• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Took me a second: "What, why would the U.K be initiating more quantitative easing now?" ... "Ohhh, right..."

ack, i forgot to consider the meaning of those letters in macroeconomic context :\

in other news, i've been reading about the current labour crunch. we're between a rock and a hard place now - cost of living is still too elevated for the current wages but if wages spiral higher then inflation will stay elevated.

silver.gif

Wow. Maybe it's because Russia started blowing up the power plants in Ukraine like a real war

silver.gif

Buy Intel? It's down to $29. $INTC

They're building a chip factory near me

15 year chart
FckTM-VacAE1Pof

Lost every cent on my Twitter bet. :cry: I still think my timing was bad, but the thesis will ultimately be borne out. Unfortunately, in the options game, early is as bad as completely wrong.

Nice. They have warrants that are in the money above $11.50. RUMBW

They're at over $1.50 premium right now tho

The S&P500 is very close to testing the yearly low it reached in June. I think the market is overreacting to the last Fed meeting and will bounce back quick in the first three weeks of next month but might sell off again once earnings come out the third week of October.

Unfortunately the next 18-24 months are not looking good for crypto and tech stocks.

*** Not financial advice

I'm going to go long natural gas ahead of the freeport lng plant reopening in November. We'll probably export a lot of natural gas to europe this winter

I'm holding a large crypto portfolio that I mostly bought during the hype... just like 2017. I'm down a disturbing percentage, so I'm just ignoring things, mostly. I have made a few small buys, my plan was to take $100 a month and stick it into crypto, but I have been holding off on that, because I think there is a more downside.

However, I am planning to start buying again once we seem to have truly settled into the new bottom (I'm guessing around $12-13k). Just holding until the next wave...

How's about that ecomedy? :itsfine2:

I've been bullish on covered call ETFs lately, they are good shelter in down times.

Now I will shift gears and pump into S&P 500.

I'm also thinking of selling CCJ and buying SHEL.

I’ve been watching SHEL for a while. My current watchlist is:

XLE,XLF,CCI,PLD,IYR,BOIL,KOLD,ES,
NGG,MRO,URG,JPM.

I would scoop up SOFI if the company could get its stuff together and fix the problems with the app. Something doesn’t work every time I use it. I would buy ZIM for dividends if I had more money.

Last edited:
Nice, I started scaling into BOIL on Friday. I think it could go up a lot over the winter with the Freeport LNG plant reopening in November

I’ve been watching SHEL for a while. My current watchlist is:

XLE,XLF,CCI,PLD,IYR,BOIL,KOLD,ES,
NGG,MRO,URG,JPM.

I would scoop up SOFI if the company could get its stuff together and fix the problems with the app. Something doesn’t work every time I use it. I would buy ZIM for dividends if I had more money.

I actually only recognize one of these. Why are you watching these particularly?

I'm kind of just holding back and playing it conservative now. I don't see a clear path ahead in terms of trading opportunities. It's hard to tell where growth can erupt in a rising rate environment. Maybe we're in for a long winter...