• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-MeO-DIBF Thread (Benzofuran analogue of 5-MeO-DIPT)

Yes, it's definitely around in the UK.

50mg pellets have gone on sale today.

I will be ordering on Monday and will post a TR as and when I have conducted my experiment.

I've just spotted it also, placed an order. Will have to wait before trying it for my tolerance to decrease though, due to a fair bit of 1P-LSD use.

I am currently undergoing a research on one of those 50mg pellets and an very dissapointed. I ordered 5 so after a week or two ill try taking 100mg. Its been about 3h since i took 50mg pellet and it all feels like a coming up to something great, but it never comes. Some physical effects seems similar to other psychedelics i have tried (sadly so far i have only been able to try 1p-lsd and bk-2c-b), i feel all warm, a little mood lift, pleasant feeling in legs, dont know how to describe, it just feels very pleasant when moving legs while laying in bed. And thats pretty much it. Hopefully higher dose will show better results in future, 50mg feels like a long lasting come up to nothing, like the oevs are almost there, but i got no visuals at all, not even closed eyes. My thought is it night be nice in a club setting if higher dose is stimulating, because after this 50mg i feel like i could sleep if i wanted to. Sorry may be a long post and not make much sence because its done while undergoing this "research" in my "lab" :D

Finally got round to trying this one after holding onto 10 x 50mg pellets for several years. Based on other reports I have no reason to believe they lost any potency, especially as they were stored away from light, heat and moisture.

All trials taken orally on an empty stomach, with no cross tolerance (all taken at least 1 month after previous psychedelic experience).

Regardless of dose, I found the duration to be approximately:

Onset - t0:00 - t0:45
Coming Up - t0:45 - t1:00 (very quick)
Plateau - t1:00 - t2:30
Coming Down - t2:30 - t3:30
After Effects - t3:30 - t5:00

Back to baseline by t6:00, albeit with a headache (this was stronger with higher doses).

First trial - 100mg

At this dose I found it similar to ~1g of shrooms - enough to get moderately strong negative physical effects with only mild psychedelic effects. Unfortunately I spent most of the plateau on the toilet with terrible diarrhoea, watching faint kaleidoscopic effects in the bathroom tiles. This eventually wore off, leaving me to lie down and enjoy some emotional introspection along with music enhancement.

I was still feeling a fairly strong stomach ache but around t4:00 felt sober enough to go for a walk with a joint which helped me feel a bit better. Residual stimulation wore off around the 6 hour mark, with no effect on sleep.

Second trial - 150mg

This time I preloaded with 4mg loperamide to prevent diarrhoea, which worked really well. There was still quite a bit of stomach discomfort, but I was able to appreciate the trip much better without being stuck on the toilet for most of it. Psychologically it was similarly manageable to the previous trial, though the music enhancement was much greater and I ended up spending the plateau watching live music performances and reflecting on my current life circumstances. I noticed a quite strong restless leg which I didn’t have the first time. I get this quite often with psychedelics, especially more stimulating ones like LSD, so I wasn’t particularly concerned.

Around t5:00 the discomfort had mostly subsided and I started to feel some erotic effects which I greatly enjoyed (I experience this with most tryptamines towards the come down). Again, at about t6:00 I felt back to baseline with a headache, slightly stronger this time and leading into the morning. Despite getting a good 8 hours sleep I still felt somewhat slow and hungover the following morning, though this wore off by the afternoon.

Third trial - 250mg

In addition to 4mg loperamide, I also preloaded with 8mg ondansetron to mitigate as many of the negative physical effects as possible. This did help, and despite the higher dose the stomach discomfort was reduced but still quite noticeable. As usual I started coming up around the t0:45 mark, and put on some music. I notice the restless leg much stronger this time, and by t1:00 I was feeling seriously high and needed to lie down. I could hear a familiar tryptamine ‘buzz’ which soon turned into a very pleasurable full-body vibration. I shut my eyes and felt myself leaving my body and just focusing on the increasing sensation which was becoming more and more euphoric.

At this point I am vaguely aware of my legs shaking and rubbing together which seemed to increase the pleasure to an incredible degree. Soon it felt like the most psychologically erotic experience of my life as I felt the pleasure drowning out any other stimuli, both my surroundings and any sense of self awareness. At this point I had no idea of my sex, gender, sexuality, or even humanity - all I felt was that I was being absolutely dominated by some pure primeval force and, despite not usually being particularly submissive, I was absolutely loving it. I felt like I must have transformed myself into some sort of cosmic slut (!) and was happy to leave any previous existence behind in awe of this new found power coursing through me. This went on for about 90 minutes before it started to subside and I started to remember who I was along with my surroundings.

I stay lying down in a confused but happy afterglow - how was it possible to have such intense tryptamine eroticism in such a detached, out-of-body way? I wasn’t even aware of being human, let alone a male capable of erection, yet every other sexual experience I’ve had on psychedelics has had a very strong bodily component. The closest experience I’ve had was with high doses of snorted DMT which had a similar feeling of being forced to submit to a god-like power but without any of the eroticism, and was far less immediately euphoric.

Around t4:00 I am already starting to return to normal, though with a stronger headache which again persisted into the following morning. Funnily enough I was actually far too worn out to actually masturbate, and went to sleep fairly easily at around t7:00. However, every orgasm I have had since has been greatly enhanced and comes alongside a strong memory of the intense euphoria, even two weeks later.

Summary

Overall some incredible effects which I have never experienced before with any other high dose psychedelic, or indeed any other drug. However I must emphasise that the unpleasant physical side effects are very strong, especially the diarrhoea, and that there may be better alternatives - I have never tried 5-MeO-DiPT which is closely related and is also known for both eroticism and stomach discomfort, but is much more popular. 5-MeO-MiPT also sounds like it has some similarities, I hope to be able to try both of these one day.

I should also encourage anybody considering trying 5-MeO-DiBF to titrate their doses more gradually, I only made the leap from 150mg to 250mg because I only had 250mg remaining and am unable to acquire any more. The previous highest reported dose I found was 200mg, and there are not many trip reports available on this one at all.

Thanks for sharing! Man, those doses are incredibly high compared to 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT!

Yes thank you so much for sharing. I was unsure but thought it likely that the compound was active. Your description doesnt surprise me, it seems to share some commonalities of 5-meo-dipt.

Now it makes me curious about other benzofuran tryptamine like compounds.

Perhaps at a higher dose of 5-MeO-DIBF, we may see emerge this to be a drug classed in the same breed as:
- MDA (The original "Love Drug")
- MDMA (What Ecstasy really should be 100% of the time)
- 5-MeO-DiPT ("Foxy" or "Foxy Methoxy" - some say an aphrodisiac and a sexual enhancer)
- 5-APB, 6-APB, 5-MAPB, 6-MAPB (benzofuran class and are very close to MDA and MDMA in effects)
- bk-MDMA, bk-xxxx (a lot), 4-MMC, x-xMC, MDPV (bk- beta ketones or cathinone classes etc)
have been classed in the past.

These dont seem to be fully Hallucinogenics and more loved up and great for music, dancing and sex.

If it does kick off for that reason I dont see it lasting long on the market. UK cyber crimes and drug enforcement agencies they work well with each other are getting faster at banning individual substances now. By the end of the year they will probably have some sort of general UK analogue law which is so complicated everything will fall under it, maybe even spice's you put in your daily food!

EDITS:
- Although maybe not, I did feel a little tired during my lower dose session, especially during the 2nd hour, but that may go away with a higher dosage and it may stimulate you a lot more.
- Competing with the class of drugs listed above, rather than a full blown Hallucinogenic

This post scarily predicted the future on UK drug law.

-GC

Now it makes me curious about other benzofuran tryptamine like compounds.

It does seem like a very unexplored area, and those which have been made all seem to be 5-MeO analogues. You've got Dimemebfe/5-MeO-BFE (BF analogue of 5-MeO-DMT) which has some reports albeit with concerns about misrepresentation. Nichols also made Mebfap (BF analogue of 5-MeO-aMT) and 5-MeO-NEBF (BF analogue of 5-MeO-NET) has also been made, though I can't find any reports on either of them.

It does seem like a very unexplored area, and those which have been made all seem to be 5-MeO analogues. You've got Dimemebfe/5-MeO-BFE (BF analogue of 5-MeO-DMT) which has some reports albeit with concerns about misrepresentation. Nichols also made Mebfap (BF analogue of 5-MeO-aMT) and 5-MeO-NEBF (BF analogue of 5-MeO-NET) has also been made, though I can't find any reports on either of them.
I wonder if the 5 meo analogues were chosen because of their potency. Maybe the base analogues would impotent.

I guess the next I'd like to hear about is 4-ho-DMBF analogous to psilocin.