• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on gabapentin? I have 100 mg capsules but haven't really used them.
100mg Gabapentin probably won’t do much. I used to get 300mg x 3 per day in addition to Norco (Hydrocodone). It didn’t do crap. Everyone I have read who gets anything from Gabapentin is taking closer to 2000-3000 mg at a time. I have played with Lyrica(Pregablin) though, it’s Gabapentin’s older brother. One large dose for me was 300mg. Two hours after a dose and I’m passed out like I drank 10 shots of tequila, slept like a drunk and woke up with a pill-flavored hangover. I got the impression that either one in large doses hits the brain very similarly to alcohol.

N
90 mg oxy per day. Used lopes in past until refill. Whats a good starting dose. 50 % of my doc I hear. What would you recommend after that for 10 days. Max.
Does quinine before taking help? Lastly, will 100 mg gabs help, or should I refrain if using lopes? Any help is great! Hate wds
Non quinin,but quinidin.This stuff prevent the eflux pump to stop workin for a while and antidhiareal start to have central effect.But it not advisible.Quinidin could led to dangerous heart conditions.

Normally lopes. Try to take 20 , 2 mg in hopes of lasting until next day. Then if 7 days until next refill, I reduce lopes a few every day
That’s basically what I was doing at first. Start with enough to reduce the wd’s to a tolerable level, and then focus on getting off it ASAP

Can I take lopes and gabs?
I see no reason why not, know that both are habit forming with their own withdrawals if you take them long enough.
I found nefopam useful too. It's non opioid, non benzo, non addictive compared to everything else but it has opiate like properties, like constipation and pain relief. It's not a well known one so you need to ask your doctor specifically. It calms diarrhea without being an opiate.

If you wanna quit right is the moment.15,mg oxy per day is nothing.you can easily unhooked,if you want that.As for loperamide i dont know.Have use this only ocassionaly as prescribed.Good luck!
I have tapered down from about 120mg per day oxy down to 15mg per day (I think I even got down to 7.5mg once). I never actually stabilized at that dose for more than a few days but it was murder. I can’t imagine how I would have felt if I jumped off at that dose just because I was desperately looking forward to my little slice of a pill every 12 hours. Obviously, everyone is different but I can’t say that it would have been easy for me to quit cold turkey at that level.

They don’t really effect eachother. Beware though, tolerance builds a lot faster with gabapentin than with opiates. And the wd’s from gabapentin are a real mind-fuck.
Do gabs really help was? I have been given a script for 100mg gabs. I hear mostly 300 mg gabs. Snorting them is uplifting. I never actually knew what gabs we for? To potentate oxy?

Do gabs really help was? I have been given a script for 100mg gabs. I hear mostly 300 mg gabs. Snorting them is uplifting. I never actually knew what gabs we for? To potentate oxy?
Gabs affect the nerves in some way to make them less good at conveying pain messages, hence is sold as a painkiller for neurological conditions. I used to get the 100s until I asked could I have the same amount in fewer capsules, now they give me 300s, but I never take all I'm given, I take none some weeks then a lot other weeks. Everyone is different, this is a med I've taken for years on and off without getting hooked on it, but I know that even people with the same condition as me either love it or hate it. I happen to love it, my bf told me it was the worst thing she ever took and tried to stop me taking it. It's a marmite med for sure.

Wow, tomorrow is three weeks since I tried to quit my selection of opiates that didn't come from the doctor.
Day 4, I put on a 5mg patch, now I'm on a 10mg patch, lots of comfort meds, I still didn't manage yesterday or today without slipping my DOC into the day.
But with my DOC, I'm happy. I like being happy.
I must make that list, remember why 10mg of buprenorphine is better than being happy. Right now, it slipped away.
Tomorrow I'll go back to being good, tonight I'm getting smashed.

Not to sound like a Kindergarten teacher but there’s no magic to getting through this without the withdrawals. Loperamide, Gabapentin, Kratom: all of the stuff on BlueLight that is available does help to reduce the severity while extending the timeline but some level of withdrawals symptoms are unavoidable. My life got a lot better once I stopped trying to feel great all of the time with ‘substitutes’ and I just decided it was going to have to suck if I was ever going to make any progress.

Now, after years of struggle, my life is better (not perfect but definitely better that it was) but I got here through suffering. And believe it or not.... the worst suffering I endured was always a direct result of my attempts to reduce my suffering to zero (like someone switching to heroin to get past oxycodone wds). It’s something I always knew but I kept telling myself that there was some sort of “hack” and if I could just find it then I could beat the system. I finally understand that if I dig myself a hole, eventually it’s just up to me to get dirty and climb out of it. Can’t fix it by living underground for the rest of my life.

Wow, tomorrow is three weeks since I tried to quit my selection of opiates that didn't come from the doctor.
Day 4, I put on a 5mg patch, now I'm on a 10mg patch, lots of comfort meds, I still didn't manage yesterday or today without slipping my DOC into the day.
But with my DOC, I'm happy. I like being happy.
I must make that list, remember why 10mg of buprenorphine is better than being happy. Right now, it slipped away.
Tomorrow I'll go back to being good, tonight I'm getting smashed.
Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt, the hat, and the scars to prove it. I can promise anyone reading this that if you party like it’s 1999.... you won’t be able to turn it off tomorrow and 2000 will be harder than it sounds right now.

Gabs affect the nerves in some way to make them less good at conveying pain messages, hence is sold as a painkiller for neurological conditions. I used to get the 100s until I asked could I have the same amount in fewer capsules, now they give me 300s, but I never take all I'm given, I take none some weeks then a lot other weeks. Everyone is different, this is a med I've taken for years on and off without getting hooked on it, but I know that even people with the same condition as me either love it or hate it. I happen to love it, my bf told me it was the worst thing she ever took and tried to stop me taking it. It's a marmite med for sure.
Ty

There’s something called “Tolerance Withdrawals”. I have experienced it so I know it’s real. With opiates you eventually reach a point where you haven’t reduced your dosage but you’re experiencing wd’s as if you are tapering down your dosage.

The only two solutions are to keep taking more or to be in some sort of withdrawal. Tolerance withdrawal mostly manifests in the form of stress, depression, confusion, insomnia, etc.

Switching to Loperamide for example: Find a dose that completely knocks out your wds and you feel like you have the solution, forever. What isn’t obvious is that you’re actually using more of a different kind of opiate. Pretty soon you need more of that one to feel ‘good’. Now you’re in a deeper hole with a more dangerous drug and it’s really hard to just get back to that place where life was hard without your DOC.

AND.... life is hard. Opiates make it easy. Too long without the struggle of normal life and we forget that it’s not supposed to be simple or it wouldn’t be a life. Part of making progress is to retrain the brain to accept the natural difficulties that show up everyday. Those that never accept that fact usually wind up dead. I decided a few months ago that I don’t want to lose everything before I pulled my head out of my ass and have to start over with no job, no home, and no family.

So here I am. My head was so far up my own ass that everything just looked shitty. I have real screws in my back, real pain from spinal cord damage, and a legitimate reason to use opiates every day. It took forever, there were a lot of mistakes along the way, I still have a huge mountain to climb, but I am making progress. And thankfully I realized this before I lost anything important.

Also, there’s a mountain of evidence that after long term opiate use it can take up to two years to un-fuck the damaged wiring in your brain. The diarrhea , sweating, insomnia, all go away in a week or two. The brain chemistry seems to be almost normal after a month, but only after ALL of the drugs are out of your system. But if the goal is to feel ‘normal’, better strap in because it’s going to be a long ride.

Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt, the hat, and the scars to prove it. I can promise anyone reading this that if you party like it’s 1999.... you won’t be able to turn it off tomorrow and 2000 will be harder than it sounds right now.
Lucky I'm such a lightweight these days, I was out cold by 8.30pm, so much less damage done than I had in mind :ROFLMAO:

Also, there’s a mountain of evidence that after long term opiate use it can take up to two years to un-fuck the damaged wiring in your brain. The diarrhea , sweating, insomnia, all go away in a week or two. The brain chemistry seems to be almost normal after a month, but only after ALL of the drugs are out of your system. But if the goal is to feel ‘normal’, better strap in because it’s going to be a long ride.
Yeah, it takes a huge commitment to stick it out forever.
Sometimes you need to glimpse outside of the hole you dug, feel normal, remember you want to feel normal all the time and not just when dosed up. So I floated out of the hole last night, within minutes I felt everything in the world was great, three hours later I was asleep on the sofa and someone put a blanket on me. Seems so harmless, some say everything is ok in moderation, unless it's cyanide, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.