• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Prose The Lord of the Rings

think about it as a metaphor for what was happening at the time in real life.
yeah, there is definitely meaning behind it

It's really about humans being weak, the better-offs not willing to help until it threatens their lives and ultimately it's about how power corrupts and only the true of soul, those special type of humans (hobbits being simple good people) over coming evil. At least in my opinion.

Orcs used to be elves (rich people) who were corrupted and are now trying to take over the world.

The whole thing could be an allegory of modern world war, really.

yeah, there is definitely meaning behind it

It's really about humans being weak, the better-offs not willing to help until it threatens their lives and ultimately it's about how power corrupts and only the true of soul, those special type of humans (hobbits being simple good people) over coming evil. At least in my opinion.

Orcs used to be elves (rich people) who were corrupted and are now trying to take over the world.

The whole thing could be an allegory of modern world war, really.
With the pointe that dropping the ring in the volcano is the atomic bomb :D

Funnily enough, the "ring"/the atomic bomb escaped Mordor/Germany in the form of the Ring-Bearers/German scientists that would create it

This makes me giggle. The books are such an epos, there's no other word for it, but they still convey a very strong message about the time he was writing them in, that pays extreme attention to detail.

I want to read a good detailed fan fiction in which Gandalf takes the ring from Frodo, then second guesses himself see what happens

I want to read a good detailed fan fiction in which Gandalf takes the ring from Frodo, then second guesses himself see what happens
The problem, and Galadriel explains this too, is that it would just replace them as the Dark Lord instead of Sauron, consumed by the Ring. The Ring is still monster-crack, don't forget it. The more powerful the user, the more intense the yearning for the Ring.

Now imagine Gandalf as the Dark Lord, there's no chance anyone would survive.
Even someone as amazing as Saruman once was, got consumed by power.

Frodo is the perfect Ring-Bearer, because he is too weak.

How would he gather power, though? That's the idea I had, he had no evil affiliation at that point
See, that's the problem about the Ring. Gollum's the perfect example.
A weak creature, so the yearning's not even as strong.
Smeagol is what he was, and Gollum what the Ring made him.

By the time he would use the power of the Ring he would be consumed by it.
Galadriel says the same thing, so does Boromir.
If you use the Ring to destroy Sauron, the Ring will consume you, and you will take his place. That's not a choice, it's just what would happen.

Although I am a big fan of The Lord of the Rings, the film's shortcomings are hidden because many Tolkien fans know the book too well, and some exceptionally gifted ones have even learned the Elvish language. Any self-respecting hobbit, elf, or even worse, the goblin will find many inconsistencies in the film. So I suggest you check out thetolkienforum.com before you watch. Vobza This movie is very annoying fans. But ordinary people like it a lot. And in general, I can say that Jackson brought one of the most outstanding books of the twentieth century to the screen. The film does not pretend to be more, remaining almost verbatim adaptation.
Oh the movies are brilliant, I never said they aren't.
They are just inconsistent, and they don't make a lot of sense.

Goood movies though