PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy MEM Thread

MrHH

Bluelight Crew

MEM

pihkal122.gif

Other names: 1-[(4-ethoxy-2,5-dimethoxy)phenyl]propan-2-amine / 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethoxyamphetamine

Pikhal entry: #122 MEM

Recently had the opportunity to have a sample of this substance. I still wait for the analysis result, but I am certainly sure that it is what is advertised by the provider (I will let you know in the following weeks).

Anyone tried this? I don't find any references except for the experiences on Pikhal. As soon as I have analytical confirmation I am going to try it out at 15mg oral (do you think should I start even lower?).

Friendly regards!

I just got mine, yet, it'll be a bit before I get to try it. I'd say 15mg's would be a bit too low, maybe 20mg's? I'd be interested in hearing anyone that has tried it so far.

Very jealous, never came across this one. Regardless of the actual qualitative experience, this is one I always wanted to try for the "historical" value.

Do at least 30mg

I just got mine, yet, it'll be a bit before I get to try it. I'd say 15mg's would be a bit too low, maybe 20mg's? I'd be interested in hearing anyone that has tried it so far.

Due to the fact that is a very uncommon chemical, I would like to start low (maybe at 20mgs... not 15mg, but definitively not 30mg), I do not know if you share my feeling? Who knows... maybe I have a different salt and not the one that was tried on Pikhal; or I may have a personal sensibility to these kind of compounds.

Also I would like to personally feel which is the positive effects vs. negative effects (body load) ratio in regards with the dosage. I feel very interesting that this compound is also 'triggering' a special mind-state on the next day of the experience. It's something I've never experienced with any of the other substances...

I think I will go for the 20mg's because I don't want to make a waste (maybe it does not become active until that dosage...). Anyway I would love to know about ideas, but have in mind that there are not plenty of experiences for this one (anyway I am tripping more or less frequently, for more than 9 years now... so I feel pretty comfortable on a wide range of psychedelic substances).

Awesome, thank you for reporting! Do you have any reports of it by itself?

EDIT: I see you haven't tried it on its own, but I also see the basis for thinking it was safe since Shulgin made reports of the combination. Looking forward to a report of it on its own. :)

Last edited:
How is this compound even available again? Who makes these obscure mystic analogues? Cant wait to try it. Ill let you know how it was :)

I have access to this compound right now, is it worthwile? There is nearly any info arround :(

Well the trip report I just linked to gives my impressions in detail, but basically, I found it pleasant but not anything special, on its own. However, in combo it seems really good. I combined it with 4-HO-MiPT to great effect. And Shulgin as well as MrHH from Bluelight say that when added to MDMA, it's amazing.

Last edited:
Well the trip report I just linked to gives my impressions in detail, but basically, I found it pleasant but not anything special, on its own. However, in combo is seems really good. I combined it with 4-HO-MiPT to great effect. And Shulgin as well as MrHH from Bluelight say that when added to MDMA, it's amazing.
oh, MrHH is a good known friend, I'll ask him ;) for what I read from Shulgin he also feels the same, nothing really interesting on its own but awesome to do combos.

oh, MrHH is a good known friend, I'll ask him ;) for what I read from Shulgin he also feels the same, nothing really interesting on its own but awesome to do combos.
If you read the chapter about MEM in the first half of pihkal you'll learn that Shulgin considered MEM to have great therapeutic potential, on its own.
Im gonna try a fairly high dose of this and I will write a short report on what I thought about it.

Any updates on this? I've been interested in this compound since I first stumbled across PiHKAL. I have 250mg and am waiting for the perfect opportunity to give it a go...

Nice, read my report a few posts up, I linked to it.

Wonder what went down with MrHH. Wish I knew, I liked that guy.

So on it's own, it's not particular interesting but with MDMA it is a freaking great combo?

(Isn't everything a great combo on MDMA?)

Common, tickle my clit, uh fancy, why would i even be remotely interested in this?

For the sake of knowledge? For the sake of combining with MDMA? I dunno, I got a single-dose sample of 50mg and didn't have any MDMA at the time, but I enjoyed it even though there are much better compounds that stand out more. However it had basically no negative aspects at all other than I wished it had more content. After the peak I combined it with 30mg of 4-HO-MiPT and had a GREAT trip, they seemed to combine well together but it wasn't anything groundbreaking.