• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Look at corn and soybeans too. Unreal. Everything has just been pure vertical since the pandemic. Really doesn't make sense aside massive amount of money being poured in. It has to pop. And will probably explode.

anyone with GME should pay attention to this

currently it's still shorted 120% - which means that those big funds have barely been able to close 20% of their positions - there is more to come here

it's amazing that it held at $200 today when there was an artificial block on purchasing new stock so the hedgefunds could save themselves

Thats a good article.

I mean shorting happens everywhere. Big money is laughing chilling and shorting lots. Not just gamestop.

You can naked put anywhere as well. You can naked call as well. Just the fact you can wield the power of 100 shares for barely anything is just how fucked the market concept of naked options is. As far as I know when you option a naked contract it simply creates virtual shares. Meaning there could be way more contracts out there claiming to own shares than there really is. What happened with telsa. So what do you do? Drive the price up, split the stock, and create the shares. And what they did. And what will happen again. Its all crazy.

That is good information on Robinhood. Anyone using them should get off asap. This is far from their 1st rodeo too. They had huge outages and / or halted trading many times in 2020. You can certainly afford half a penny a share to use a real broker. Not some cell phone video game looking thing.

@jhjhsdi.

You wanted some blunt advice so here it is. I could have sent you a PM but that would have been disingenuous of me.

If you were able to make anywhere between 5% - 10% monthly, consistently, on average, over a 12 month period, that'd put you somewhere around the top 95% of online retail traders. Do that consistently, on average, over a 5 year period, and without blowing up an account, and that'll probably have you in the top 98%.

They are crazy. You can't fight against the system like that.

There was a post there I was reading and went something like..

Hey guys, haven't been here in a few years. Just out of rehab, lost the house, lost custody of kids, but I'm back. Been building my wealth with OTM options slowly. And now have 15k in GME calls, blah blah blah. 15k in Silver calls. Lets take these fuckers down. (Also JPM has been controlling silver prices for a long time, so he is fighting 2 things fresh out of detox lol)

I was thinking, this guy is an idiot. No wonder he is fresh out of the rehab. He has taken gambling addiction to a whole new level. He has turned it into some kind of life destruction mission.

I won't be messing with wsb anymore. Never really looked at them much. Just use my head, the news, stocktwits, etc. Buying signals was crypto style back in the day and they rarely worked.

They certainly do remind me of the trump guys, though. In so many ways. The only difference is their complaints are certainly real and legit. But its not your system. You didn't make it and to think you can fuck over wallstreet just like that is crazy. Delusional almost.

Anyone still holding AMC?

Only a few % down. Just gonna hold it. Lets see what it does after hours. I trust these WSB guys :) A few of them just went to get loans and get a 2nd mortgage on their house. By monday we should be at the moon lol.

Yeah I'm holding it. lol

I'm like $800 in AMC so I'm just gonna hold it and see what happens. Right now I'd be at a couple hundred loss if I sold.

I bought at $15 avg which was pretty dumb lol. 100 shares. Down a bit :/

Come on WSB!!! Sell your houses!

Would be happy if it taps even $18 or so next week. Would happily take a run to $100+ too.

But guessing it just may hover around here for a bit. And then will take off in one direction.

Yeah I bought most of mine at 18.5 and some at 12, prob about 16.50 avg. I sold some NAKD I was holding for like 15% profit and bought 1 GME this morning at 289, too. We shall see. There's a decent chance to cash out with some profit given how intensely so many people are holding and buying more. Gonna give it a little time, since as I mentioned, I can afford to lose this money

I picture WSB like some old vikings.

Hold the line!!!!!!

Sacrifice the guy next to you!!!

Charge!!!!

Shield Wall!!!!!

BUYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

They talk like that a lot on purpose, I've seen some funny memes in there. Seems like some reasonably cool guys in there, but it's been flooded probably to like 50x the traffic this week because of the coverage (at least, I imagine). Tons of bots and shills and the typical all-caps shouters "WEN MOON" types I remember so well from crypto 2017. But my guess would be it's not usually quite so ridiculous. I dunno though, I only found out about it the other day.

I can just open an account online right? I have some experience in crypto, is it pretty much the same as just buying BTC, without needing your own personal/desktop wallet?
I run Linux (Ubuntu) on my laptop, is there a good desktop client (I have a good windows emulator installed if there isn't a Linux one) or is it all just done online?
Best site? Or is there just the one?
One more question (sorry for so many in one post) - if it's all online, why would it matter if I'm not in the USA? Or am i missing something 😅
Thanks, btw 👍

if you're new to investing then the best route is to open a tax-sheltered account with a discount broker offering self-directed investing, then pick some stable growth ETFs to buy and hold.

in the UK i think ISA is what they call the account equivalent to Canada's TFSA or U.S. Roth IRA. it's a type of account where you can park equity investments and not have to pay taxes on the profits.

terms and conditions apply, ofc...

I want to start looking to diversify into safer areas. Some good ETFs and maybe find a couple of companies I think will be good investments for at least a year. It's a little too white-knuckle for me to go into something so volatile.

if history repeats and we have a roaring 20s again then it's likely that small cap index (full of consumer discretionary) will show strong growth. Russell 2000 has already been gaining hard recently.

Yeah, I like russel. Going to add some. Like ITOT since a massive index. Whole market. Mixed with international stock IXUS. They move good.

Going to add some SPY and IWM (midcaps) soon. After correction if there is much more. Lets see what happens next week.

Of course always have some gld and slv. Will add some oil too.

Whenever this is all done, I'm gonna invest a good chunk of what I've got left (ideally nice gains, but either way) into some ETFs and go way lower on the risk. But this is kinda fun. :)