• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Lmao the FTX CPA had a headquarters in the metaverse

Fhxt6R9XEAEKvjy

I think that number may be due to a hack, which appears to have been done by the Bahamas SEC to seize assets

FTX - Enron
Newly appointed FTX CEO John Ray III scorched Sam Bankman-Fried for a total absence of trustworthy data and lack of financial safeguards. Ray, who led the restructuring of Enron, said that FTX lacked adequate human resources, cybersecurity, accounting and auditing teams.
Fried is just another frontman. I mean look at him. Scruffy fuck. You think this guy could run such an operation? His parents are Prof's at Stanford. There's connections all over the shop on this one: WEF, Ukraine, American political parties, and so forth. It's clearly a front operation for the establishment to run their dirty money and other tricks. And now we have the same guy who helped 'restructure' Enron now involved, who is going to keep some of the big creditors involved off the books and away from scrutiny.

I think it's a sign of what I've been saying is going to happen. The crypto scene is a scam, one that the establishment helped create - I've heard Goldman Sach's and the CIA are linked specifically to Bitcoin. There's been a tremendous pump, getting people to pour in their money over the past couple of years, and then they're going to pull the plug on it to transfer all the wealth away just like they've done here with FTX. And then swoop in with their "we need to regulate the technology, the technology is gud, here is our shiny new CBDC's that you can trust!".

I don't think crypto is a scam, but it's certainly the wild west, and it's absolutely full of scammers and grifters. But if you really understand blockchain technology, crypto is about far more than currency. It provides architecture for decentralized Internet 3.0. Smart contracts and distributed processing across the world's computers. Done right, it removes the ability for any central authority to have absolute control over it. Whether that ideal comes to pass, we shall see. But most people just think "bitcoin" when they think of crypto, but bitcoin is a dinosaur, and is not what people are excited about. Ethereum evolved the space into an architecture for applications, and the next generation of blockchains has solved Ethereum's problems. Centralized exchanges are the attempt by big money to capitalize on the space and retain control of it. But there is far, far more going on in the crypto space than FTX and centralized exchanges. It's about blockchain as architecture that is by nature unable to be governed by a single governing body.

But if you really understand blockchain technology, crypto is about far more than currency. It provides architecture for decentralized Internet 3.0. Smart contracts and distributed processing across the world's computers. Done right, it removes the ability for any central authority to have absolute control over it. ... It's about blockchain as architecture that is by nature unable to be governed by a single governing body.
It sounds good on paper, I just don't buy it. If it fits the bill you describe there's no way it will ever be allowed to get off the ground, not unless the establishment have guaranteed some sort of backdoor or method that allows them to supersede its uncontrollable aspect. Especially given we're talking about financial exchange, the primary instrument with which they can control mankind. There's just no way they're going to willingly allow a competing system to intrude on their turf.

Certainly they're not going to want to let that happen. So I guess we'll see how it plays out. It's still in its infancy stages. Something I feel comfortable investing in, but certainly not with anything I can't afford to lose. I don't have any greater confidence in the stock market at this point, really.

Just buy funeral service stocks that also pay dividends. I doubt death rates are going down any time soon

Suspicious. Though helicopters are dangerous as fuck. The one time I rode in one, we were flying over the Grand Canyon when my family visited. I was in the front seat and the pilot was showing me all about the controls and stuff and a storm blew in... never been so scared in my life. The pilot was white knuckling it and pale and sweating, and when we landed, he closed his eyes and muttered to himself before regaining his composure.

Not dangerous enough. The royals and assorted parasites use them all the time and for some reason the reaper chooses not to push them into the side of a mountain. For shame.

But yeah, you'd never get me in one. Every flying thing on this planet has wings. The only things that spin are those seeds that fall to the ground lol.

It was pretty exhilarating, but knowing now how close it came to disaster, I don't think you could get me into one again.