• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I thought fat helped absorption? Or that food helped because it slows down the speed it goes through your intestines. Im asking here, not pullin an "akshually". Of course obviously a nice clean and pristine intestinal tract will be good at absorbing too.
according to studies i’ve read, food has no appreciable impact on lyrica bioavailability. but it has a significant effect on rate of absorption.

i take it the second i wake up to give it bit of empty stomach before breakfast, or it takes forever to get me where i want.

I'm just gonna jump in and go.

I am currently starting pregablin again and increasing my dose monthly til I get back to what worked when I stupidly decided to switch back to gabapentin for literally no reason.

I've been an opiate/benzo addict many years and I'm on methadone which helps me keep my opiate issues under control but I've fucked up my gaba system sooooo much with a couple of years of really severe alcohol abuse followed by years of extreme benzo use that when i am not actually taking benzos I become so crazy anxious it's unbearable. I literally white knuckled it 2 years just using methadone and hoping my brain would heal and my gaba system quit acting like my hair is on fire 24/7, it was horrible. Then I linked up with a psych prescriber who put my on Lyrica and quickly bumped me up to a pretty decent dose, forgive me for not remembering the exact amount. Finally I had some relief, I can't take benzos while enrolled in methadone but Lyrica is allowed and while it's far from completely fixed, my chronic anxiety is muffled somewhat.

So I got a wild hair up my ass and last spring told doc I wanted to try gabapentin after I read someone on Reddit who was super against pregablin and looved gabapentin.

Cut to me relapsing hard on street drugs and spending the summer in that familiar insanity with new actors like fentanyl performing the same play. So I got out of rehab in late Sept and immediately was like "doc I fucked up going off my pregablin, it precipitated my relapse and I bet it was linked to it %100, get me back on that shit like yesterday "

Now I'm impatiently waiting to get back to the therapeutic level that I was on before and annoyed about the entire learning experience I turned summer into.

Also, I get munchies worse on this chem than any other out of the dozens I've ingested over 34 years of life... Anyone else take one or two and suddenly feel like it's been a week since you ate? 😆😆😆😆

Of course . . . . . . . It would have the opposite effect on me !!

Curbs my appetite completely ??? ((Pregabalin, from prescription))

Lyrica is really helpful most of the time, however, I still have days and moments when I get anxiety. Are there other Lyrica users who also take something "as needed" for anxiety - a benzo perhaps?

***** Not only does it keep me from being hungry it gives me incredible energy. And it definitely makes me calm and not have anxiety. But isn't that called being high.

Anyway I do bumps of it as needed. I don't know what this stuff is but it's like a notch away from tripping on all kinds of stuff and all at the same time. I can't believe I went through a bottle of 26 capsules like they were evaporating.

Wow. I hope this new doctor just dopes me all up like the other medical doc's back in the day. I sure wish we still had pain management around here again.

I wish there was a place for pain management to still fit in here somehow in the community. I hate the thought of driving forever and across the county line just to get a godforsaken pill. The stupidity of it all and everything.

Well my doctor has to treat me before I start begging for treats. Loool. I'm going to need them with pain management out of town. So yes it's tough to have anxiety when I'm bombed out of my mind with Lyrica bumps. And it comes and goes in waves and sometimes I'm in a drunken stupor. But basically it works. Good.

I haven't really been through the quitting part yet . . . . ever ! . . and so far. Soo, I am probably going to need some help. And somehow, if I don't know how to ask properly.

Thnx !! *****

I'm loving all of this energy. I can't wait to wake up in the morning so that I can have an energy drink. At least. :oops:

I thought fat helped absorption? Or that food helped because it slows down the speed it goes through your intestines. Im asking here, not pullin an "akshually". Of course obviously a nice clean and pristine intestinal tract will be good at absorbing too.
Thats with gabapentin pregabalin works much better on an empty stomach.

How comparable is Lyrica to phenibut? Which is more recreational?

How comparable is Lyrica to phenibut? Which is more recreational?
Pregabalin is much more euphoric for me and i dont get the headache that phenibut gives . I keep phenibut for when my pregabalin habit gets out of hand and when i jump phenibut does help

Pregabalin is much more euphoric for me and i dont get the headache that phenibut gives . I keep phenibut for when my pregabalin habit gets out of hand and when i jump phenibut does help
I have quite a bit of experience with phenibut, but pregab has me curious. Apparently it's OTC in Turkey and I might get some to try if I go one day

I have quite a bit of experience with phenibut, but pregab has me curious. Apparently it's OTC in Turkey and I might get some to try if I go one day
Becareful with it the withdrawls on it are worse then heroin . Saying that it a miricle drug for heroin takes all the anxiety away the tolerance is insane so to get the best out of it leave it to 2 days a week . 300 MG your first dose will have you buzzing most the day give it couple of hours to kick in

Becareful with it the withdrawls on it are worse then heroin . Saying that it a miricle drug for heroin takes all the anxiety away the tolerance is insane so to get the best out of it leave it to 2 days a week . 300 MG your first dose will have you buzzing most the day give it couple of hours to kick in
TX for the advice,have no immediate plans to try it, but it just sounds like a
lot more fun than phenibut. I'm on high dose valium ATM, like 30mg a day, so doing if feel much if I had it anyways

TX for the advice,have no immediate plans to try it, but it just sounds like a
lot more fun than phenibut. I'm on high dose valium ATM, like 30mg a day, so doing if feel much if I had it anyways
Its a great buzz music sounds so good you are all floaty calm as anything i suffer from bad anxiety and this takes it all away

I have the same with phenibut, but am taking a long hiatus for now. Crave it sometimes. At my worst I was using 5g per day. It's no joke of a drug either, those WDs suck, @negrogesic knows
The pregabs totally cover the phenibut withdrawl . With pregabs unlike heroin the metal torture lasts at the same level for 6 or 7 days for me then like a switch its over. I went from 60 300 mg cut that by half straight away then a six month taper jumped at 100 mg with help of phenibut and valium and it was quite easy never just jump from high doses.

I have had countless heroin withdrawls never thought of suicide with jumping of high dose pregabalin i actually had the belt ready to stick on top of door

I just took my last Lyrica. I saved a little bit in the capsule for later but my bottle ran out.

I just took it to get it over with finally and of course I had a headache and still do.

This medication is not one that helps me out at all. The benefits do not outweigh the risks to me either.

To me it is completely recreational. And at least it will get rid of my headache.

I will be quitting lyrica until I can find some more of this good stuff. ;)

It's very trippy so I don't have to worry about falling. It doesn't take long to hit.

I am going to taper from it with gapapentin. lol
Wow I must be getting old. Damn headache. I am so glad I had some pregablin to take today.