• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy Tryptamine Injection Thread

IV / IM tryptamines

I'm sure there have been threads about this before but I didn't find them. (mods feel free to merge or whatever)

It's time to take the plunge. But I need some info first.

I want to know the best ways to dissolve the tryptamines into a body friendly injectable solution. (Where does one acquire pure acetic acid? Is there something wrong with just sterilized water?)
I want to know about micron filtering (where to buy and how to use).
But I also want to know, If I have very pure tryptamines from a vendor I have trusted for quite some time now, and I plan on injecting very infrequently, how bad is it to just use cotton filtering. And how would I best make use Jerry-rigged cotton filter if I decide to take the lazy route.
Lastly I want to know how to choose the best needle for IM and IV respectively.

If you teach me these things, I will return with great stories of my adventures!

Why would you want to shoot an acid unless you have to? Ideally you'll order bacteriostatic water, but most people use distilled or tap water. Micron filters are the best, though I have a fair amount of experience IVing mephedrone from a Chinese lab using just a cotton filter. Most people will advocate using a micron, and for someone injecting RCs that's a more practical route than it is for someone using like me.

Usually microns & bact. sol'n can be ordered together, so I'd recommend that route. Otherwise you take a q-tip/cotton swab & pull off a small amount (after you've washed your hands) and roll it tightly. It should be around the size of a BB, though with experience you will discover what works best. I know some people prefer to use cigarette filters, because you can't get cotton fever that way. You sound like you've never shot anything, so be sure to do your research; OD & BDD have plenty of info. I recommend you use just water--no drugs--to do a test run with the IV route.

Last edited:
Why not vaporize?

You don’t want to start tripping with a needle in your arm... Trust me.

If you don't have a problem with needles sober then you shouldn't when you're tripping. Take away the stigma and it's just another ROA.

OP
Acetic acid would only be necessary if you wanted to salt a freebase tryptamine (for example 5-meo is commonly sold as freebase) to make it water soluble.
I'd definitely advise you to use a micron filter for IV but you shouldn't even consider IM without one. Don't trust your vendor when they say the drug is pure. Unless you've had it analysed you really have no idea how pure it is.
The best thing to use as a cotton filter is a hand-rolling cigarette filter. Let it sit in the solution, rest the needle on top of the filter and draw the solution up through it.
Further reading:
IV Complications and Info
Micron Filtering Mega Thread

Lastly, this isn't the appropriate forum ;) should probably be moved to PD or OD

Last edited:
dont use cigarette filters.
use cotton from q-tips or from cotton balls
cig filters have cellulose in them, not good to shoot.
they'll WORK but its not good.
i only ever used them when i couldnt wait to get home to shoot my dope

What tryptamines do you have? Dmt is usually sold as the freebase because most people smoke it. Other drugs are likely the fumarate or similar salt. If its the salt, you can just dissolve it and inject. If it is freebase, citric or acetic acid should work but check for reports first.

A micron filter is superior to cotton. There are possible complications from using cotton. If you are planning on making a solution to store long term, you should use bacteriostatic water. However, tryptamines tend to degrade in water so this would not be the best idea. Just prepare a shot each time you want to use it and don't forget the filter.

I'm obviously assuming you have a highly pure product. With compounds that are extracted from plants, like dmt, there can be other organic contaminants that may cause a bad reaction. Washing and recrystallizing your product would be a wise move.

LSDMDMA&11573035 said:
cig filters have cellulose in them

So does cotton...
Hand-rolling filters pose less risk of cotton fever (if straight from the pack) and this study actually found that they removed slightly more particulates and less drug then cotton.

>Why not vaporize?

>You don’t want to start tripping
>with a needle in your arm... Trust me.

Why do you say that? DMT, DPT, and others are always used in a medical setting via IM or IV injection. Having done both smoked and IMed...I can say IM is the best way to go for me. Even DMT the spirit molecule, I find too fast too much when smoked...compared to IMing it. Anyway, the injection process takes about 15 seconds or so...IMed tryptamines take a few minutes to take effect so the needle should not be sitting in your arm anymore or you are doing it wrong.

IV can be too fast for some with dmt. Ideally, you would have another person there to make sure the needle gets out, or to just perform the entire injection for you.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Mods feel free to move this to whatever board it belongs in.

I've IM'ed 4-AcO-DMT Fumarate once before (trip report linked at bottom), without a filter, cause I was retarded and impatient. I luckily came out with no complications. (This leads me to believe in the purity of my chems)

I would probably be IVing either 4-AcO-DMT Fumarate or 4-HO-DPT Fumarate.

I like the idea of rolled Q-tip ends. I don't like the idea of ordering a whole micron filtering kit.

What size needle is best for IV and IM respectively?

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ime-IM-otherwise-experienced-Finding-the-Love

I luckily came out with no complications. (This leads me to believe in the purity of my chems)

no no no,
this doesn't tell you anything about the purity of your chems.
If you don't like the idea of ordering a micron filter then please don't IM. cotton is sufficient for IV but not for IM.
Micron filters are actually very quick and easy to use. Their only real drawback is the price but considering you'll be injecting infrequently this shouldn't be an issue.

well I guess I have to cave then and get myself these micron filters. Where can one buy such things?

That question's not allowed here; check Google. It would be cheaper to make large solutions of your chems, micron filter them in large batches, then let the water evaporate, so you can save them 'til you want to dose.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links for micron filters but send me a PM and I'll try and help you out :)

It's theoretically possible, but given the incredible potency and potential toxicity, I don't advise it.

If you are injecting any sort of non-sterile powders you should be using a micron filter. Cotton is not acceptable for either IV or IM filtration, really, it does not provide anything but minimal filtration. It won't *kill* you, and it's unlikely to actually cause any extra complications if you use clean & sterile cotton, but it doesn't pose any advantage really. Micron filters on the other hand will remove basically everything but the chemicals dissolved in the water.

(Storytime. I read that cotton "filters" for syringes were not actually meant to be a filter. Doctors would dissolve their morphine in distilled water in a spoon, and to avoid blunting the steel needle on the steel spoon, would draw it through a small amount of cotton.)

If you need to dissolve freebases in water, add a *minimum* amount of e.g. citric acid to water (maybe 1/4 the weight of drug), then add drug and mix well, so you get a clear solution. If you add an excessive amount of acid, the solution you make for injection can cause tissue/vein damage.

Using distilled water, new syringes, storing any solutions you make with bacteriostatic water in sealed, cool vials, cleaning & rotating the injection site, etc... just practicing good technique is also pretty much mandatory if you want to do this with regularity.

Split general injection thread into one for tryptamines and phenethylamines and mega-merged the one for tryptamines.
Check the OP for the link to the PEA thread. :)

Oh. They are sold openly on the very publicly used internet. The search just has to be very specific to find them.

EDIT: micron filters that is.