PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy DOiP Thread

psynce of sound

Bluelighter
Welcome to the centralized DOiP Thread

DOIP_structure.jpg

1-(4-isopropyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-2-amine // 4-isopropyl-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine

First apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I am assuming it to be psychedelic due to structure.

It is has recently been offered for sale from a reputable vendor. Not been able to find anything on it bar a minor mention in passing.
Anybody able to help with any information on it's nature and potential effects. I wish to try it but want to know what I'm doing well enough first.
I also found this forum in german that mentions it. The url is http://www.eve-rave.ch/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=39735
Apologies if this link is not allowed but it's all i can find on it. Anyone care to translate the text and relay it back?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to buy this do remember that

A) You are playing human guinea pig ingesting a chemical with almost nothing known about it

B) It's entire possible that it is a totally different chemical than described, sold as such for those who'd wish to test totally unknown compounds for the novelty of it all

I am aware of both of those. The vendor is very reputable from both my experience and others reviews. So I doubt it to be fake or anything like.
If nothing surfaces soon I will have to buy some and test it myself. All sensible of course. It is only available in 25 and 50 mgs so I'm expecting it be very potent. Any info would help so I can make a relatively informed decision.

That would be DOiP, it's mentioned in PIHKAL and is said to be active between 20-30 mg. We have a thread for 2CiP, which has been available for a couple of years, but it never seemed to take off. Maybe it's boring?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/291380-The-Main-2C-iP-Thread

Edit:

Ah, yeah, same vendor :D I know they are getting it from the same lab that makes DOPr as well. I wonder why they don't stock that? Would be much more interesting.

Last edited:
Same for me, I've seen 2 sources selling DOiPR.
The first source don't sell DOPR while the second have DOPR blotters aswell.

Presumably this would be psychedelic? I ask due to seeing it catagorised with stimulants. So I am a little confused as to why. Gut says psy from all knowledge to me.

Isn't DOiP very similar to DOPr, but the dosage (for DOiP) is higher? I'm pretty sure that's the case. Anyway, good luck to the pioneers.

I'm about ready to take DOPr in a few days. I've been busy, but I still read threads here. :)

Despite DOX being amphetamines and their tendency to have some stimulating effects, apparently they don't really share mechanism of action with amphetamines.

And I am not sure if DOiP is so similar to DOPr... is 2C-iP similar to 2C-P? I think sterically DOiP may be closer to DOET - not that DOETs effects are well known...

The iPs do seem to have dosage issues (I am with roi in apprehension, would be a little worried that side-effects get the upper hand that way), strange that 2C-T-4, the iP-thio, is not quite as weak.

Also, what warrants the 'r' in DOPr that is not necessary in the name 2C-P ? Inconsistent or what?

In the 2CiP thread some people are comparing 2CiP to 2CP. But it sounds a lot more like a "generic psychedelic", it actually sounds a little boring and uneventfull. Which was also how I found 2CT4, those two times I tried it.

I bet DOPr is quite different from DOIP.

It is easy to overfocus on the similarity between isopropyl (iP) and propyl (P), but when you replace isopropyl with the equally correct '1-methyl-ethyl' we start linking it to ethyl a lot more all of a sudden. Of course in the end it is a functional group of its own...

2C-D also has low potency and some people find it boring and uneventful and it has been called psychedelic tofu, so not that characteristic really. But plenty of people appreciate it. I guess 2C-iP may also be a little too weak to have a strong personality but who knows? My homeboy lamanogaucha found 2C-T-4 to be wonderful, so to each their own I guess - also with n=1 and n=2 how much can we really hope to say in terms of preference and appreciation?

I totally agree with you there. It's not that 2CT4 was bad, just a bit bland imo. But I do love 2CD though, so yeah, we are all different. I just wonder why 2CiP never really took off, so to speak. Also 2CT4 never seemed to become really popular either, not like some of the other 2C's anyway. But it sure has it's fans :)

I do see your point with iso-propyl being structurally closer to ethyl, but 2CP and 2CE also has some similarities, I guess, so iP is propably around that neighbourhood in effects. DOPr is the one I'd really like to try, though.

The naming scheme is a bit wonky with some of these. It's like Shulgin came up with code names, and then everyone else deciphers it. The 2C part makes sense for sure though.

Your guys' analyses are better than mine. Who's to say DOiP is that similar to DOPr without any qualitative evidence? At least not by me. Yet. Idk about DOiP though, it seems too obscure to acquire.

But yaa, good luck to whoever gets around to it.

That's contrary to basic human behavior, man.

LOL! Too funny! I'm like Xorkoth, actually, but only when discussing such things face-to-face. Sometimes, I even say the full name. Otherwise (i.e. when I'm thinking), they become words: "I'm gonna get me some 'meept' tonight, yo!" :D

Anyhow, concerning 2C-T-4, Solipsis is correct -- I regard that compound as superlative, yet many others (perhaps most) who have tried it, don't. Incidentally, I've had 2C-iP in cold storage for quite some time, but I haven't bio-assayed it yet due to insufficient reliable data regarding dosages. Basically, I don't want to waste time and material by having to titrate too many times, and I don't want to accidentally take too much and spoil my first go at it. If anyone has solid information about this matter, please post your observations on the 2C-iP thread. Cheers.

^^yeah... i read 30mg's DOiP as an approximate threshold or "common" dose in this thread (and elsewhere i think) but is that backed up? would have to be an exceptionaly brilliant chem to warrant buying... can anyone compare with say DOC (the only DOx i'e tried), beause DOC would seem better "value" at a few mg's dosing...

I read 2c-iP was more similar in effet to 2-E than P as some have mentioned, when / if i try these various "iP's" i'll be able to give some solid info...

i' off to the 2c-iP thread ;)

Still no reports or links to reports? %)

Just a reminder that since this is an extremely novel compound we will be removing social chatter and off topic posts. Please refrain from telling us that you've bought it, you're excited about it or what you had for lunch.

will do trying to be more sensible with things of late and cheers for the info before transform :)

turns out its doipr not this one so ive checked and there is nothing on this in here the only thread was closed so dosage would be a great help should of checked before i clicked on the damn pay button

also got some scales coming for once :)

Last edited:
well its on its way so should have it Saturday but wont try it till Tuesday now il have to have some benzo handy at least with been a stim freak the 15 hours plus is no problem

now i am confused here is the dose 20 to 30 mg or no more than 5 mg like ive been told

Last edited: