• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I believe my lyrica usage has gotten a little out of hand. I went through 60 300mg pills in about a month or so. I’m now working through another 60. I started with 600mg a day, but tolerance is starting to manifest itself.

I also just finished 100 somas in a month and am now concerned about withdrawal. I skipped my lyrica for a day and preceded to have terrible nightmares filled with physical pain. I woke feeling depressed and anxious. My muscles felt as if they were on fire and my nerves were fried.

Im currently on 600mg and still have what appears to be withdrawal symptoms so I believe the somas may be the main culprit. I’m about to take another 300mg. Down the rabbit hole we go. I got to get my act together before I return to school.
I recommend that you try to stop. Lyrica is very addictive and withdrawal is horrible ... I managed to quit tramadol and oxycodone but I can't quit pregabalin

I recommend that you try to stop. Lyrica is very addictive and withdrawal is horrible ... I managed to quit tramadol and oxycodone but I can't quit pregabalin
I was on fairly high doses of lyrica for a year or 2 and the withdrawal wasn’t as bad as others report it to be. I was a bit uncomfortable for a week or 2, but that was about it. That was 4 years ago and I notice the more I age the more I’m susceptible to withdrawals and rebound symptoms, so perhaps this may be salient factor.

I have 55 300mg pills left. I’m going to begin to reduce the frequency and amount I consume. I didn’t take any today and will try to keep my usage down to 1-2 times a week.

@The Hypnotist
I have pregabalin from different brand (Milpharm) and on the box it says "hard capsule". Is this mean that capsule dissolve longer or what?
No, that just means it is a hard capsule opposite to a soft capsule like the ones of Omega 3 and the like.
Not all hard capsules dissolve at the same rate, but I really wouldn't worry about that as I feel it is negligible.

if you use pregablin / lyrica as prescribed, is it less likely to have issues like withdrawel and addiction ?

Lets say for example they put me on 400mg per day and i take only as instructed
I have a medication review coming up and im not sure where to go ive been on 100mg a day for nearly 3 months now tho

if you use pregablin / lyrica as prescribed, is it less likely to have issues like withdrawel and addiction ?

Lets say for example they put me on 400mg per day and i take only as instructed
I have a medication review coming up and im not sure where to go ive been on 100mg a day for nearly 3 months now tho
I was prescribed 450mg a day for about a year or so. I then gradually tapered off within a few weeks and didn’t experience much in terms of severe withdrawals. I may have been slightly uncomfortable for 7-10 days, but nothing incapacitating or anything. After subjecting myself to benzo and opiate withdrawals countless times this felt like a walk in the park. It appears that some are more prone to pregabalin withdrawals than others so keep that in mind.

I have some questions about Lyrica. I used all kinds of shit, but stopped using all kinds of shit 2009. Lyrica became popular around here after that. I have never tried lyrica, not a single time. I still drink coffee, smoke tobacco and weed, drink beer and there are benzo seasons. I have not had a single benzo for like 2 weeks, regarding that, i am fine. I only used 10 tablets of 10mg temazepam in like 3 days, to help me with my anxiety and insomnia. Doc's prescription. Seems like i am heading to outpatient care in the near future. They should contact me any day now, ER psychiatrist told me so a couple of weeks ago. Maybe i could talk to the doctor there about lyrica option? I am not going to get this stuff from the streets, if i get it, it will be from a pharmacy.

1. Could i replace the occasional benzos with lyrica? (i know everyone is different, but generally speaking) I am not addicted to benzos, but i "cure" hangovers with them sometimes, i might drink if i feel better afterwards and make it to the store and have money. So the benzo is still in my system while i drink beer, not cool.

2. Lyrica combined with a paranormal amount of beer. Dangerous? I mean yeah, a paranormal amount of beer and chain smoking is dangerous in itself, but will it fuck me up big time?

3. Have i understood this correctly, Lyrica is a little bit like benzodiazepines but not so addictive and not so harmful to the user? Not looking for "kicks" of any kind, unless you count being able to sleep and no anxiety "kicks". I do.

I could google all of these questions, but there are real wizards here who know, and who offer help, regarding harm reduction. I trust them more than "trusted sources" of google.

(Edited due to an awful typo)

@Ghost fart i can only tell you from my experience cause i've just started taking pregabalin instead of benzo/tramadol and after one capsule 100mg i feel like being slightly drunk but controlling everything. It's not causing me a problems in daily life.

@Ghost fart i can only tell you from my experience cause i've just started taking pregabalin instead of benzo/tramadol and after one capsule 100mg i feel like being slightly drunk but controlling everything. It's not causing me a problems in daily life.
Okay. Thank you for the reply. I am pleased to read that you are doing well with pregabalin. I have to study this thread more. Tons of pages :)

I have some questions about Lyrica. I used all kinds of shit, but stopped using all kinds of shit 2009. Lyrica became popular around here after that. I have never tried lyrica, not a single time. I still drink coffee, smoke tobacco and weed, drink beer and there are benzo seasons. I have not had a single benzo for like 2 weeks, regarding that, i am fine. I only used 10 tablets of 10mg temazepam in like 3 days, to help me with my anxiety and insomnia. Doc's prescription. Seems like i am heading to outpatient care in the near future. They should contact me any day now, ER psychiatrist told me so a couple of weeks ago. Maybe i could talk to the doctor there about lyrica option? I am not going to get this stuff from the streets, if i get it, it will be from a pharmacy.

1. Could i replace the occasional benzos with lyrica? (i know everyone is different, but generally speaking) I am not addicted to benzos, but i "cure" hangovers with them sometimes, i might drink if i feel better afterwards and make it to the store and have money. So the benzo is still in my system while i drink beer, not cool.

2. Lyrica combined with a paranormal amount of beer. Dangerous? I mean yeah, a paranormal amount of beer and chain smoking is dangerous in itself, but will it fuck me up big time?

3. Have i understood this correctly, Lyrica is a little bit like benzodiazepines but not so addictive and not so harmful to the user? Not looking for "kicks" of any kind, unless you count being able to sleep and no anxiety "kicks". I do.

I could google all of these questions, but there are real wizards here who know, and who offer help, regarding harm reduction. I trust them more than "trusted sources" of google.

(Edited due to an awful typo)
2. Not necessarily dangerous but a really bad mix as alcohol seems to block pregabalin effects for me. Not only that, even if they say pregabalin is not a gabaergic it is for me. I don't recover from pregabalin physical dependence until I stay free from alcohol and benzos for some weeks. The minimum intake of any of those brings back some of the stomach upset, smelly farts, running nose and depressive thinking which is the pregabalin withdrawal profile for me.
3. I would say that in terms of anxiety. If you are not looking for kicks and just use it occasionally in low doses to fight anxiety and insomnia. In any case, pregabalin is much inferior to benzos in the insomnia department, especially in low doses.

I have some questions about Lyrica.
1. I am prescribed lyrica for pain caused by nerve damage in my knee--it is effective for this purpose--but I find myself taking it more often as an anxiolytic. It seems to have myriad psychoactive effects, but one of the strangest things about it is that it seems, somehow, to be capable of acting as an upper and a downer at the same time.
2. Lyrica and a beer or two mix very well. Lyrica and a 'paranormal' amount of beer... you'll probably fall down the stairs. One of the side effects of Lyrica (in recreational doses anyway) is vertigo. I can attest that alcohol does intensify this effect.
3. Lyrica is not necessarily 'less harmful' or 'less addictive' than your average benzo. I think both are great in moderation and potentially disastrous in severe excess. The addictive potential for pregabalin, like benzos, obviously varies from one individual to the next so keep that in mind. I think I've noticed more of a mental dependency on pregabalin than a physical one (though I've never gone for more than 6 or 7 weeks without taking a break). Whenever I do take a break from it I do crave it, but I've never gotten physically ill like I used to with opiates. I take benzos (xanax) occasionally, but I simply don't think I've ever liked it enough for it to get its hooks in. As far as insomnia goes, benzos are definitely more effective... though I do tend to get pretty regular sleep while I'm taking pregabalin (much better sleep than I get if I take nothing at all, anyway). Strangely, it seems like I have a tendency to wake up like clockwork after around 6 hours when I take Lyrica, whereas I might be able to sleep 9 or 10 if I go to bed with a xanax. Some might even find that preferable, but I find it a bit irritating sometimes.
Who here has used both Lyrica and Gabapentin separately? If so, which do you like better and why?
The effects are similar, but I definitely like Lyrica better. They are similar enough that a dabbler might even get them confused in a 'blind taste test' (or at least similar enough that it's difficult to describe the difference), but for me, gabapentin seems to have more side effects in recreational doses. I'm not generally bothered by the brain static and vertigo (it's part of the experience) but somehow gabapentin just feels a little bit 'dirtier'.

Last edited:
Lyrica gives me anxiety and that's it. It does the opposite of a benzo .
I'm surprised/jealous so many get high from them.

it does kinda suck when someone describes a sought after experience and we try it and are dissapointed. kinda like seeing the look on someones face riding a roller coaster and thinking 'i need that'. we get on and instantly realize that its a kids ride and we dont fit.
we need standardized global effects from our substances.
vote yes on prop #g00ddroogz

Who here has used both Lyrica and Gabapentin separately? If so, which do you like better and why?
I was told gaba is stronger than lyrica, but the first one only calms my nerve pains and sort of stops anxiety while the other kinda fucks me up, i knock things off the table and run into walls and stuff, until im super dizzy and even fall asleep. So when im feeling worse than usual i take lyrica, otherwise i just take gaba. Idk really...

daily? maybe less labido but size isn't affected much iirc. ;)
Yeah I take them daily for sleep but they lose there effect after about a week so then I take zopiclone 7.5mg and that doesn't put me to sleep. Maybe if I take another 7.5mg I'll get some sleep.

Yeah maybe I was just imagining things about it getting smaller I did notice less libido.

Take 1500 mg of pregabalin at evening, 2 mg of alprazolam, 20 mg of diazepam and 800 mg of tramadol at night yesterday. Fuck. It was too much, I couldn't even speak and I was conscious I think for an hour and then I blackout. But while it lasted I enjoyed it very much. But it is definitely not recommended and I would not do it again.

I tried pregabalin recreationaly, first at 200mg, then 300mg, and then 450mg (with at least 2-3 weeks in between doses).

Finally my assessment is that, for me at least, this drug is only mildly recreational. Notes:
  • All trials were taken in the evening and mixed with weed.
  • Good: I had a good/fun/lazy night for each of these trials.
  • Annoying: I was less articulate on this drug. At 450mg I kept losing my train of thought when trying to explain something.
  • Good: When it was time to sleep, I slept easily and slept well.
  • Bad: The next morning I was still having trouble with coordination and was sedated.
  • Good: The next day had noticeable anti-anxiety effects.
All in all a very tame drug. If I did it again I'd stick with ~300mg or less, since 450 was too much for me (i.e. more sedating with no benefit), however I probably won't bother.

Just found out that Pregabalin won’t be available on prescription in NI (UK) soon but don’t know exactly when. Apparently GP’s are contacting patients soon who are on to get them onto an alternative med.

I take it for GAD and sleep issues - are there any alternatives that provide the same relief?