• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

was practicing day trading with the IQ app. made $357 in a hour trading telsa. Fuck me i wish i had 10k to acutally trade with. Telsa is fucking insane to day trade with really fucking crazy returns if you time it right.

after the market closed was taking a larger look at how things were going god dam our time zone is so different here the US markets are open from 2 am to 10 am. But Tesla i truly believe is something really worth day trading if you get it right.

Open $778.17
Today Low $762.01
Today high $799.84

That spread if you get market timings right has huge potential to make money if you already have the capital to invest. As i get my life back on track get through this post graduate degrees find a good paying job again invest along the way once i resave enough money i will dive more into day trading during the next couple formative years of rebuilding my life i will keep learning more about investment and trading. It has given me new light that if i play things right i can live a better life its never too late. Hard work and learning will pay off.

I wish i did not spend so much money on drugs if i kept it all i would of been a bitcoin millionaire :(.

was practicing day trading with the IQ app. made $357 in a hour trading telsa. Fuck me i wish i had 10k to acutally trade with. Telsa is fucking insane to day trade with really fucking crazy returns if you time it right.
Nice. I need to get into this day trading malarkey
I wish i did not spend so much money on drugs if i kept it all i would of been a bitcoin millionaire :(.
Ah man, don't even, if id kept even a measly 5% of the btc i spent, i would be so comfortable right now, it pains me.

It will be hard for me to become a day trader i first would need 25k-50k usd capital for the finaical regulations to get started which is a pretty hefty sum of NZD. But the profits would be insane but i would honestly need to move countries to avoid the high day trading taxes here. Fuck man they need to make it a more free market here i want to make fucking money without getting fucked by the government

Man the stock market is taking a fat dump the past 2 days. My ETFs are even all in the red (as in, worth some amount less than when I bought them).

Nice. I need to get into this day trading malarkey

Beware day trading, it is VERY easy to lose a lot of money. It's incredibly hard to time the market right. My efforts at day trading have usually met with failure, more often than not. Don't think that one good day means you'll always end up making money. Unless you have a real gift for it, or have studied. I guess watching the candlestick charts, if you know what to look for, you can read the market pretty consistently. According to some people I've talked to, anyway.

But yeah in America, unless you've held a security for a year or more, you get charged normal income tax on your profits. If you held it for a year or more, you just pay capital gains tax which is a lot less.

Ah man, don't even, if id kept even a measly 5% of the btc i spent, i would be so comfortable right now, it pains me.

Tell me about it. I used to buy multiple BTC to buy a few hundred $ worth of drugs, every time. Never occurred to me to implement some sort of policy like "for every BTC you spend, keep 1 BTC". Or hell, even a quarter of what I spent would be worth a small fortune right now.

yeah rip my btc drug money. lol at least i turned it into profit from flipping LSD back then...

but yesterday i put $1000 initial investment into a Roth ETF. I'm only 19 so by the time I am ready to retire i should be doing pretty well since i'm starting this early

and can someone tell me more about this pi market? i downloaded the app but it says you need a referral so i haven't done anything on it. it just runs in the background to mine on your phone?

I have a little less than half the total bitcoin I bought between 2013 and 2017. It's still a cool fortune from around $840 investment. That and the altcoins are going up. Not close to btc but also very nice.

If you're investing in biotech, are you doing vaccines? or mushrooms?

yeah rip my btc drug money. lol at least i turned it into profit from flipping LSD back then...

but yesterday i put $1000 initial investment into a Roth ETF. I'm only 19 so by the time I am ready to retire i should be doing pretty well since i'm starting this early

and can someone tell me more about this pi market? i downloaded the app but it says you need a referral so i haven't done anything on it. it just runs in the background to mine on your phone?

Yeah it's a great move, good job saving for retirement. :) You said a Roth ETF... did you mean Roth IRA? Anyway, put money in steadily, even if it's just $20 when you can. That money will double over and over by the time you retire. Ideally, try tio set up a percentage of your pay to just automatically go in there. You'll stop even thinking about that money as part of your income and you'll be sure to always be adding to it.

Regarding pi, yeah it just mines on the cloud from your phone. I'm kind of leary that it will really ever be anything but there is a discord server market where people exchange it for money. if it ever gets listed on an exchange, I expect there will be a massive sell-off which will tank the price temporarily. But it doesn't cost anything. I wouldn't try to set up a Node on your computer, I got virus warnings when I tried so I stopped it and undid all those changes.

Ah yes I did mean Roth IRA. Vanguard let’s you choose which stocks to use for it and I chose an ETF so that’s why i said that. I’m gonna treat it like a Netflix type bill if just $10-15 a month if that’s all I can afford at the time

And ok cool I’ll give it a shot. There’s no harm in trying...

everyone has btc regrets right

except someone I know (slightly) who spent 4 years in prison recently and came out to a very substantial amount of money....just sat in his cell smiling as he became richer and richer, the bastard

Ah yes I did mean Roth IRA. Vanguard let’s you choose which stocks to use for it and I chose an ETF so that’s why i said that. I’m gonna treat it like a Netflix type bill if just $10-15 a month if that’s all I can afford at the time

And ok cool I’ll give it a shot. There’s no harm in trying...

Yeah it seems harmless to just have the app on your phone. The only thing is that when it moves to the main net (right now it's in its test phase), apparently they are going to do "KYC" (know your customer, a crypto term where they supposedly make sure it's real people they're giving the tokens to) and you have to do it to actually be given the tokens... I am going to see what information they ask for. If it's more than just standard stuff the Internet already knows a million times over, I'm gonna pass.

Agreed I’d like to see what sort of ID they ask for. Most of the Bitcoin exchanges ask for a drivers license, which I’d rather not give to this new company

Is still around the guy that spat a lot of BS about BTC going to crash becoz tether and China and my dick, just before the bull run?

According to the report, Bitfinex has to publish all the assets backing Tether. This is going to be fun.

Uhmmm, this is getting hot.

Be careful with options, they move quickly and give either huge profits or zero.

I have been too busy snorting coke lately :eek:, but got into BGCP past Friday, the reason was a repeating bull bet via March $4 calls, and also BlackRock has doubled his position. So I bought shares at 3.99 there's some rumour that something will happen, but gods know if that's true, all I care is that some wise guy is accumulating there. I've set up a sell order at 4.6, just in case

That's my 2 cents, don't get too excited, is not advice to buy or sell, just a journal of my crazy ideas (and many times they go wrong)
Update on BGCP.

Didn't sell yet, it is relentlessly creeping it's way up, despite general markets volatility, which is a good sign, and also I can't find a better place to put my 💸

Today is ER, so will see if there's any surprise, my guess is that it could test precovid levels (around 5.4)

Really looking at these Cannabis ETFs.
Investing in the Cannabis Industry now while its so young seems like a no brainer. I just don't see it going anywhere but up over the next 5-10 years. I intend to slowly pay into them just like I do with my Mutual Funds and my Roth IRA.
Wish I woulda started a Roth IRA at 19. I think I looked at one of those calculators and saw that would net you like 7 million dollars at retirement.

Yeah I'm invested in the cannabis industry, for sure. It's already a big industry but with full legalization it will become massive. I think there will be numerous waves of hype (we're in one now too), but it will trend upwards and probably will news of full legalization it will go absolutely bonkers. Probably the time to sell will be at the crest of that peak and then maybe buy back in once the hype dies down. That will probably be a few years down the road. Just my guesses.