• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

i just cashed out - im not fuckin around with this shit

i had everything on Coinbase....nice thing about them tho is when you cash out to Paypal, its there immediately

i got a couple hundred bucks still sitting on Voyager that i'll never see beyond the app telling me it's still there but i can't withdraw it

So everyone has been lying all week and nobody should be trusted

FhT-nL6XgAUZoJb

This is always recommended. I have gotten almost all of my crypto into metamask or other private/noncustodial wallets, and am staking wherever possible. I've got a little left over in Kucoin, which is my preferred exchange and always has been.

Speaking of Kucoin, I got an email from them offering a bunch of evidence of how they are solvent and not hiding anything. At a cursory glance, it checks out. But still, it's always best to not keep your crypto on an exchange. To me, exchanges are to be used only to buy/sell crypto, or as on/off ramps. Once you have bought your position, you should be moving it to a wallet you own.

yea right after i got that same email from Kucoin, i sent everything over to Coinbase....

im starting to learn that whenever they tell you everything is safe, that means it's really not

You ever looked into storing crypto off-exchange? I would. There is a learning curve, but that's the only way it's really safe. Plus you can stake for nice APY gains.

You ever looked into storing crypto off-exchange? I would. There is a learning curve, but that's the only way it's really safe. Plus you can stake for nice APY gains.

i did - i had some in a wallet and they raped me when i moved it - fees for this, fees for that - can't do anything for free - i shouldn't have to deal with that

and why should i have to pay $150 for a cold storage wallet?

i feel like i should be able to leave it on an exchange and not worry about it - especially one as big as Coinbase

i did - i had some in a wallet and they raped me when i moved it - fees for this, fees for that - can't do anything for free - i shouldn't have to deal with that

and why should i have to pay $150 for a cold storage wallet?

i feel like i should be able to leave it on an exchange and not worry about it - especially one as big as Coinbase

You don't... I've never paid anything for a wallet. Metamask is the most common, it's a browser extension. It depends on the network though. Like I said, there is a learning curve to understand how it all works. I've never owned a hardware wallet (what you probably mean by "cold storage"). But for example, for my ATOM, I have a Keplr wallet. For SOL, a Phantom wallet. For most everything else, Metamask. MATIC goes in Metamask, after you connect it to the Polygon network. It comes "out of the box" connected to the Ethereum network.

Anything on the Ethereum network costs money to transfer, because that's how ETH works (and why it's a dinosaur). But pretty much any other chain costs pennies to transfer.

You're probably good with Coinbase... but the only way to be sure is to move it off an exchange. Then it's only in your control. Any crypto on an exchange, you don't actually own, you only own it on "paper", but it's in their wallet, and if something happens, you could be screwed. Basically all the crypto on exchanges is in their wallet, and they have internal algorithms that allot X amount to Y account, until you withdraw it, it's not really yours.

It's worth spending a couple of days to learn about how crypto actually works.

pretty sure that's what precedes spending 4 years scouring a dump looking for the 3 bitcoin you have stored on a drive

i have a Metamask wallet but i never used it - i even have an extension in my firefox browser

i had a coinbase wallet - i had to pay eth gas fees when i put it in and had to pay again when i moved it out - i was unaware that was gonna happen so i didn't bother to try it out again

and i don't see how it's any safer if it's still somewhere online - can i still withdraw from my coinbase wallet when coinbase decides to halt all withdrawals? probably not....douchebags....voyager just did that to me 6 months ago

so yea i'd rather just get a hardware wallet - but i don't wanna pay $150 for a ledger nano x or whatever else they wanna take my money for all the while, im already losing money in a bear market that fell and just moves sideways forever and ever