• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

FXW4J4xXgAAXFKs

FXW5SQMWAAAy43J

chuckmate

He'll probably just end up paying the $1,000,000,000 ($1 bn) backout clause. It will only cost him $600,000,000 million though because he can write off the fee against his capital gains from selling off some of his portfolio earlier this year...

They seem real interested in selling tho, so maybe he gets a cheaper price. We'll see.

Twitter filed their lawsuit today. They're asking for a September trial. Since my options expire in September, this could be a case of "being early is just as bad as being wrong".

The Bank of Canada hiked by a full point! I wouldn't be surprised if the Fed follows suit at their next meeting. Bonds are getting really interesting.

Right. If Twitter at least gets the $1B fee, then that should be good for share price, I'd think

Right. If Twitter at least gets the $1B fee, then that should be good for share price, I'd think

The $1 billion fee is barely more than $1 per outstanding share, unfortunately. But Twitter's going for the whole $44 billion. They had a "specific performance" clause written into the contract which allows them to force Musk to consummate the deal even if he tries to back out. Most likely the parties will settle for something in between.

TSLA just reported earnings. Looks like they dumped 75% ($936M) of their Bitcoin so they'd have positive cash flow for the quarter

Nothing, I haven't looked at my account in a week, I'm stuck in copper and niobidium and a RUS fund bought shortly before (but not quite fast or slow enough) it closed. Thank God! I'm getting into the habit of time locking things like my drugs and alcohol, car keys, wallet, and cell phone, so the day to day is important, but I'm pretty comfortable where we're at right now, and not all that hopped up on my option plays at the moment.

Just sold my $UPST 24.55s for 28.50, even tho they report earnings on the 8th.

Some crazy person decided to buy my $ACAXW warrants today for .60 a warrant. They were .0351 this morning, and closed at .0996 today. That's crazy. Maybe they meant to buy 10k at .06 instead of .60 and just fat fingered the trade? I only paid .07 for them. I made over $5K on it.

Could have made like $500-600 more if I waited to sell my $UPST until today, but I made 395 on the trade, and they just missed earnings by 90%

It's down after hours right now to pretty much right where I sold, as of now

Could have made like $500-600 more if I waited to sell my $UPST until today, but I made 395 on the trade, and they just missed earnings by 90%

It's down after hours right now to pretty much right where I sold, as of now

Hey, you can't complain, you just profited from Mr C. Digits (first name Chubby)