• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

gabapentin is very similar, but less potent and more difficult to dose (you can't take your dose all at once, it's even often prescribed in a way that makes it not absorb well, it needs to be taken at 300mg every 30-45 minutes, with food in the stomach, as it is an unusual drug that is absorbed via an amino acid transporter in the small intestine). But it has the same mechanism of action, the effects are less powerful but quite similar. it is less intoxicating and less addictive, though still produces withdrawals. It fully substitutes for pregabalin and vice versa, so you won't have to withdraw from pregabalin. I am nearly certain that is what they will switch you to as it is the closest drug and the only one that will fully substitute without issues, and it is considered safer and less prone to abuse.

Fuck! The last time I went to a drugstore they asked me for my prescription when buying Pregabalin. I hope it was just because my intoxication face and not some new law.

1. I am prescribed lyrica for pain caused by nerve damage in my knee--it is effective for this purpose--but I find myself taking it more often as an anxiolytic. It seems to have myriad psychoactive effects, but one of the strangest things about it is that it seems, somehow, to be capable of acting as an upper and a downer at the same time.
I find his to be true for me as well... I can only describe it as feeling tired and wired at the same time.

It's the only substance that really does this to me. I must say that Pregabalin is a great potentiator for many drugs though.. Especially goes well with Opiates and weed.

Just found out that Pregabalin won’t be available on prescription in NI (UK) soon but don’t know exactly when. Apparently GP’s are contacting patients soon who are on to get them onto an alternative med.

I take it for GAD and sleep issues - are there any alternatives that provide the same relief?
I hope this doesn't apply to mainland England also..?

Maybe give Promethazine a try for your anxiety and sleep issues...

they asked me for my prescription when buying Pregabalin
If ya in the US it is Rx only these days. The "lock-down" on pregab is popularly tied to the following perspective:
specially goes well with Opiates
Anything goes good with pregab imo/e; thought the same with gabapentin but to anotha leva fo sho. lol
And a hells yeah to weed and pregab. Nothing better than taking a few puffs on some good weed a few hours afer the pregab starts kickin in. Just amazing to me. Need someone to splice genes from the two and come up with some preg-anja or summin.
UK has always had a time with this chemical for some reason... I thought it used to be super expensive in the US (when it was lyrica and no generics) until I saw what they were paying. Cant remember the numbers but outlandish.

Fuck! The last time I went to a drugstore they asked me for my prescription when buying Pregabalin. I hope it was just because my intoxication face and not some new law.
No more pregabalin for you! (lol sorry Supersonic had to do the Seinfeld soup nazi guy).

In the US it is scheduled. My doc would have switched me from gabapentin to pregabalin but I wanted to stick with gabapentin. I get weird head twitches on pregablin over a certain amount. I also feel like I am going to lose consciousness. Goes right to my head. Gabapentin has a deep down body feeling for me. Relaxes me.

No more pregabalin for you! (lol sorry Supersonic had to do the Seinfeld soup nazi guy).

In the US it is scheduled. My doc would have switched me from gabapentin to pregabalin but I wanted to stick with gabapentin. I get weird head twitches on pregablin over a certain amount. I also feel like I am going to lose consciousness. Goes right to my head. Gabapentin has a deep down body feeling for me. Relaxes me.
I think the twitches on high doses are called myoclonic jerks... Anything over 600 mg and the same thing happens to me.

yeah I get that too, at high doses. I even fell down once. it's kind of alarming, but I rarely take it so I don't need to dose that high to get the effect I desire. I love pregabalin, the first time I ever took it, I had one of the best and most pleasurable highs of my entire life, it was insane, like a strong opiate combined with GHB and something weed-like (in that it was pretty trippy). It is hands down the best thing to help against opiate withdrawal, too. Gabapentin is quite similar but just a lot less intense... gabapentin is more functional and smoother. Pregabalin is quite intoxicating at sufficient dosage but gabapentin remains pretty functional even at higher doses.

I find it drastically increases my libido and causes me to get fuller erections.

Same stuff happens to me (with benzos too). The problem is l can't cum finish.

Hahaha 😂 I'm sure it was because of my intoxication face (tramadol, alprazolam, diazepam, codeine, tapentadol plus I ate nothing) and red eyes.

Anyway man, I've always wanted to try Gabapentin, even though the staggered doses sound like a real pain in the ass, but I'm used to doing it with tramadol by now.

And about the myoclonic jerks, they are scary, especially if you took it with tramadol. It's like a disaster waiting for it to happen.

Last edited:
I understand the myoclonic jerks. I get that sometimes with gabapentin. But with pregabalin it seems more sinister and shocks my head in a way that scares me. I think I just may get these side effects.

I do have pregabalin around too. I have to say as long as gabapentin works for me I am all about keeping tolerance low. Gabapentin can get rid of about 90% of kratom withdrawal for like a whole day or two so for now it does me good.

I understand the myoclonic jerks. I get that sometimes with gabapentin. But with pregabalin it seems more sinister and shocks my head in a way that scares me. I think I just may get these side effects.

I do have pregabalin around too. I have to say as long as gabapentin works for me I am all about keeping tolerance low. Gabapentin can get rid of about 90% of kratom withdrawal for like a whole day or two so for now it does me good.

Pregabalin also causes you a voracious appetite or is it just me? Gabapentin too?

At least the GP’s here can prescribe it for clinically appropriate cases.

Pregabalin also causes you a voracious appetite or is it just me? Gabapentin too?
Well when I do gabapentin I do have a lot of food available. I make it my treat day so as I stagger it I eat too and even get a large Coca Cola to chase it. Both gabapentin and pregabalin make me hungry but not in a benzo way. With benzos I can wake up the next day and realize I stuffed my face and fell asleep but not remember. :) But I am aware I eat when i have gabapentin or pregabalin. It does not kill my memory like a benzo. Much gentler.

Last edited:
What's wrong with this drug? I tapered from taking 450 mg/day to taking 150 mg/day for anxiety, and I can't really tell a difference in my well-being. Now I tried what would happen if I would take a single dose of 225 mg. Nothing! There really seems to be a terrible tolerance to the effects of this drug. Maybe I should stop taking it at all for a while and then try again?

Daily use makes it so you can't feel a thing in terms of a high/euphoria with gabapentinoids. Even 2 days in a row and I need like 3 times the dose to feel the same effect the second day. So I will only take gabapentinoids once every few days, I leave at least 2 full days between doses and I can experience the full effect every time.

If you've been taking it daily for a while, you probably will have withdrawals if you stop suddenly.