• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

-The- Heroin & Opioid Mega Discussion Thread (Volumes 1+2 Merged)

I'm almost on the exact same day as you SkagKush and I hear you loud and clear, stay up.

I have recently cut back on my usuage and am trying to get clean but have a tough time making it past 72-96 hours. I did taper so bu that time my physical wd is very minimal but i still cant sleep for more than a couple hours at a time which is what gets me I think. So im entered into the vicious cycle sigh*...

Going to a MMT Center for methadone addiction?

hello, i have recently lost my job, which means no more insurance, which means no more dr or rx.
I dont wanna buy off the street cuz its waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to high so i was wondering if anyone knew that a METHADONE MAINTENANCE TREATMENT center would treat you for addiction to METHADONE?

i was prescribed for a syrinx in my T7,T8,T9 that causes tremendous pain, but the neurosurgeon doesnt wanna do the surgery because he's only done one and paralyzed that patient.

It's going to be a beautiful day when i dont need a hefty dose of opioid to face existance.

^^^^ oh man... or you can end up like me... cannot even face existence with opiates

Hey, I have recently relapsed during my 4th day clean (with one bag (approx .03-.04) of mediocre dope, insufflated). My first day I took 2mg of suboxone, day 2 took 1mg of suboxone (actually felt pretty shitty, wasnt quite enough), day 3 woke up sweaty and weak took 2mg of sub, day 4 did nothing most of the day and worked, actually didn't feel too bad, and then took a clonidine, about 6 hours later snorted the dope. Now it has been 28 hours and Im not really feeling too bad, I was sick last night and this morning (minimally). So did that relapse set me back a day, or will I just get real sick again on day 2 tommorow. Any help is appreciated, do Not want to take any more subs, and am quite serious about quitting. I yeah my habit is that i usually shot one to two bags (.03 each) of sometimes okay, sometimes kinda shitty dope (at least for me, maybe my tolerance isnt equal to my hunger)

i dont think it seems much too worry about(this time).

after your thread gets a couple responses, it should probably be moved in with this thread.
g/l

did not take anything for two days after using, never nodded so I found myself a little sick only 14 hours later. Yesterday I had bad chills, and could not sleep more than an hour last night. I had 4 classes and work at 5am, and could not handle it so I snorted a 40 bag. I feel sedated, yet not too high. Am I basically back to step one, or will i constanly just be put back a day each use.

^ in my experience after 4 days if i used it wouldn't square one but it prolonged it a couple more and the temptation to just give up is astronomical , good luck.

Question guys... I was addicted to opiates for over 8 years and have been clean for almost 5 years. I am having surgery begining of May and I am freaking out about the possibility of getting hooked again. I have told my pain doctor that I do not want any pain medications. She said that is not going to be an option, she told me I will be in pain and will need something. My drug of choice was norco but pretty much any of the opiates would send me into a tail spin, I know. I have gotten a suggestion of suboxone? any input??

^ i'd go w a longer opiate / opioid like bupe - the problem with 90% of pain medication is that it's in and out of you so quickly you inevitably CHASE. Once you start chasing you will end up in that spiral again. Best bet would be bupe or 5mg / 10 mg methadone. And no matter what your doctor says this is your body and you do not have to be forced on anything. Pain is better than addiction, which destroys everything good in life. I had knee problems severely and I also had a lot of clean time after 8 years of habitual use - I used methadone 10mg everyday for about 4 days. I did not relapse at this period ( I did recently but that was just my own life getting over my head ). I would suggest one of the two longer acting. Good luck.

So...I am gathering from the last couple of posts that sub does work for PM? Seems like it kept my pain numbed-my rx of opy could have been refilled 8 days ago(which if I don't refill soon will be ?). I am not red flag abuser yet n wonder how doc may reac. If I request sub instead of opy? Nnot trying really to find out how to score from doc just want to know if he is automatically gonna think problem if I request sub over opy? Thoughts?

jesus christ... every time I WD I get SUCH bad back pain... like ridiculously bad. going through it right now and its really bad; i never see many people complain about lower back pain specifically but for me the worst parts of WD are the back pain and insomnia

jesus christ... every time I WD I get SUCH bad back pain... like ridiculously bad. going through it right now and its really bad; i never see many people complain about lower back pain specifically but for me the worst parts of WD are the back pain and insomnia

Lower back pain? Sometimes that can be caused from your kidneys coping without the meds. Make sure you drink a lot of water, if this is the case.

Last relapse was 1 week ago. I have been doing better though with my routines and look forward to not having cravings any more. Typically I would not post about being a week clean, but for some reason I think I may be onto something.

and yes, opiates are the devil yadda yadda why did i ever do this to myself blah blah

I've got 3 weeks tomorrow under my belt and I'm going nuts today - one of those shit days and you just want to slam it all away. I'm not, and I guess I'm "proud" of that , but when you are jonesin i dunno about you guys but i dont feel like I've got shit to be proud of just feel like shit period.

I've got 3 weeks tomorrow under my belt and I'm going nuts today - one of those shit days and you just want to slam it all away. I'm not, and I guess I'm "proud" of that , but when you are jonesin i dunno about you guys but i dont feel like I've got shit to be proud of just feel like shit period.

Totally feel you on that, but you know what? Anytime I did NOT use when I felt like that, I always woke up the next morning feeling soooo much better! :) %)

Three weeks is awesome dude, you should be proud of that! I'm sure you know what's it like to not even go one single day....You're a strong dude, keep pushing forward! :) <3 =D

I actuallly initially only clicked on this thread for shameless self-promotion.....this is the LONGEST I have gone since I first ever used heroin. I haven't used anything in 53 days! I haven't gotten high (or sniffed anything) for 88 days! :D :) =D

The last time I had THIS LENGTH OF TIME was PRE-ADDICTION! I'm talking spring/summer of 2005!!!! =D =D =D

I still worry about this shit, but for the first time in a looooooong time I feel like I got my shit together! :D <3 =D

yeah... so i have not done opiates for over 3 months now... ive kinda switched to drinking a couple times a week... i dont have cravings nearly as much, but now i just switch it out for drinking i guess =/

Ready for recovery?

When I decided to go on MMT, I was living alone in a tiny room and opiate use had reduced my life to acquiring/using opiates and working (to pay for rent+opiates). My obsession with Opium occluded every other aspect of life, I lost very dear friendships, dropped out of grad school, and destroyed my credit. Almost 10 years later, my life has blossomed. I'm happily married, saving to buy a house, and returning to school.
My husband & I decided to move 300 miles from the city to a more rural area. The area has no methadone clinic w/in 100 miles. I'm switching to Suboxone very soon. The rapidly dwindling methadone has fiercely woken cravings for Opium. I've begun using again.
We've already found an apt. up north and signed a year's lease. I have to stop using the Opium -- I want to retain all I've gained in MMT. At the same time, I dearly love the opiate high, even the very slight intoxication that methadone provides. I've used opiates throughout my adult life, I can't imagine life without Her.