• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy Tryptamine Injection Thread

deadich: Yes, but psychedelics are rarely physically dangerous, with the exception of those with significant monoaminergic activity a la AMT.

does anyone have good pictures showing where to inject into the side of the thigh? I've always injected into the top of the thigh but i wanna try the side because i know it's more common and probably for a reason but im not too sure of where to inject for the best and painless injection.

deadich: Yes, but psychedelics are rarely physically dangerous, with the exception of those with significant monoaminergic activity a la AMT.
true, but I was talking in a general sense. Only psychedelic i can think of that would be physically dangerous (except for things like serotonine syndrome, seizures and ketamine bladder) is bromo dragonfly.

Alright, I hope it's good enough:

http://imageshack.us/g/269/im01c.jpg/

You hit in the middle third of your thigh. You hit at 90 degrees. The first photo shows thirds of my thigh and how I divided it by eye (black), the right angle (red).

I used a 2ml syringe and a 6mm needle for this presentation (the proper needles for i.m. injections are 0.6mm to 0.8mm, it depends on thickness of solution and if it's a suspension, I am very skinny so whenever I've injected anything i.m., I used 6mm needles; the syringe may be 2ml too, it all depends how much of solution you've got to inject, there are just limits for different muscles).

PS. I didn't actually hit my muscle after making this photo, there was air in that used up syringe. And sorry for the guerilla-like look of the first photo but I've just gotten my laptop back from the service and I haven't installed Photoshop yet so I just used MS Paint.

deadich said:
Yupp, but if u OD then it could be a bad thing because the body cannot get rid of it. Imagine how many more deaths that would have been if shooting alcohol would have been popular for example. Vomiting up the alcohol have probably saved a very large amount of lives.

Note the wink after the sentence.;) Besides it's much more harder to overdose most of widely used psychedelics for real. I mean, I want to differentiate a bad bad bad trip and a real overdose - not that the former doesn't need a medical attention as neuroleptics, benzodiazepines etc. are often used to blunt visuals and make a person calm.

Also, I can't imagine injecting Bromo-DragonFLY if it's not of lab grade purity and the dose is not weighted on a lab analytical scale (and I would definitely dilute the solution with this one because of the way it speeds up heart rate. I guess a thickened solution would cause a rush with heart skyrocketing.

Last edited:
Alright, I hope it's good enough:

http://imageshack.us/g/269/im01c.jpg/

You hit in the middle third of your thigh. You hit at 90 degrees. The first photo shows thirds of my thigh and how I divided it by eye (black), the right angle (red).

I used a 2ml syringe and a 6mm needle for this presentation (the proper needles for i.m. injections are 0.6mm to 0.8mm, it depends on thickness of solution and if it's a suspension, I am very skinny so whenever I've injected anything i.m., I used 6mm needles; the syringe may be 2ml too, it all depends how much of solution you've got to inject, there are just limits for different muscles).

PS. I didn't actually hit my muscle after making this photo, there was air in that used up syringe. And sorry for the guerilla-like look of the first photo but I've just gotten my laptop back from the service and I haven't installed Photoshop yet so I just used MS Paint.
the photos has been removed :(

Did not read full thread but...

Have IMd 4-HO-MET 2x with great success, highly recommend it, especially with k in the barrel.
It's sparked my interest in IMing other tryptamines. I've done AMT IM but did not have the proper solvent so I doubt I got the full dose I intended but that was also worthwhile - even though I knew it wasn't the "full experience" of what I had intended.

I would love to try IMing the other 4-HO compounds at some point but I haven't had the time to indulge as much as I please, psychedelically, as of late. Once I will I will definitely report. I also would like to try 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT IM. I feel DMT is enough on it's own when smoked but 4-subs are just too recreational and light until you IM, and then you see the true, hard tryptamine nature the compound clearly possesses. I plan to experiment with IV/IM DMT sometime soon as well but scare reports and the nature of such an experiment has left me waiting.... for something. It'll be worth it though.

ok, enough of my pointless interjection of things that have probably already been covered. :D

the photos has been removed :(

Well, I guess no wonder... Imageshack doesn't like harm reduction.

I deleted those 3 photos from my HDD too. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to assist me and make a photo so this may look worse but I hope it won't get deleted as fast...

voxv86.jpg

Alternative Polish host

Whaaa......did you try to inject freebase aMT with water?

I don't get it. How about alpha-MT hydrochloride water solution? I looked over the Internet and I see that online vendors sell the freebase. But you can still make a salt of it yourself. The reason they sell it in the freebase form is probably the fact it's meant for smoking.

Last edited:
20mg 4-aco-dmt and 20mg 4-ho-met IM made for a VERY pleasurable experience

this is probably a higher dose than most ppl would usually take though...

You can get good instructions for each injection location (with pictures) at spotinjections.com. That site is mostly for steroid users, but the concept is the same. The difference with tryptamines is the fact that they're water soluble. You can use a tiny needle (31 gauge 5/16 inch) without any problems, since the water solution flows through the needle easily.

I've only IMed two tryptamines, DMT and 5-AcO-DMT. 5-AcO-DMT is probably my second favorite psychedelic now, second only to LSD. I greatly prefer IM with 5-AcO-DMT. A 10 mg dose brings on a strong trip within 10 or 15 minutes with no nausea or unpleasant stomach feelings. It doesn't last as long that way, but redosing works well. I usually do a 10 mg shot every few hours until I want the trip to end. The trip fades away quickly at the end without bad feelings or an extended comedown.

Ok, i have most of the equipment now and i'm fairly sure of how to do the actual injection, but one more question; Whats best to use as a filter for IM injections?

Also, when people say it's a shorter duration, how long roughly? I find oral/snorted 4-aco-dmt lasts about 4-6 hours. So i'm guessing IM'd would be roughly 3-4?

PS.
Thanks everyone for all the help, been really really useful! :D

I used a Whatman syringe filter (don't remember which one). I weighed out 200 mg of 4-aco-dmt and dissolved it in 10 ml or bacteriostatic water. Then I filtered and injected into a sealed sterile vial. As long as it's in the sealed vial in a dark place, it will stay good for a long time. Mine is still just as good as it was several months ago.

If you really want to, I suppose you could skip the vial and just filter with a small piece of cotton. I don't want to go through the hassle of weighing the dose, dissolving, and filtering every time I want a dose. That sounds a little error prone for someone who's already tripping. It's much easier to just use an insulin syringe to draw the right amount from a vial of prefiltered solution.

For me, the peak effects last about 2 or 3 hours with another hour of weaker effects afterwards. If I feel the trip starting to get weaker, I juat redose at that point or decide to relax and go to bed. It's easy to control the length of the trip that way.

Ok, i have most of the equipment now and i'm fairly sure of how to do the actual injection, but one more question; Whats best to use as a filter for IM injections?
i always rip the cotton of a cotton swab

http://img.hisupplier.com/var/userImages/old/anhuik/anhuik$101816424.jpgRe: length of IM 4-AcO-DMT: Roughly 60 - 70 percent of the length of an oral trip, but will likely differ by person as people report widely varying durations for 4-AcO.

Of every tryptamine I've IMd, aMT HCl has shown both the most radical increase in potency and decrease in duration (which I consider a vast improvement). 20 mgs IM'd is roughly equivalent to 50 mgs oral aMT HCl in my experience. If you can get an HCl solution (as in some muriatic acid pool cleaners containing ONLY HCl and water, which you'll have to buy at the store as I don't think it can be shipped to private residences -- though proper lab grade solution is of course vastly preferred), you can easily make aMT HCl from the freebase. It requires no molar calculations, either. Just slowly add the HCl solution to freebase until it's all dissolved, and evaporate off. Any excess HCl will evaporate at room temperature so you'll just be left with aMT HCl and nothing else.

Re: storage of 4-subs in solution: A friend of mine kept 4-AcO-MiPT in solution for many months. At the end of the time it turned black and was inactive. The 4-AcO-MiPT was highly hydoscopic, and may have sped up its degradation relative to something like 4-AcO-DMT. I personally wouldn't keep any compounds in solution for long, even if I was confident the solution was thoroughly sterilized and sealed.

Re cotton filtering: I'm not sure how much cotton filtering near pure compounds is going to reduce risks. As I understand the cotton filters out insoluble particulate matter in dirty heroin. Substances like that should never be IMd. Only a micron filter will remove bacteria. Those require a needless syringe with a screw top to attach the filter to.

You fill the needle-less syringe with the pre-filtered solution and push it through the filter into a sterile vile, then you're good to go. I suck out any solution held up in the exit nozzle of the filter using the needle of the syringe I'm using for injection, then I add additional sterile water into the needle-less syringe, and use it to push through the remaining solution that's held up in the filter/tip of the syringe so as to not waste any. A good way to figure out how much extra water to use is to fill the needle-less syringe with your solution, attach the dry filter, then push the solution through slowly until you see the first little drop of it exit the other side of the filter. The change in volume from the beginning to the sight of the first drop is the volume of your tryptamine solution that will be stuck in the filter if you don't flush with water. Don't use any more water than necessary, as if you do you'll end up with a greater volume to IM than you may like. You could also just use air, but I don't think it works as well as water because it may bubble through the liquid in the filter -- maybe if you force a lot of air through quickly it would clear the remaining solution more effectively.

Sterile water: in a pinch a cheap and convenient source of sterile saline is preservative-free sterile contact lens cleaning solution (used for heat cleaning contacts). Unisol brand contains only sterile saline and some harmless acids to make the pH the same as tears.

anhuik$101816424.jpg

The smallest syringes are best for working with just a few doses because changes in volume are easier to see.

Last edited:
You don't have to filter out bacteria or worry about sterilizing your solution if you use bacteriostatic water. That's what it was made for. The benzyl alcohol guarantees that the solution will remain sterile as long as it's in a sealed vial. Filtering is always good, of course. You don't want to inject particles that for some reason aren't water soluble.

I mixed the solution for my vial several months ago, maybe late spring / early summer. I've used about half of it so far. The potency (as of 2 weeks ago) is the same as it was on the first day. I don't know how long it would last, but I suspect it would still be good in a few years. I'll probably use it all before then and mix up a new batch.

You don't have to filter out bacteria or worry about sterilizing your solution if you use bacteriostatic water.
Nice. How long does it take for bacteriostatic water to kill (all likely) bacteria?

Nice. How long does it take for bacteriostatic water to kill (all likely) bacteria?

I'm not sure of the exact timing. I do use proper filtering techniques when I make injectable solutions, but I don't think a small number of bacteria will make a difference. I've read that any small visible chunks in the solution can be dangerous. A small chunk of dirt might contain bacteria on the inside. Those bacteria might be protected from the alcohol solution for a while, so injecting that particle might lead to an infection. Any bacteria floating around loosely won't last long in the benzyl alcohol solution. I just check to make sure my solution looks like pure clear water before injecting.

Sterile water or saline solution will work too, but I wouldn't trust that for longer term storage. If you filter everything but miss a single tiny bacterium, that bacterium could multiply and grow out of control in a matter of days. If I mixed up a solution with sterile water like that, I'd only mix enough for what I was going to use that night. A bacteriostatic water solution in a sealed vial, though, can remain sterile and fresh much longer. I know 4-aco-dmt, at least, will stay good like this for months if not longer.

m314 said:
You don't have to filter out bacteria or worry about sterilizing your solution if you use bacteriostatic water.

This is not true.

Bacteriostatic water is NOT a replacement for using a micron filter.

In general, pure chemicals are unlikely to be heavily contaminated with bacteria (in comparison to black tar heroin, for example), and in general, the body's immune system can handle a few bacteria introduced by non-sterile intramuscular injections, but the bottom line is that using bacteriostatic water in lieu of a micron filter will result in increased risk of infection/abscess (plus, you won't be filtering out insoluble particulates). The purpose of bacteriostatic water is to prevent growth of bacteria in a solution, not to kill bacteria. Benzyl alcohol may have some bactericidal (bacteria-killing) activity in addition to its bacteriostatic (replication-preventing) properties, but in the spirit of harm reduction, I recommend that you don't trust your health with it.

Ideally, if one is considering storing a drug in solution, it should be dissolved in bacteriostatic water, a micron filter should be used to sterilize the solution and filter out particulates, and lastly, it should be stored in a sterile vial.

I think most of the major benefits have been covered already. I agree with what's been said regarding oral to IM dosage ratios and safety concerns (tissue damage, risk of infection, etc.). Of the 5-HT psychedelics, I've IMd aMT, 4-ho-DMT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MiPT, MET, 4-ho-MPT, DPT, DET, DMT, 2C-E, 2C-P, TMA-6, DOM, 25-C, and 25-I (yeesh, that seems like a lot when I type it all out).

The ones that benefit most from IMing are probably those of long duration and come up time. ...

In response to the OP, I've IMd many of the same trypts that psood mentioned (aMT, DMT, MET, DET, DPT, 4-HO/AcO-DMT) and only 2C-B of the phens. I prefer AMT by this route due to the reasons psood mentioned. The benefit for the simple trypts (many of which are inactive when taken orally) is that there's a smooth onset and no harsh vapors/nauseating drip to deal with, plus it lengthens the DMT trip by a fair amount. As for the 4-xx-trypts, I didn't expect much of a difference with IM vs. oral aside from a shorter trip and increased potency, but my one experience with IM 4-HO/AcO-DMT combo turned out to be incomparable to any other trip I've ever experienced. That said, it was likely a quasi-independent psychological event that took place, and not a reproducible result of IM administration of a particular tryptamine combo.

IMO, 2C's are generally better taken orally (psood might disagree here), as the come-up can be a bit intense.

^Regarding IMing 2Cs: you are right in that I disagree about it for myself -- and I think that is what you are recalling from past posts of mine and the respect that you intend the statement. I personally find that the relief I feel in transitioning from nail-biting onset to the contentment of the plateau provides a sort of revelry in satiation that heightens the qualitative effects of the peak (similar to the sentiment that "hunger is the best spice"). But from the point of view of harm reduction and someone accounting for the general experience of IMing 2Cs as related in the majority of trip reports I've read in order to predict the average user's most likely experience, I agree that most users will likely prefer the oral route for the reasons you give. The anxiety-laden onset more often than not sets the stage for a negative experience for most, or at least the payoff isn't regarded as worth the initial investment. I'd say this is true for many tryptamines as well, but not to the same degree as for most phenethylamines.

Yeah, the onset of injected phens can be absolutely terrifying in its intensity, merely SCing 2c-i was one of the worst experiences I've ever had on the drug, but I don't like fast come ups in general so that's to be expected.