• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids **The Oxycontin Mega Thread.** - Can't find your thread? Its in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
We see so many threads about this on here so I thought maybe a informative 'Whats the real deal' thread might be helpful. If it aint, mods do what it do. :) If a mod can think of a clearer or better title it would be cool tho, since I cant come up with a good one.

What Happened to Generic OxyContin? What is the update on the situation now?

In this thread I put the current status of all the generics at the end, so if that is what you are here for just scroll down. For the people who are confused about how it all happened and all that stuff , read on....Once Upon a Time, Purdue Pharma had a patent on OxyContin, and there was no generic pills. In 2005, the US court of appeals decided that Purdues patents on the pill were partially unenforcable, since they had lied and claimed that there was a special mechanism delivering the medication , which was un true. They said Purdue was illegally blocking manufacture of generics. This is when the whole circus started. Endo, Impax (Now distributed through Dava Pharma), Watson/IVAX, and TEVA were the main generic brands. Im sure there might have been other ones but its hard to get that info.

-Endos had the E7XX stamp on them. (E702, E703, E705, and E710 for 10 20 40 and 80 respectively.)

-Impax had the G16X stamp on them. (G161, G162, G163, G164 for 10 20 40 and 80. These were the white 10s, pink 20s, purple 40s, and orange 80s. They were the only generics AFAIK that did not have the usual oxy colors of 10/white 20/pink 40/yellow and 80/green which is why I mentioned it.)

-TEVA was the first generic manufacturer and makes the "football" pills, ( Stamped with 93 on one side, and 24, 31, 32, 33 for 10 20 40 and 80.)

-Purdue (ABG's) manufactured the ABG stamp pills, with IVAX pharma originally bein the distributors, and then later Watson earned exclusive rights to be the marketers of the pills. Purdue made the pills and sold them to these 2 companies, with purdue makin a share of the profits from the distributing companies. (These were the most familiar stamped with ABG and 10 20 40 and 80)

-Purdue makes the brand name of course, and yall know what that looks like but just for continuity sake they say OC 10 20 40 and 80. (FYI, Purdue reversed the decision to stop making 160mg OC's and they are listed on the Purdue website as being a current product. Those 160's got stopped for a while after 2001 when the crazy OC publicity really started goin but are back in business now, tho I doubt any of us will see them, since they only get prescribed to 1% of OC patients.)

This went on for a while with all these pills bein available. Then, in 2006, Purdue kept appealing and eventually scared all the generic companies into shutting down, or coming to some kind of agreement to work on in the future.

Endo's were the first to go, and Purdue came to agreement with them that by December 31, 2006, they would stop selling all generic oxys. To read the whole official document (NSFW to save space and eye strain):
NSFW:
Purdue and Endo have now settled the patent infringement lawsuit between them that was pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. According to the agreement, Endo will stop selling infringing versions of OxyContin by the end of 2006. In exchange, Purdue Pharma will not pursue damages against Endo for Endo's past infringement of its OxyContin patents.Under the terms of the settlement agreement, Endo will no longer dispute that the Purdue Pharma OxyContin patents are valid, enforceable and infringed by Endo's extended-release oxycodone product. The parties also have agreed to propose to the Court a consent judgment holding that Endo is infringing the Purdue patents and prohibiting Endo from infringing sales after December 31, 2006.

Impax was next, but they didnt get totally shut down like Endo. They agreed that by June 14 of 2007 they would stop marketing their generic OCs, with a possible deal in the future that might allow them to continue making and marketing the pills. They had to stop by that date but may be still making pills, I could not find info about that situation I dont think they set the conditions yet. The whole announcement:
NSFW:
Purdue Pharma announced, on April 2, 2007, that it had reached a settlement ending the OxyContin® suit with IMPAX Laboratories. Under the terms of the settlement agreement, IMPAX acknowledges the validity and enforceability of the OxyContin® patents and concedes that IMPAX’ extended-release oxycodone products infringe Purdue’s patents. In return, Purdue agreed to cease pursuing damages against IMPAX for past infringement. Purdue, additionally, agreed to grant a license, which allows IMPAX to continue marketing its extended-release oxycodone products through June 14, 2007 with possible continued distribution rights in the future. The settlement agreement is presently being reviewed by federal antitrust authorities before being submitted to the federal district court for consent.

TEVAS are still in production right now, but must stop at a later date that they did not determine yet. Official statement:
NSFW:
Purdue Pharma L.P. of Stamford, Connecticut and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. of North Wales, Pennsylvania have agreed to end their lawsuit concerning certain Purdue Pharma patents on OxyContin (oxycodone HCl controlled-release) Tablets. Under the terms of the settlement agreement, Teva will cease selling its infringing oxycodone products at a future date and Purdue Pharma will not pursue damages against Teva for past infringement. The settlement agreement is subject to certain contingencies, including review by the United States antitrust agencies and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

Purdue stopped selling the generic pills they manufactured to Watson to market and sell. The Watson does not list any generic OxyContin on its product list on its site, only generic percocet. I couldnt find a official statement that they did stop , but judgin by the Watson site, and a couple listings I see that say the status of ABG is DISCONTINUED, its safe to say that there is no more ABG's that are bein manufactured.

So.....To end the question once and for all.....

PURDUE BRAND : STILL AVAILABLE
ABG BRAND : DISCONTINUED
ENDO BRAND : DISCONTINUED
IMPAX BRAND : STILL AVAILABLE, with license to produce limited amounts thru Dava Pharma until at least January 28, 2008, or until it sells its quota, whichever is first.
TEVA BRAND : DISCONTINUED
MALLINCKRODT BRAND : STILL AVAILABLE

Now, dont get confused and think that some of these pills are bein made just because there is still some of the generic G-stamp and ABG stamp pills goin around. since the pharmacies were stocked with these and they take a while to sell out ,some people still have these. but they aint bein made no more, so once these stashes are gone, that is is. Endo pills stayed around til about New Years but I aint seen one since.I hope that can help some people who always got questions about how the whole generic oxycontin lawsuit and result came about. That is all the history that I know on the situation, and its up to date right now. If it changes in the future I will try and update it.

UPDATE; Edited November 27, to include new info on Impax generics thanks to allovers research. see availability chart

[THIS IS THE NEW OXYCONTIN MEGA THREAD. ALL OXYCONTIN RELATED QUESTIONS SHOULD NOW BE DIRECTED HERE. - 6/7]

Last edited:
PURDUE BRAND NAME - All Doses AVAILABILITY: AVAILABLE - Does Not Gel

NSFW:
productoxycontin.gif

TEVA GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED - Gels When Wet

NSFW:
10mg
teva9324.jpg

20mg
oxyc031a.jpg

40mg
oxyc032a.jpg

80mg
oxyc080c.jpg

ENDO GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED - Gels When Wet

NSFW:
10mg
oxyc010f.jpg

20mg
oxyc020e.jpg

40mg
oxyc040c.jpg

80mg
OxycodoneAPAP80mg.jpg

IMPAX GENERICS - 20mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED (as of 01/28/2008.) - Gels When Wet

NSFW:
20mg
20mg%20Controlled%20Release%20Oxycodone.jpg

80mg
Picture%20057.jpg

ABG GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED - Does Not Gel

NSFW:
10mg
ABG10OxycodoneER.jpg

20mg
ABG20OxycodoneER.jpg

40mg
MVC-041S_0.JPG

80mg
Generic%20OC%2080mg_0.jpg

MALLINCKRODT GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: AVAILABLE - Gels When Wet (Severely)
NSFW:
10mg
OxyER-10mg.jpg

20mg
OxyER-20mg-rev.jpg

40mg
OxyER-40mg-rev.jpg

80mg
OxyER-80mg-rev.jpg

Still need pictures of 10mg and 40mg Impax brand. If anyone knows where they can be found, PM me (sixpartseven).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxycodone/Oxycontin FAQ by sixpartseven

This FAQ is going to cover a few of the most basic questions asked in OD. Any other questions can be posted in this thread, and possibly edited in to this FAQ.

Whats the difference between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
Oxycontin is a brand name of the extended release formula of Oxycodone, which is an opiate analgesic.

Whats the best route of administration for Oxycodone?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=266339
Bioavailability/Half-Life MEGA Thread said:
Oxycodone-oral 60-87% intranasal- 55-70% IV - 100%
Even though it may seem obvious that IV would be the best ROA, its actually not, simply because IVing pills is not a good idea. The upside with Oxycodone is that its oral BA is so high, that its not a huge trade-off to take it orally rather than by IVing. You will miss out on the rush, but its debatable whether Oxycodone even has a rush. Of course its subjective, and the only way to know is to find out yourself.
Of course you can always insuffulate the Oxycodone. Its probably the most prefered method of injestion by many Bluelighters, next to oral injestion.

I want to IV it, so how do I do it?
First, know that if you are going to shoot, you can only shoot Oxycodone brand pills that DO NOT have APAP (Tylenol) in them. The ones that are acceptable to shoot are brand name and ABG brand Oxycontin, and Roxicodone or its generics.
If you are deadset on IVing it, you need to know that its not like prepping heroin. A lot is the same, but there are a few key steps that are different.
First, you need to get the wax coating off. DO NOT PUT THE PILL IN YOUR MOUTH. A lot of people like to suck the coating off, but remember that this pill is going to go inside your veins. The bacteria inside your mouth could, at the very least, make you sick if you inject them in to you. So instead, get a Q-tip, get it wet, and scrub the coating off with that.
Next, place the pill in a clean cup or spoon and crush it. Be careful to not make little pieces go flying evrywhere. Thats the worst thing in the world when half your pill goes flying across the room at 100 mph, then you have to try and find it on your white carpet.
Once its crushed up, add .8ml - 1ml of water to the powder in the spoon. Stir it up nice and good.
This is where it gets different from prepping heroin. You can heat heroin, but you do not want to heat Oxycontin. Heating any pill will cause unwanted fillers and binders to go into solution.
Filtering is the most important step. Its best to have .22 size micron filters to keep particles and bacteria out of solution, but, you should first filter the solution with cotton, because if you dont, youll have a hard time getting the solution to go through the micron filters.
Once the solution has been filtered, you are ready to inject it the same way you would anything else

How much do I need to get high?
This is a question no one can really answer except for yourself. There is one thing that can help you figure it out though, and thats the opiate dose converter:
http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi
Its not an exact method, but it will give you a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, holy shit. I was mad hyped up drinkin my strong ass coffee yesterday and I really got into that shit. It dont even sound like me, gettin all technical on they ass!!

Anyways, thank you guys but I just hope this could be a resource that people can come to directly with any question they would have about oxys , generic oxys, how they got stopped, what the future situation is, and all that. That shit gets asked just too much. I dont know what questions you could have left after readin this, i tried to cover everything i could possibly think of. If it got stickied I would leave that up to the mods to decide but I wrote it with the idea that maybe it would get saved somewhere as a tool or resource like i said, so that would be the ultimate honor for the post.

Edit: Oh beat, i wanted to change that text from purple to yellow so i just edited the main post but it looks like shit. Like red=stop green=go so yellow is inbetween, thought that would make sense but you cant read it so i guess purple gonna have to be it.

this is great info - thank you for the time you put into it!
i had my first script of OC last weeks, filled at the pharm only to come home and discover they were teva
next script i will request brand and pay the higher copay - from lots of reading here at BL i'll be much happier - i'm an eater, don't snort or shoot.
just sharin ..
thanks lacey

thanks for clearing that up for the people to lazy to research it themselves

excelant post lacey

i am so bummed that teva are the only generics they suck

originally i thought that abg was going to be the only generic but somehow that shit got switched up at the end

teva must have made an offer that purdue could not turn down

i bet teva had some dirt on purdue and they blackmailed them into stopping abg and letting them get all the generic bussiness

it really sucks that most insurance companies wont pay for purdue only teva

there is deffinatly a difference in drug bioavailability once again if i did not say it teva sucks

i miss my oc and abg oxy i hate teva they are the worst(did i say that allready?)

again lacey good job girl

I guess I'll throw in my $.02 as a long time OC user. I find the Teva generics to be fine provided that they are dosed orally after allowing the pill to disperse in liquid for a good length of time. I guess I might be the only one. I love insufflating OCs, but I'll happily take a Teva.

I prefer a regular one but the Teva ones while they suck, it aint like its nothing. Damn, who would stick their nose up in the air at a Teva OC when they are withdrawling or in pain, cmon peeps. somethin is better than nothin.

But while i think the G stamp pills suck/ed, they might still be around or continuing, so dont count them out JUST yet. They definately been around pretty recently. They kinda in pill purgatory right now deciding what they will do with them.

Anyways, All i ask is that if you see this thread droppin give it a bump, cuz once its off the front page, it will be right back to "WHAT IS THIS OXY IT IS NOT PURDUE IS THIS OXY GENERIC CAN I GET HIGH OFF OXY GENERIC" and so on. :|

^did you read the thread? It explains the entire thing right there. Obviously ya didnt, other wise you would not have that question LOL. I am tempted to tell you but know what, read for yourself, the whole story and more than you could want to know about is like 15 posts above you. ;)

Allover, thank you! Im updating the info about the new Impax settlement right now. Ima always try and keep this up to date, that was some good info n a great heads up. :)

No more ABG? That's too bad.. everyone knows fuck most generics, but ABG was like a shortcut to getting the real deal. Burned a little more insulfated, but worked damn well compared to all the others and were cheaper at the pharmaceutical level.

^^I loved endos when they were around...Bigger, burned more, but i swear that ish fucked me the hell up like crazy. Those 80s were bomb. I was gettin them for so long that I got used to the burn even tho i had used the brandname n abg's before. it was hard for me to get off as hard on those 2 cuz I guess my brain got used to feelin a burn associated w/gettn nice and high. for a while i didnt like namebrand ones as much but that changed when the endos were gone. Thas jus my 2.

lacey k said:
^^I loved endos when they were around...Bigger, burned more, but i swear that ish fucked me the hell up like crazy. Those 80s were bomb. I was gettin them for so long that I got used to the burn even tho i had used the brandname n abg's before. it was hard for me to get off as hard on those 2 cuz I guess my brain got used to feelin a burn associated w/gettn nice and high. for a while i didnt like namebrand ones as much but that changed when the endos were gone. Thas jus my 2.

Ya my buddy was the same way, he liked the Endos the most because of the extra burn they give when railed. He always called em the burners. I never really cared what we got as long as they were original, ABGs, or burners.

^^Haha, yea we called em burnies. I dont try n refer to em as that all the time on here just cuz I diidnt know other ppl used that term but i guess I was wrong. And i agree w/you on those 3 but know what....In the end I dont really care. High is high sometimes you just gotta work a lil more at it u feel me?

Im wonderin if anyone actually does LIKE the teva's instead of just dealing with them w/out bitching?

Oh yea maybe we should post the official microwave trick in here for anyone that dont know about it (for refining tevas to make them better to snort.)

Status
Not open for further replies.