DONT mix it with psychedelics...

Take this stack, and it will seriously potentiate Cannabis and/or other Psychedelics. Don't take this stack on any other Psychedelic. You can take this stack a week before you dose, or start it up again the day after, but never on (except for FISH, FLAX, BORAGE (Omega 3,6,9) you can take that). Please don't take this if you're on any SSRI or MAOI or Pharms of a similar nature.

Finally, I didn't put a Daily Multivitamin in here, because you should be taking that already :)

Sunday
Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap
Selenium – 1 Cap
FISH, FLAX, BORAGE (Omega 3,6,9) – 1 Softgel

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:
NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) – 1 Cap

Bedtime(On Empty Stomach):
5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Monday
Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:

5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Tuesday
Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap
FOCUSfactor – 1 Cap

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
FOCUSfactor – 1 Cap

Dinner:
FOCUSfactor – 1 Cap

5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Wednesday
Morning(On Empty Stomach):
DL-Phenylalanine – 2 Caps

Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap
Selenium – 1 Cap

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:
L-Tyrosine – 1 Cap

Melatonin – 2 Caps

Thursday
Breakfast:

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:

Bedtime (On Empty Stomach):
5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Friday

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap

Dinner:
L-Tyrosine – 1 Cap

Melatonin – 2 Caps

Saturday

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap

Dinner:
L-Tyrosine – 1 Cap

Melatonin – 2 Caps

Also, if you're wondering why it's not in mg, it's because most places you purchase these supplements at, should have a standardized weight per caplet; from just about any Health-Food store (Vitaminshoppe, GNC, Vitamin World, etc.) Either way, I keep dosages low, because it all depends on your weight. As long as you have the days, times, and Nootropics down. Then that just leaves you to find your personal dosage. This gives you a good palette to work with though. Lastly, I'd like to note you probably shouldn't take this for over a year. I used to take it one month on, one month off, but if you take it straight for a year then plan on stopping it the next year altogether.

Piracetam is not a potentiator of any other drug, at least not in the classic sense of the word. Rather, it increases certain types of brain functioning, and other nonspecific types like mitochondrial metabolic rate, oxygen transport, etc.

These improvements naturally mean improved response to the secondary substance(s). For depressants, this means lowered response because the brain is more active and capable to maintain its activity in the face of a push toward decreased activity.

For stimulants and psychedelics, it means an increase in perceived effect because, to put it simply, the brain is working better. It is lubricated. Thus the losses due to friction in this marvelous machine are reduced by a large amount, allowing it to attain high velocities with minimal wear naturally! That is the secret of piracetam: its lubricant function.

With chemofriction and metabolic traction losses decreased by a substantial amount, mentational processes can reach very high velocities. They are not forced to do so by better lubrication, but rather they are enabled to do so. Regular reports of even a mild stimulant such as caffeine causing jitters and excess stimulation in habituated users when combined with piracetam corroborate this proposition. Some brains which have a tendency to go hyper spontaneously may do so with piracetam alone but they are a minority. These brains usually belong to individuals who are close to the 'edge' of sanity, often require depressant psychomedication to stay 'on the level', or have bipolar, schizoid, or other disorders.

A clasic potentiatiation scenario is alcohol with benzodiazepines, or a MAO-metabolized psychedelic with a MAO inhibitor. In both cases the actual effect may be greater than the sum of individual effects. At minimum, the effect is additive, at maximum, multiplicative.

Last edited:
I'll be taking 1 hit of lsd (hoffmans) this saturday and I plan on using piracetam in conjunction with.

I took 2 hits this most recent saturday, sooo.. we'll see what happens.

QUestion: When should I start taking the piracetam? It seems like some people are on a regiemen for a week or more before dosing any psychs, while others it seems just take it immediately prior to dropping.

Does it matter?

Either way I plan on preloading several days beforehand.

I'd say just continue your normal regimen without change.

I've taken a dose an hour before a trip without any previous buildup and it worked fine. If you're already taking it just keep taking it.

Nootropics + Psychedelics

OK, let's try to document positive (and negative) interactions between these two types of drugs.

from my experience:

cannabis + piracetam/choline = amazing

i also recently combined LSD+LSA+Piracetam+CDP-choline+Bacopa+Ashwagandha+Rhodiola+Phenibut and had the most profound trip of my life. i'm not sure what was it, but definately adding piracetam/choline to the psychedlics part was key. bacopa, ashwagandha, and rhodiola are pretty subtle, so i don't they had much effects. phenibut made it super pleasant and more productive in the sense of eliminating anxiety so i was more capable on focusing on the profound present.

i'm very curious about mixing racetams with cacti. anyone with experience, please share!

also, curious about mixing racetams with DMT. i actually read that this was a very bad combo, so if anyone can comment on this that'd be great. what about taking DMT while on phenibut? what about while on kratom? ok, getting off topic, but curious to know what i can take before DMT to make it more relaxed without negative or blunting effects.

i also presume that if piracetam has X effect with a certain psychedelic, aniracetam and oxiracetam would have similar effects, at least in terms of positive/negative given you enjoy the racetam itself. no?

what about mixing psychedelics w/ Phenylalanine?

if we get a lot of responses here, i'll compile it and update it below in this post.

Last edited:
I'm going to merge this one into the link Delta 9 gave. Have a read from the beginning for lots of info on the subject. :)

How do much piracetam do you take & how far in advance of smoking? Or do you mean you're just on a regular daily stack?

as far as timing, so long as you're high and "on" at the piracetam at the same time, is when you'll get effects. to combine peaks, i'll usually dose piracetam, wait 30 min, then smoke.

for dosage, i respond well to 3g.