& Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: Deru | mal3volent | birdup
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Conspiracies The Covid Narrative

Do you still believe the Covid-19 narrative?

• Governments are implementing these policies for our health/to protect us (science changes over time)

• Turns out they lied and this is more about control than health (too much shifting of goalposts)

Results are only viewable after voting.

jpgrdnr

Bluelighter
I think the real question will be in the Spring if and when boosters become more widespread.

The 2nd question is globally the pandemic isn't over, yet in first world countries you can basically say that its over. Or the government's attitude is that its over. Yet, economically we are in are in a deep shithole (Or at least I am :D).

Interesting positive outcomes due to COVID19: basically eliminated cold/flu. I've never felt better. I haven't had a fever in years (?) and any sort of stomach flu or massive green snot coming out of my nose (Having worked in retail the last few years, feeling like crap was basically a daily occurrence).

The amount of pointless society BS has been killed off. Beyond buying food, I really don't have to interact with anyone that I do not want to interact with. So tbh this so called vaccine passport is basically useless unless I want to see Dune in a movie theatre or go out to eat, which is NON-ESSENTIAL! I don't have to leave my house. And the reward system is dead, because there is basically nothing left to buy...all this time I have been consoling myself with DRUGS and useless plastic shit and whatever else and all of that is so pointless its laughable.

Healing a global pandemic: I would say no, because I have 2 different doses of a vaccine, one of which is the AZ and is not recognized the US, so I can literally cannot travel to the US. Um, no. We basically have to wait in Canada for all the people who don't have the vaccine to die, etc. or numbers to go down (?). Internationally, I look at Africa and until there is a majority vaccinated, the pandemic isn't over. I mean people are dropping like flies in Russia, so healing the pandemic not so much...

Global control system? Um, a lot of people are dying in Russia so I guess its not that much of a control scheme. And for the various reasons above it ain't much of a system. Basically the support stimulus has run out, so now is the real game of whether we are truly in a Depression that was propped up by the government...or something else. Is this truly The Decline?

I think thru the scanner darkly I find the government strangely inept. Its like they had the chance to come out for the big win but fucked it all up and now we aren't even going to to the Championship, its just a cold shower and a lifetime of thinking what could of been. Is there an Echo or is it Bust all the way?

I was thinking of the Bruce Cockburn song...

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Covid hit and got out of control quickly. Governments were facing far greater numbers of deaths and serious illness than we have seen since the 1918 flu pandemic, and began scrambling to figure out how to fix the problem. Vaccines were developed quickly on the back of previous research and development into the original SARS vaccine. Given the timeframe, there was no time for full clinical trials. It was a choice between letting it keep spreading with, at the peak, a quarter of a million new cases and 10,000+ deaths per day (in the US alone), or push something through earlier than anyone would have liked. At the same time, information was brand new and constantly changing with further research (to the point of the first poll option, scientific consensus does change with more information, that is the point). Messaging was pushed out in a regrettably ineffective and seemingly (and sometimes actually) contradictory way, which contributed to lack of public trust. The already extremely popular and growing conspiracy sentiment about anything and everything was lit further aflame by this lack of trust and poor messaging. At this point, there is perhaps some profit motive as well, especially in the attempt to push a booster dose, after all it is big pharma. Despite this, there is a real crisis and governments needed to do something. It could have been handled better though. Meanwhile, division in the public has reached new heights, with some people shouting for the mass execution of those calling for vaccines (in this forum no less). Good luck to us digging out of this pile of shit. 100 years ago I wonder if society was anywhere remotely near this divided over the pandemic of then?

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
If there are people arguing over whether it's a pandemic or not.......... then newsflash bucko, it's not a fucking pandemic lol.

Real pandemics leave ZERO doubt in one's mind.
Yeah how did we have the black plague before we all had TV sets I wonder personally?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Temporary Ban
The official story has changed quite a bit since early 2020.

Have your feelings on the global covid agenda changed at all over the past year and a half?

What do you think is the end goal? Healing a global pandemic or global totalitarian control system?
Why not both?

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
Why not both?
It's a good question. It kind of lets the, off the hook too weirly in a sense.

Like we almost feel a bit sorry about them, and pat them on the back a bit because here they are bless them, trying to take over the world. Planned it since ever. It's a hard enough job already but they got this.

But then the world is hit by chance by a pandemic, as this thing is really swiniging into fruition.

So they are proceeding, but with the extra complication, and duty to heal an accidental pandemic.

I have my own theories on that. They are unique here, but not everywhere. It doesn't involve accident or even nature at all though.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
If there are people arguing over whether it's a pandemic or not.......... then newsflash bucko, it's not a fucking pandemic lol.

Real pandemics leave ZERO doubt in one's mind.

Are people arguing about whether it's a pandemic? A pandemic is when a disease has spread across the entire globe and is not contained to any particular area. I didn't know anyone was debating whether that has happened.

Negentropic

Bluelight Crew
If you think the government's *ULTIMATE GOAL* is trying to control, take away liberties, influence or kill you by giving you a vaccine to a virus... you're an idiot.

Science changes every day in every single scientific subject.

If you think the fact CDC guidelines change rapidly on a brand new virus the world has never seen before is 'evidence' of something nefarious.... yeah... that's called science, and you're called a very low-critically thinking numb bag.

The government controls you more through the crack epidemic and drug laws....

the idea of people smoking crack and being paranoid about the vaccine is tragically hilarious

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
If you think the government's *ULTIMATE GOAL* is trying to control, take away liberties, influence or kill you by giving you a vaccine to a virus... you're an idiot.
You don’t think there are people who would like total control of wealth/people ? I’m pretty sure history has its fair share. brute force dosent seem to work all that well so maybe there is another way ? I’m one of those nerds that loves to watch the AHC and natgeo ect. channels, it pretty much all I watch, I like the ones on WW2 or inside the mind of a dictator episodes, i really think all the answers to our current situation or any situation can be found in history, story is the same only the names change

Last edited:

JGrimez

Temporary Ban
Why not both?
Because that makes no sense. You're either doing what's best for the people (curing pandemic) or what's not in their best interests (implementing a totalitarian control system). There's a disconnect there.

Are people arguing about whether it's a pandemic? A pandemic is when a disease has spread across the entire globe and is not contained to any particular area. I didn't know anyone was debating whether that has happened.
Yes after the 2009 swine flu outbreak the global health authorities changed the definition of "pandemic". It used to be mean that there was a novel virus spreading across borders that was resulting in mass amounts of death. They removed the part about mass death and now they can call it a pandemic simply if it's a novel virus that's spreading. We all have short memories but early-2020 we all thought this could be a Spanish Flu-type pandemic with people dropping dead all over the place. That didn't eventuate and the survival rate for this virus is something like 99.7%.

Just like they recently changed definition of "anti vaxxer" for political reasons. If you take every vaccine in the world yourself but you think that people should have the choice whether to be vaccinated then according to the (newly updated) Merriam-Webster dictionary, you are an anti-vaxxer

PriestTheyCalledHim

Temporary Ban
Because that makes no sense. You're either doing what's best for the people (curing pandemic) or what's not in their best interests (implementing a totalitarian control system). There's a disconnect there.

Yes after the 2009 swine flu outbreak the global health authorities changed the definition of "pandemic". It used to be mean that there was a novel virus spreading across borders that was resulting in mass amounts of death. They removed the part about mass death and now they can call it a pandemic simply if it's a novel virus that's spreading. We all have short memories but early-2020 we all thought this could be a Spanish Flu-type pandemic with people dropping dead all over the place. That didn't eventuate and the survival rate for this virus is something like 99.7%.

Just like they recently changed definition of "anti vaxxer" for political reasons. If you take every vaccine in the world yourself but you think that people should have the choice whether to be vaccinated then according to the (newly updated) Merriam-Webster dictionary, you are an anti-vaxxer
What I meant by what I wrote is, why can't it be that various world leaders, government/health officials are taking away people's rights, using the COVID pandemic and curing COVID as an excuse to do this?

I am not claiming that COVID does not exist, or that the vaccines kill people, etc.