• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

That's something more like a fine. A ban is harsh. There are many exchanges out there. I would just hope they let you get your money out before they seize assets.

That's something more like a fine. A ban is harsh. There are many exchanges out there. I would just hope they let you get your money out before they seize assets.

Oh really? they can fine you for that? i only threw like $400 in there to play around with, which is $700 now - i sent some XLM from CB to KC because of the almost non-existent fee for moving XLM and then i bought some TEL which i sold and then bought LUNA which im still sitting on there...

i have some MATIC sitting on Voyager too but i dislike that exchange....it's always down - a few extra transactions and that's it for them - they're down....cmon

It SHOULD be a slap on the wrist. I know some about Bitcoin law, but coinbase acting like police and stuff.
Oh really? they can fine you for that? i only threw like $400 in there to play around with, which is $700 now - i sent some XLM from CB to KC because of the almost non-existent fee for moving XLM and then i bought some TEL which i sold and then bought LUNA which im still sitting on there...

i have some MATIC sitting on Voyager too but i dislike that exchange....it's always down - a few extra transactions and that's it for them - they're down....cmon
I've made some unsafe bitcoin transactions. But I"m just saying, reduce the fee to a fine, The feds are getting in the way of a good thing.

I also have bitcoinwallet.com. More there than most people will ever see.

i gave them all my info, so they know im here in the US on kucoin....and they still opened my account....and then coinbase let me send that there so im kinda confused whether it's ok or not...which is why i haven't put anything more than the 400 i already put there....makes no sense to me....but yea id rather have everything on kucoin

i like coinbase pro and regular coinbase but they both lack certain things - kucoin has everything on it plus almost every coin and it's almost never down - it's like the only exchange you need - or i need anyway

Can someone please give me a example when they successfully shorted a stock and bet that the stock would drop in value?

how long did you have to wait to make a profit???

i have no idea what that means

this is the only stock that i have:

I moved $3k of my stock market portfolio into crypto, and bought some spot positions to ride up. Thinking about putting the rest into stablecoins that I stake, I can get a better rate of return than most stock market stuff and no risk (unless you count the risk of simply being in crypto... which at this point I no longer do). The stock market is sketching me out right now.

My theory is "the markets" seem unstable because the top of the NASDAQ 100 is also the top of the S&P 500. Tech has always been a risky sector, diversity is important.

Can someone please give me a example when they successfully shorted a stock and bet that the stock would drop in value?

how long did you have to wait to make a profit???

I don't think my broker offers the option to short directly because of the leverage involved, but I'm able to short via options. The expiration date is baked into the contract.

Oh ok - i sent crypto to kucoin from coinbase and i don't think you're supposed to have a kucoin account in the US - so i wondered about that but everything went ok....was it kinda something like that?

Kucoin is my favorite exchange - they have everything too

Oh yeah Kucoin is the best. I think the US isn't into it but Kucoin doesn't care. Coinbase wouldn't care either, they just care about sending to "illicit" sources. Of course you should never send crypto to a drug vendor directly from an exchange, always use a private wallet for that.

I have a binance.com account... used to be my favorite as they have the most and largest volume. But now you need a VPN to log in if your IP is a USA IP address. They want you to use binance.us which is an absolute shit exchange, though I use it as one of my on/off ramps.

Only thing with Kucoin is that they won't let you KYC if you're in the US. So you can't go above 5x leverage in futures (which is fine, over 5x is sketch as fuck anyway), and if you lose your 2-FA account access you're fucked (they will only recover it for you if you did KYC). But also since no KYC, you don't have to tell them who you are, so less traceable.

i'm not big on regrets but, if i have one it would be that i did not start saving and investing earlier in my career. back in the late 90s i was making six figures in silicon valley and could have bought a house in san francisco and even a modest investment in the market would have been worth a fair bit today. but, i partied all the time and blew my cash on mdma and blow. good times :)

after a career break in winter sports, i got back in to technology about 10 years ago and started saving seriously about 5 or 6 years ago. i have the following:
  • a 401k through work. i get 50% matching up to a limit so i am pumping cash into that
  • a roth ira with raymond james
  • a general investment account with raymond james
  • a general investment account with betterment.com
  • an investment account with acorns.com
  • a savings account at my bank
  • a small amount of crypto
my advice would be to start as soon as you possibly can no matter how small your investment is.

it starts to add up pretty fast. for example, my acorns accounts is one of these accounts where they take round-ups from your checking account (e.g. i spend $25.75 on gas so they move a $0.25 round-up to my account and invest it). it's such small amounts i never notice it but i have had the account for about 5 years and it's worth $8300 ($2800 of which is market gain).

alasdair

I did my monthly holding assessment. I'm rich. BTC and ETH are at highs and keep climbing. That's the bulk of it.

It's a ways off from a million, but not out of sight. I would expect a dip coming, but the US Gov keeps spending.

I'm investing in hemp. My money says it's gonna be as big as marijuana if not bigger.

Gonna pull out as soon as the FDA decides to regulate this massive industry in the next couple of years.

FM8valHl.png

that's all im saying.....