• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

I've always been bullish on cryptocurrency but right now I'm more skeptical of it than ever. While I like Ethereum long-term, this NFT shit is fucking ridiculous and many altcoins are probably going to crash hard this year. I don't see Bitcoin remaining dominant either, would be surprised if it's not dethroned in 2-5 years by Ethereum or another coin. Monero has great technology behind it but has been crippled by its removal from most fiat exchanges.

Just throw your money into VTI like Warren Buffett always says, and/or a nice small-cap value fund like AVUV. Put a little bit into psychedelic stocks/the ETF (PSYK) if you want a nice little lottery ticket. Then maybe get some shares/LEAPS of a few stocks you like and you're set.

As for which individual stocks I like: I believe my biggest non-ETF holdings right now would be options in F, DOCU, AMD, and MU. Also have shares in ATAI, MNMD, and AXSM amongst a few others.

The NFT thing is absolutely a bubble. I think there are some legitimate use cases but right now the scene is so stupid. There are some cool art projects with it but the NFT aspect is kind unnecessary. NFTs will probably continue to be used after the initial hype bubble bursts for use in gaming, perhaps among other targeted applications.

Right now you can get whitelisted for any number of random shit pop "art" NFT mints and flip a quick 5x once the minting is done. I may be trying to do a couple of those. I've neglected it because it seems stupid but I'm not opposed to making easy money.

The crypto market is stagnant right now. Not sure whether we're going to go into another bear cycle or hit new all time highs in the next couple of months. It's not a good time to get into it right now though. I'm bullish on crypto/blockchain long term though.

The NFT thing is absolutely a bubble. I think there are some legitimate use cases but right now the scene is so stupid. There are some cool art projects with it but the NFT aspect is kind unnecessary. NFTs will probably continue to be used after the initial hype bubble bursts for use in gaming, perhaps among other targeted applications.
This is how I originally envisioned NFTs when I learned about the technology a couple years ago. Fortnite skins, weapons/characters in shitty P2W games, and online TCG cards. Not ape JPEGs.
The crypto market is stagnant right now. Not sure whether we're going to go into another bear cycle or hit new all time highs in the next couple of months. It's not a good time to get into it right now though. I'm bullish on crypto/blockchain long term though.
A couple good (amateur) analysts I know think that crypto will crash this year but likely have one last run in the first couple months of this year. They were projecting Bitcoin hitting around 70-80K before crashing to as low as 15. Seemed pretty realistic to me.

Crypto will boom while stocks will crash. We don't know exactly when, but it's soon. Gold will also follow a similar uptick. The dollar will be a bad transfer of wealth while alternative currencies, even something like weed, will become normal commodity. Seem far fetched? It's coming.

i love the crypto market - it's fun....i do wonder what it'll look like 20 years from now :unsure:

but yea i can't get myself into NFTs either - seems too stupid to me too but im sure i'll end up being the stupid one in the end :shrug:

Just bought BKKT at 6.28 for some reason, even though I think that tech stocks could go down this year. I guess I now have exposure to crypto in a way.

my life right now -
  • eat
  • drink
  • sleep
  • work
  • invest
  • repeat
<doomer.jpg>

sometimes i hug my knees and rock back and forth between the drinking and the sleeping.

it scares me that all my "wealth" is virtual but what can i do about it :\
I have been doing the same and getting very depressed. I had to start with less than 1k so its taking forever to make anything. I wish I had learned to program or another trade I could do remotely.
ATOM has been on a wild ride this past year.
I bought ATOM at $14 over the summer but sold before it took off. I made some money on it a few weeks ago buying at $20 and selling around $30. I now fear it might never drop back to those levels. I think ATOM, MATIC, Celo, Algo, Solana, and MANA will continue to do well. I might buy more Celo on the next dip. If people haven't looked into Celo, check it out. You can stake the Cusd stable coin using Valora wallet for 50% annual rewards; it also allows you to buy gift cards using Cusd.

Good luck everyone.

It was stuck between 20 and 30 over the past two months and recently shot back up to 40. Of course it can head back down to 20 or below, but since it got to 40 while the rest of the market was tanking makes me believe it might stay above 25 or 30 moving forward. Anyway, Im novice crypto trader and Fuck eth gas fees.

I've always been bullish on cryptocurrency but right now I'm more skeptical of it than ever. While I like Ethereum long-term, this NFT shit is fucking ridiculous and many altcoins are probably going to crash hard this year. I don't see Bitcoin remaining dominant either, would be surprised if it's not dethroned in 2-5 years by Ethereum or another coin. Monero has great technology behind it but has been crippled by its removal from most fiat exchanges.

Just throw your money into VTI like Warren Buffett always says, and/or a nice small-cap value fund like AVUV. Put a little bit into psychedelic stocks/the ETF (PSYK) if you want a nice little lottery ticket. Then maybe get some shares/LEAPS of a few stocks you like and you're set.

As for which individual stocks I like: I believe my biggest non-ETF holdings right now would be options in F, DOCU, AMD, and MU. Also have shares in ATAI, MNMD, and AXSM amongst a few others.
I hold ATAI shares and averaged down to about $7.99/share. The stock has been tanking the entire time I've owned it. I wish I would've bought puts on it a few months ago but now I feel it might rebound. It seems Compass Pathways is a better investment.

I have been doing the same and getting very depressed. I had to start with less than 1k so its taking forever to make anything. I wish I had learned to program or another trade I could do remotely.

I'm not actively trading right now, just parking as much money as I can in ETFs that are safe harbours against interest rate normalization.

We're heading into uncharted waters with rate normalization. This is the needle point coming to prick the crypto bubble, real estate bubble, and equities bubble.

A lot of people that "retired" from the workforce recently are going to be in for a shock.

Aaaaand it crashed lol. Glad I sold some.

Edit: I'm down to owning .4% of all shares now, sold ~60% of my position today. Watch it go to like $5 now lol (would be almost $26M market cap) and I miss out on a ~$250K payday.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of Solana talk lately, how's that going?

Bitcoin seems to be falling along with U.S. equities. It's been a rough week for the portfolio.

I'm seeing a lot of Solana talk lately, how's that going?

Bitcoin seems to be falling along with U.S. equities. It's been a rough week for the portfolio.

i have a little bit of SOL

it's in the shitter with everything else....but it does have super cheap gas fees and it's super fast....and Mike Tyson says he's "all in" on solana

I was aware that the entire Crypto market was overvalued but I didn't expect a drop this severe to happen so quickly. Luckily I took what little money I had in there out around XMas. Anyone have an idea of where the bottom might be? I am gonna guess that BTC doesn't drop below 30k.

I am hopeful SoFi will become the next Gamestop this February around the time of the Super Bowl. It's a solid finance app that offers far more than both paypal and cashapp, and currently trades under $14.

Good luck