• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread (v2)

I had some sass that I think may have been one of these apdb compounds, as it wasn't like any mda I've ever had. I only tried 6apdb once intentionally. How do any of these compare? Any way less psychedelic and more stimmy, but still as psychedelic at least as mdma ? I guess it's impossible to say

Hello all
Does anyone reagent their 5mapb? Just trust the vendors?

How safe is its serotonin interactions?
I am a recovering kratom addict and still must take tiny doses to not be messed up.

Is it safe with DMXE in the blood stream? At the same time? My gut says that combo would be lethal- am I wrong?

I have, look through my threads I posted a fairly descriptive post on it.

It’s kinda similar to MDxx compounds but different enough to know it’s not.

-GC

Here ya are..

-GC

Ive just received my 5MAPB
Im going to take a small dab of delta 8 then im going to do a little test bump soon
edit test bump in water not gonna snort it

I am still curious if Ill be safe to test bump or use DMXE tomorrow

OK just took that test bump/sip
My scale is real bad with amounts under 100mg , took out what looked like 20-50mg
stirred that in some water, took one single sip.

Keeping my expectations and assumptions low.
Theres a fking dead skunk outside somewhere :x

Last edited:
Yeah it's like that for most people. I seem to be extremely sensitive to these psychedelic effects. For me they start at around 100mg (no redose) and peak in what can only be described as a heavy psychedelic trip at around 180mg (no redose), though that only occurs if I smoke weed during the roll. Weed is the trigger for me. And since these effects always make the my roll more hazy than normal I was wondering if I should expect the same with this combo. Detailed answer, thanks, really helpful :) It's probably going to be a while before I can try this out but I'm really interested to see how it compares to MDMA, so as soon as I can arrange the necessary supplies I'm trying it out

I too get increadibly psychedelic effects. At 500mg Im starting to see fractals, but I trip out MDA style long before that.

Wonder if I'm enzyme deffiant so = more MDA.

P.s hello, hope you are well. x

Whew. I had a very underwhelming experience (good)
Come up, like immediately after the sip(probably placebo) i felt a warm calm feeling and all the colors in the room seemed brighter and more enjoyable.
My tiredness which was already there definitely won over the experience bc I fell asleep and had a good nap. Still tired.

I dont know why I felt skeptical that it wouldnt be stimulating. Something in my head just couldnt believe that but cool!
Ive had MA before and I really just wanted to learn the feelings of MDMA which i hadnt had before.

I havent had anyone flag me down screaming No Dont! yet so Im thinking about testing a bump then a dose of my DMXE next, like in a few minutes.

This drug is not for me.
I am happy to now know I never want to take mdma/ecstasy ever or ever allow myself to go somewhere i might be pressured to take some (would be my own fault but still)

i am a very lonely independent running guy
i have a shell and i like that
this shit makes me want to talk to people
it makes sitting here doing nothing feel way too damn good for no reason and i dont like things that mess with my willpower
im not anti social i value my family and friends
but i say friends lightly i dont really have people irl that casually care about me or whatever
this drug just really really intensifies that making me keep picking up my phone to check shit that i know has 0 replies

Thanks designers, shulgin, everyone,
ill stick to more classic psychedelics and dissos.

This drug is not for me.
I am happy to now know I never want to take mdma/ecstasy ever or ever allow myself to go somewhere i might be pressured to take some (would be my own fault but still)

it makes sitting here doing nothing feel way too damn good for no reason and i dont like things that mess with my willpower
but i say friends lightly i dont really have people irl that casually care about me or whatever
this drug just really really intensifies that making me keep picking up my phone to check shit that i know has 0 replies

Sorry if I'm replying to what would be considered a dead thread. I'm new here.

I get what you mean, I've become more social over the years as I've learned to deal with my anxiety and I get that especially with alcohol. Without realizing I feel the need to talk to people and say things I wouldn't normally and sometimes it is great and I have experiences I wouldn't have had otherwise but other times I feel regret later and like I was acting a fool and not being me.

But with MDMA, it was really special for me. It helped teach me how to be more comfortable outside of my shell and showed me that if I have enough love for myself them I don't really need a shell. Just my 2 cents, if you've never rolled before I don't think you can go wrong giving it a shot and/or combining 1/2 to a full dose with a psychedelic. I actually refuse to roll without psychedelics now because they just pair so well. I haven't taken mdma in a long time but in the past felt it made me a bit more impulsive at times and with my recent 72mg 5-mapb + 2gs Golden Teachers experience, I felt incredibly content and felt like I realized a lot of good things about myself and life in general.

I have a bunch of 5-MAPB that I've been sitting on for several years. Yesterday, I decided on a whim that I would do an allergy dose this morning, so that I would be ready to take a recreational dose when the time is right.

I made several mistakes:
  • I decided to do 5mg as an allergy dose.
  • I used my cheap Gemini scale rather than my expensive analytical balance or volumetric dosing. I suspect that it is only readable to ±2mg. That means it could be as high as 7mg.
  • I didn't calibrate my scale. Afterwards, I weighed the 10g calibration weight that comes with it, and it read 10.008. That means it could be as high as 15mg.
  • I put one microscoop-full on the weighing dish. It read 7mg, and I said fuck it. That means it could be as high as 17 mg.
  • I took it with my prescription 45mg Concerta, because today was a work day. I think this may have potentiated it and prolonged the effects and competed for metabolizing enzymes, etc.
According to Psychonaut Wiki, 20mg is a threshold dose, and who knows how that number was derived. It could be from people with inaccurate scales and low-purity product and high tolerance

I had what felt like ASMR on steroids. I still feel scalp tingling after t+13.5. It honestly felt pretty great, but not very conducive to working. This also wasn't very useful for deciding how much to dose next time.

Please learn from my recklessness.

EDIT: Route was oral, in a gelcap.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of 5-MAPB that I've been sitting on for several years. Yesterday, I decided on a whim that I would do an allergy dose this morning, so that I would be ready to take a recreational dose when the time is right.

I made several mistakes:
  • I decided to do 5mg as an allergy dose.
  • I used my cheap Gemini scale rather than my expensive analytical balance or volumetric dosing. I suspect that it is only readable to ±2mg. That means it could be as high as 7mg.
  • I didn't calibrate my scale. Afterwards, I weighed the 10g calibration weight that comes with it, and it read 10.008. That means it could be as high as 15mg.
  • I put one microscoop-full on the weighing dish. It read 7mg, and I said fuck it. That means it could be as high as 17 mg.
  • I took it with my prescription 45mg Concerta, because today was a work day. I think this may have potentiated it and prolonged the effects and competed for metabolizing enzymes, etc.
According to Psychonaut Wiki, 20mg is a threshold dose, and who knows how that number was derived. It could be from people with inaccurate scales and low-purity product and high tolerance

I had what felt like ASMR on steroids. I still feel scalp tingling after t+13.5. It honestly felt pretty great, but not very conducive to working. This also wasn't very useful for deciding how much to dose next time.

Please learn from my recklessness.

EDIT: Route was oral, in a gelcap.

A couple of comments. When your scale is off at .008g (8mg) for a 10g weight that is then divided down based on the weight used of substance. So for a 10mg sample the scale would only be off .008mg. Essentially I wouldn’t worry about a discrepancy that small.

That said, a 5-10mg dose is definitely far from threshold. I’ve taken 10mg and actually felt effects that were enjoyable for the setting. I would certainly not want to take 5-10mg at work. 5-MAPB is the only drug I can stick my nose over the bag, smell it, and get a buzz from the dust in the air.

-GC

Thanks for that explanation. Makes perfect sense.

5-MAPB is the only drug I can stick my nose over the bag, smell it, and get a buzz from the dust in the air.

That's wild. I'm tempted to blame Psychonaut Wiki for listing the threshold dose too high, but it says to take the dosages with a grain of salt, so it's all on me. Imagine if this had been a mislabeled, more potent substance!

I should mention that I work remotely, and there were no meetings because of Thanksgiving, so it's not as if I was gurning in front of my coworkers or anything. My productivity yesterday was well within the parameters of my sober, ADHD self, lol.

Yea my first time trying it I did 90mg in two 45mg doses an hour apart, and rolled like it was my first time all over again. It was good but too strong at points, only time I ever said shit I regretted later. At the time there were impure batches going around and folks were recommending 150-200mg. I woulda fried like an egg on a skillet had I listened to that.

-GC

I would see a psychotherapist tomorrow and pay out of pocket despite being on Medicaid if they legalized this for therapy.

Wait...it is legal.

The therapists just aren't caught up to par yet unfortunately.

This drug is not for me.

MDMA-like drugs really only shine for me when there is music involved. Music, music, music!!!!

Much better if I'm either at home alone or in a large crowd so I can dance... especially with glow sticks! You'll love that if you haven't tried it. Check out some videos of how to dance with glow sticks and then just go crazy and have fun, especially if you're flying solo!!

So you need to play DJ!! It's fun! If you need suggestions check out the "What would you listen to if you were rolling right now..." thread in this sub forum. There are 46 pages of people posting music suggestions to roll to.

I like being social on bluelight when I'm rolling, too. There's been a few times I've gotten a bit silly though.

Also, since you like psychedelics, too, try adding one!! I hippy flipped for the first time earlier this year and have done it quite a few times since. Really killer way to do it, but plan on being massively high when you do. It really takes away any fear from the trip and really kicks the roll up a few notches at the same time!

I have a gram of 5-mapb in my pantry. What dose do you think would be the ideal for my first time with this substance? i have experience with mdma in the 150mg range Cheers !!

I have a gram of 5-mapb in my pantry. What dose do you think would be the ideal for my first time with this substance? i have experience with mdma in the 150mg range Cheers !!

To me it’s roughly twice the potency of MDMA, although purity can vary. I’d say 80mg, when taken alone I like to split the dose or take like 50 then 30 45-60min later. 90mg was almost too strong.

-GC

I had some sass that I think may have been one of these apdb compounds, as it wasn't like any mda I've ever had. I only tried 6apdb once intentionally. How do any of these compare? Any way less psychedelic and more stimmy, but still as psychedelic at least as mdma ? I guess it's impossible to say
Thank you for your contributions too this forum..
💙
R.I.P Brother 😢