• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Small & Handy HXE Thread (3-HO-2’-oxo-PCE)

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
Appearently a new MXE analogue. Can anyone tell me what the full IUPAC name would be?

I'm guessing it would be 3-HO-2'-oxo-PCE, but I can't say for sure that's the case. I'd love to be able to try that, it's closer to MXE than MXPr is.

If you know where to get MXPr, this shouldn't be a problem. It is claimed to gonna be vendor-exclusive but I think other vendors could still easily copy this idea. Kinda hope so.

Are MXE and PCP derived from the same thing?

Yes. They're both arylcyclohexamines. MXE is 3-MeO-2'-oxo-PCE, in the nomenclature of 'PCP'. (MXE has an ethyl group where PCP has a phenyl ring, and MXE has the two additional substitutions, the methoxy and the ketone)

Anyway, HXE has been rumored for years so it'll be interesting to see if it actually shows up

Yes. They're both arylcyclohexamines. MXE is 3-MeO-2'-oxo-PCE, in the nomenclature of 'PCP'. (MXE has an ethyl group where PCP has a phenyl ring, and MXE has the two additional substitutions, the methoxy and the ketone)

Anyway, HXE has been rumored for years so it'll be interesting to see if it actually shows up

I got an email from a vendor advertising HXE but when I got to the site there was none! I've not bought anything in years but if this is like MXE sign me up for a Kg of it.

Any amateur(or professional) pharmacologists want to speculate on 3-HO-2-oxo-PCE's effects?
Definitely keen to hear some firsthand experiences.

Was mxe really that great? I never ordered when i had the chance because dissociatives don't make me feel objectively "good" like opioids, but who knows.

The only dissociatives i ever really enjoyed were nitrous oxide and IV ketamine (IM ketamine was just weird). The euphorigenic properties are of utmost importance to me. MXE sounds decent though....as fastandbulbous said, "its like ketamine but with the scary bits removed"...

He still alive btw?

Was mxe really that great? I never ordered when i had the chance because dissociatives don't make me feel objectively "good" like opioids, but who knows.

The only dissociatives i ever really enjoyed were nitrous oxide and IV ketamine (IM ketamine was just weird). The euphorigenic properties are of utmost importance to me. MXE sounds decent though....as fastandbulbous said, "its like ketamine but with the scary bits removed"...

He still alive btw?

Yea, I thought it was. Big doses still had that scary "is-this-gonna-do-me-in?!" vibe, but saner-doses achieved the effect of making everything seem more interesting; otherwise mundane things had a layer of intrigue added. Almost always fun, and positive. Definitely a "brighter" feeling than I get from ket. I'm sure a lot of it is just nostalgia, but it was a keeper. Would love do do it again.

Was mxe really that great?
Yes. I would liken it to LSD in terms of greatness. Or to what Catholics wish their communion wafers could be, the flesh of Jesus.

If LSD is God talking to us, MXE is his son, and then... idk, maybe morphine is the holy spirit. The perfect trifecta.

What I loved about MXE is that I could do virtually anything without anyone noticing I was on it.
That's weird, did you not shoot for hole doses? I could barely form sentences, my mouth muscles wouldn't work, when I was T+1hr on my way into a hole. Couldn't really talk or walk straight till about T+4hr.

Yeah, MXE really was something special. I found it strange the first few times I did it, of course I wasn't really into dissociatives then. Then I "got it" and to this day it's produced some of the most reliable magic of any drug. It's quite psychedelic for a dissociative. It's very euphoric, and also deep, and connects me to flow states better than anything else. For me it has the best combination and ratio of effects present in any dissociative or indeed, almost any drug of any class.

MXE was often better the second or third day of consecutive usage at which point the effects became much smoother.

It's possible that was partially due to metabolite buildup (such as 3-HO-2-Oxo-PCE). At any rate, I'm very excited to try this one.

MXE was often better the second or third day of consecutive usage at which point the effects became much smoother.
I noticed this too. When I wanna shoot for a hole with it I’ll do a sub hole dose the day before as a ‘prep’ of sorts.

I hope this is more promising than MXPr. MXE was something else,quite simply spectacular. I found that being on the edge of a hole was better than being in it with MXE. It came on as sheer bliss,if you like opiates and psychedelics then you'd love it,the enveloping warmth that engulfed mind and body,the soaring heights of enlightenment it provided,the Godliness it gave.

You had to be careful though,using it too much brought on psychosis which you wouldn't realise was happening at the time.

I think 3-HO-2-oxo'-PCE is likely to be much more similar to MXE than MXPr is. That said I always try to remember that I really didn't care for MXE until I'd done it more than a few times. And the same is true of every dissociative I've ever enjoyed.

Anyone with chemistry knowledge willing to break down the comparison between MXE/HXE/MXPr? I've read reports HXE being more structurally similar to MXE but at the same time this is also a great sales pitch.

Last edited:
It IS more structurally similar, as it is the same as MXE except instead of a methoxy on the 3rd position, there is a hydroxy. Whereas MXPr has a methoxy on the 3rd position like MXE, but a propyl on the base structure instead of an ethyl. So actually I guess they're both quit similar, but typically modifications to the core structure will produce more differences than modifications to what is attached to the ring in a particular position. Like how 3-MeO-PCP and 3-Ho-PCP are more similar to one another than 3-MeO-PCP or 3-HO-PCP is to 3-MeO-PCE.